BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 5:15:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Take it off the property. Inside the store it's a dick move.

ETA: This is really basic man code sort of stuff. It's an indication about fucked up we've become as a society that we have to discuss this sort of thing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And that is your right to do so but that isn't what went down with his story either. He mentioned the person already rejected the offer, on grounds of price, and was leaving. If he had budded in, mid negotiation and done as you're stating, yeah I'd argue that is a massive dick move.

But you act as if the guy "will" come back and actually purchase the item and the higher price. There is no guarantee to that and you cannot act like it will happen, even if you have seen occurrences of it. The second the customer rejected the offer, and was leaving, there was no more "potential" of sale. You can argue it all you want though.

ETA: This is really basic man code sort of stuff. It's an indication about fucked up we've become as a society that we have to discuss this sort of thing.

Others will argue it is basic man code to not let your buddies get ripped off.

So long as the tipping of information is after the rejected offer, and in a volume that no one else can hear/know what is going on, I have no issues with it. Not a breach of any "man code" I've ever heard of, at that point, either. Injecting yourself in, during negotiations, as you're describing definitely is though.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 5:19:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

He's like a hog on ice. Whenever you get close to penning him down, he slips away by changing the story . . . I guess he thought everyone would think he was a hero for saving the poor customer from the bad man with the high prices. If the store he was in sucks so bad I wonder why he goes there in the first place.
View Quote

Comrade, please show where I have changed any part of my story.  

Its a PX, so it's like a Walmart.  I can't remember why I went there originally.  I went to the gun counter and saw had a 10/22 for $198, that's why I was filling out the 4473.  I bought a gun because of the good price.  Their price on the Shield sucked, and that is why they didn't sell one to the guy who had walked away from the gun counter.  

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 5:20:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

So long as the tipping of information is after the rejected offer, and in a volume that no one else can hear/know what is going on, I have no issues with it. Not a breach of any "man code" I've ever heard of, at that point, either. Injecting yourself in, during negotiations, as you're describing definitely is though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And that is your right to do so but that isn't what went down with his story either. He mentioned the person already rejected the offer, on grounds of price, and was leaving. If he had budded in, mid negotiation and done as you're stating, yeah I'd argue that is a massive dick move.

But you act as if the guy "will" come back and actually purchase the item and the higher price. There is no guarantee to that and you cannot act like it will happen, even if you have seen occurrences of it. The second the customer rejected the offer, and was leaving, there was no more "potential" of sale. You can argue it all you want though.

Apparently his negotiating tactic is to drive away customers with high prices in the hopes maybe they might return and possibly buy something.

But seriously, if the guy wasn't willing to pay your price, and was leaving because of your price, how is it STEALING to inform him of a place with a price he might be willing to pay? I bet he figures pointing your finger is the same as brandishing a gun as well.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 5:23:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Have a older couple come in looking for shotguns
Man's son had convinced him he needed a 3.5" gun for goose and I was happy to oblige

While he was looking at the various models I laid out for him
another gentleman came in saying he had heard we have a Barrett M107 in Tan
I place it on the counter and the couple looking at shotguns look like this

A few minutes later and I am bouncing back and forth between the two
Another gentleman comes in wanting a mini-14 while he looks at a new mini he states he wants an AR but cannot afford one
I show him a Patrolman's Carbine he sees that it is less than the Mini and decides to buy it
again the couple looks like

About that time guy figures he needs the M107 and we start paperwork for that also
couple still being kinda frowny but still looking at shotguns

While shotgun couple are still handling a few shotguns and the other 2 guys are doing 4473s
A older gentleman with a cane comes walking in asks about a Glock 42 , after a minute he asks if we take trades

I answered yes and he said well i have a Glock 27 but it is on me and I did not want to whip it out
( normally our policy on this is to send them out to their vehicle to clear the weapon so if they have a AD its not our problem , customers , property , employees etc I'm sure some here in GD will have some sort of problem with that)
This guy is old and has a cane plus parking lot is still icy in spots I wasn't gonna send him outside , So I asked him if he could lay it safely on the counter and allow me to clear it , which I did

