Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 11/22/2014 12:25:13 AM EDT
The last two years were a bit rough.

Some of you may remember the Christmas and Independence Day NRA membership giveaways that I did, but they had to stop for a while. Rent and all that hooey. Those of you who don't have Ferrari Italias and supermodel wives may be able to sympathize. I had to sell mine.

Anyway, I racked up a pile of OT and some per diems, so I have some extra cash and I need a good thing to do with it.

Convince me that you should receive an annual NRA membership and your membership will be one of the good things. It's my early Christmas present. It's a Thanksgiving present. For once, you can be glad that the Christmas sale started before Thursday.

This giveaway requires you to provide your name and address to me so that I can have the membership sent to your home. That bothers some people and I understand that. But, if you want the membership, you'll have to provide that information. So don't ask if you don't want to go there.

In the past, members have asked me to buy a membership for a family member. I'm okay with that, just make sure that the family member won't object to you providing his personal information.

We've got members whose houses burned down. Meanwhile, I'm pleased with myself because I bought another camera and a motorcycle. Sometimes the world isn't right. I aim to make Christmas come a little early for a few people.

Rogueboss, I saw your thread. If you post in here, the first three are yours.

<Tacked until the memberships have been claimed - Z>
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:26:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:29:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:29:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Good man!

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:29:26 AM EDT
[#4]
You are a rare person......I applaud you.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:30:14 AM EDT
[#5]
[applause]

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:30:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Already a member.  Good on you for doing this.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:31:42 AM EDT
[#7]
IM sent.

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:33:27 AM EDT
[#8]
I have never had one, don't want one. I couldn't take the spam mail.

But kudos to you, sir.

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:34:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:35:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have never had one, don't want one. I couldn't take the spam mail.

But kudos to you, sir.

View Quote

You can opt out of the solicitations. I did. Sure you won't change your mind?
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:37:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Thanks for doing this
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:37:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Funny thing. I just got an email from Wayne reminding me to renew. I'm not a good self-promoter and it's hard to ask but I was hoping to buy myself something a little more fun than a membership for Christmas.

Whoever you choose, it's a good thing you're doing!
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:39:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Mine just expired, thanks for reminding me to re-up
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:39:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Good man, OP.

<----- (Don't need an annual membership)
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:39:53 AM EDT
[#15]
I would love one, but im sure there are FAR MANY people who deserve one given to them for free.

Kudos to you sir.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:40:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Pm sent. Thank you so much for the offer. I am an NRA member and recently re upped the membership.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:41:43 AM EDT
[#17]
I'd like to be an NRA member.  Seems like something that every gun loving person should do.  But alas life and bills (like you mentioned) have kept me from actually doing it.  And now it's the holidays again and they seem to come faster and faster every year.

I don't have much to say.  I prefer to work for things myself and if I can't afford it, then it doesn't need to happen.  And with life being life; an NRA membership has always been something that never even makes it into the monthly budget.

I remember when GrandFatherCoyote gifted me a membership to ARFCOM.  It was so unexpected and I am very thankful.  People like GFC and yourself and all the others are part of what makes this place great.

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:42:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Already am a life member, but thanks for doing that OP.  Pure class.

Related question, how do we get our NRA eagle icons?
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:43:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Never been a member, but I won't ask, rather they go to those in worse shape..but I commend you OP for sharing your self, and helping others..its a great thing you do...
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:44:36 AM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:46:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Goatboy's original answer to your question in this thread: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_1/1233259_NRA_Program___Get_Your_Icon_.html

It takes a week or two. They're understandably busy.

Some of you have noticed the small NRA icon in posts I've been making the last few days. This is part of an effort to increase our NRA membership and voting power here on ARFCOM. If you are a life member, and thus a voting member, you can send in a photo of your membership card and we'll get you added to the group.

For those of you who do not see the value in this, the NRA fights the big fights, and in order to ensure our interests are represented we need to have a vote. Upgrading or joining the NRA at a voting position ensures your voice will be heard and ours, as a group, collectively louder. The NRA needs our support to continue to fight and being a life member allows you to help dictate which fights are important. So send in your photos, show your icon proudly, and help ensure that tactical rifles continue to be at the forefront of their efforts.

Send emails to [email protected], include your username, and we'll get you upgraded!
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:47:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Never been a member, but I won't ask, rather they go to those in worse shape..but I commend you OP for sharing your self, and helping others..its a great thing you do...
View Quote

Don't sell yourself short.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:48:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Good on you Opie!

If you have an extra car stickers, that'd be awesome!

