Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

When in last hundred years have non-whites identified themselves as being politically-conservative in close to the same proportions as whites?

Have they EVER?

What did the two rounds of Amnesty-for-Illegals that Reagan and GHWBush granted get the Republicans? 60-75% rejection on election day, that's what.

Even "Jorge" W. Bush, probably the most Hispanic-friendly Republican President in a century only got about 40% of the Hispanic vote in 2004.

Face it, Democrats "support" non-whites in the way that the vast majority of non-whites want it - not with words, but with WELFARE. And lots of it.

Ummm... Hispanics are white.  

Yet your opening post kept calling them everything under the sun including Asian.  

Make up your mind kid!
Trying to tell you that not all Hispanics are short brown people.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:22:29 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Practically all my friends are Hispanic as are 90% of my co-workers.

One of my best friends is black.

Another friend is Chinese but from Taiwan. He says there's a difference. I believe'im

I'm color blind.

However,  I WANT ALL IMMIGRATION TO STOP at least for awhile.

That would be better for everyone except those that depend on cheap labor.

Some don't like that........'don't care.

99% of the immigrants coming here from any country have no interest in the gun issue.

They're trying to make a buck.

Which doesn't bode well for the gun issue here........

FWIW

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That part was directed at the former Puerto Rican gentleman ranting about Hispanic inequality.

If you had read more and jumped less and used a little wisdom yourself ........you might've figured that out.

Brown=Mexican.

Do you even taco, bro?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Another friend is Chinese but from Taiwan. He says there's a difference. I believe'im

I'm color blind.

99% of the immigrants coming here from any country have no interest in the gun issue.

FWIW

Nice try.  Go back to DU, you moby.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:24:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:35:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
When in last hundred years have non-whites identified themselves as being politically-conservative in close to the same proportions as whites?
Have they EVER?
What did the two rounds of Amnesty-for-Illegals that Reagan and GHWBush granted get the Republicans? 60-75% rejection on election day, that's what.
Even "Jorge" W. Bush, probably the most Hispanic-friendly Republican President in a century only got about 40% of the Hispanic vote in 2004.
Face it, Democrats "support" non-whites in the way that the vast majority of non-whites want it - not with words, but with WELFARE. And lots of it.

Yet your opening post kept calling them everything under the sun including Asian.  

Make up your mind kid!

Whoever said they WERE all "short brown people"??!
Oh yeah, I remember - it was that strawman you propped up in your opening post.
Point is you started your immature little rant here by going off about how people here are supposedly lamenting that "America will no longer be white" - and then you went on to tell us that Hispanics actually ARE white... and then you tried to back it up with link which states that only about HALF of all Hispanics identify themselves as white.

Well there are a LOT of Hispanic "community leaders" who spent their lives badmouthing "white America" and rejoicing at the decline of "white America" especially in the SW USA.

Seriously though - you seem very angry, very confused and very immature.
Glad to hell you're not a JBT in MY city. I don't think you last long with that kind of attitude.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:43:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
So, you are expecting the "inbred" and "dumb bitch" DMV employee to be a mind reader now?

Your wife probably SOUNDED like the type of customer that typically does have a green card.  Should the bored bureaucrat have asked, rather than assuming?  Sure.  It is some horrible and egregious example of stereotyping that someone should be outraged over.  Fuck no.  
People make mistaken (stereotypical) assumptions about me all the time - usually based on how I dress. It doesn't bother me at all.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

My wife when she renewed her driver's license after we moved up to North Florida was asked by the lady across the counter for her green card. What the fuck.... My wife was born in San Juan Puerto Rico and is 100% American. Yet some inbred bitch from North Florida-Southern Georgia made that fucking remark. When I worked retail or now as a cop I never make comments like that to folks.

Why did the lady ask that? Because my wife has a heavy spanish accent and of course our names are hispanic. So the dumb bitch assumed automatically that we had green cards and weren't citizens.

So you admit that your wife SOUNDS like a foreigner, and yet you are all bent out of shape - to the point that you feel the need to call someone "dumb bitch" and "inbred" - for thinking she might be a foreigner?

Seems like a bit of an over-reaction.  
Yet she was born in Part of the USA that has been American since 1898.  

So, you are expecting the "inbred" and "dumb bitch" DMV employee to be a mind reader now?

Your wife probably SOUNDED like the type of customer that typically does have a green card.  Should the bored bureaucrat have asked, rather than assuming?  Sure.  It is some horrible and egregious example of stereotyping that someone should be outraged over.  Fuck no.  
People make mistaken (stereotypical) assumptions about me all the time - usually based on how I dress. It doesn't bother me at all.