At this point shotgun guy looked like this  shotgun wife was looking and acting like this http://i58.tinypic.com/qzja7p.jpg

they then stormed out after he exclaimed  " Don't anyone buy real guns for hunting like a normal person anymore ?"

so pretty much a normal afternoon with a dash of Fudd drama

View Quote

No you hicktarded cunt normal people don't hunt. The vast majority of gun owners have never killed an animal. I don't own a fuckin AK to shoot bambi with and I don't own an 1100 to cap ducks with either. They are for target shooting, and capping trashy shit bags, and to qoute krusty the fucking clown to keep the king of england outta my fucking face. in short fuck you very much now get the fuck out and go vote democrat, whore.

*not calling OP a hicktarded cunt I'm calling the hicktard cunt in the story that.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 5:25:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

We're not discussing negotiations between a customer and a store owner. We're discussing one "customer" interfering with the negotiations between another customer and a store owner. So, yeah, if I'm working a deal with a customer and you bud in to tell him what some online seller is charging, I will politely request that  you leave my store.

As a store owner, I have to accept that other stores are selling the same products that I sell and that their prices may be lower than mine. That's cool. What I will not accept is somebody who is not involved in a transaction trying to interfere with the transaction.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because with the advant of technology, we can do this even while in your place of business. Going to tell me to put the smart phone down, after you tell me your price?

Quoted:

I've had shop employees get pissed because I'll log onto RSR/Lipseys/Buds and throw out a fair offer based off of what they actually paid for the firearm.  If you're too good for 15% I'll just order it through our FFL instead.  I don't mind giving other local guys the business but not at their con artist prices.  $900 for a CZ455 wearing a $150 scope that your "gunsmith" already managed to get ring marks on before it ever leaves the door of your shop?  No thanks...I'll pass.

We're not discussing negotiations between a customer and a store owner. We're discussing one "customer" interfering with the negotiations between another customer and a store owner. So, yeah, if I'm working a deal with a customer and you bud in to tell him what some online seller is charging, I will politely request that  you leave my store.

As a store owner, I have to accept that other stores are selling the same products that I sell and that their prices may be lower than mine. That's cool. What I will not accept is somebody who is not involved in a transaction trying to interfere with the transaction.

And when you say store owner you really mean the Department of Defense or the United States Government.

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 5:26:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No you hicktarded cunt normal people don't hunt. The vast majority of gun owners have never killed an animal. I don't own a fuckin AK to shoot bambi with and I don't own an 1100 to cap ducks with either. They are for target shooting, and capping trashy shit bags, and to qoute krusty the fucking clown to keep the king of england outta my fucking face. in short fuck you very much now get the fuck out and go vote democrat, whore.

*not calling OP a hicktarded cunt I'm calling the hicktard cunt in the story that.
View Quote

Very eloquent. I like it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 5:26:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'm guessing business isn't yours.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sorry but at worst, what he did was rude. Nothing "wrong" about what he did. By your notion, arfcom should get in trouble for permitting individuals to post "deals" in Gen chat. So many potential customers lost right there....

Why is the concept of INSIDE ANOTHER MAN'S PLACE OF BUSINESS so hard to grasp?

You know, every response from you makes me think you are the "rip them off then fuck them in the ass" kind of salesmen. If youre going to get butthurt about other people competing better than you, then don't get into the business.

I'm guessing reading comprehension isn't really your thing . . .

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 5:29:58 PM EDT
[#8]
This is why I love it when the left slips about what their end goal is (ban all guns, hunting, etc.) so the "Fudds" will realize they do have a dog in the fight...it is not just about the EBR and semi auto pistols...they want your baby killing sniper rifles and "high powered" magnum revolvers.  

