BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:08:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good work not voting for the icky Mormon.

Those schmucks got exactly what you deserve.

I'm glad you personally voted for Romney. But plenty of your fellow born-agains couldn't get over him being Mormon.

I had no idea Americans had such a strong anti-Mormon sentiment until they mentioned that during the election. Your point is spot-on - talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Did they ever report on which denomination had the strongest objection to Romney?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Uhmm,  the last presidential candidate I voted for isn't Christian, he's lds.
And thanks to some bigoted evangelicals, this is exactly why we have Obama for president.    
Good work not voting for the icky Mormon.

Those schmucks got exactly what you deserve.

I'm glad you personally voted for Romney. But plenty of your fellow born-agains couldn't get over him being Mormon.

I had no idea Americans had such a strong anti-Mormon sentiment until they mentioned that during the election. Your point is spot-on - talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Did they ever report on which denomination had the strongest objection to Romney?

I'll start by saying I very gladly pulled the lever for Romney.  

However, of all the viable Conservatives out there, the Republican Party had to nominate the only Moderate New Englander running.  The same guy who sprang the model for Obamacare on his fellow Massholes.  Romney happening to be a Mormon was just the icing on the cake for some folks.

The reason Obama was reelected has more to do with the Republicans picking the one candidate who could not continuously pummel Zero over the head with Obamacare than it does either candidate's religion.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:08:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I'll tell you what; I'm an atheist, I don't give a rat's ass about an individual's faith as long as they respect the Constitution but watching you Christians bicker and fight about who's a REAL Christian is a hoot.  Your secular nonsense is just a degree away from the secular nonsense the Shias and Sunnis engage in.  Mormons, Catholics, Unitarians, whatever, you all have enough in common the last thing you should be doing is degrading each other.  There's REAL enemies to fight.  Fuckin' play nice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

I'll tell you what; I'm an atheist, I don't give a rat's ass about an individual's faith as long as they respect the Constitution but watching you Christians bicker and fight about who's a REAL Christian is a hoot.  Your secular nonsense is just a degree away from the secular nonsense the Shias and Sunnis engage in.  Mormons, Catholics, Unitarians, whatever, you all have enough in common the last thing you should be doing is degrading each other.  There's REAL enemies to fight.  Fuckin' play nice.

I HATE EVERYONE WHO ISN'T NON-DENOMINATIONAL BIBLICAL CHRISTIAN!!!!!@!!!!111
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:12:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I DON'T BELIEVE IN God.  That said though, I would vote for an observant  Jew/Christian/Muslim
as long as I thought that they believed in "America" in the same way as I do.

View Quote

This ^^^^

As long as they have the best interests of the United States at heart I don't care what they worship, or don't, in their personal life.

Christian here.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:14:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The poll's assumption is that you ARE Christian voting for a non-Christian, so of course it wouldn't have Christian as an option.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Your poll choices suck cock.

Where is the one that says Christian?

You ensured that the poll doesn't mean shit.

The poll's assumption is that you ARE Christian voting for a non-Christian, so of course it wouldn't have Christian as an option.

Then where is the "none" choice?

Are statistics that difficult for you?
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:15:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm more concerned with what someone believes about America than what they believe about God.

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:16:04 AM EDT
[#6]
If they were the right guy for the job
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:20:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Coming from a culture heavily influenced by Judeo-Christian values does not make one a Christian.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:29:07 AM EDT
[#8]
I held my nose and voted for Mitt Romney so yes I would vote for a nonchristian.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:40:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
And how's that Obamacare working out for all you and your fellow Christians? You sure showed us Mormons by not voting for Romney...and, uh, voting for Obama? Or throwing your vote away on a 3rd candidate? Sorry 3rd party people. It hurts, but it's true. Absolutely no concept of tactics.

Zhukov's comment is spot on.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I DON'T BELIEVE IN God.  That said though, I would vote for an observant  Jew/Christian/Muslim

+1, same here.

As long as they keep their religion out of the law, I don't care what they believe in personally.  

I know several Christians who didn't vote for Romney because he was a Mormon.  I didn't vote for him because of Romneycare and his AWB while governor.
And how's that Obamacare working out for all you and your fellow Christians? You sure showed us Mormons by not voting for Romney...and, uh, voting for Obama? Or throwing your vote away on a 3rd candidate? Sorry 3rd party people. It hurts, but it's true. Absolutely no concept of tactics.

Zhukov's comment is spot on.

I'm an atheist, hence my "+1, same here," In response to the post saying I DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD.

