Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/21/2014 5:51:39 PM EDT
Will illegals new work permits / quasi-legal status allow them to become firemen, policemen, bank managers, teachers, etc?

ETA: Title edit.

ETA: I didn't say anything about whiteness.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 5:54:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Will illegals new work permits allow them to become firemen, policemen, teachers, etc?
View Quote

In California, they can be lawyers.  Currently.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 5:56:14 PM EDT
[#2]
That won't happen for years; they'll need to sue the shit out of all the departments for discrimination due to the application process being in English only, among other things.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:00:49 PM EDT
[#3]
the current infestation of illegal aliens will come "out of the shadows" and compete with Americans for regular retail and gov type jobs
the current under-the-table unskilled jobs will be filled by the next wave of illegal barbarians
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:03:26 PM EDT
[#4]
we got a Kenyan as president   so why not
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:05:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Jobs? What jobs?
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:07:15 PM EDT
[#6]
They can have any government job they want & so can anyone else, just as long as they aren't white.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:08:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh, you poor white victims. Tell me more about how the government is oppressing the white man.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:09:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That won't happen for years; they'll need to sue the shit out of all the departments for discrimination due to the application process being in English only, among other things.
View Quote

This will happen.

Also, most of the illegals from points further south are pretty much functionally illiterate in both English and Spanish. Many of them have (at best) an 8th grade education.
So there is that as a hurdle.

Looks like we will have to become a bi-lingual society to accommodate them.
As an aside, many kids of illegals and childhood immigrants graduated from my High School in California without having been taught a mastery of the English language. One of the vice principals was a full fledged member of La Raza and shepherded "her" kids through the system with a minimum of English exposure.

ETA: I have a few clients (extremely wealthy people) that have their children in primarily Spanish speaking schools. Thought is a complete mastery of Spanish will be a necessity to conduct business in the "New America" and they will get taught English at home. All of these families are white
FWIW. I grudgingly agree with them. Give it 2-3 generations and whites will be a distinct minority.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:13:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Under the next EO from the White House, illegal aliens will be awarded a 5 point preference for federal hiring, and if they have any disabilities they will get a 10 point preference.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:16:09 PM EDT
[#10]
A white square must be sewn onto the sleeve to identify whiteness.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:20:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:22:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Will illegals new work permits / quasi-legal status allow them to become firemen, policemen, bank managers, teachers, etc?

View Quote

I'm sure FBHO has already pushed through a dumbed-down civil service exam for his bi-lingual brethren to assure fair and equal employment in such professions.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:22:35 PM EDT
[#13]
here is why this is not going to be an issue.

Bobby the lawn care guy is paying Pablo 10.00 an hour under the table now. Bobby is NOT going to pay tax and insurance to hire him legally or he would be paying Frank to do the work. Pablo is NOT going to settle for 10.00 less tax and insurance to do the same job he was getting 10.00 straight for yesterday.
Nothing is going to change from a labor standpoint.

All that will change is more people will join the FSA and take money and befits from what we already contribute.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:23:30 PM EDT
[#14]
As long as it doesn't involve reading, writing or anything more than basic math, then yeah, they can be a lawyer.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:24:08 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Will illegal immigrants now be able to take middle class jobs?
View Quote

... Sure, if they have the skill-sets - why not?

Don't you strive to continuously improve yours?

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:24:13 PM EDT
[#16]
No, they will just stress our welfare roles and public services. Illiterate, uneducated people with no desire to better themselves do not succeed.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:24:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Oh, you poor white victims. Tell me more about how the government is oppressing the white man.
View Quote

I laughed.
GTFO. Racist.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:34:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I laughed.
GTFO. Racist.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I laughed.
GTFO. Racist.

I'm all white, so it's alright. I just think it's hilarious that white people complain about discrimination that clearly isn't there.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:35:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

ETA: I didn't say anything about whiteness.
View Quote

They won't take anything.  All will be handed to them.

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:37:48 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I'm all white, so it's alright. I just think it's hilarious about how white people complain about discrimination that clearly isn't there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I laughed.

GTFO. Racist.

I'm all white, so it's alright. I just think it's hilarious about how white people complain about discrimination that clearly isn't there.
Lol. I know guys that have been told that they can't work for tree companies and concrete finishers because they are not fluent in Spanish. They are journey level skilled professionals.

Wheres the accommodation for the Gringo?

Thats the definition of discrimination.

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:41:04 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote
You haven't been flushed yet, AbsolutelyCaCa?

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:41:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I'm all white, so it's alright. I just think it's hilarious that white people complain about discrimination that clearly isn't there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I laughed.
GTFO. Racist.

Really?  Try applying for a government job.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:42:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Lol. I know guys that have been told that they can't work for tree companies and concrete finishers because they are not fluent in Spanish. They are journey level skilled professionals.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I laughed.
GTFO. Racist.

Not really. It makes complete sense if many of the other workers are Spanish speaking. That's a skill, so it's not racial discrimination.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:43:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why don't you tell us how the government is oppressing minorities?
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:44:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Pull up today's WSJ for an article on this very thing. It breaks down what happened after Reagan's amnesty and the percentages of immigrants that stayed in each field and how their income changed. It was a good read.