Disagree entirely. If anyone in my family, or someone I grew up with were asked for our green card, the immediate response would be, "EXCUSE ME??? What was that?"! That would be akin to asking a young black mother at the grocery check out for her EBT card, because she probably SOUNDED like the type of customer that typically does have an EBT card.

My mother and her entirely family emigrated from Mexico to the U.S., legally, and not one person in our family would shrug off being asked for a green card as a non-event. That's utterly ridiculous.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:43:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I see all this threads in which folks say "Woe is me, America will no longer be white!"

First off, the majority of hispanics arcoss the globe are white. Latinos are White, Black, and Asian.

Secondly, this shit is what drives the majority of immigrants into the Democrats. You all claim to be GOP Republicans but you say this stupid shit! If I were a recent immigrant and heard all this shit I'd form the opinion that the GOP is the Party of Evil Rich Non Hispanic White European Descendants.

Arfcom was founded by hispanics you idiots!

God Damn closet 88ers! Instead of embracing new culture and people you shun it away. Guess what... 150 years ago all you Irish, German, Swedish, Russian Polish, Italian, and Norwegians were the bottom of the immigrant pile and shunned too. But oh, Polish American is part of American culture since my Great x5 Grand Daddy was from the Old Country.

The same shit is happening now with Hispanics.... Hispanics are part of America since the start jackasses. As for fuck spanish, learn english. Tell that to Puerto Rico... you know. Part of the USA. Hell, tell that to Alaskan Natives and folks living in Guam.

Oh, one last thing. We aren't all the fucking same. Cubans aren't Mexicans, Mexicans aren't Argentinians, Argentinians aren't Spaniards, etc... we all fucking hate each other.
View Quote

[removed - warning issued - Paul] We are talking about people that trespassed and could not be bothered to follow the legal process to become US citizens like other immigrants and its the big mean evil conservatives that are being racists?  
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:48:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What the fuck dumbass.  We are talking about people that trespassed and could not be bothered to follow the legal process to become US citizens like other immigrants and its the big mean evil conservatives that are being racists?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I see all this threads in which folks say "Woe is me, America will no longer be white!"

First off, the majority of hispanics arcoss the globe are white. Latinos are White, Black, and Asian.

Secondly, this shit is what drives the majority of immigrants into the Democrats. You all claim to be GOP Republicans but you say this stupid shit! If I were a recent immigrant and heard all this shit I'd form the opinion that the GOP is the Party of Evil Rich Non Hispanic White European Descendants.

Arfcom was founded by hispanics you idiots!

God Damn closet 88ers! Instead of embracing new culture and people you shun it away. Guess what... 150 years ago all you Irish, German, Swedish, Russian Polish, Italian, and Norwegians were the bottom of the immigrant pile and shunned too. But oh, Polish American is part of American culture since my Great x5 Grand Daddy was from the Old Country.

The same shit is happening now with Hispanics.... Hispanics are part of America since the start jackasses. As for fuck spanish, learn english. Tell that to Puerto Rico... you know. Part of the USA. Hell, tell that to Alaskan Natives and folks living in Guam.

Oh, one last thing. We aren't all the fucking same. Cubans aren't Mexicans, Mexicans aren't Argentinians, Argentinians aren't Spaniards, etc... we all fucking hate each other.

What the fuck dumbass.  We are talking about people that trespassed and could not be bothered to follow the legal process to become US citizens like other immigrants and its the big mean evil conservatives that are being racists?  

You meant Legal Resident Alien. There is no requirement to became a citizen.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:52:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<snip>

No one could possibly want a moratorium on immigration without being a DU plant.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:54:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My wife when she renewed her driver's license after we moved up to North Florida was asked by the lady across the counter for her green card. What the fuck.... My wife was born in San Juan Puerto Rico and is 100% American. Yet some inbred bitch from North Florida-Southern Georgia made that fucking remark. When I worked retail or now as a cop I never make comments like that to folks.

Why did the lady ask that? Because my wife has a heavy spanish accent and of course our names are hispanic. So the dumb bitch assumed automatically that we had green cards and weren't citizens.

So you admit that your wife SOUNDS like a foreigner, and yet you are all bent out of shape - to the point that you feel the need to call someone "dumb bitch" and "inbred" - for thinking she might be a foreigner?

