Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:36:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
with the exception of fraternal commitments (that are minimal). my wife is invited to go everywhere and do everything with me. the "I" became "WE" when that ring went on m finger.

separate fun time for you will lead to separate fun time for her.
View Quote

You say that like it's a bad thing.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:37:26 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

If you can't openly discuss things like that with the wife without worrying about her reaction there are issues.
View Quote
This! Combined with no sex, ugh.

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:41:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Every guy who has ever told me "And no she is not invited." and "she was talkative and in a great mood." after being told that, has ended up unhappy.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:41:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Maybe you and the OP can legally marry someday.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Originally Posted By KC-130 FLT ENG:
O.P...

If she's flipping you attitude about going hunting it's a shit test. You need to keep firm on your commitment to your dad and go on the trip.  She subconciously wants to see you stand up to her and call the shots in the relationship. That will signal that she did pick the right mate (because women do want to be led) and will lead to welcome sex.

If you cave in and try to supplicate your wife you set a pattern of behavior that she will begin to look at you with contempt. Contempt will slam her vag shut tighter than a clam and eventually lead to your divorce.

Maybe you and the OP can legally marry someday.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Que????
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:44:48 AM EDT
[#5]
So you have been married for 1  1/2 years, did you not do the trip last year?   These hunting trips have never came up during normal conversation before?  Sounds like you need to COMMUNICATE better.  

Edit, after reading the rest of the thread-You sir are fucked.  

No sex life, intimacy hugs?  I'm sure se is getting "it" somewhere, and apparently it's not from you.  I would put money on it that she is going to bail once she gets her degree.  Sorry dude......

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:46:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Every guy who has ever told me "And no she is not invited." and "she was talkative and in a great mood." after being told that, has ended up unhappy.
View Quote

I didn't tell her she was not invited. We will be at a private hunting lodge. There will be my dad uncle and cousin. She doesn't want to be the only woman there. She There is little phone reception, no internet. That's her definition of hell
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:48:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Post deleted. Good luck.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:48:36 AM EDT
[#8]
I wouldn't think about planning a trip like that (hanging out with family) without inviting my wife along... she is family after all.
Though to be honest, my wife is happy to sit next to me in the deer stand all day with her camera, and we usually get some really awesome photos.
OP, you need to sit down and figure out how to make some time with your wife... It sounds like the both of you are being worn down by life, and now you've made plans to ditch her so you can have fun by yourself.. Don't do that unless you can justify taking some time with her.

And whatever you do, DO NOT take the advice of the guy above me.. Selfishness is not something that you can bring into a marriage and have it last for the duration.

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:51:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Good looking lady in her prime "too tired" for sex? Thread is either bs or your shit is falling apart and you don't even know it. Where you two high school sweethearts married young by chance?
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:52:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Uh you should probably have discussed this like big people before you committed to the trip then found your testicles
and said hey wife, if you don't have anything planned already between (insert leaving date here and insert returning date here)
If not Dad and I are going to go hunting..  
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:53:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Should've brought her along early on.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:55:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You really have to ask us if your wife respects you or not?

If she respected you, she wouldn't:
a.) Ask you to take this photo (if it was her idea)
or
b.) Allow you to take this photo (if it was your idea)

http://i.imgur.com/REs8RP2.jpg
View Quote

Oh. My. God.

My S.O. gets pissy when I go hunting but she damn sure has more respect for me than to do something like the above.  Just wow.  You are in trouble .......do not stay in denial.  You are playing this out EXACTLY as my first marriage went (lasted 2 years.)  It's so much the same that I actually do not like you very much for making me relive the mistakes I made .

Listen to those who asked about her college funding, the Dolly World/no sex bullshit.  I lived it and it cost me a bunch of money.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:57:06 AM EDT
[#13]
sometimes men only hunting trips with family are the best time spent.

if she isn't completely cool with that as normalcy, she is broken and cannot be fixed.
ohh that no sex thing wouldn't work out either.

no amount of Dr Phil can fix that BS.

