BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 12:32:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was finally able to make an account, I was a +1 this year.  Thanks all members and sponsors for making my first cola warrior a great one.  My only disappointment of the weekend was being only seconds out of the top 10.  I'll be back next year, dedicated to the chug.
View Quote

welcome Grasshoppa

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 10:05:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Oddly enough, the results follow very similar trends as each of the prior Cola Warrior events.  There is a steep curve for both the top 10% (the elites) and bottom 20% (the penalized), but the fatty middle is falls on a nice line.

http://i.imgur.com/UW5O90Y.png
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just realized that finishers 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 - are all within 90 seconds of one another.  Wow.

So there's opportunity to jump a number of spots in the rankings with just slight improvements in time here and there.  Not even talking about the 5 minutes of a penalty, which obviously would make a huge difference, but just being a little faster in transitions, in shooting, in running, in chugging, etc.

Oddly enough, the results follow very similar trends as each of the prior Cola Warrior events.  There is a steep curve for both the top 10% (the elites) and bottom 20% (the penalized), but the fatty middle is falls on a nice line.

http://i.imgur.com/UW5O90Y.png

It definitely falls in a skewed right bell curve with the outliers stacked mostly in the penalized zone.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 12:48:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Mine has a new tattoo as well.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 1:09:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

PICS OR
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 5:14:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Interesting facts about CWE

About the competitors
60 Times Recorded and1 person ran night and day
4Female       54 Males
3  Night Runners
4  Years old was the youngest
16 Years old was the next youngest
49 Years old was the oldest
13People over 40 who ran
33Years old was the average age (youngest not included)
29Cola Warrior Rookies (not anymore)
22Cola Warriors have tattoos and only 1 in the top 10 (so it must not be an advantage)

The Guns used :

Rifles (AR15’s of all types and a few others)        
46 People shot 5.56                                            
9 People shot .223                                              
3 People shot other types (6.8, 7.62 and 30.06)    
2 People shot .308

Pistols (Glock 19 most popular)
44 People shot 9mm
10 People shot .45
6 People shot .40

The Obstacles (in order)
Horizontal Rope: 56 pass  4 failed
Caber: 25 pass 35 failed
Tire Drag: 60 pass
Low Crawl Drag: 60 pass
Vertical Rope:16 pass 44 failed
Peeps: 60 pass
AK: 60 pass
Run: Some were fast some were slow and no one died

8 RifleTargets: 1652 rounds fired at 480 targets and 54 targets were left standing
                        Avg rounds per person was 28 rounds
                        SYLVAN Shot 8 rounds to hit 8 targets (the best)

7 Pistol Targets: 1352 rounds fired at 420 targets and 57 targets were left standing
                          Avg round per person 22
                           MAX THE RABBIT Shot 7 rounds to hit 7 targets (the best)

The Chug: 16 people drank all 72oz of soda. The avg soda penalty was 2.1
                  57 people puked and 3 should have

Penalties: The avg penalty time was at 26.37 minutes

TOP 10
The Obstacles (in order)
Horizontal Rope: 10 pass
Caber: 8   pass  2 failed
Tire Drag: 10 pass
Low Crawl Drag: 10 pass
Vertical Rope:  7 pass  3 failed
Peeps:10 pass
AK: 10 pass
Run: They were faster
8 RifleTargets: 1 target missed
7 Pistol Targets: 1 target missed
The Chug:  only 2 soda penalties 8 out of 10 finished all 72oz
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 5:19:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 5:31:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Surprising.

I think we had a couple 60+ years olds at CW4, to include my dad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Surprising.

Swamp People are a different breed.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 5:50:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Surprising.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Surprising.

Inkies do better in the swamp as well.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 6:09:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I go to sleep every night completely pissed off about my performance at CWE. #RealTalk
I will have my redemption.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 6:10:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 6:11:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I go to sleep every night completely pissed off about my performance at CWE. #RealTalk
View Quote

You should.  Skinny, nerd engineers can chug better than you.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 7:12:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Damn, I was the oldest? CWE3 at 50 sweet!
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 7:18:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

try taking your sweet time and then lose by 30 seconds.

you have no idea.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 7:20:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

You get my mail?
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 8:11:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You get my mail?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You get my mail?

Got it today man. Fucking awesome. Seriously, thank you.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 8:27:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You get my mail?

I do what little I can.
And thank
Locoenginer
Stutzcattle
And the Canuck. They made them happen.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 9:49:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Since Brandon sorted out all of our recorded stats and took the trouble to post them, I'll add this.

I kept track of four times on the course to the range. One of them, I realized didn't matter with obstacle penalties and immediately discarded out of my memory.

The other three stuck with me. I wrote them down on the time cards we kept as the runners hit the range.

Fastest clean runs to the range:

Kaik 7:07
P-More 6:23
Sylvan 5:55

Now Snakeskin can look at the records to correct me if I'm off, but I highly doubt I am.

Kaik struggled with the AK.
P-More shit the bed on the range and lost his focus and fell hard.
Sylvan was a beast, and could have picked up even more time on his pistol shooting, but he was the only perfect shot on the Rifle targets.

