Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:09:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Seen plenty of this.

My Dad's friend opened up a shop and had a lot of pistols (because CCW) and hunting rifles/shotguns but one lonely AR on the wall.

I commented about this (honest critique) and he complained: "Why does everyone always want to check these out?!"

He won't be in business for long.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:29:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I picked up a lower from my FFL yesterday.  Hurrrr durrrr ensued...

A guy comes in and asks what I am building.  I tell him a .300 BLK

"What for"

(didn't want to tell him that it'll be a bedside gun) "Deer hunting"

"Oh man, you hit a deer with that it's gonna blow everything up inside it"

"Yeah, well I'm going to try to hit it in the right spot so that doesn't happen."

"What kinda barrel you gonna put on that?"

"As short as possible and as light as possible, I don't want to carry a heavy rifle through the woods, you know?"

"Well, I'd put nothing shorter than a 22" or 24" barrel on it, and make sure you don't go shorter than 18", that's illegal ( ).  Most companies make their barrels 18 and a half inches to make sure they're legal ( )."

"Oh okay, I'll make sure I do that."

- he then tells me how to measure barrel length "the way the ATF does" ( which wasn't, but anywho)...

"Thanks man, I appreciate that.  Thanks for the heads up."

Not on the level of FEMA's buying up the .22LR to comply with the UN Small Arms Treaty because a joint Russian/Kenyan IMF mandated "enforcement unit" is coming to ensure compliance with the UN treaty but still pretty hurrr durrr.  

CSB and all that
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:46:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

"What for"

"Yeah, well I'm going to try to hit it in the right spot so that doesn't happen."

"As short as possible and as light as possible, I don't want to carry a heavy rifle through the woods, you know?"

"Well, I'd put nothing shorter than a 22" or 24" barrel on it, and make sure you don't go shorter than 18", that's illegal ( ).  Most companies make their barrels 18 and a half inches to make sure they're legal ( )."

- he then tells me how to measure barrel length "the way the ATF does" ( which wasn't, but anywho)...

Not on the level of FEMA's buying up the .22LR to comply with the UN Small Arms Treaty because a joint Russian/Kenyan IMF mandated "enforcement unit" is coming to ensure compliance with the UN treaty but still pretty hurrr durrr.  

CSB and all that
View Quote

Man I really dislike running into nosy guys like that. Why can't they just mind their own business and keep their nuggets of wisdom to themselves?
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:02:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Man I really dislike running into nosy guys like that. Why can't they just mind their own business and keep their nuggets of wisdom to themselves?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
/snip/
CSB and all that

truth.

I have seriously talked to one other customer at a gun store.  The guy was looking at a 9mm Shield, liked it, but didn't like the price.  He put it down and was walking away from the gun counter, obvious that was more than he wanted to spend, so I told him that PSA had Shields for much cheaper than what the store we were at had them for.  

Every other time:  MYOB.  

You want a shotgun for home defense?  Cool.  IDGAF.  You're not guarding my house.
You want a KSG for shooting clays?  Not my money, IDGAF.
You want a snubby .357 Mag for your wife's purse gun?  IDGAF.  Let me know when you put it on Armslist.
You're ready to pay $1300 for that used WASR-10?  IDGAF.  Not my money.  
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:04:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Nah, I only buy imaginary guns.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:11:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
a older couple come in looking for shotguns . . . .
another gentleman came in saying he had heard we have a Barrett M107 in Tan . . .
Another gentleman comes in wanting a mini-14 . .  
A older gentleman with a cane comes walking in asks about a Glock 42 . . . .

so pretty much a normal afternoon with a dash of Fudd drama

View Quote

Sounds like a great afternoon.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:21:21 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

FUCK FUDDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:34:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I have seriously talked to one other customer at a gun store.  The guy was looking at a 9mm Shield, liked it, but didn't like the price.  He put it down and was walking away from the gun counter, obvious that was more than he wanted to spend, so I told him that PSA had Shields for much cheaper than what the store we were at had them for . . . .
View Quote

Classy.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:35:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
A few weeks ago I was at a local gun store with the word "tactical" in it's name.

Customer walked in looking for a certain hunting rifle and was surprised to be told, basically, "we don't sell guns like that."
View Quote

That's retarded. My go-to shop is pretty much all tactical shit, and class 3 stuff. I buy all my pistols and AR's from them. But they can still order my fudd guns when I'm in the market for them. I don't understand why your store would turn down the business.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:37:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Fucking old codger fudd

Feathers and a web foot won't fill the freezer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why cant you hunt with a 107?