99% of stable marriages I know deal with men who are hunters and are gone alot in the fall and winter. I just this thread to my wife and her reply walking down the hall was "GOOOD GRIEFFFFF, GO HUNTING..."

man up.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:58:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Don't wait to tell her.

Make sure she takes her own killer trip.

I get my 3 striped bass trips a year, she gets her overnight horse trips with her friends and shopping trips with her sisters.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:59:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I have been married a year and a half. I like to deer hunt and usually go with my dad on a trip to Georgia (paradise) after Christmas. I have known for over a month that we get to go this year and committed to go. I just did not want to tell my wife because she doesn't understand that I need my own time. I dropped the bomb last night and told her. She simply said "you get to do all the fun trips" and walked off. The rest of the night was better than usual, she was talkative and in a great mood. anybody else dread telling the wife stuff like this? And no she is not invited.
<a href="http://s197.photobucket.com/user/casexx6383/media/Amanda/935355_593667040652240_856243861_n.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa257/casexx6383/Amanda/935355_593667040652240_856243861_n.jpg</a>
View Quote

no problem.

she needs her own time away from you too. after your back from hunting, and working again, she could run to daytona beach and have some fun.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:59:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Nope. My wife would be relieved.
View Quote

same here.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:01:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Seriously, send her off to do something fun with family/friends. I've sent my wife home a few times when we were in DC, and it really helped her unwind and gave me breathing room. If she feels like you "always get the fun trips", it either means you ought to pay in a few fun things for her, or maybe take her on a fun trip.

Don't be worried, but take an oportunity to do something really cool for her.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:01:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Good looking lady in her prime "too tired" for sex? Thread is either bs or your shit is falling apart and you don't even know it. Where you two high school sweethearts married young by chance?
View Quote

We were, going on our tenth year and only 25/24
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:05:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And now I'm sure you are reading some script of how my 1st marriage went...........  

How much longer till she gets her degree?  Will it allow her to make quite a bit more money?  More than you make?

Separate checking and savings accounts?
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:05:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Go on your trip.  Don't ask your wife's permission.  Don't act like it is a big deal, because it's NOT.  You are the man of the house, act like it.  Your wife will respect you more.

However, let her do fun things too that she likes (and make sure she has money for them)!

(and if I were you, I'd take her along).
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:06:39 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I gave her over a months notice. We don't do much anymore in the way of fun activities, she works 40 hours a week and goes to school full time. She is to tired to engage in any fun activities including sex. I do my share then some, cooking, laundry, cleaning, 3 dogs, so she has less on her. We don't have kids yet (no sex). My dad is getting older and I just want to take time to get these trips in while I can.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa257/casexx6383/Amanda/church.jpg
View Quote

None of that sounds good.

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:09:54 AM EDT
[#22]
I do make more money, I do make sure she has money. She can go anywhere she wants and I encourage it. She will finish degree in a year and it will even salary's up for now. Her birth control killed her sex drive and she knows it's a problem we talk about it a lot. She is consulting her doctor about stopping it. All funds are in one account.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:10:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

and only been married 1.5years?

son, I have some really bad news for you...
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:10:54 AM EDT
[#24]

She loves to frog gig with me
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:12:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Be careful OP, if she feels like you are always having fun and her friends are always having fun, she may want to have fun like everyone else, I have seen this before in my first marriage

That cost me a shit ton of $$$$

Remember this:

She has "only been with you" since she was 14/15 and hasn't had the time/experiences to explore life and party and being in prime time for sex, yet she doesn't want it (nothing at DW)

How long does a bubble bath, snacks, a bottle of wine and some time on a date night take? leave reality behind and spend 2hrs together.....you can always make 2 hrs a week if you want to.