In short, better get your shit together and make yourself valuable to your current employer.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:45:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I laughed.
GTFO. Racist.

Or competing against a minority owned company for a government contract.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:45:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not an argument I want to get into. It happens, but not as much as the social justice crusaders claim.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:47:40 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

here is why this is not going to be an issue.

Bobby the lawn care guy is paying Pablo 10.00 an hour under the table now. Bobby is NOT going to pay tax and insurance to hire him legally or he would be paying Frank to do the work. Pablo is NOT going to settle for 10.00 less tax and insurance to do the same job he was getting 10.00 straight for yesterday.

Nothing is going to change from a labor standpoint.

All that will change is more people will join the FSA and take money and befits from what we already contribute.
View Quote
This is what I anticipate happening.  Pablo will continue to work under the table, and now be eligible for FSA bennies.

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:49:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Not really. It makes complete sense if many of the other workers are Spanish speaking. That's a skill, so it's not racial discrimination.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I laughed.
GTFO. Racist.

Um, no. They are working in America. They can learn to speak and understand English as well as retain as much of their heritage and language as they like, but they should speak and understand enough English to function on the job.

I learned Spanish as a second language for fun, and found it helps in my job as well as in my travels, but this is still an English speaking country.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:53:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I laughed.
GTFO. Racist.

You doing a good job of it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:55:11 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I laughed.

GTFO. Racist.

So its OK to NOT hire the white guy because he doesn't speak spanish even though they can run rings around the illegals?

What about fairness and equality that your side keeps spewing?

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:55:48 PM EDT
[#32]
They're going to take middle class kids' first jobs. You know, mowing the greens at a golf course, stocking shelves at the supermarket. Don't bother yelling at your 17 year old to get a job next summer because no one will even consider them.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:55:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Obama care will rid us of the middle class
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:00:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:02:39 PM EDT
[#35]
they wont be coming out of the shadows.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:02:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I laughed.
GTFO. Racist.

Then the inverse should be true as well.  Can't speak/write English then GTFO.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:06:17 PM EDT
[#37]
No American without a college degree will be able to get any job for the indefinite future. The jobs will go to the thirty million illegal aliens turned democrat voters.

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:06:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
they wont be coming out of the shadows.
View Quote

Because the next President will just be able to reverse this decision and then round them all up if they were foolish enough to register themselves?
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:08:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
No American without a college degree will be able to get any job for the indefinite future. The jobs will go to the thirty million illegal aliens turned democrat voters.  
View Quote

BUT illegals are already allowed to attend colleges - in some places at "in-state" tuition rates.

"Currently, at least 18 states have provisions allowing for in-state tuition rates for undocumented students.  Sixteen states—California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Kansas, Maryland, Minnesota, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Texas, Utah and Washington—extend in-state tuition rates to undocumented students through state legislation. Two states—Oklahoma and Rhode Island—allow in-state tuition rates to undocumented students through Board of Regents decisions."

Once they can check that box "Are you legally allowed to work in the United States?" there will be nothing to stop them.

Man, talk about "you didn't build that."
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:10:38 PM EDT
[#40]
I bet that they can even be president.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:10:46 PM EDT
[#41]
I'd be far more receptive to this if I thought this wasn't all about the demo party and votes, but there is no doubt in my mind that this is purely for that reason. This administration , every fucking one of them should be in jail.  They continue to destroy the constitution and continue to get away with it. That bullshit obama makes me sick. They're an embarrassment to society and they've succeeded in weakening our country from  first a military standpoint and economics due to spending and addidtional handouts. We've become a country that is not feared as the power house we were , but now we are laughed at .
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:12:09 PM EDT
[#42]
They already have.

When I was a kid (In the Los Angeles area 1960's and '70's) AA's pretty much did all of the concrete work

around there.  They took a long time, did killer work (That lasted decades) and seemed to be proud about

it.

Today?  You get a gang of "illegals" who do the same work in hours and 5yrs later(?).....yard sale.

I'm just amazed that Americans Of African Descent still support that POS in the WH (Or the DNC).

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:15:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I laughed.
GTFO. Racist.

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:15:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
They already have.

When I was a kid (In the Los Angeles area 1960's and '70's) AA's pretty much did all of the concrete work
around there.  They took a long time, did killer work (That lasted decades) and seemed to be proud about
it.

Today?  You get a gang of "illegals" who do the same work in hours and 5yrs later(?).....yard sale.

I'm just amazed that Americans Of African Descent still support that POS in the WH (Or the DNC).

View Quote

What reason would they have to not support him?
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:18:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They already have.

it.

Because the Black unemployment rate is still 12% and he just legitimized their competition for jobs?
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:19:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Because the Black unemployment rate is still 12% and he just legitimized their competition for jobs?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They already have.

it.

You assume they want to work?
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:22:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Expect a massive flood of welfare and unemployment claims. EBT will be the new platinum card.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:22:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They already have.

it.

Not necessarily but I DO assume they blame other people for their problems.  
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:25:37 PM EDT
[#49]

Not necessarily but I DO assume they blame other people for their problems.  
View Quote

Whitey is much more fun to blame .
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:29:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Affirmative Action, it has kept me out of government employment all my life.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top