Our Marksman of the event was the same as last year. A shame there wasn't a prize for that, because it wasn't blazing fast, but it was something to behold.

MaxTheRabbit took 9 shots on 8 rifle targets and 7 on 7 on the pistols. No one came close to that total round count, and he certainly wasn't slow in doing it.

It was really tight on many different levels, but the difference in 1st and 2nd was a blazing course run and a quick chug. I know Sylvan can and will be faster in the future. His Chug was not one minute, more like 2, and he still smoked everyone. Was able to ask times, and once again never got sick.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 10:29:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Since Brandon sorted out all of our recorded stats and took the trouble to post them, I'll add this.

I kept track of four times on the course to the range. One of them, I realized didn't matter with obstacle penalties and immediately discarded out of my memory.

The other three stuck with me. I wrote them down on the time cards we kept as the runners hit the range.

Now Snakeskin can look at the records to correct me if I'm off, but I highly doubt I am.

Sylvan was a beast, and could have picked up even more time on his pistol shooting, but he was the only perfect shot on the Rifle targets.

Our Marksman of the event was the same as last year. A shame there wasn't a prize for that, because it wasn't blazing fast, but it was something to behold.

MaxTheRabbit took 9 shots on 8 rifle targets and 7 on 7 on the pistols. No one came close to that total round count, and he certainly wasn't slow in doing it.

It was really tight on many different levels, but the difference in 1st and 2nd was a blazing course run and a quick chug. I know Sylvan can and will be faster in the future. His Chug was not one minute, more like 2, and he still smoked everyone. Was able to ask times, and once again never got sick.
View Quote

Yeah, I fucked the AK up some kind of bad.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 10:44:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wish I could have seen it, not to mock you or feel bad for you, but to hear whatever expletives might have crossed your lips.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 10:44:22 PM EDT
[#20]
I love all the analysis. I've got the times from all the previous editions of CW and need to see what the general trends are from year to year.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 10:52:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I love all the analysis. I've got the times from all the previous editions of CW and need to see what the general trends are from year to year.
View Quote

On Snakeskin's suggestions, we decided to officially track more info than ever before (as far as I know.)

It made for some interesting observations. One thing I will say with certainty is that even though we had a 300 swinger, the 250 basically screwed everyone with extremely few exceptions. The light through the forest changed the target every few minutes, and the entire rifle range was as if it was tiger striped camo.  

That 250 took guys that were on a nearly perfect bit of shooting to a whole new level. I spent most of my rifle rounds on it the previous weekend, as did everyone else. It was almost always a hard target, and always required movement to see and shoot. Crow set up an awesome range this year.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 11:23:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

On Snakeskin's suggestions, we decided to officially track more info than ever before (as far as I know.)

It made for some interesting observations. One thing I will say with certainty is that even though we had a 300 swinger, the 250 basically screwed everyone with extremely few exceptions. The light through the forest changed the target every few minutes, and the entire rifle range was as if it was tiger striped camo.  

That 250 took guys that were on a nearly perfect bit of shooting to a whole new level. I spent most of my rifle rounds on it the previous weekend, as did everyone else. It was almost always a hard target, and always required movement to see and shoot. Crow set up an awesome range this year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since I hung out with Surveyor I witnessed this as well and was surprised at how much even the guys with magnified optics were challenged by the 250 target. Definitely a great range and not an easy shoot.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 12:38:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In light of certain other threads happening right now, I feel I should take this opportunity to remind everyone that I am the most-POG 'tank driver' on ARF.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 12:40:37 AM EDT
[#24]
I kept telling Kaik, over and over, "You have to get both rails in.  No, the other side.  Now the other side.  OK, get the first side again..."
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 7:26:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Between pistol and chug I left about a minute out there.

I am going to go back and work on those.  pistol especially.

Didn't realise how fast Pmore was moving.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 11:19:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 11:37:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

There will be NO effort on my part at 5 to record anything but total time with penalties.

In Cola Warriors heart you only have one time, the final time.

Yakrat/Snakeskin are of course free to continue Cola Bureaucrating if they want, because freedom.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There will be NO effort on my part at 5 to record anything but total time with penalties.

Yakrat/Snakeskin are of course free to continue Cola Bureaucrating if they want, because freedom.

I'm a huge nerd, so I actually like the stats.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 11:49:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Cola Warrior NSA.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 12:06:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm fearful that your nerdness has reached critical mass, and its gravitational force is what prevented you from leaving the basement and coming to CWE2.  
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 8:15:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cola Bureaucrating is a freedom
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 8:39:36 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View Quote

Check your privilege, you shitlord

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 8:44:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol...that's the biggest compliment anyone's paid him in a long time.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 9:01:28 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

War is peace!

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 2:24:52 PM EDT
[#34]

I just got the mail a little bit ago.

Thank you VERY much guys.  You all rock!  
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 3:07:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Yep. I received a care package containing some awesome things. Including the only thing I wanted, a YOLO patch. Trojy told me tough titty so I went to SKD. Now I have both colors.