...just be careful that is the only advise I can give

going on 15 great years with my current and last wife best thing...we are best friends and each get our own time...even tho' we like to spend time together

good luck
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:14:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s197.photobucket.com/user/casexx6383/media/Amanda/IMG_20140525_213050_8061.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa257/casexx6383/Amanda/IMG_20140525_213050_8061.jpg</a>

She loves to frog gig with me
View Quote

who doesnt like gigging????
my wife just won't take them off the gig.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:18:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I dunno, my wife and I don't do "alone time". I married her because I like to be with her.
View Quote

this, I have trouble when I can't see her.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:18:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Nope, we each give eachother alone time... she loves me, and loves spending time with me... but soemtimes she likes to have some time by herself with friends... me too... so we make that happen for eachother... We dont get why this is a big deal for people
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:19:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Nope. My wife would be relieved.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:19:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
We are saving our money right now for a Disney world trip because she wants to. She picks the vacation every year. Things are tight right now, we have intimacy hugs, kisses, and she treats me right. She is just to tired and busy for much more.  We usually spend every Saturday on the road.  Last week we went to cades cove, and Dollywood.
View Quote

I gotta tell you, OP: if I were too busy and tired to have sex on a regular basis and I had a free Saturday, going to Dollywood would be a distant second to getting my brains fucked loose.

I'd give your marriage a year.  Tops.  I could be wrong though; some people have a higher tolerance for unhappy relationships than I do.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:20:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
My wife hunts with me, so she would be going along, hell she killed bigger bucks than me this year...

Chris
View Quote

We go as family.  Me, wife, daughter and son.  Except for my mom.  She stays and watched the house, horse, and cat.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:22:05 AM EDT
[#32]
You are going to leave her to go sit in the woods? are you freaking crazy?
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:23:03 AM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

"The Army said they could get me in the Para Olympics."

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:23:32 AM EDT
[#34]
LOL, my wife hunts, sometimes by herself, sometimes with the kids, and sometimes with me.
And I do the same, plus sometimes w/ family and friends.

Everyone needs me time and us time.

SHe didn't know this going in?
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:26:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Is there an opposite fo the "ignore" feature?  So when someone starts a new thread you get a im, text, amber alert on the tv, etc?

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:38:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
. She is to tired to engage in any fun activities including sex. I do my share then some, cooking, laundry, cleaning, 3 dogs, so she has less on her.
View Quote

[rolf2]

Not only are you whipped silly, she's got you fooled. Sorry OP, hope you do better next time.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:39:20 AM EDT
[#37]
If you have time to dress your dogs up for a doggy birthday party photo shoot, you have time to have sex.

lol at birth control excuse.  She supposedly knows it's what's killing her sex drive, wants to stop taking it, but has to "talk to her doctor first."  Has she scheduled an appointment yet?  Oh, that's right, she's too busy to go to the doctor...
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:47:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

OP's description was "40 hours per week working plus full time school".  

No sex is a perfectly reasonable outcome of pulling that kind of load.  If OP picked up the slack financially and allowed her to focus on wrapping up school, he'd be back in business in no time.

That would be my personal recommendation.  Convince her to roll back to part time or no time unless it's career suicide or something.  

Worked for me.  I freed up my wife's bandwidth in a similar way and life got good.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:52:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
(A)nybody else dread telling the wife stuff like this?
View Quote

No, I don't have to put up with shit like that.

Quoted:
She is to tired to engage in any fun activities including sex. I do my share then some, cooking, laundry, cleaning, 3 dogs, so she has less on her. We don't have kids yet (no sex).
View Quote

I certainly don't have to put up with shit like that.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:53:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Her birth control killed her sex drive and she knows it's a problem we talk about it a lot. She is consulting her doctor about stopping it.
View Quote

Consulting? Why?

You just stop taking it.

My wife and I have been doing NFP for a while. We also have 0 kids. It requires a lot of communication between the couple but it sounds like you need that anyway.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/nov/19/women-pill-partner-hormonal-impacts-contraceptive-medicine?CMP=fb_gu

As an aside, years ago and before we became much better Catholics, my wife tried the pill. Same exact reaction. Killed her drive and she literally stopped being attracted to me. All within two weeks of starting to take it. She threw it all away and was back to normal shortly after. Get her off it and do it quick.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:57:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Consulting? Why?