(I don't drive like an asshole)
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:48:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Good man!
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:50:16 AM EDT
[#25]
I'M hoping I won't need to renew anytime soon.

Good giveaway!
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:52:32 AM EDT
[#26]
You're a good guy, op.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:52:54 AM EDT
[#27]
As cool and awesome as the intent is. EDT:  Help some dogs.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:55:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Goatboy's original answer to your question in this thread: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_1/1233259_NRA_Program___Get_Your_Icon_.html

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some of you have noticed the small NRA icon in posts I've been making the last few days. This is part of an effort to increase our NRA membership and voting power here on ARFCOM. If you are a life member, and thus a voting member, you can send in a photo of your membership card and we'll get you added to the group.

For those of you who do not see the value in this, the NRA fights the big fights, and in order to ensure our interests are represented we need to have a vote. Upgrading or joining the NRA at a voting position ensures your voice will be heard and ours, as a group, collectively louder. The NRA needs our support to continue to fight and being a life member allows you to help dictate which fights are important. So send in your photos, show your icon proudly, and help ensure that tactical rifles continue to be at the forefront of their efforts.

Send emails to [email protected], include your username, and we'll get you upgraded!

Thanks man, appreciate it.  
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:56:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Paid for an eagle after someone cared enough to give me an annual.

Good job OP.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:56:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Awesome OP! definitely sucks having less cash than usual, especially around the holidays. I did however renew my membership but will be doing this for sure when I can. Especially to some of our Veterans.

Happy Holidays OP!
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:57:29 AM EDT
[#31]
I've been meaning to join for a long time. Times are really tough and buying a NRA membership is pretty far down the list for me, especially with Black Friday coming up
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:59:58 AM EDT
[#32]
good for you, brother.  I gotta renew my annual membership soon.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:15:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Thanks for doing this.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:18:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Thats a great thing your doing.

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:19:43 AM EDT
[#35]
My vote is for the guy that just had his house burn down.

Eta: yep didnt read your whole post
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:25:28 AM EDT
[#36]

Friend just sent this to me bragging from the dealership. I should get a membership just for dealing with his ego.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:27:24 AM EDT
[#37]
I say give them to some veterans, they deserve it more than most of our sorry asses
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:52:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Friend just sent this to me bragging from the dealership. I should get a membership just for dealing with his ego.
View Quote

He sucks,

yer pretty much in.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:01:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

He sucks,

yer pretty much in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz326/dasharfcom/2D4610BB-41EE-4450-8BB4-5B7371E6E805_zpsgu5yf1xa.jpg

He sucks,

yer pretty much in.

Apparently his 430 wasn't enough.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:12:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Classy move, OP.  Good on 'ya.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:12:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Wow man thats really a cool thing to do.  I am already a memebr and I dont even mind the spam mail, its nice to get spam mail with cool guns on it... haha,  really I actually try and use the services they offer if I am in need to that product.  I really feel that it helps the cause.

If you have not given these away to vets who have the desire and dont have the ability to join, you could get my 9 year old daughter a youth membership.  Shes a good kid who loves to shoot.  I let her take over my old 10/22.  Its still a little long for her but she does well with it.  I was actually very proud of her because she shows real responsability when shooting.  I was worried a little, but she actually has show an increase in her attentivness outside of shooting ever since we started shooting last summer.  She was upset because I have a sling on my AR and felt she needed one on hers also, so she cut a length of nylon runner and (under my supervision) built and tied herself a little sling.  It warms my heart to see her do this.  Very proud of my little whipper snapper.

You can see her home made white sling attached.  She is so proud of that thing.

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:33:24 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Wow man thats really a cool thing to do.  I am already a memebr and I dont even mind the spam mail, its nice to get spam mail with cool guns on it... haha,  really I actually try and use the services they offer if I am in need to that product.  I really feel that it helps the cause.

If you have not given these away to vets who have the desire and dont have the ability to join, you could get my 9 year old daughter a youth membership.  Shes a good kid who loves to shoot.  I let her take over my old 10/22.  Its still a little long for her but she does well with it.  I was actually very proud of her because she shows real responsability when shooting.  I was worried a little, but she actually has show an increase in her attentivness outside of shooting ever since we started shooting last summer.  She was upset because I have a sling on my AR and felt she needed one on hers also, so she cut a length of nylon runner and (under my supervision) built and tied herself a little sling.  It warms my heart to see her do this.  Very proud of my little whipper snapper.

You can see her home made white sling attached.  She is so proud of that thing.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k152/ontime_1969/Mobile%20Uploads/20140901_173227.jpg

View Quote

You are so in.

