This
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ill get one to SBR... IF:

-I can get the OEM stock

-I can get 30 round mags (vs the 20 rounders they sell with the semi-auto variant).

This

Bingo.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:54:40 AM EDT
[#6]
I was just debating building a 9mm vs .300blk AR, for hunting on my small farm. This may be the best bet!
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:57:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

plus once these come out and people make aftermarket parts how can you tell if generic part A is American or imported.
View Quote

There are these guys called "firearm and toolmark examiners" who are pretty good at that. ATF employs a bunch of them.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:59:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I can order a stock from out of country can't I
View Quote

Sure, but that doesn't fix the 922(r) issue. In fact, the record of you importing it directly (as opposed to buying one from a U.S. seller and not knowing it was "imported") is the kind of evidence the government would love to have if it decided to start pursuing the 922(r) issue.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:01:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Sure, but that doesn't fix the 922(r) issue. In fact, the record of you importing it directly (as opposed to buying one from a U.S. seller and not knowing it was "imported") is the kind of evidence the government would love to have if it decided to start pursuing the 922(r) issue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aren't you just a ray of sunshine to brighten our morning.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:02:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I was under the impression 922r only applied to "sporting firearms" and that NFA registered guns were not "sporting";ergo parts compliance is a non-issue?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:03:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I was under the impression 922r only applied to "sporting firearms" and that NFA registered guns were not "sporting";ergo parts compliance is a non-issue?
View Quote

There's letters that say that and there's letters that don't. This is because the BATF is best compared to your expensive high maintenance bi-polar girlfriend who's burnt more than one house down.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:04:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I deal in reality, not sunshine. Also, don't mistake my statements of reality as an endorsement of the law or ATF's interpretation(s).
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:04:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

It specifically applies to NON-sporting firearms, as I already pointed out and explained in this thread.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1688088_CZ_skorpian_evo_and_bren_approved_for_import.html&page=6#i50481411
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:14:30 PM EDT
[#14]
I just tried the only the best facebook page again and it appears they took down the Evo and Bren info...unless I just couldn't find it. Anyone else have any other dealers who will be selling these?  A PM would be just fine. Thanks much.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:14:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Guys, doing a SBR build would be difficult, as SBRs built on imported guns are required to have all the stupid USA compliance parts.  I don't know where you could get those.

The Sig brace though would NOT require all that garbage, and is the way to go.
View Quote

You are wrong.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:16:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You are wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Guys, doing a SBR build would be difficult, as SBRs built on imported guns are required to have all the stupid USA compliance parts.  I don't know where you could get those.

The Sig brace though would NOT require all that garbage, and is the way to go.

You are wrong.

Why is he wrong? Be specific, with citations.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:17:20 PM EDT
[#17]
I really don't like the looks, so I'm still going to get an MPX.  Nice to see another option.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:23:01 PM EDT
[#18]
I was under the impression all SBRs were immune from 922.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:25:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So..... converting to a rifle? As I understand it doesn't require paperwork? I'm probably wrong.
View Quote

You'd likely have to have a barrel custom made.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:28:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I deal in reality, not sunshine. Also, don't mistake my statements of reality as an endorsement of the law or ATF's interpretation(s).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reality huh? When was the last time some bubba was charged with 922(r) for putting an AK together in his basement?

922(r) is only very infrequently used as an add on charge.

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:28:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

A lot of people are under that impression, due to internet mongering growing out of an ATF letter that is now 20 years old. The problem is that the text of the law itself, the clearly recorded intent of Congress, and a 2009 ATF letter, all say otherwise.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:29:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Reality huh? When was the last time some bubba was charged with 922(r) for putting an AK together in his basement?

922(r) is only very infrequently used as an add on charge.

View Quote

Lots of things become possible when one subscribes to the "it's only a crime if I get caught" theory of life.

If you want to rely on the Leviathan State's heretofore minimal enforcement as your justification, knock yourself out. Personally, I don't trust the Leviathan.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:30:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

There are these guys called "firearm and toolmark examiners" who are pretty good at that. ATF employs a bunch of them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

plus once these come out and people make aftermarket parts how can you tell if generic part A is American or imported.

Guess I'll need to get one,  send parts for scanning,  then cut identical parts on a cnc machine and make money.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:32:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

ATF changed their mind.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:32:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Guess I'll need to get one,  send parts for scanning,  then cut identical parts on a cnc machine and make money.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go for it. I haven't even bothered to attempt a parts count analysis on these, but it may not be that hard. Who knows.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:35:58 PM EDT
[#26]
sold sold sold sold sold

i so want one so bad

hell i will even spring for my first sbr for this asap
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:47:15 PM EDT
[#27]
I like the scorpion, but I really want a full length bren rifle..
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:55:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Unless CZ replicates what FN did to import the SCAR, I don't see that happening anytime soon.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 1:12:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

order me one.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 1:32:01 PM EDT
[#30]
I've have had 6 Cz's. All have been trash.  I am building a BFONG from a Scorpion kit.  At least if I build it I know wit will work - full auto with no paperwork on a shit company design FTW.

Carlos the Jakel was the luckiest SOB on earth if his Cz's worked.  I have had 5+. All have been lemons.  No way that in my 20+ years of collecting mil surps that [b]only[/b] CZ firearms have been the only firearms that have been trash EVERY time.

