Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/21/2014 10:27:50 PM EDT
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2014/11/20/woody-harrelson-hunger-games-mockingjay-jennifer-lawrence/19271883/

And Harrelson himself understands Katniss' unwillingness to live by rules that are meaningless to her.

"I'm an anarchist. You've got to defy certain unnecessary rules. But there are certain very good rules around traffic that are not adhered to in this town. I'm one of the idiots breaking them," says Harrelson, who rode to this interview on his motorcycle, with his wife, Laura, sitting behind him. "For the important ones, I'm always on target. I had precious cargo in the back. That's not even funny."

I don't believe in government. In other words, I think we can all look after ourselves. You want some mechanism that controls the traffic, absolutely. But generally, what the government accomplishes, 99% of that is (expletive)," he says. "I look at government as businessmen working for bigger businessmen. There's obvious things — don't steal, the Ten Commandments. There's what we call victimless crimes. In my opinion, if you don't actually have a victim who's a human being, someone who's been hurt or their property has been hurt, there's no crime."

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:29:24 PM EDT
[#1]
He's a paranoid moranic dumbass.

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:29:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Not that this means anything, but as a point of trivia, his dad may or may not have been on the grassy knoll in Dallas on 11/22/63.

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:30:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Too much weed.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:31:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Too much weed.
View Quote

Word to ya mutha.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:40:57 PM EDT
[#5]
nothing wrong with what he said
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:41:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd sooner get munsoned than read that post.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:55:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I guess I sort of agree with some of what he said... I think.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:57:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Woody's crazier than a craphouse rat, but I'm not sure I disagree with anything he said.  I think.

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:59:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Okay.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:00:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Not that this means anything, but as a point of trivia, his dad may or may not have been on the grassy knoll in Dallas on 11/22/63.

View Quote

occupation hit man....and he was married to an Oswald at one point.....
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:01:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I wonder how much of that tune he would be singing if the system he hates fell apart and the checks stopped showing up.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:03:08 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:04:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Learn something new everyday.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:06:08 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm supposedly related to him somehow...

One of those "third cousin twice removed" kinda deals....
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:08:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:08:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

"I'm an anarchist. You've got to defy certain unnecessary rules. But there are certain very good rules around traffic that are not adhered to in this town. I'm one of the idiots breaking them," says Harrelson, who rode to this interview on his motorcycle, with his wife, Laura, sitting behind him. "For the important ones, I'm always on target. I had precious cargo in the back. That's not even funny."

View Quote

Correct.

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:11:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Parts of government become less necessary (and more in the way) every day as information flow increases. Yet the trend is for government to expand.

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:11:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I didn't read the whole article, but nothing that was posted in the OP is incorrect.  He is right that government is BS, which you would know if you've been paying attention.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:16:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

And a non-tipping piece of shit.

His dad (hitman for the mob) was imprisoned at Lebanon (Ohio) Correctional Institute for a time that co-incided with a time my sister worked for the Lebanon Frisches Big Boy (Bob's big Boy chain in southern states). It's in no way a fancy restaurant, and my sis and her co-workers were well used to being stiffed by the multi-generational Sunday-after-church family party douchebags, who would leave a Bible Tract (Chick tract, almost) as a tip, after running their legs off fetching tea refills for Grandma and cleaning up toddler spills and whatnot, but at least those pathetic skinflints could tell themselves they were trying to save all those poor pathetic waittresses' souls, but Woody? He'd show up, and the girls in the know would pawn off his table on a starstruck (we were in nowhere Ohio) newhire, who would work her ass off and be all adoring but trying to be cool, and he would treat her like shit and then stiff her on the tip.

If there were no new girls to fight for his table the waitresses would fight to NOT be who had to wait on him...the ones in-the-know wanted NOTHING to do with him, not just because he was a non-tipper, but because he was such a rude / hateful POS while they waited on him. Fuck him. That's one of my few bits of celebrity gossip.

ETA "Sunday" since the churchy douchebags limited themselves to acting out after church. Woody (and a guy in a suit...local lawyer, agent, rep...do not know) would generally be there on a weekend day. Weekends were shitty days to work the Frisches.

ETA further...this was in his "Cheers" fame days, so the new girls were expecting his goofy, sweet Cheers "Woody" persona. Boy were they surprised.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:17:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

He is spot on.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:21:36 PM EDT
[#21]
If someone is beating him up, then who is he gonna call?
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:25:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

uncanny
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:25:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bush's fault.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:28:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:28:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Thought he was anti-gun.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:29:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Looks like he can't spell asshole.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:31:43 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote

LOL

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:33:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

His dad (hitman for the mob) was imprisoned at Lebanon (Ohio) Correctional Institute for a time that co-incided with a time my sister worked for the Lebanon Frisches Big Boy (Bob's big Boy chain in southern states). It's in no way a fancy restaurant, and my sis and her co-workers were well used to being stiffed by the multi-generational Sunday-after-church family party douchebags, who would leave a Bible Tract (Chick tract, almost) as a tip, after running their legs off fetching tea refills for Grandma and cleaning up toddler spills and whatnot, but at least those pathetic skinflints could tell themselves they were trying to save all those poor pathetic waittresses' souls, but Woody? He'd show up, and the girls in the know would pawn off his table on a starstruck (we were in nowhere Ohio) newhire, who would work her ass off and be all adoring but trying to be cool, and he would treat her like shit and then stiff her on the tip.