I'm a libertarian, and certainly didn't vote for Obama.  As far as I'm concerned, based on his record Romney would have just been White Obama.  What tactics are involved when the two choices are slightly different versions of the same man?  We will disagree on this, no doubt, but it's been argued to exhaustion elsewhere and that is fine with me.

But the original post is spot on regarding many Christians, which is why I mentioned that some of the Christians I know refused to vote for Romney.  

And I'm sorry your butt hurts so much.

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:18:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Same for me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same for me.

Mormons are Christian.  
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:21:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'd vote Bibi.  God, can you imagine what he'd do to Iran and ISIS if he had our military?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd vote Jewish

I'd vote Bibi.  God, can you imagine what he'd do to Iran and ISIS if he had our military?

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:22:12 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Religion has very little effect on my voting!
View Quote
+1

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:27:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

To be fair, it has been a few centuries since they killed each other over it, but not quite as long as being Catholic was a big issue for a presidential candidate.  (JFK)
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:29:48 AM EDT
[#14]
I am an agnostic and atheist.

I would vote for anyone that demonstrated that they believed in the constitution as the supreme law of the land.

I would not vote for a Muslim because (as I understand it) Sharia Laws supersedes the constitution in their eyes.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:29:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

I don't thing that means what you thing it means.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:44:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

I disagree with their beliefs much like you disagree with mine.  Deal with it.

Mormon's are great people, and I hope to see them in heaven.

- Nondenominational Christian who volunteered time to a Republican campaign this election cycle.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:50:52 AM EDT
[#17]

sigh.

At least he wasn't a Catholic.

Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 3:00:00 AM EDT
[#18]
I absolutely would vote for a Jew, Deist and any brand of Christian, as well as an Agnostic. I do put Mormonism in that category as well. Although Mormons do not exactly fit into Christianity as we Christians see it, I am friends with many Mormons and find them to be good people, people I could vote for.

I absolutely would not vote for a muslim under any circumstances, and I would not vote for a hard core atheist.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 3:50:22 AM EDT
[#19]
How did Atheist pass Deist? I really don't understand, where are the Christians who would prefer a president who does not believe in a creator over someone who does?
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:12:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Your poll choices suck cock.

Where is the one that says Christian?

You ensured that the poll doesn't mean shit.

The "none" choice is right at the bottom.  Geez.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:17:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

An observant Muslim can not believe in "America" the same way you do.

Islam is literally counter to a limited constitutional republic emphasizing protection of individual liberties and freedoms.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 11:10:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
In recent years, all presidents have been Christian. Is this a result of just odds, as most of our country is Christian, or do most Christians refuse to vote outside their faith?

For the purpose of the pole, assume you agree with the candidate on any issues that are important to you, except faith.
View Quote

I'll tell you what I wont vote for, so hopefully they don't fuck it up again in two years . . . .

a mormon.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 11:22:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 11:35:33 AM EDT
[#24]
I don't know how a successful politician at that level could be a Christian just because of what they had to do to get there.

I vote for the best candidate regardless and voted Romney.  Ben Carson might be the closest to a Christian to ever run and that is because he didn't come up through the corrupt system that is American politics. ymmv
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:10:10 PM EDT
[#25]
none of the above
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:19:22 PM EDT
[#26]
I would never vote muslim

All candidates must also pass the smell test
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:26:20 PM EDT
[#27]
I completely disagree with your premise that all have been Christian lately. Hell, I voted for a Morman last time but at least he was an American who had more experience than voting "present" . We have a muslim in there now.   McCain is an American but I doubt he is a "Christian". The Bush's may be Christian but see paragraph below.

There are a ton of "christians" out there who don't know squat about running a country or being President-so no I wouldn't vote for them.  I'm much more interested in someone who can lead and make big decisions for the good of the country and uphold the Constitution than where he goes to church. That said: FBHO and his supporters.

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:36:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Shoot, a lot of them wouldn't even vote for a Christian president who wasn't one of their approved types of Christian.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:38:16 PM EDT
[#29]
narcissists and sociopaths are attracted to politics the same way tall people are attracted to basketball
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:39:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Feinstein is jewish
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:40:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
narcissists and sociopaths are attracted to politics the same way tall people are attracted to basketball
View Quote

This is sig lineable.  

Well done.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:40:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Isnt that mormon?
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:46:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Sure lets vote based on the mans faith. That's always turned out well Jimmy Carter anyone?

A mans stated faith has little bearing on my vote (Islam would be the exception).
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:52:12 PM EDT
[#34]
I voted for romney.
The Bushes are both Christians. So was Reagan ( i guess ).