Disagree entirely. If anyone in my family, or someone I grew up with were asked for our green card, the immediate response would be, "EXCUSE ME??? What was that?"! That would be akin to asking a young black mother at the grocery check out for her EBT card, because she probably SOUNDED like the type of customer that typically does have an EBT card.

My mother and her entirely family emigrated from Mexico to the U.S., legally, and not one person in our family would shrug off being asked for a green card as a non-event. That's utterly ridiculous.

Thank You

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:55:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That part was directed at the former Puerto Rican gentleman ranting about Hispanic inequality.

If you had read more and jumped less and used a little wisdom yourself ........you might've figured that out.

Brown=Mexican.

Do you even taco, bro?

I'm color blind.

FWIW

I have no idea what you're talking about and I don't think you know either.....

If you have enough brain cells to string more than a few words together and make a sentence......

I'm waiting.....
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:59:27 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Make up your mind kid!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have they EVER?

Make up your mind kid!

Point is you started your immature little rant here by going off about how people here are supposedly lamenting that "America will no longer be white" - and then you went on to tell us that Hispanics actually ARE white... and then you tried to back it up with link which states that only about HALF of all Hispanics identify themselves as white.

Well there are a LOT of Hispanic "community leaders" who spent their lives badmouthing "white America" and rejoicing at the decline of "white America" especially in the SW USA.

Seriously though - you seem very angry, very confused and very immature.

Glad to hell you're not a JBT in MY city. I don't think you last long with that kind of attitude.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1687686_Baby_Boom_by_Hispanic__Asian__Black__Will_Make_Whites_the_Minority_by_2050.html&page=1#i50442100

Yeah.  Good thing there's not a sentiment like that here and you've never posted in agreement with it.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:02:21 AM EDT
[#12]
I googled PILLOW FIGHT and got a link to this thread
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:02:47 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

If you have enough brain cells to string more than a few words together and make a sentence......

I'm waiting.....

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Brown=Mexican.

Do you even taco, bro?

I'm color blind.

FWIW

I'm waiting.....

We've been assured that opposition to legal immigration is nothing but a leftist strawman.  Therefore, you must be a leftist pretending to be a conservative because you oppose legal immigration.  

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:03:22 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

What the fuck ever dude.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:04:39 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

What about the Irish?
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:05:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

No one could possibly want a moratorium on immigration without being a DU plant.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
<snip>

Hopefully that's sarcasm at Mr.  "Mullah"  above.....
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:07:15 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote

You're wasting time, if you hurry, you can double your post count by end of the year.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:08:15 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

<snip>

How many times have people posted in this thread that nobody has a problem with legal immigrants and those who mention it are just leftists making shit up?

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:27:31 AM EDT
[#19]

I'm waiting.....
We've been assured that opposition to legal immigration is nothing but a leftist strawman.
View All Quotes
We've been assured that opposition to legal immigration is nothing but a leftist strawman.

What's this we shit? Who's "we". Whoever said that is dummer than a box of rocks. Or maybe they're throwing any off the wall  shit they can to split the party, create havoc, who the fuck knows.  

Therefore, you must be a leftist pretending to be a conservative because you oppose legal immigration.

That analogy, or maybe conclusion is a better word,   is dummer than the one above it.  

So you're saying Demoncrats oppose legal immigration.

But are in favor of illegal immigration.......

Hey I'm trying to be gentle here.......

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:37:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You're wasting time, if you hurry, you can double your post count by end of the year.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

you should call a mod and shout your concerns about me down the phone
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:38:26 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I'm waiting.....

What's this we shit? Who's "we". Whoever said that is dummer than a box of rocks. Or maybe they're throwing any off the wall  shit they can to split the party, create havoc, who the fuck knows.  
That analogy, or maybe conclusion is a better word,   is dummer than the one above it.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'm waiting.....

Therefore, you must be a leftist pretending to be a conservative because you oppose legal immigration.

Holy fucking shit.  There's no analogy.  I'm being facetious using rather obvious literary irony.  But missing such obvious shit like that is exactly what I should have expected for someone arguing what you are.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:38:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
How many times have people posted in this thread that nobody has a problem with legal immigrants and those who mention it are just leftists making shit up?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
<snip>

I haven't seen the part in red argued in this thread, though it wouldn't surprise me if it were
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:42:04 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't have to, you joined this year and have nearly 3,000 posts, that alone is suspect.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:44:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Blahblah blah. But one thing is certain Mexicans are family oriented, God fearing, hard working, conservative people and we need their help in order to defeat liberal/ progressive movement.
I'm pretty sure they will not like the idea of registration that is proposed by obama.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:48:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Holy fucking shit.  There's no analogy.  I'm being facetious using rather obvious literary irony.  But missing such obvious shit like that is exactly what I should have expected for someone arguing what you are.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm waiting.....