If there were no new girls to fight for his table the waitresses would fight to NOT be who had to wait on him...the ones in-the-know wanted NOTHING to do with him, not just because he was a non-tipper, but because he was such a rude / hateful POS while they waited on him. Fuck him. That's one of my few bits of celebrity gossip.

ETA "Sunday" since the churchy douchebags limited themselves to acting out after church. Woody (and a guy in a suit...local lawyer, agent, rep...do not know) would generally be there on a weekend day. Weekends were shitty days to work the Frisches.

ETA further...this was in his "Cheers" fame days, so the new girls were expecting his goofy, sweet Cheers "Woody" persona. Boy were they surprised.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

all bad tippers are scum in my book.
Fuck you, woody
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:33:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Haahaahaaaa!
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:37:46 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:37:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Too. Much. Weed.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:38:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you hate Christians so much you had to drag them into a Woody H. thread?
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:39:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:41:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I washed dishes and my wife was a waitress/Bsrtender
Church groups are terrible tippers.  Sunday afternoon sucks hard
Right up there with blacks.
Everyone who has ever worked food service knows it
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:46:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

When seconds count, the cops are only minutes away.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:48:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't be disingenuous. I do not hate Christians at all. I was just commenting on the behavior of the large multi-generational family groups that would go to a sit-down family restaurant after church on Sundays and run the little waitresses legs off and then not tip her at all except for leaving her a "A Tip For You" Bible verse tract. You can try to derail the thread all you want, but that is (and will always be) despicable behavior in my book. You should not go to a sit-down restaurant in America (no matter how casual...those waitresses and waiters do not even get paid a minimum wage) and not expect to leave a 15 % (to 20% or more) tip.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:50:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:50:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Actually, Woody, you're an idiot.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:51:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Anarchy is bad Mkay.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:52:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. Don't call me out as some sort of person "who hates Christians" when this is what some  "Christians" do after church. You need to work on correcting this from within your church family, because it's not cool.

ETA if it applies to you or your church...if not...this may not want to be the hill you die on, because this has been happening since the '80s that I know of...
If you and your Church treat your after-Church waiters and waitresses right, good on you, but there are plenty who think that those waiters and waitresses are working for their spiritual edification. As far as I know, kids can't eat religious pamphlets, and if your own M-F employer tried to pay you with such you would be pissed.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:52:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Go easy, he wanted Twinkies but only found Snow Balls.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:53:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe they are, maybe they aren't....I don't know.  What does it have to do with Woody H.  claiming to be an anarchist?  Nothing, just a chance ot spew vile.  
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:55:09 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

To be an anarchist is to reject any and all laws and societal norms.  Woody rejects only some of them.   That doesn't make him an anarchist, it makes him too stupid to know what a real anarchist is.
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:56:11 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View Quote
+1

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:56:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Gee, another incredibly wealthy Hollywood actor turns out to be a shithead.  Color me shocked.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:59:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Typical stoner.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:01:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Maybe they are, maybe they aren't....I don't know.  What does it have to do with Woody H.  claiming to be an anarchist?  Nothing, just a chance ot spew vile.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do not "quote" me in such a way to erase my comment and then claim I am "spewing vile." WTF is wrong with you? If you can't support your argument properly then leave my comments alone.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:01:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Don't be disingenuous. I do not hate Christians at all. I was just commenting on the behavior of the large multi-generational family groups that would go to a sit-down family restaurant after church on Sundays and run the little waitresses legs off and then not tip her at all except for leaving her a "A Tip For You" Bible verse tract. You can try to derail the thread all you want, but that is (and will always be) despicable behavior in my book. You should not go to a sit-down restaurant in America (no matter how casual...those waitresses and waiters do not even get paid a minimum wage) and not expect to leave a 15 % (to 20% or more) tip.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm derailing the thread? you brought in a totally random topic and a group  in a thread about a guy who does not get what anarchy is.

Look at the words you used.  Pretty strong words for people you don't hate.  Why even bring them in the

in the tread if you don't have strong feelings about them?

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:04:58 AM EDT
[#49]
He's worth $65 million bucks too, and lives in paradise with the only people on earth he gives a fuck about.

I'm sure he'll cry himself to sleep tonight over this thread though.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:05:01 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Do not "quote" me in such a way to erase my comment and then claim I am "spewing vile." WTF is wrong with you? If you can't support your argument properly then leave my comments alone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not even qouting you or talking to you.  I didn't delete anything....kind worked up aren't you?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top