Your daughter is doing everything right, as are you. This has nothing to do with the ten memberships, she's good to go.
Your daughter is learning a beautiful right and hobby from a good man. PM me. Yours is beyond the question.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:35:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Wow, right on. That's pretty darn cool.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:41:35 AM EDT
[#44]

bump from another NRA Lifer.

Gotta get my eagle one of these days.

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 3:35:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
You are so in.

Your daughter is doing everything right, as are you. This has nothing to do with the ten memberships, she's good to go.
Your daughter is learning a beautiful right and hobby from a good man. PM me. Yours is beyond the question.
View Quote

Wow. thank you, those words mean a lot me.  I was not going to post this but what the hell, most people I know in real life dont know what happened to me and I have not talked to any of my old colleagues or fellow students and residents due to shame and embarrassment. I lost my career after 10 years of school and education and years prior working at the patient bed side as an respiratory therapists.  Im an MD, graduated medical school and I can't practice or continue with residency, I never made an error and this was not because of a patient care mistake or anything like that.  

My mom got cancer and had no one to help her. so I took a leave of absence to help her through chemo and radiation therapy, my family and I left Arlington Virginia and came home to Arizona to circle the wagons, so to speak.  She had two major thoracic surguries during this time and  I drove her to her chemo, radiation treatment, imaging lab draws and everything else.  She passed after 2 years of fighting the good fight.  My actions and my wifes gave her that extra time to know that granddaughter of hers in that picture I posted.  More importantly my daugter will never forget her grandma.  When she died I went into a full depression and I lost my faith for a while, I had no history of this and I admit I could have dealt with it better.

My wife never lost her faith in me and helped me recover but I missed my window to take my USMLE step 3 and lost my residency. Things have been tight and difficult and a real shock to the system.  Im no spring chicken as I went back to school as a returning adult student at 30 years old.  I am 45 now and I have been wandering for about a year now unsure how to proceed in life other than being the most hands on father in all history, all the while living off the wifes income.  This has been hard because I have never taken help from any one and clawed and fought for everything I have achived.  I am still doing small things in medicine, but well nothing like I trained for.  I am lucky man In many many ways and I wont forget that.

In a way it has been a blessing if you look at the bright side, in other ways it has been devistating to my family.  So your kind words mean a lot, so thank you for that.  I dont have many friends here in arizona so my short time (14er) arfcom has been like bro time for me.  Yes pathetic but, somewhat therapeutic, heck I might even get flamed for this post.  Yup thats ok I got my boots on and getting things going again so the acute crisis has been over for a while.

Thank you for the youth membership, really, I thank you from the bottom of my heart, she will love it.  Your a good man. How arfcom make grown men get dust in our eyes so much I just dont know.  Thanks you for giving back and thanks for the community here.  Thanks for letting me get this out too...I hope I dont sound too much like a loser, im not, I played the cards handed me as best I could.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 3:56:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Lifer here, thanks for doing this OP
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 8:29:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The last two years were a bit rough.

Some of you may remember the Christmas and Independence Day NRA membership giveaways that I did, but they had to stop for a while. Rent and all that hooey. Those of you who don't have Ferrari Italias and supermodel wives may be able to sympathize. I had to sell mine.

Anyway, I racked up a pile of OT and some per diems, so I have some extra cash and I need a good thing to do with it.

Convince me that you should receive an annual NRA membership and your membership will be one of the good things. It's my early Christmas present. It's a Thanksgiving present. For once, you can be glad that the Christmas sale started before Thursday.

This giveaway requires you to provide your name and address to me so that I can have the membership sent to your home. That bothers some people and I understand that. But, if you want the membership, you'll have to provide that information. So don't ask if you don't want to go there.

In the past, members have asked me to buy a membership for a family member. I'm okay with that, just make sure that the family member won't object to you providing his personal information.

We've got members whose houses burned down. Meanwhile, I'm pleased with myself because I bought another camera and a motorcycle. Sometimes the world isn't right. I aim to make Christmas come a little early for a few people.

Rogueboss, I saw your thread. If you post in here, the first three are yours.
View Quote

Absolutely fantastic OP....this is the true spirit of ARFCOM!  

I hope you have a very, Merry Christmas and one heck of a New Year my friend!

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 8:33:56 AM EDT
[#48]
While I would like one, there are many more deserving than myself.  I applaud you OP, I hope to one day find myself in a position to do something like this.  
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:50:02 AM EDT
[#49]
Way to go op !
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:50:32 AM EDT
[#50]
OP you are a good man
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top