I wasn't the only one that missed your "obvious literary irony'.......if that's what it was.

So what was  I arguin'  that pissed you off........

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:55:08 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Blahblah blah. But one thing is certain Mexicans are family oriented, God fearing, hard working, conservative people and we need their help in order to defeat liberal/ progressive movement.

I'm pretty sure they will not like the idea of registration that is proposed by obama.

He's correct generally speaking, they tend to be religious and family centered which positions them in line with the Catholic church against issues such as abortion. A reasonable person would understand he did not mean they are fiscal conservatives and mainly republican. Be serious.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:57:33 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's not being used, like you think it's being used....

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:04:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
<snip>

The shit in red is "obvious literary irony".......

I missed that entirely.......Ya got me on that one..........ya got the dad........
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:05:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh well. Dipshits abound. Congrats on learning one of America's underlying principals.

I've been asked if I am from the Middle East quite a few times (by TSA, job interview, casual acquaintances), my thought wasn't "RAWR JOHNBASEDOW RAWR IMMA VOTE ME SOME FREE SHIT!!" it was "Holy shit, you're a fucking retard." Said it aloud in an airport and walked out of a job interview.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:08:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Charlie Sheen Carlos Estevez - White Hispanic
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:14:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:21:09 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Charlie Sheen Carlos Estevez - White Hispanic

My grandfather was from Jalisco, Mexico and his DNA results were Western European with more Jewish and "white" matches than Mexican.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:55:14 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was raised better.

So should I go to a black southern woman and demand here EBT card when she is at the register to pay for her goods?

Should I not be offended that someone made an insulting amd derogatory remark towards my wife? The one I am to live and hold, honor and defend?

If someone insulted your wife, no matter how little it seems to everyone else. Wouldn't you get pissed off at the fucker that did so?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:01:30 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I was raised better.    

View All Quotes
Quoted:

snip

I was raised better.    

So should I go to a black southern woman and demand here EBT card when she is at the register to pay for her goods?

Should I not be offended that someone made an insulting amd derogatory remark towards my wife? The one I am to live and hold, honor and defend?

If someone insulted your wife, no matter how little it seems to everyone else. Wouldn't you get pissed off at the fucker that did so?
LOL.... so wait...
What EXACTLY did the lady say that was insulting?   Or did she simply ask if there was a green card, in an area that probably has a lot of non-immigrant aliens?

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:35:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Your family needs to lighten up. My wife's family jokes about being dragged out by "la migra", that nobody can call them wetbacks because none of them can swim, joke about marrying white guys "to breed the bean out", and constantly harrass my MIL for butchering the English language. They even joke about piling 9 of them into a Pinto to drive to Nicaragua (true story).

Carne Asada.....yummm.

Stop looking for reasons to be offended.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 7:01:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Can we petition to have his name changed to Miami_SJW?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:05:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Cool another white guilt "anti-racist" thread.
Let me know when Hispanics start condemning La Raza (The Race).

Nah, they don't see themselves as a separate race...nope. And I'm sure the mainstream Hispanic population will start condeming the race hate group La Raza (the race) anytime now.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:09:03 AM EDT
[#38]
If anyone wants or receives special treatment or recognition (good or bad) due to their skin color, race or "ethnicity" that is wrong.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:32:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:50:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:50:50 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Don't go looking to be offended. The big chip on your shoulder is clear evidence.

Where's the insult in being born in another country? My wife owns her green (pink) card with pride and is not insulted or offended to have been born in her native country, qualified for legal immigration, and maintaining her foreign citizenship. Not an insult at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:If someone insulted your wife, no matter how little it seems to everyone else. Wouldn't you get pissed off at the fucker that did so?

Don't go looking to be offended. The big chip on your shoulder is clear evidence.

Where's the insult in being born in another country? My wife owns her green (pink) card with pride and is not insulted or offended to have been born in her native country, qualified for legal immigration, and maintaining her foreign citizenship. Not an insult at all.
I understand your wife's opinion because she earned her Residency. Good for her....

But is it still proper decorum for me to approach a southern black woman and ask for her EBT Card? I mean she sounds like the type of person that has one.