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 5:30:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a news letter. you can subscribe to it if you like.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 5:34:07 PM EDT
[#10]
damn FUDDs

my FUDD experience is this:

November 2007, buying my first AR, a 1978 Colt SP1 at my Grandpa's LGS back in PA. As I'm filling out the 4473 at the counter this older guy asks me what the hell I need one of them military style rifles for anyway. I told him to shoot with. He then says well ya can't hunt with it. I said yeah I can in the state I'm stationed in which is Texas. I then ask him what hunting rifle he has since he doesn't like military style rifles. His response was a German Mauser. Everyone around the counter started chuckling since the older guy couldn't see the irony of the situation.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 5:35:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sorry but at worst, what he did was rude. Nothing "wrong" about what he did. By your notion, arfcom should get in trouble for permitting individuals to post "deals" in Gen chat. So many potential customers lost right there....

Why is the concept of INSIDE ANOTHER MAN'S PLACE OF BUSINESS so hard to grasp?

You know, every response from you makes me think you are the "rip them off then fuck them in the ass" kind of salesmen. If youre going to get butthurt about other people competing better than you, then don't get into the business.

I'm guessing reading comprehension isn't really your thing . . .

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 5:41:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

And when you say store owner you really mean the Department of Defense or the United States Government.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

When this discussion started, there was no mention of a military installation. It was "a gun store." That little government-store detail was conveniently added later.

To wit . . .

Quoted:

I have seriously talked to one other customer at a gun store.  The guy was looking at a 9mm Shield, liked it, but didn't like the price.  He put it down and was walking away from the gun counter, obvious that was more than he wanted to spend, so I told him that PSA had Shields for much cheaper than what the store we were at had them for.  

BTW, I'm not familiar with the stores on bases. Are they actually operated by the government or by a contractor (i.e. a private business owner)?

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:01:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Holy fuck. Can all of you wishing to discuss business ethics take your conversation to the Pit and stop shitting all over this thread? For fuck's sake...

More hilarious Fudd stories, please.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:02:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My local favorite gun shop (about 10 miles from me) advertises on the radio, newspaper ads, t-shirts and sales cards "politically incorrect firearms" with a 1919A4 logo. They have a constantly full parking lot and full counter and their full auto range is always full (have to wait for a bench) with burps of "fun gun" fire (they rent class 3 guns too). Every time I'm there they are doing plenty of business.

Contrast this with the local fud gun shop a few miles from me, all hunting rifles and bows. Owner doesn't deal in "black or high cap guns". His shit is new old stock from 1995 (by the looks of it), dust covered and he has to work a "day job" and is only open odd hours because his shop can't float on its own. And this is in the heart of rural hunting country where the first day of buck is a holiday and schools are even closed here in this part of PA.

The times they are a changin'.....  
View Quote

Can you disclose the name and location of this place?  I'd like to visit a good gun shop with a large stock of handguns and a range.  Would make buying the wife her Christmas present fun and easy if this place is close by (NEPA)
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:08:35 PM EDT
[#15]
" />
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:13:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Can you disclose the name and location of this place?  I'd like to visit a good gun shop with a large stock of handguns and a range.  Would make buying the wife her Christmas present fun and easy if this place is close by (NEPA)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My local favorite gun shop (about 10 miles from me) advertises on the radio, newspaper ads, t-shirts and sales cards "politically incorrect firearms" with a 1919A4 logo. They have a constantly full parking lot and full counter and their full auto range is always full (have to wait for a bench) with burps of "fun gun" fire (they rent class 3 guns too). Every time I'm there they are doing plenty of business.

Contrast this with the local fud gun shop a few miles from me, all hunting rifles and bows. Owner doesn't deal in "black or high cap guns". His shit is new old stock from 1995 (by the looks of it), dust covered and he has to work a "day job" and is only open odd hours because his shop can't float on its own. And this is in the heart of rural hunting country where the first day of buck is a holiday and schools are even closed here in this part of PA.

The times they are a changin'.....  