Fucking old codger fudd

Feathers and a web foot won't fill the freezer.

Head shot?
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:38:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
In my experience, the Fudds are the most anti-gun of all. Even worse than non gun owning anti-gunners.  I've known way too many shotgun only owners that had disdain for any firearm that was black. EVIL BLACK.
View Quote

Funny, all the shotgun guys I shoot skeet with also own AR-15's, handguns, etc. When I don't run into them at the range, I see them at the NRA banquet, dumping money into the raffles and side games.

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:01:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Classy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have seriously talked to one other customer at a gun store.  The guy was looking at a 9mm Shield, liked it, but didn't like the price.  He put it down and was walking away from the gun counter, obvious that was more than he wanted to spend, so I told him that PSA had Shields for much cheaper than what the store we were at had them for . . . .

Classy.

Sarcasm or not?  Just curious...
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:09:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Classy.

The following is just the attitude of a guy trying to pay his bills and feed his family running a retail store. Take it for what it's worth. YMMV . . .

I consider it pretty low to go into another guy's place of business . . . his livelihood . . . and direct a potential customer to another place of business. You might as well just shoplift from him while you're there. Either way, you're taking money out of his pocket. What? The guy was leaving? How do you know he wouldn't come back? It often takes a couple of trips for a customer to arrive at a decision. But Palmetto was cheaper? How do you know the customer might actually be willing to pay a bit more for the added value he might perceive to get from a local shop? Does Palmetto help pay for schools, trash pickup, police and fire protection in your community? Do they support the local charities? Why are you helping them rather than your neighbor and your own community?

You are essentially a guest in the guy's store. Act like one.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:21:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I consider it pretty low to go into another guy's place of business . . . his livelihood . . . and direct a potential customer to another place of business. Might as well just shoplift from him while you're there. Either way, you're taking money out of his pocket. What? The guy was leaving? How do you know he wouldn't come back? How do you know the customer might actually be willing to pay a bit more for the added value he might perceive to get from a local shop? You are essentially a guest in the guy's store. Act like one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Classy.

I consider it pretty low to go into another guy's place of business . . . his livelihood . . . and direct a potential customer to another place of business. Might as well just shoplift from him while you're there. Either way, you're taking money out of his pocket. What? The guy was leaving? How do you know he wouldn't come back? How do you know the customer might actually be willing to pay a bit more for the added value he might perceive to get from a local shop? You are essentially a guest in the guy's store. Act like one.

Without going into the exact circumstances - it wasn't a mom and pop ran gun store, but a retailer that also sells guns.  When I was filling out a 4473 for the gun I bought I overheard the potential customer trying to negotiate the price down.  The store has a no haggle policy.  

I don't know he wouldn't have come back, but I do know there is a store 10 miles away that is known regionally for it's low prices on S&W guns. Did the guy I talk to know that?  I don't know.  

Disagree completely.  

The money the potential customer could have saved by ordering it from PSA could pay for a 5 yr CCW permit in my state, after FFL transfer fee.  I'd rather the guy have a Shield - and carry it - than have a pistol and have it set in his safe.  

That being said, if I was at a local mom and pop type of gun store I wouldn't have done that, I would have let the salesman try to negotiate a price with the customer.

Just saw your edit
Does Palmetto help pay for schools, trash pickup, police and fire protection in your community? Do they support the local charities? Why are you helping them rather than your neighbor and your own community?

Nope, Palmetto doesn't. And the place we were at doesn't either, aside from nominal MWR "donations"
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:23:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The following is just the attitude of a guy trying to pay his bills and feed his family running a retail store. Take it for what it's worth. YMMV . . .

I consider it pretty low to go into another guy's place of business . . . his livelihood . . . and direct a potential customer to another place of business. You might as well just shoplift from him while you're there. Either way, you're taking money out of his pocket. What? The guy was leaving? How do you know he wouldn't come back? It often takes a couple of trips for a customer to arrive at a decision. But Palmetto was cheaper? How do you know the customer might actually be willing to pay a bit more for the added value he might perceive to get from a local shop? Does Palmetto help pay for schools, trash pickup, police and fire protection in your community? Do they support the local charities? Why are you helping them rather than your neighbor and your own community?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Classy.