My Wife is more American than I am. Hell, her family has been part of the USA since 1898. Puerto Rico is part of the USA yet folks continue to act as if it is a foreign country. Hell, some of the very responses in the thread show that.

Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, US Virgin Islands, and the Northern Mariana Islands are all US Territories. I know folks from all of those areas and trust me.... some get pissed when they are lumped in with illegals because they have a funny foreign accent.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:51:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:56:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:59:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:04:58 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
He's correct generally speaking, they tend to be religious and family centered which positions them in line with the Catholic church against issues such as abortion. A reasonable person would understand he did not mean they are fiscal conservatives and mainly republican. Be serious.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is a great myth about Hispanics and their "conservative" family-values.

When it comes to teenage sex and abortion, Hispanic teens have a teen-pregnancy and teen birth rate that is almost TRIPLE that of non-hispanic whites, and a teen-abortion rate that is more than double that of non-hispanic whites.

Hispanics make up about 14% of the population, yet constitute almost 50% of gang members, compared to non-hispanic whites who constitute about 62% of the population but only about 20% of gang members. And it isn't "poverty" causing this because Hispanic poverty rate is about 2.5x that of whites while Hispanic gang-affiliation rate is over 11x that of whites.

And when it comes to domestic violence, Hispanic couples are two to three times more likely to report male-to-female and female-to-male partner violence than white couples, even after statistically controlling for socio-demographic and psychosocial variables, including alcohol consumption.

There's a cultural chasm between "Hispanic culture" and "non-Hispanic white" culture in America, and that is also reflected politically as we all know that Hispanics vote overwhelmingly for the Leftist Socialist candidate over the Conservative candidate by a 3-to-1 or more margin in election after election.

Seems to me that the high pre-marital teen-sex, abortion, gang-affiliation and domestic violence rates aren't "in line with the Catholic Church".

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:10:54 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I think I've identified the issue.
You think it's INSULTING that someone mistakenly thought your wife was a foreigner, and not a US citizen, because she sounded like she might have been a foreigner.
I completely agree (as I stated) that the DMV person should have asked, and not assumed.  That was a MISTAKE  on her part.
But insulting?  Why?
Explain that to me please.
If people insult my wife, of course I'd get angry.  But when people make a (possibly) understandable mistake, I don't find it insulting.  A few years ago, when my wife and I were flying, the stewardess mistook my wife for Paula Dean.  It was funny, not insulting.
About ten years ago, a dean at my university mistook me for a homeless person.  It was funny, not insulting.
At a very upscale doctor's office (where I was for an expensive procedure) I was mistaken for someone there to fix the pluming, instead of a patient.  Again, funny - not insulting.
Could you explain to me why being mistaken for a foreigner is such a terrible insult.  I am very interested, because I am a foreigner, and I'd like to know why being me is such a horrible and awful thing that it's insulting to suggest your wife might be someone like me.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was raised better.    

I think I've identified the issue.
You think it's INSULTING that someone mistakenly thought your wife was a foreigner, and not a US citizen, because she sounded like she might have been a foreigner.
I completely agree (as I stated) that the DMV person should have asked, and not assumed.  That was a MISTAKE  on her part.
But insulting?  Why?
Explain that to me please.
If people insult my wife, of course I'd get angry.  But when people make a (possibly) understandable mistake, I don't find it insulting.  A few years ago, when my wife and I were flying, the stewardess mistook my wife for Paula Dean.  It was funny, not insulting.
About ten years ago, a dean at my university mistook me for a homeless person.  It was funny, not insulting.
At a very upscale doctor's office (where I was for an expensive procedure) I was mistaken for someone there to fix the pluming, instead of a patient.  Again, funny - not insulting.
Could you explain to me why being mistaken for a foreigner is such a terrible insult.  I am very interested, because I am a foreigner, and I'd like to know why being me is such a horrible and awful thing that it's insulting to suggest your wife might be someone like me.  

Because in the area that I live in right now the connotation that someone has a green card is an insult for an illegal alien that is uneducated and onky useful for picking tomoatoes. Someone that is stealing welfare and resources from the community. Someone that sits down and pops out rotten crotch fruit.

My wife was very angered that day. Hell, where we live we get looks and have certain comments made to us from certain people simply because we're mixed race marriage. She's black and I'm white. Both sides.of the aisle do it too. Southern Blacks and Southern White.

