BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 9:53:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We just got home and got my son to bed, so I wanted to thank everyone that made this weekend possible. Y'all did a hell of a job and made one happy little man. He asked me today if we could go back to Cola Warrior next Sunday. He also had to tell us that he was a Cola Warrior now about every 15 minutes or so for the ride home.

It's amazing to me how something like this comes together. You've got a group of people that rag all over each other online, but it's like old friends around a campfire. The concept is so crazy, but does so much good. Hell, Cola Warrior is what motivated me to start getting back into shape and my wife is already talking about going back to weekly range trips. It's easy to lie to yourself and say you've still got it, but the obstacles, the run, the shooting, and the chug kick you in the nuts with the steel-toed boot of truth.

So once again to Surveyor, Crow, Trojy, Snakeskin, P_more and anyone else I'm forgetting, thank you so much. Thanks to all of the sponsors too, but I will post in their forums and let them know I appreciate it with future orders.

View Quote

Mad props to your young Cola Warrior. It was awesome that he came up to me a little while after his run to tell me he beat Sylvan and show me his tattoo. Cool kid and he was very respectful/nice to my boy.

Super excited for my boy to be old enough to run after seeing that.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 9:55:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 11/9/2014 9:55:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Aren't you supposed to be telling me to just focus on cardio or something since I'm closing in on being real competition.
View Quote

I don't want you to die by tire.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 9:57:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It was nice to meet you and your family. The steely-eyed look your little man had during his run was awesome.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We just got home and got my son to bed, so I wanted to thank everyone that made this weekend possible. Y'all did a hell of a job and made one happy little man. He asked me today if we could go back to Cola Warrior next Sunday. He also had to tell us that he was a Cola Warrior now about every 15 minutes or so for the ride home.

It's amazing to me how something like this comes together. You've got a group of people that rag all over each other online, but it's like old friends around a campfire. The concept is so crazy, but does so much good. Hell, Cola Warrior is what motivated me to start getting back into shape and my wife is already talking about going back to weekly range trips. It's easy to lie to yourself and say you've still got it, but the obstacles, the run, the shooting, and the chug kick you in the nuts with the steel-toed boot of truth.

So once again to Surveyor, Crow, Trojy, Snakeskin, P_more and anyone else I'm forgetting, thank you so much. Thanks to all of the sponsors too, but I will post in their forums and let them know I appreciate it with future orders.

It was nice to meet you and your family. The steely-eyed look your little man had during his run was awesome.  

Good to meet you too. He's all business when you decides to do something. We told him tonight that there will be other kids after his title next time, so I know he's going to be asking me to set up a mini Cola Warrior course here so he can train.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 9:59:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Good to meet you too. He's all business when you decides to do something. We told him tonight that there will be other kids after his title next time, so I know he's going to be asking me to set up a mini Cola Warrior course here so he can train.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sir!  Sir! you need to fix me a course!!!!!

Link Posted: 11/9/2014 10:01:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

When the little guy ran and Skyshark showed up with his it made me really miss my little guy.  Can't wait to see him tomorrow.

Now lift some weights.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When the little guy ran and Skyshark showed up with his it made me really miss my little guy.  Can't wait to see him tomorrow.

Now lift some weights.

I was just thinking that myself.  Missing my wife and kids is the hardest thing about it.  
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 10:03:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aren't you supposed to be telling me to just focus on cardio or something since I'm closing in on being real competition.

That tire is going to get it next time. What "it" is remains to be seen.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 10:06:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Mad props to your young Cola Warrior. It was awesome that he came up to me a little while after his run to tell me he beat Sylvan and show me his tattoo. Cool kid and he was very respectful/nice to my boy.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really didn't expect them to go all out like that for him to run. I was just going to run him through the obstacles really quickly when everyone was done. Having the mini obstacles set up was awesome. Those guys went above and beyond what I ever expected.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 10:07:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Thanks again to the organizers, and the awesome sponsors. After I took this picture I promptly went out and installed the rail, THANK YOU GEISSLE. Thanks to ESSTAC for the pouch, SKD for the patches, and Magpul for the pmag. Also thanks to Surveyors buddy that did the food, I must've had 2 lbs of barbeque Friday night.

Link Posted: 11/9/2014 10:08:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LMAO!
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 10:10:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's good to get them started young. Before you know it, your little one will be out there dragging water jugs behind him!
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 10:11:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Thanks again to the organizers, and the awesome sponsors. After I took this picture I promptly went out and installed the rail, THANK YOU GEISSLE. Thanks to ESSTAC for the pouch, SKD for the patches, and Magpul for the pmag. Also thanks to Surveyors buddy that did the food, I must've had 2 lbs of barbeque Friday night.

http://i.imgur.com/jUyrI22.jpg
View Quote

I think we're going to require pics of the rail installed on the rifle as well.  
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 10:13:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/9/2014 10:17:15 PM EDT
[#14]
I had a decent run going, my feet slipped about 3ft from touching the branch, and my arms were too gassed to finish it. Then took the 30 minute penalty on the chug.

Link Posted: 11/9/2014 10:17:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Star of the show. I'm really glad you brought him, and I hope we get more of that kind of thing in future events. I personally have never been married or had any kids, but everyone else setting this up does. I hope going forward we get more of them involved, because getting them young is key, and ultimately we're a great big extended family spread across North America anyways (seriously...I can't even say "U.S." One of my favorite CW's is some bagged-milk drinking weirdo up in America's hat.)