Thanks a lot guys. Really appreciate it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 3:09:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm fearful that your nerdness has reached critical mass, and its gravitational force is what prevented you from leaving the basement and coming to CWE2.  
View Quote

No, that was more my desire to remain employed.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 3:19:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You could have Skyped with Fiver from Cola Warrior while eating white chili made with chicken and white beans, sipping scotch and martinis while sitting next to an AK in a trash can, bladed at 45 degrees from the fire.

You. Could. Have. Had.  GD's.  BABY.

But, hey, if a job really means that much to you, yeah, sure, whatevs.

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 3:37:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Yep. I received a care package containing some awesome things. Including the only thing I wanted, a YOLO patch. Trojy told me tough titty so I went to SKD. Now I have both colors.

View Quote

I THOUGHT I mentioned that you just had to wait so I could see what was left over.

I also could have told you to go fuck yourself.  Of course, I suppose I still can...  

Sorry you weren't able to make it.  We could have used some help drinking all this beer.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 4:08:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I THOUGHT I mentioned that you just had to wait so I could see what was left over.

I also could have told you to go fuck yourself.  Of course, I suppose I still can...  

Sorry you weren't able to make it.  We could have used some help drinking all this beer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You keep saying that like it's some horrible hardship to have 5 kegs of beer.  It's like Bill Gates bitching about having too much money.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 4:11:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You keep saying that like it's some horrible hardship to have 5 kegs of beer.  It's like Bill Gates bitching about having too much money.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's only 3 now.  

You people don't understand what a burden all this privilege is.  
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 5:22:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeh I wish I could've helped. I think I had about 30 cups last year before you pulled the Yueng and told me tough titty that time too.

My vacation starts over in January. Maybe we can plan something around that time or later for me to help you drink more beer.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 8:30:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Next year I'll probably see about setting up a gro-pro or three and trying to find some volunteer camera people. Also, we'll do our best to obtain at least one UTV even if we have to rent it for capturing footage and offering all the poor souls comfortable rides back to the course from the range (even though I know some of you enjoyed playing big spoon with TrojanMan and Crow.)
View Quote

So I planned to video the pukage this year, but obviously I didn't attend. I did get quite a few folks down at CW4, but there was an issue of battery life and digital storage. I was using my Sony HD handy cam and the Pro Duo memory cards are just too damn expensive.

Sooooo, my plan is to use my digital camera and stock up on Black Friday SD cards (cuz I'm cheap) and record the puking that way. I'm telling you, so much footage is just boring stuff of people drinking and looking miserable. You can eat up five minutes of video just for 30 seconds of puking, but you can't not record as there is no way to predict the puke. So, I will be ready for CW5 and CWE3. I have 3 batteries for my Canon PowerShot and I'll have plenty of storage.

I had a wicked time taunting people while they drank.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 9:14:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

So I planned to video the pukage this year, but obviously I didn't attend. I did get quite a few folks down at CW4, but there was an issue of battery life and digital storage. I was using my Sony HD handy cam and the Pro Duo memory cards are just too damn expensive.

Sooooo, my plan is to use my digital camera and stock up on Black Friday SD cards (cuz I'm cheap) and record the puking that way. I'm telling you, so much footage is just boring stuff of people drinking and looking miserable. You can eat up five minutes of video just for 30 seconds of puking, but you can't not record as there is no way to predict the puke. So, I will be ready for CW5 and CWE3. I have 3 batteries for my Canon PowerShot and I'll have plenty of storage.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Next year I'll probably see about setting up a gro-pro or three and trying to find some volunteer camera people. Also, we'll do our best to obtain at least one UTV even if we have to rent it for capturing footage and offering all the poor souls comfortable rides back to the course from the range (even though I know some of you enjoyed playing big spoon with TrojanMan and Crow.)

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 9:34:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've got a Senior seminar econometrics project coming up, what better data set to work with than CW results?

Soon I'll be sending out the survey with questions such as "Why did you go to Cola Warrior?" and "Was it legitimate?"
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 1:38:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I've got a Senior seminar econometrics project coming up, what better data set to work with than CW results?

Soon I'll be sending out the survey with questions such as "Why did you go to Cola Warrior?" and "Was it legitimatediet?"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Soon I'll be sending out the survey with questions such as "Why did you go to Cola Warrior?" and "Was it legitimatediet?"

FIFY
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 3:30:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

PICS OR
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

PICS OR

Heading to JPs after work to put some lipstick on the pig.  I'll post pics afterwards.  There will be peeps.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 3:58:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

It's only 3 now.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's only 3 now.  

how much is left of the IPA? and what evening this weekend would be best?
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 4:10:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's only 3 now.  

I'm free all day Saturday.

Bring your rope-climbing shoes.  
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 5:23:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Heading to JPs after work to put some lipstick on the pig.  I'll post pics afterwards.  There will be peeps.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

PICS OR

HELL YES!!!!!

JP does good work.  If it didn't have to go through an FFL, I'd send him my complete rifle for some tender krylon loving.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 5:23:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's only 3 now.  

Did you sell your extra rope?
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top