My wife busted her as to get to where she is. She is a top account for the State and worked very hard for what she has. Never have we taken a red cent in any form of public funds. Yet here the mention of Green Card is an insult especially to the local immigrant population because it is said with malicious intent much like another classic southern term. "Bless Your Heart". Hell, here on ARFCOM a lot of people use the term Amish as a jab at Blacks. Sorry but I find that insulting.

I guess being raised in Miami is different then. I learned at an early age being American isn't about accent, race, former nationality, language that is spoken, etc... it is about taking part of the American Dream. Being in a country in which one can do as they please without fear. Run their own business, be able to study any field of interest, have their own opinions, raise a family, hold on to traditions and values all the while merging it with new ones, and contributing to what makes America great.

I grew up knowing folks from all across the globe. I listened and learned of their successes and what America means for them. Some of them never learned English but love this country and became very successful and I can understand why. It isn't an easy language to learn, especially for an older adult. I learned it as a child and was helped by my parents.

My father came to the US in 1961 when he was eight. Engilsh for him is a secone language but damn if he didn't try. He became a very well respected Homicide Detective in Miami. If you talk to him you'd think he was an extra from Scarface.

My Grandfather didn't speak a word of English up to the day he died. Doesn't mean he didn't understand it. He built a very successful clothing business in Miami.

Since my family moved to the USA, we've been in every conflict since Vietnam. We've contributed every way we csn to society as cops, fire fighters, business owners, teachers, local elected officials, lawyers, and judges. We have voted as many conservative people into office as possible. We have also shown a lot of new immigrants that the Republican Party is the right choice even when public perception is that they hate immigrants.

I know many families that own stores, gas stations, restaurants, service businesses, mechanic shops, etc... that all did it through their hard work, sweat, blood, tears, and effort. Yet they still speak the old tongue, celebrate the old world holidays, and are pretty much not "Americanized" as some here would want. But they sure as hell love this country and thank God everyday for being able to be here.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:17:10 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1687686_Baby_Boom_by_Hispanic__Asian__Black__Will_Make_Whites_the_Minority_by_2050.html&page=1#i50442100

Yeah.  Good thing there's not a sentiment like that here and you've never posted in agreement with it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How in the world did you ever get the idea that anything in that thread you posted means that "All Hispanics are short brown people" being said in THIS thread???

Wow.

Does your back hurt from reaching backwards so far?

FOCUS! FOCUS! FOCUS!

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:21:48 AM EDT
[#48]
I read page one an OP's post, skipped to page 9 for the train wreck (like reading the last chapter of a poorly writtn novel to see if the middle 187 pages are worth my time, in this case the answer is no)

Sorry OP hate to burst your bubble, I have worked all over the world with many different cultures and there is a reason for this saying;

Black is beautiful!

Tan is grand!

But White is the color of the big boss man!

Side note: currently working in Saudi Arabia cause they don't have anybody here that can do what I do, they know, I know it, they hate it, but pay me whatever I ask for because of the above.  My relatives migrated to the US legally to escape Nazi Germany by the way.  They learned English too because there was not a press#1 for Spanish #2 for English back in the day.  Get over yourself.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:26:53 AM EDT
[#49]
OP has a long history of hating North Florida residents who are white.  You just gotta find someone to hate, don't you.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:45:26 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

OP has a long history of hating North Florida residents who are white.  You just gotta find someone to hate, don't you.

View Quote
So then my best friends up here are folks I hate? One has been a area native since his family had a farm in the Cario, GA area before the civil war. Another is a fun Good Ole Boy from Pensacola. I love North Florida and the history that it has. I love that the Capitol Court Yard is the same place were in 1865 the Union Army stood. I love that I can visit Natural Bridge and see where Florida turned away a Union invasion force with a ragtag militia from what turned into FSU. I love culture in the area, especially Perry since that is honest good southern hospitality. My current partner at work is from there and damn... he sure can BBQ. North Florida has it's quirks but as a South Florida guy, sure I poke at it. Just like my North Florida friends poke at South Florida.

I sure as hell won't see a guy on a street corner in Leon County sell churros like I do in Miami. Or that Tallahassee doesn't have a strip of sex motels like 8th Street in Miami. But I also sure as hell won't see a proper corner store selling boiled peanuts in Miami. Or attend a proper tail gating like the ones done at FSU. I could never dream of the hunting and target shooting that I can do up in North Florida to ever happen in South Florida.

I miss certain things from down south but damn do I like certain things up here.

Now, what I hate is the bigoted opinion that some in the area have. That is the shit that I hate.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top