I googled "PA politically incorrect firearms". This place is north of Pittsburgh.

http://www.altrafirearms.com
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:15:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Done and done.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:23:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Thought i would echo the comments of another poster about having a good relationship with your local ffl.  I am fortunate enough to have two very good dealers near me.  I suppose i could get a better price online and pay for a transfer but at the same time i dont mind paying a little more to help them stay in business.  They have been very helpful whenever i have had issues in the past very easy to do trades with whenever i want to try something different as well.  Not saying im paying 1k for a gen4 glock but im kinda partial to both of them especially when one knocked off 50 bucks off a glock i was about to buy because he was gonna run a special but hadnt actually started it or posted it.  Just knocked it down off the top without me even asking and threw in free range time to boot being a indoor range (i had no idea he was gonna run a promo or whatnot, just wanted a 9mm to go with my 40).  

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:26:40 PM EDT
[#19]
So, this thread has gone down the hill in a flaming pile of name calling and stupidity?

Yup, IBTL!
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:28:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Thought i would echo the comments of another poster about having a good relationship with your local ffl.  I am fortunate enough to have two very good dealers near me.  I suppose i could get a better price online and pay for a transfer but at the same time i dont mind paying a little more to help them stay in business.  They have been very helpful whenever i have had issues in the past very easy to do trades with whenever i want to try something different as well.  Not saying im paying 1k for a gen4 glock but im kinda partial to both of them especially when one knocked off 50 bucks off a glock i was about to buy because he was gonna run a special but hadnt actually started it or posted it.  Just knocked it down off the top without me even asking and threw in free range time to boot being a indoor range (i had no idea he was gonna run a promo or whatnot, just wanted a 9mm to go with my 40).  

View Quote

What shops are you talking about? (I recently moved to Virginia)
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:47:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

When this discussion started, there was no mention of a military installation. It was "a gun store." That little government-store detail was conveniently added later.

To wit . . .

BTW, I'm not familiar with the stores on bases. Are they actually operated by the government or by a contractor (i.e. a private business owner)?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To wit . . .

Quoted:

I have seriously talked to one other customer at a gun store.  The guy was looking at a 9mm Shield, liked it, but didn't like the price.  He put it down and was walking away from the gun counter, obvious that was more than he wanted to spend, so I told him that PSA had Shields for much cheaper than what the store we were at had them for.  

Wait, I didn't think guns were allowed on bases, and certainly not gun stores?  What am I missing here?

Yes, derailing the thread further
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:25:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
" Don't anyone buy real guns for hunting like a normal person anymore ?"
View Quote

You should have said: "Just fossils like you. Everyone else joined the 21st century. ARs have been around since the 1960s and other semiautos have been around for over 100 years. Where have you been Rip Van Winkle? "

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:31:34 PM EDT
[#23]
I wouldn't have been able to hold my tongue on that one. Fudds are THE WORST kind of gun owner. Worse than antigun if you ask me.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:29:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pm sent
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:41:35 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I assume he though what he said was fucking brilliant and insightful.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

How come these idiots feel the need to voice their stupid opinions?

I assume he though what he said was fucking brilliant and insightful.
After your stories of the restaurant

I am surprised you are even remotely surprised  

At this point I'm never surprised, I just always try to understand why stupid humans do what they do.

What I share on Arfcom is merely the tip of the iceberg.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:10:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Wait, I didn't think guns were allowed on bases, and certainly not gun stores?  What am I missing here?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

To wit . . .

Quoted:

Wrong and wrong.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:13:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You may want to rethink that. That barrel is not suited for steel shot, which I believe is required for waterfowl hunting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP, that older couple's son sounds like two former friends of mine. Both of them wouldn't go goose or duck hunting without a 3.5" magnum. One had a 10 gauge, the other a 12 gauge. At the time, I was looking for a decent shotgun, and I have a soft spot for old models. Talked with them quite a bit about it. "If you don't shoot a 3.5", you're not doing it right", etc. You can probably see where I'm going with this....