I'll buy the kits and build them myself - I wouldn't trust them to build a bicycle.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 1:34:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you know how many parts are required for compliance there is no ban against using foreign stock as long as you make up for it with other parts.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 1:34:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Well IANAL but dbrowne is correct.   922 applies to title 1 & 2 weapons in the mind of the ATF, regardless of whether you can make a legitimate argument to the contrary.   That means that they will pursue the issue against you in court if they want to.   Do they want to?  That is another argument in and of itself.  If they do, you will lose your firearm in a best case scenario and pay twenty times more than its worth in legal bills in a worst case scenario.   The ATF is full of cocksuckers and there isnt much we can do about that.  

However, if 922 compliance is easy, its all a moot point, right?   Do any of our european members have one they can strip down for us and help with the parts count?   I know its blowback, but does it have a "trunnion" or a "barrel extension"?    10 imported parts off the list is the magic number.  If the Evo imported parts count quote of 12 is accurate (seems low to me) then someone like Manticore could supply 922 parts and make a few bucks doing it.   Followers, floorplates and hammers are usually the easiest, but I dont think too many folks here are familiar with the Evo innards.  
27 C.F.R. 478.39 lists 20 parts:

(1) Frames, receivers, receiver castings, forgings or stampings     Evo has at least 1

(2) Barrels             1

(3) Barrel extensions

(4) Mounting blocks (trunions)

(5) Muzzle attachments       1

(6) Bolts       1

(7) Bolt carriers    

(8) Operating rods

(9) Gas pistons

(10) Trigger housings

(11) Triggers   1

(12) Hammers   1, I dont think its striker fired

(13) Sears       1

(14) Disconnectors    

(15) Butt stocks

(16) Pistol grips

(17) Forearms, hand guards

(18) Magazine bodies   1

(19) Followers             1

(20) Floorplates         1

The rest of the stuff, Im not too sure about.   The pistol grip seems to be part of the frame, the butt stock may or may not be available at all.  Does it have a traditional disconnector?   Is the forearm removable?  It doesnt appear to be.   Gas piston?  Probably not.  Carrier?   I dont know.  

I count 9 parts now, not having one in front of me.  

922 might not turn out to be a big deal, especially for those who are patient enough to wait for a few US parts.  

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 1:37:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

it will take about 6 months for there to be a shitload of new american made parts for that thing if they get popular.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 1:38:57 PM EDT
[#34]
i want in .308 that takes glock mags, man those would sell like hot cakes
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 1:48:21 PM EDT
[#35]
OST
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 1:50:36 PM EDT
[#36]
So what is the deal with these?  I have about them and seen pictures before, but that is about it.  Are they supposed to be in the league of MP5's as far as quality goes?  Or is it just the excitement of something we assumed we would never be able to have, and no we realize we might be able to get one?
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 1:51:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
This fucking place makes me want shit I didnt even know I wanted.  Wait, that makes no sense..... my head is spinning, I need to sit down.
View Quote

Man, I feel the exact same way!  
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 1:54:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Unless CZ replicates what FN did to import the SCAR, I don't see that happening anytime soon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

killer of dreams
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 2:07:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

So you know how many parts are required for compliance there is no ban against using foreign stock as long as you make up for it with other parts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well yes, no shit. Obviously if you swap enough parts for domestically produced ones, then 922(r) isn't an issue. That's the whole point. I'm addressing the people/argument that seem to think that you can just toss a stock on something like these guns, do your Form 1, and call it a day.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 2:09:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Well yes, no shit. Obviously if you swap enough parts for domestically produced ones, then 922(r) isn't an issue. That's the whole point. I'm addressing the people/argument that seem to think that you can just toss a stock on something like these guns, do your Form 1, and call it a day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got ya.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 2:34:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it anyone importing the stock or just an owner that matters. I don't get anything shipped to where I live or in my real name
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 3:11:16 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Is it anyone importing the stock or just an owner that matters. I don't get anything shipped to where I live or in my real name
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 3:33:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That wont raise any flags
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 3:56:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's anybody who assembles, from imported parts, a semiautomatic rifle or shotgun that is not suitable or readily adaptable for sporting purposes and would otherwise be banned from import. That's what the law says. Doesn't matter who imports which part and what name they use. If you assemble it, you're on the hook if somebody figures that out and decides to make an example of you.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 4:29:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In my experience, all the companies that make US made 922r compliance parts very clearly mark the parts usa just for that purpose.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 4:53:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

In my experience, all the companies that make US made 922r compliance parts very clearly mark the parts usa just for that purpose.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since ATF determined that finishing(colorizing or heat treating) a firearm requires a license, couldn't getting the parts recoated make the part become domestic?
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 4:54:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Since ATF determined that finishing(colorizing or heat treating) a firearm requires a license, couldn't getting the parts recoated make the part become domestic?
View Quote

I like the cut of your jib. Unfortunately, ATF probably won't.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:15:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been through all that with the ATF since I have an 07 FFL with the originally intended purpose of refinishing. They had interesting things to say about it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:30:36 PM EDT
[#49]
LOL at all of you who got wet in your panties thinking the Evo 3 was going to sell for $800

The MSRP isn't $870...it's actually $1,870

"MSRP will be $1,870 and will be released as a pistol without the stock."
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/11/21/cz-scorpion-evo3-2015-import/
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:33:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
LOL at all of you who got wet in your panties thinking the Evo 3 was going to sell for $800

The MSRP isn't $870...it's actually $1,870

"MSRP will be $1,870 and will be released as a pistol without the stock."
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/11/21/cz-scorpion-evo3-2015-import/
View Quote

A blog says "supposedly" $1870.
The actual distributor says $849.
Hrmmm
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top