You just stop taking it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Her birth control killed her sex drive and she knows it's a problem we talk about it a lot. She is consulting her doctor about stopping it.

Consulting? Why?

You just stop taking it.

Because her "busy schedule" excuse only covers weekdays.  Gotta have a second excuse to cover all those weekends off.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:57:17 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
My wife hunts with me, so she would be going along, hell she killed bigger bucks than me this year...

Chris
View Quote

This. I love my wife.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:00:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Attractive healthy-seeming young wife.
Too tired for sex.
Hearing you're going to be gone for a weekend puts her in a good mood.

Sounds legit, good luck on the hunt.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:03:59 PM EDT
[#44]
"No time for sex"

What ? She doesn't have 30 seconds to spare?. Better start hitting it before  she moves someplace else
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:06:14 PM EDT
[#45]
If you aren't having sex, something is very wrong.  Sorry, but it's true

eTA.  If we are busy and short on time, my wife just bends over the counter in the bathroom and takes care of me.  There is no such thing as not enough time and too tired for sex.  Otherwise she is just a roommate.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:08:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I gotta tell you, OP: if I were too busy and tired to have sex on a regular basis and I had a free Saturday, going to Dollywood would be a distant second to getting my brains fucked loose.

I'd give your marriage a year.  Tops.  I could be wrong though; some people have a higher tolerance for unhappy relationships than I do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We are saving our money right now for a Disney world trip because she wants to. She picks the vacation every year. Things are tight right now, we have intimacy hugs, kisses, and she treats me right. She is just to tired and busy for much more.  We usually spend every Saturday on the road.  Last week we went to cades cove, and Dollywood.

+1

This thread is one stop shopping for every beta male wallet stereotype you'd ever be looking to find. I'm literally cringing and facepalming uncontrollably at this shit Im reading.

OP, if you are a real person and not a troll, get your fat ass in shape and start fucking your woman with intent to maim. Regularly. Don't ask, just fucking do it. And stop feeling guilty for going off to do man shit every once in a while. Jesus Christ what the hell is this world coming to.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:08:58 PM EDT
[#47]

My wife acts just like your wife.

When I go hunting or something like that for a day or 2, she tells me that I get to do all the fun stuff while she sits at home by herself, and that she never gets to go anywhere or do anything.

So far this year, I have:

I went to west Texas and met a couple ARFcommers. 5 hour drive there and a 5 hour drive back in the same day.

Went to Dallas to see my friend from my platoon get married, 2 hour drive there and 2 hour drive back in the same day.

I went deer hunting once this year....and it was just a for the morning. Every time I want to do something, somehow she gets sick or has some aliment.

So far this year, she has:

Went to Destin, FL for a week-long vacation trip - without me

Went to Disney World for a week - without me

Womens are

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:10:36 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

with the exception of fraternal commitments (that are minimal). my wife is invited to go everywhere and do everything with me. the "I" became "WE" when that ring went on m finger.

separate fun time for you will lead to separate fun time for her.
View Quote

Yup.  She laid the groundwork with her comment.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:12:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Her birth control killed her sex drive and she knows it's a problem we talk about it a lot. She is consulting her doctor about stopping it. All funds are in one account.
View Quote

Okay, my previous comment might be rescinded since I saw this one...sorry for not reading through.

Same thing happened with my wife.  Great sex life, started a new type of BC, BAM...overnight complete loss of sex drive.  I think it may actually be getting back to normal...almost 15 years later.

Good luck and be patient, man, it's tough, but you'll be fine as long as the relationship is based on more than the nookie.

I wouldn't have made it without the kids.  If people measured by how many attempts were made to conceive, I'd be one of the world's top-rated egg snipers.  
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:14:14 PM EDT
[#50]
What days are you going hunting, exactly?

also, what is your address?
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top