Looked several over, including a few autos. Nothing really jumped out at me. All of them would've been perfectly suitable for that particular use, but I just didn't see much in the way of excitement. Crap. Went back a few days later, to do it all over again. I see some old shotgun in the rack, that wasn't there previously. Hmm. Looked it over once, and bought it

All of those nice, new, fancy goose/duck guns to choose from, and what do I decide on?

A 1934-vintage 1897 Winchester 12 gauge. 30" full-choke barrel, and (of course) a 2 3/4" chamber.
Hardly any bluing left, and the forearm and wrist were just about black from oil and use. The bore was spotless, and the action ran like a watch. Not exactly a current, trendy, "Mr. Bigshit on that hunting show has one, and I'm a huge fanboi"-type shotgun.

Went hunting with them a few days later. I didn't get any more birds than they did with their cannons, but I didn't get any fewer.

You may want to rethink that. That barrel is not suited for steel shot, which I believe is required for waterfowl hunting.

Rethink the part where I used bismuth?
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:28:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP, that older couple's son sounds like two former friends of mine. Both of them wouldn't go goose or duck hunting without a 3.5" magnum. One had a 10 gauge, the other a 12 gauge. At the time, I was looking for a decent shotgun, and I have a soft spot for old models. Talked with them quite a bit about it. "If you don't shoot a 3.5", you're not doing it right", etc. You can probably see where I'm going with this....

Looked several over, including a few autos. Nothing really jumped out at me. All of them would've been perfectly suitable for that particular use, but I just didn't see much in the way of excitement. Crap. Went back a few days later, to do it all over again. I see some old shotgun in the rack, that wasn't there previously. Hmm. Looked it over once, and bought it

All of those nice, new, fancy goose/duck guns to choose from, and what do I decide on?

A 1934-vintage 1897 Winchester 12 gauge. 30" full-choke barrel, and (of course) a 2 3/4" chamber.
Hardly any bluing left, and the forearm and wrist were just about black from oil and use. The bore was spotless, and the action ran like a watch. Not exactly a current, trendy, "Mr. Bigshit on that hunting show has one, and I'm a huge fanboi"-type shotgun.

Went hunting with them a few days later. I didn't get any more birds than they did with their cannons, but I didn't get any fewer.

Never mind . . .
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:34:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Man's son had convinced him he needed a 3.5" gun for goose and I was happy to oblige

Another gentleman comes in wanting a mini-14 while he looks at a new mini he states he wants an AR but cannot afford one
I show him a Patrolman's Carbine he sees that it is less than the Mini and decides to buy it

About that time guy figures he needs the M107 and we start paperwork for that also

While shotgun couple are still handling a few shotguns and the other 2 guys are doing 4473s
A older gentleman with a cane comes walking in asks about a Glock 42 , after a minute he asks if we take trades

I answered yes and he said well i have a Glock 27 but it is on me and I did not want to whip it out
( normally our policy on this is to send them out to their vehicle to clear the weapon so if they have a AD its not our problem , customers , property , employees etc I'm sure some here in GD will have some sort of problem with that)
This guy is old and has a cane plus parking lot is still icy in spots I wasn't gonna send him outside , So I asked him if he could lay it safely on the counter and allow me to clear it , which I did

At this point shotgun guy looked like this  shotgun wife was looking and acting like this http://i58.tinypic.com/qzja7p.jpg

they then stormed out after he exclaimed  " Don't anyone buy real guns for hunting like a normal person anymore ?"