I'm sure money is important to the customer as well. Information isn't evil. I get not parading it through store but just letting someone know the truth can't be construed as immoral.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:24:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Cartoon Central
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:27:00 AM EDT
[#17]
I love fudd guns but I hate fudds
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:29:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Without going into the exact circumstances - it wasn't a mom and pop ran gun store, but a retailer that also sells guns.  When I was filling out a 4473 for the gun I bought I overheard the potential customer trying to negotiate the price down.  The store has a no haggle policy.  

I don't know he wouldn't have come back, but I do know there is a store 10 miles away that is known regionally for it's low prices on S&W guns. Did the guy I talk to know that?  I don't know.  

Disagree completely.  

The money the potential customer could have saved by ordering it from PSA could pay for a 5 yr CCW permit in my state, after FFL transfer fee.  I'd rather the guy have a Shield - and carry it - than have a pistol and have it set in his safe.  

That being said, if I was at a local mom and pop type of gun store I wouldn't have done that, I would have let the salesman try to negotiate a price with the customer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Classy.

Disagree completely.  

Still none of your business.

I'm not going to defend my position. You asked if I was being serious or sarcastic. I answered. I believe that interfering in a sale (or potential sale) in another man's store is a form of  stealing from him. If you don't agree, that's fine, but that's how I feel.

The fact that it wasn't a mom and pop doesn't really matter much to me. Mom and pop work there and are dependent on the store's success for their paycheck.

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:37:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why do you hate Capitalism?

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:39:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Maybe they needed to go home and have sex before purchasing their new gunnnnnnnnnn.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:40:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That's retarded. My go-to shop is pretty much all tactical shit, and class 3 stuff. I buy all my pistols and AR's from them. But they can still order my fudd guns when I'm in the market for them. I don't understand why your store would turn down the business.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A few weeks ago I was at a local gun store with the word "tactical" in it's name.

Customer walked in looking for a certain hunting rifle and was surprised to be told, basically, "we don't sell guns like that."

My go-to shop in New York has SBRs, SBSs, and a full-auto SBR.  None of that fuddy shit
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:40:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I'm not going to defend my position. You asked if I was being serious or sarcastic. I answered. I believe that interfering in a sale (or potential sale) in another man's store is a form of  stealing from him. If you don't agree, that's fine, but that's how I feel.

The fact that it wasn't a mom and pop doesn't really matter much to me. Mom and pop work there and are dependent on the store's success for their paycheck.

View Quote

yeah we don't agree.  I like capitalism and free-markets and stuff like that.  

You could apply your fuzzy definition of a "potential sale" to almost any situation.  I guess since someone posted in the Black Friday Deals thread yesterday they interfered with me potentially buying a gun prior to me walking into the shop yesterday to pick up that lower.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:47:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You could apply your fuzzy definition of a "potential sale" to almost any situation.  I guess since someone posted in the Black Friday Deals thread yesterday they interfered with me potentially buying a gun prior to me walking into the shop yesterday to pick up that lower.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're overlooking the part about being inside another guy's store.

Since you like capitalism so much, I hope Palmetto is giving you a little kick-back for working for them.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:48:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

"What for"

CSB and all that
View Quote

It really is shocking how clueless people are. 300blk is a great round, but it isn't anywhere near as powerful as popular hunting calibers like the 7mm Mag or 30-06
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:49:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry. Inside my store, the only capitalism going on is mine. If you want to promote my competition, you get shown the door.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:49:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It really is shocking how clueless people are. 300blk is a great round, but it isn't anywhere near as powerful as popular hunting calibers like the 7mm Mag or 30-06
View Quote

The only thing I could think of is maybe he confused .300 BLK with .300 Win Mag.  Maybe???
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:53:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Sorry. Inside my store, the only capitalism going on is mine. If you want to promote my competition, you get shown the door.
View Quote

State Capitalism is Best Capitalism

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:53:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The only thing I could think of is maybe he confused .300 BLK with .300 Win Mag.  Maybe???
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah perhaps.

Or by his other comments, just clueless.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:00:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Sounds like to me you got rid of a few democrat customers.   You should be happy
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:06:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I wish they didn't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
just think, they vote..

I wish they didn't.

I disagree.  There is an equal chance those two were Republicans.  You guys act like everybody who votes R has the same opinion as us on RTKBA, when in reality, that's very far from the truth.  