I've lived in UT, and my Mormon friends considered themselves Christian.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:53:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Feinstein is jewish
View Quote

I don't think most Israelis would agree.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:59:38 PM EDT
[#36]
I would vote for anyone as long as he did not wear his religion on his sleeve. That is, I don't care what silly religion he adheres to in private (and Mormonism is a prime example of a "silly religion") as long as he doesn't make a public issue of it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 3:05:39 PM EDT
[#37]
I'd vote for a transgendered Wiccan who respected the Constitution, the rule of law, and sincerely believed that the United States was the best country on Earth.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 3:15:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
In recent years, all presidents have been Christian. Is this a result of just odds, as most of our country is Christian, or do most Christians refuse to vote outside their faith?

For the purpose of the pole, assume you agree with the candidate on any issues that are important to you, except faith.
View Quote

A bunch of past presidents have CLAIMED to be Christian - a small but very important distinction.

I would be willing to vote for someone that did not profess Christianity.  I would much rather that than a charlatan.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 3:18:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I can't think of a true Christian that has run recently. Romney certainly wasn't. I voted for him.
View Quote

For all of his faults, Romney also did not pretend or otherwise put on a farcical show of Christianity or faith in general.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 3:32:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Im a Christian and would vote for a Jewish or mormon candidate

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 3:56:52 PM EDT
[#41]
All except the ROPer. We already have the Diet Coke version in office.

Other than that, the guy / gal can worship a fucking cabbage for all I care as long as he dismantles and fixes the Kenyan idiot's fuckups.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 5:54:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I am an agnostic and atheist.

I would vote for anyone that demonstrated that they believed in the constitution as the supreme law of the land.

I would not vote for a Muslim because (as I understand it) Sharia Laws supersedes the constitution in their eyes.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 6:05:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:41:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

For all of his faults, Romney also did not pretend or otherwise put on a farcical show of Christianity or faith in general.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't think of a true Christian that has run recently. Romney certainly wasn't. I voted for him.

I thought he was a terrible candidate, but I do agree with this. He was better than McSame in 2008.  

/the last decent president was GHW Bush, and he wasn't great.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:43:01 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Feinstein is jewish
View Quote

Feinstein's problem isn't that she is Jewish.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:07:55 AM EDT
[#46]
I'd have no problem voting for a Jewish candidate.  I'd probably be fine with a Mormon candidate.  Atheists, agnostics, deists, Muslims, and others not so much.  The candidate would have to be rather exceptional, in the vicinity of Goldwater at least.  This is all much truer in the case of a candidate that actively practices their faith (if applicable) and/or has their political views rather informed by their religion or lack thereof.  Atheism does not naturally beget Rightism; quite the opposite.  Exceptions, like Goldwater, are just that.  Islam is at odds with Western civilization and only in the most watered-down form (maybe something like King Abdullah II) is it really compatible to any degree with traditional Western political ideals.  Ultimately, there needs to be a compatibility in values expressed through politics.  Like it or not, religion can often play an immense role in this, even a vital one.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:10:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Exodus 18 gives the requirements for a representative:

1. Able to do the job
2. Fear God
3. Trustworthy
4. Hate dishonest gain

note that #1 regards ability, and religious commitment is second

so yes, I would vote for a nonchristian if they are able to do the job over a Christian who isn't.
View Quote

Pretty much this.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:16:10 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

Sectarian, not secular.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:18:19 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

To be fair, it has been a few centuries since they killed each other over it, but not quite as long as being Catholic was a big issue for a presidential candidate.  (JFK)
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

Never heard of the troubles in Northern Ireland, I guess?

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:59:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Why should I care what the POTUS's religion is?  

Does he love this country?  
Does he believe in the Constitution as it was intended by the Framers?  
Will he defend this country and put it's people before all others?  
Will he do his best to return this country to a sound financial state?  
Will he do his best to cut back the welfare state and get all able Americans to work?

Those are the things I care about.  Religion?  Pfffft.

View Quote

Religion, No. Faith, Yes...

Problem is if the individual in question doesn't believe in a Creator, how can they take the statement ..."endowed by their Creator certain inalienable Rights, Among them Life, Liberty & the pursuit of Happiness..."?

Of the questions you asked none were: Will they stand up & move with their hearts to bring people together under the Love & Protection of an almighty God?"

"Turn to me & I will heal your Land.

For all those that missed the last 5k years or so, take a trip into the Old Testament. Read you some Kings 1 & 2... & keep going. That's what happens to a people's that allow the Un-Godly to have Rule over them.

"To an Evil people I will give an Evil  Government."

And to those who are practicing of Sects, good luck with that... & I don't believe in Luck.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top