View Quote

hell I'm a fudd ( age wise) and love my AK's AR's firepower
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:36:48 PM EDT
[#30]
People who own guns for hunting are in decline. People who own guns for personal protection and defense of liberty are very much on the rise. That is the one stat that may ultimately save us from the anti-gunners. A couple of decades ago, gun owners consisted mostly of small and medium game hunters. EBR lovers like us were few and far between. Now we are the face of gun ownership. That is why it will be much harder for the Federal government to enact another 1994 style ban today.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:45:28 PM EDT
[#31]
some of us old grey haired fella's maybe called fudd's?

been shootin shit like this for many years

toy's too for an old fudd

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:49:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I was in a mostly tacticool shop last week, and they had a Krag I was admiring.  The saleskid told me he was thinking of building up an AR in .30"-40 for next deer season.  
View Quote

That would actually be cheaper than the $1200 unaltered 1898 Krag I was looking at.....

alas it would have far less historical interest however.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:50:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:51:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

To wit . . .

Quoted:

The PX sells guns. If you want to keep a gun on post at your residence, there are certain regulations that must be adhered to. If you live in the barracks, POWs must be stored in your unit's arms room (or off post if you have a friend you trust. The unit would never know, as it is against DoD directive to attempt to gather info on POWs). If you store them at your residence off post, you must only comply with that same applicable laws as everyone else in your area. No, you can not carry on post. That's the basics.

Also, this thread got un-fun in a fucking hurry.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:55:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Right, this was supposed to be a thread where gun owners dis other gun owners.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:00:45 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

To be honest anyone at any age could be a Fudd.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:03:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

bingo buddy.......yah hit the nail on the head!.........

an ole man still has to love shotguns when his eyes go south.

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:09:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Sorry. Inside my store, the only capitalism going on is mine. If you want to promote my competition, you get shown the door.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I consider it pretty low to go into another guy's place of business . . . his livelihood . . . and direct a potential customer to another place of business. You might as well just shoplift from him while you're there. Either way, you're taking money out of his pocket. What? The guy was leaving? How do you know he wouldn't come back? It often takes a couple of trips for a customer to arrive at a decision. But Palmetto was cheaper? How do you know the customer might actually be willing to pay a bit more for the added value he might perceive to get from a local shop? Does Palmetto help pay for schools, trash pickup, police and fire protection in your community? Do they support the local charities? Why are you helping them rather than your neighbor and your own community?

You are essentially a guest in the guy's store. Act like one.

Why do you hate Capitalism?

Sorry. Inside my store, the only capitalism going on is mine. If you want to promote my competition, you get shown the door.

Lol.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:10:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now you're gettin' it!

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:15:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Palmetto sells Gen 3 Glocks for $499. My price is $525. By the time you pay me $20 to transfer a Glock you've bought from Palmetto the difference is $5 plus the sales tax that I have to charge. That means I'm roughly $45 dollars out the door higher. If it's not worth $50 to touch it, feel it and take immediate delivery (and support your local economy) then so be it. Don't cry to me when there are no local shops left.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And there it is ladies and gentlemen.  Let the butthurt ensue since you're obviously projecting.  If your prices were too high I'd do the same thing.  Maybe not in your store in front of you...but in the parking lot.  If you make your prices competitive people won't go elsewhere....

Palmetto sells Gen 3 Glocks for $499. My price is $525. By the time you pay me $20 to transfer a Glock you've bought from Palmetto the difference is $5 plus the sales tax that I have to charge. That means I'm roughly $45 dollars out the door higher. If it's not worth $50 to touch it, feel it and take immediate delivery (and support your local economy) then so be it. Don't cry to me when there are no local shops left.

I won't cry because I don't go to local shops any more.  I don't like spending more than I have to and I've yet to see a lgs that can beat Internet pricing.  $50 May not be a big deal to you, but I dont throw money away.  I would buy from them if they were competitive, but they are not.  The times, they are a changing.

If that bothers you then I would suggest to find a way to be competitive.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:16:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Now you're gettin' it!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now you're gettin' it!

can't judge a book by it's cover boy's....... that kinda holds true in firearms
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:19:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like you. I like you a lot. We should hang out.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:23:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Again, my price is comparable to Palmetto's. The difference is the sales tax. Are you suggesting that I eat the sales tax? Why should local merchants suffer because the Internet is a tax-free zone? It's unfair competition. It's hurting communities and it needs to change.