There are tons of people on both sides of the aisle that consider guns / gun control a very low priority issue.  Especially when you get into the older, richer base of the GOP guns are a very low priority issue and there are many who hold the same views as these couples did.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:07:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Classy.

Mmmmkay...   I'm all for supporting local business to a point, but if you're a greedy bastard and want a huge mark up on a firearm that obviously sells for a good bit less elsewhere, and you're just one of "those guys" waiting to take advantage of some sucker...I have no sympathy.  I'd have done the same thing.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:07:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Thats hilarious.  It had to be an m107 didn't it
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:09:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

My go-to shop in New York has SBRs, SBSs, and a full-auto SBR.  None of that fuddy shit
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All of which can only go to your JBT's right?
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:12:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And there it is ladies and gentlemen.  Let the butthurt ensue since you're obviously projecting.  If your prices were too high I'd do the same thing.  Maybe not in your store in front of you...but in the parking lot.  If you make your prices competitive people won't go elsewhere....
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:13:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Seen plenty of this.

My Dad's friend opened up a shop and had a lot of pistols (because CCW) and hunting rifles/shotguns but one lonely AR on the wall.

I commented about this (honest critique) and he complained: "Why does everyone always want to check these out?!"

View Quote

A friend of mine did the exact opposite.

She opened with a ton of pistols, including high end Wilson's and such on the shelf.  LaRue AR's on the shelf, complete BCM's, surefire suppressors, etc.

The only shotgun she had was a magpul edition 870.

She had no bird shot on the shelves.
No hunting slugs on the shelves.
No hunting ammo at all in the store.

And wonders why everyone, in september/october, in Ohio, is walking in, then out of the store.  

And when I tell her what to get.. She looks at me mindlessly. "Who would buy THAT?"  

It's ohio, in hunting season.

Having a LaRue AR on the shelf is cool as hell, but October in Ohio is gearing up for hunting season...
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:16:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Elmer and Ethel Fudd wont be coming back
View Quote

Yeah.  And no offense to the great state of Nebraska, but you seem to have your share of Fudds there.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:17:32 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View Quote
Yep you have to have both sides of the coin

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:17:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
My local favorite gun shop (about 10 miles from me) advertises on the radio, newspaper ads, t-shirts and sales cards "politically incorrect firearms" with a 1919A4 logo. They have a constantly full parking lot and full counter and their full auto range is always full (have to wait for a bench) with burps of "fun gun" fire (they rent class 3 guns too). Every time I'm there they are doing plenty of business.

Contrast this with the local fud gun shop a few miles from me, all hunting rifles and bows. Owner doesn't deal in "black or high cap guns". His shit is new old stock from 1995 (by the looks of it), dust covered and he has to work a "day job" and is only open odd hours because his shop can't float on its own. And this is in the heart of rural hunting country where the first day of buck is a holiday and schools are even closed here in this part of PA.

The times they are a changin'.....

View Quote

Trop and...?
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:42:47 PM EDT
[#39]
I support and celebrate diversity.  I enjoy fine walnut bolt action rifles and shotguns as well as AR-15s and big-bore black rifles.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:57:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

And there it is ladies and gentlemen.  Let the butthurt ensue since you're obviously projecting.  If your prices were too high I'd do the same thing.  Maybe not in your store in front of you...but in the parking lot.  If you make your prices competitive people won't go elsewhere....
View Quote

Palmetto sells Gen 3 Glocks for $499. My price is $525. By the time you pay me $20 to transfer a Glock you've bought from Palmetto the difference is $5 plus the sales tax that I have to charge. That means I'm roughly $45 dollars out the door higher. If it's not worth $50 to touch it, feel it and take immediate delivery (and support your local economy) then so be it. Don't cry to me when there are no local shops left.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 1:04:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Palmetto sells Gen 3 Glocks for $499. My price is $525. By the time you pay me $20 to transfer a Glock you've bought from Palmetto the difference is $5 plus the sales tax that I have to charge. That means I'm roughly $45 dollars out the door higher. If it's not worth $50 to touch it, feel it and take immediate delivery (and support your local economy) then so be it. Don't cry to me when there are no local shops left.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol, it's patriotic to pay taxes amirite?
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 1:21:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not to discount your position, because as a small business owner I know your pain and would rather support the brick and mortar stores, that IS only $45-50.  But uts also 8-10%, which isn't insignificant.  We're not talking $50 on a $1500 item.