Link Posted: 11/9/2014 10:21:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Good, I thought it was too easy.

Yeah, we'll be back next year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just figured it out -- the low crawl is an electric fence, isn't it?  

Yep. We'll lower it next year, but I got a much stronger charger than I ordered.

Make it low enough so that Shedevil can't walk under it, OK?

lol...it'll be a real deal low crawl with a twist next year.

Good, I thought it was too easy.

Yeah, we'll be back next year.

That caber will be my bitch next year!
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 10:22:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s1240.photobucket.com/user/b-stitch/media/CWE2/CWE11_zpsca91a9e4.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg482/b-stitch/CWE2/CWE11_zpsca91a9e4.jpg</a>
View Quote

I'm pretty sure i just found my xmas card pics, I had an absolute blast and just want to say thanks again to everyone who made it happen and to all the other CWE vets who took time to make me feel welcome and part of the group after just showing up without really being on the threads, Im def a cola warrior convert for life
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 10:25:48 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/jUyrI22.jpg

I can make that happen. Quick and dirty with the cell camera.

Link Posted: 11/9/2014 10:34:09 PM EDT
[#19]
YouTube won't let me upload my GoPro video of my Pringle and cheerwine fueled fail run, but I had a blast, and cant wait for next year.

You guys are some great people, and it was super awesome to hang out with you all, short as it was.

I will lift heavy things, and make that caber my wench next year. And also get a pistol that can handle being dunked in Cheerwine  
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 10:36:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
YouTube won't let me upload my GoPro video of my Pringle and cheerwine fueled fail run, but I had a blast, and cant wait for next year.

You guys are some great people, and it was super awesome to hang out with you all, short as it was.

I will lift heavy things, and make that caber my wench next year. And also get a pistol that can handle being dunked in Cheerwine  
View Quote

Vimeo?
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 10:36:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 10:38:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You guys training for specific obstacles, know that CW changes it up every course.
View Quote

No doubt. In the spirit of CW, it does at CWE every year as well.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 10:40:07 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

You guys training for specific obstacles, know that CW changes it up every course.
View Quote
Harsh, but fair.

Link Posted: 11/9/2014 10:40:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 10:42:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I think getting rid of the vertical rope would definitely make it harder - you should do that.  

I mean, TrojanMan is telling everyone how easy it is, so it should be replaced with something hard, like placing something fragile onto a really tall shelf or something.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think getting rid of the vertical rope would definitely make it harder - you should do that.  

I mean, TrojanMan is telling everyone how easy it is, so it should be replaced with something hard, like placing something fragile onto a really tall shelf or something.  

Fantastic idea!!!!
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 10:47:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

#nolegsneeded
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 10:48:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Don't forget to get an AR between now and next year as well. Kudos for the Garand effort.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 10:50:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 10:51:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 10:54:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Nice job sylvan

Those cw shirts are sick.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 11:02:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Congrats to the winners. It looks like everyone had a great time.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 11:05:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 11:14:45 PM EDT
[#33]
lol

How'd you do penalties wise? Great pole position.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 11:27:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I understand the caber got sacrificed in the name of staying warm last night.

GOOD
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 11:36:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

GOOD
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

GOOD

Possibly only in favor of a fresh, longer, heavier piece of tree.

Can't let that thing dry out and lose 20lbs.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 11:49:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 11:51:11 PM EDT
[#37]
turns out the shutter speed was a little off, so a lot were throw-aways for clarity, but there are always a few gems

tease

Link Posted: 11/10/2014 12:38:36 AM EDT
[#38]
CtSmshr's zombie shocker is possibly the best tattoo I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 1:14:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 1:16:07 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Don't forget to get an AR between now and next year as well. Kudos for the Garand effort.
View Quote
And not have the fun of shooting an 11 pound rifle after trying to throw a telephone pole?

If it was good enough to stop fascists and communists, it's good enough for Cola Warrior
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 1:26:10 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
The classy sharktopus is pretty awesome!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

CtSmshr's zombie shocker is possibly the best tattoo I've ever seen.

The classy sharktopus is pretty awesome!  

I now read all of your posts in your voice.  What sort of wizardry have you performed?
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 1:31:55 AM EDT
[#42]
I wish I could have made this . I missed seeing you guys
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 7:48:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Sylvan gots some serious why so serious face going on.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 7:50:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

He's got that target lock on the caber
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 7:51:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He should.

How much time did he spend practising that damned thing?
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 7:59:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

For those who have met him in person, is that the face he makes while discussing the effectiveness of USAF CAS ?
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 8:02:33 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

For those who have met him in person, is that the face he makes while discussing the effectiveness of USAF CAS ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We talked a little about CAS at CW4 and not really much at CWE2. But yes, he get serious.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 8:02:42 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No idea.

He was not discussing CAS much.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 8:04:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Crosspost
If you remember me taking photos of your run, feel free to pm me and I will find a way to get your photos to you
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 8:09:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Crosspost
If you remember me taking photos of your run, feel free to pm me and I will find a way to get your photos to you
View Quote

I don't know if anyone was taking pictures of me except on the puke.
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top