Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 6:45:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Guy at work has one. I had my doubts about it and had to see it work for myself. Went out to a suburban with a completly dead battery and had been towed in.
Hooked it up and everything came on bright! Vehicle had an extended crank to start but it kept turning the engine with no propblems.Truly impressed by the little
bastard. Soon as I can, gonna buy myself one.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:07:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:14:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Isn't technology cool or what
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:44:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's lipo so its volatility makes it a very poor choice for a hybrid.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't believe that will have the power to start a V8 truck engine in 0F weather.

If it is good enough to do that then the battery storage issue with hybrids has a solution.

I did not read reviews or a unbiased lab test but I am skeptical.

Like gasoline volatile?
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:47:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Like gasoline volatile?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't believe that will have the power to start a V8 truck engine in 0F weather.

If it is good enough to do that then the battery storage issue with hybrids has a solution.

Like gasoline volatile?

If the lithium gets wet, yes.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:13:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like gasoline volatile?

You kind of missed my point. Anything that provides enough energy to move a vehicle has inherent volatility. The means with which the energy source become volatile is different for each, but you don't get energy without risk.  Also piercing LiPo battery with metal is good to start a fire also. Watched an idiot pierce one here at work and nearly caught his desk on fire.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:26:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:56:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Check out the NOCO genius gb30. More expensive. Higher rating and reviews. States able to start v8 engines. Works great. I found it on sale for under a hundred dollars. Wish I bought more.

http://www.amazon.com/NOCO-GB30-UltraSafe-Lithium-Starter/dp/B00M1OUBES/ref=sr_1_sc_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1416416141&sr=1-2-spell&keywords=Genus+G30
View Quote

Thebeerslayer did a quick review on this unit and gave it two thumbs up. He does drink though
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:00:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I seen one of these start a v-8 chevy with a stone dead battery, never would have believed it if i didn't see it.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 9:28:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Based on this thread, I decided to buy one.  I've had it now about 2 weeks or so.  I leave the building tonight to head to my car and a coworker stops me to see if I have jumper cables since his battery is dead.

I laugh and pull this thing out.  I initially tried hooking negative up to a fender but that didn't work so I hooked it straight up to the negative terminal and his car started right up.  

I think I blew his mind when I pulled my Surefire E1B out of my pants pocket so I could see to hook the cables up.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top