And frankly, don't you make out better with the PSA gun transferring in?  The $20 you take for the transfer is pure profit.  You give up nothing, except a 4473, bit of ink, and some storage space for $20.  Don't act as though you're getting screwed totally in that scenario...
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 1:23:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

She opened with a ton of pistols, including high end Wilson's and such on the shelf.  LaRue AR's on the shelf, complete BCM's, surefire suppressors, etc.

And wonders why everyone, in september/october, in Ohio, is walking in, then out of the store.  

And when I tell her what to get.. She looks at me mindlessly. "Who would buy THAT?"  

Having a LaRue AR on the shelf is cool as hell, but October in Ohio is gearing up for hunting season...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seen plenty of this.

Does your lady friend still have that Larue on the shelf?  Methinks I might make a call if so...
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 1:27:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Not to discount your position, because as a small business owner I know your pain and would rather support the brick and mortar stores, that IS only $45-50.  But uts also 8-10%, which isn't insignificant.  We're not talking $50 on a $1500 item.

And frankly, don't you make out better with the PSA gun transferring in?  The $20 you take for the transfer is pure profit.  You give up nothing, except a 4473, bit of ink, and some storage space for $20.  Don't act as though you're getting screwed totally in that scenario...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's already said that he'd rather a customer come in 5 or 6 times, finger fuck his guns, have to wipe them down after each time, waste 10-15 minutes each time that customer walks in, then do the 4473 + ink and phone call so he can get his, instead of taking $20 and doing the NICS check.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 1:37:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
but I didn't even sell an AK

Damn state and Visa made more money on that Barrett in processing fees and taxes than we did

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds like a good day.

Damn state and Visa made more money on that Barrett in processing fees and taxes than we did

You should add a larger fee for CC purchases then
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 1:48:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Again, my price is comparable to Palmetto's. The difference is the sales tax. Are you suggesting that I eat the sales tax? Why should local merchants suffer because the Internet is a tax-free zone? It's unfair competition. It's hurting communities and it needs to change.

I've got no problem doing transfers. I do them all the time. It's not pure profit, though. There are expenses associated with transfers. Employees don't work for free, you know.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 1:56:05 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like a good day.

Not really. A 5 figure purchase is exceedingly rare . We made a little and freed up some capital that was in a somewhat stagnant item .So alls good

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 1:59:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Again, my price is comparable to Palmetto's. The difference is the sales tax. Are you suggesting that I eat the sales tax? Why should local merchants suffer because the Internet is a tax-free zone? It's unfair competition. It's hurting communities and it needs to change.

I've got no problem doing transfers. I do them all the time. It's not pure profit, though. There are expenses associated with transfers. Employees don't work for free, you know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't include sales tax when I'm trying to determine whether or not I'm going to buy local or transfer in from an out of state retailer/distributor.  Taxes are something the local shop can't help.  That said, I've been to several shops where I walked in...looked at a $599 G19 through the display case, and walked right back out (before I was eligible for blue label pricing).  I've also walked into a shop who was selling blue label Glocks for $50 more than they were supposed to be.

Sounds like your prices are fair...but you assume other shops are doing the same.  I've told friends not to buy handgun X right now because the mark up was 30-40%.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 2:00:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

He's already said that he'd rather a customer come in 5 or 6 times, finger fuck his guns, have to wipe them down after each time, waste 10-15 minutes each time that customer walks in, then do the 4473 + ink and phone call so he can get his, instead of taking $20 and doing the NICS check.
View Quote

Don't forget how much I enjoy having Buster Busybody whispering in my potential customer's ear and telling him what my competition charges . . .
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 2:00:56 PM EDT
[#50]
All gun shops need a large print poster sized copy of the Constitution on the wall, with a giant illuminating magnifying glass on a chain in front of it, with great big red arrow pointing at the 2nd Amendment, and when people whine like this make them come over to it, hand them the giant magnifying glass, and tell them "1. Please find the word "Hunting". [pause for a few seconds] 2. WHEN you don't find it, ask yourself why - during the endless drafts, debates, and votes over this very issue, at both the federal and multiple state levels, by the best educated legal minds then and since in numerous cases, including by the Supreme Court just a few years ago - that the word "hunting" was clearly decided to not be relevant."
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top