I've got no problem doing transfers. I do them all the time. It's not pure profit, though. There are expenses associated with transfers. Employees don't work for free, you know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And there it is ladies and gentlemen.  Let the butthurt ensue since you're obviously projecting.  If your prices were too high I'd do the same thing.  Maybe not in your store in front of you...but in the parking lot.  If you make your prices competitive people won't go elsewhere....

Not to discount your position, because as a small business owner I know your pain and would rather support the brick and mortar stores, that IS only $45-50.  But uts also 8-10%, which isn't insignificant.  We're not talking $50 on a $1500 item.

And frankly, don't you make out better with the PSA gun transferring in?  The $20 you take for the transfer is pure profit.  You give up nothing, except a 4473, bit of ink, and some storage space for $20.  Don't act as though you're getting screwed totally in that scenario...

Again, my price is comparable to Palmetto's. The difference is the sales tax. Are you suggesting that I eat the sales tax? Why should local merchants suffer because the Internet is a tax-free zone? It's unfair competition. It's hurting communities and it needs to change.

I've got no problem doing transfers. I do them all the time. It's not pure profit, though. There are expenses associated with transfers. Employees don't work for free, you know.

Internet sales tax?? Ok our commie friend.   You reek of the entitled mentality that is always searching for "fairness" or looks to pull others down rather than lifting your business up.

I get you don't feel much guilt charging obscene APRs for pawn loans though...
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:27:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I wouldn't have been able to hold my tongue on that one. Fudds are THE WORST kind of gun owner. Worse than antigun if you ask me.
View Quote

Yep. Ruined paid memberships at two different ranges for me. First the dirty looks and no "rapid fire", then the ridiculous jump through hoops rules and no holstered sidearm "because we're not an armed camp" bullshit. Fuck you. I'm a range less nomad in search of a home now,  but fuck you fudds!
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:10:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Internet sales tax?? Ok our commie friend.   You reek of the entitled mentality that is always searching for "fairness" or looks to pull others down rather than lifting your business up...
View Quote

Yep. Internet sales tax . . . Keep those dollars close at home where they will do the most good for you and your neighbors. Besdes, government is not going to stop being government because sales tax revenues decrease locally. They're just going to make it up in property taxes, fees, etc. You're kidding yourself if you think you're avoiding taxes by buying online. You'll pay for it some other way.

Spend your money close at home whenever possible. The stronger your local economy, the better it is for YOU. The tax-free zone that is the Internet just serves to export jobs and economic growth outside your own community.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:18:40 AM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:24:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Nice try, but you fail. I said nothing of the sort. I said that spending money in  your own community serves your own self interest. The tax free nature of the Internet places local businesses at a competitive disadvantage and is therefore harmful to local economies. Taxing the internet would help alleviate one disadvantage local brick and mortar business face and therefore could help strengthen local economies. That's a positive thing for everyone who lives in those communities. It's not that taxes are patriotic but that taxes are a fact of life in America. As long as government services are going to be paid for, we shouldn't handicap local communities by giving out of state sales a free pass. Complicated, I know, but try to pay attention.

BTW, your tank suggests that your salary is paid by taxes. Ironic, huh?
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:43:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Nice try, but you fail. I said nothing of the sort. I said that spending money in  your own community serves your own self interest. The tax free nature of the Internet places local businesses at a competitive disadvantage and is therefore harmful to local economies. Taxing the internet would help alleviate one disadvantage local brick and mortar business face and therefore could help strengthen local economies. That's a positive thing for everyone who lives in those communities. It's not that taxes are patriotic but that taxes are a fact of life in America. As long as government services are going to be paid for, we shouldn't handicap local communities by giving out of state sales a free pass. Complicated, I know, but try to pay attention.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Saving money serves my self interest a lot better than paying sales tax.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:46:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Fudds gonna Fudd.
View Quote

Huskers gonna Husk
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:59:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And that's your choice. There may be unintended and/or unanticipated consequences however
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top