Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 6:54:39 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not SW Florida. Go to Miami and West Palm. We don't like Libtards here.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Joejuh, no doubt.

Florida is for New York's libs.  That's where we send them to vote and die.

Not SW Florida. Go to Miami and West Palm. We don't like Libtards here.

I don't know where you've been! I have lived in Florida my whole life except when I was in the military. I have been traveling all over the state for my job for about 25 years and I can tell you, there are more NorthEast Yankee Demoturds from the South of Tampa all the way down the coast to Fort Myers than there are on the Southeast side of Florida! A lot of Canadians, Illegal Mexicans and other foreigners too!

Ruining the State I tell you!

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 6:58:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Georgia does not allow exploding dd's ,. Florida is shaped like a penis. I have lived in both places .

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote
Florida is shaped like a boot so it can kick Georgia's ass like the Florida Gators did this past weekend!

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 6:59:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Jerja
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 6:59:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Why not? TN is solid when it comes to 2A stuff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tennessee.

Lol, no.

Why not? TN is solid when it comes to 2A stuff.
Again, More muslim mosque than any other state!

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 7:05:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I moved from Florida a little over a year ago. I used to think Florida gun laws were awesome until I moved to GA. Carry license is even easier and quicker to get in GA.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 7:07:56 PM EDT
[#6]
They each beat certain aspects of each other's laws.

In GA, I can carry a loaded AR in plain view on the front seat. Not in FL.

In FL, I get the closest thing to full CCW reciprocity that can be had. And I get to carry multiple handguns/other weapons(like switchblades) if I so choose.

You really can't go wrong in either state, just remember that N. Florida and S. Florida are two very different states (stay in N. Florida; bath salt zombies happen in S. Florida).
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 7:09:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They each beat certain aspects of each other's laws.

In GA, I can carry a loaded AR in plain view on the front seat. Not in FL.

In FL, I get the closest thing to full CCW reciprocity that can be had. And I get to carry multiple handguns/other weapons(like switchblades) if I so choose.

You really can't go wrong in either state, just remember that N. Florida and S. Florida are two very different states (stay in N. Florida; bath salt zombies happen in S. Florida).
View Quote

They may be different but the gun laws are the same.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 7:10:44 PM EDT
[#8]
GA, because OC, no training requirement for CCW, not quite as likely to turn blue, etc...
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 7:10:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Texas
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 7:12:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Took another Arfcommer 3 weeks to get their CWL. Short of no-permit carry, that's pretty good, IMO.  

My wife's took 5 weeks, but Fulton County is known for dragging their feet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like North Florida, it's mostly rural and conservative. I live near the FL/GA state line, I prefer to live and work in Florida because there is no state income tax, when I used to drive across the state line into Georgia to work I was paying around 5-6% per year in state income tax.

Forgot the original question: Laws are pretty even, Florida's concealed carry license seems easier to get, does a judge or CLEO or whatever still have to sign off on the Georgia licenses or am I thinking of something else?

Yes but it's an invisible part of the process; doesn't really slow down or interfere with the issuance of license that I'm aware of.
Took another Arfcommer 3 weeks to get their CWL. Short of no-permit carry, that's pretty good, IMO.  

You moved to Fulton County of all places? Ewwww....
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 7:13:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
GA has better CCW laws but FL has better reciprocity.

The way GA's law is worded makes it illegal for 18-20 year olds to have a pistol in the glove box, which would be legal in FL.

FL should work out it's stupid bar rules, making it illegal to carry in certain parts of restaurants. They both allow guns to be kept in cars on college campus but no campus carry.
View Quote

Untrue. 18-20 can have a pistol in the glove box, center console, or (IIRC) visible on the passenger's seat as it's an extension of your home here.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 7:15:00 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Texas
View Quote
This X1000!!!  Texas is the most awesomist place ever.  Everyone should move there and not to Florida.

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 7:16:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You omitted the correct answer from the poll.

Tennessee is the right answer.
a) open carry
b)  concealed carry
c)  no permit required for carry in a motor vehicle
d)  Pending legislation for "no permit" open carry
e)  ALL class III is legal
f)  Long gun carry in vehicles is legal (w/permit)
View Quote

Long gun carry in vehicles is legal WITHOUT a permit here.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 7:16:38 PM EDT
[#14]
One of the good things about Florida is the law that says it is the right of the people to have gun ranges.  As long as you are running the range properly (best management practices) anti gunner can't shut you down or sue you.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 7:20:12 PM EDT
[#15]
If you plan on carrying in SC, being a FL is a lot easier with reciprocity.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 7:22:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

The only way for a Georgia resident to legally carry in SC (because they're apparently conceited pricks) is to own property in the state. Assholes won't honor nonres out of state permits.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 7:24:08 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

This X1000!!!  Texas is the most awesomist place ever.  Everyone should move there and not to Florida.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Texas

Fuck you.

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 7:26:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The only way for a Georgia resident to legally carry in SC (because they're apparently conceited pricks) is to own property in the state. Assholes won't honor out of state permits.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only way for a Georgia resident to legally carry in SC (because they're apparently conceited pricks) is to own property in the state. Assholes won't honor out of state permits.

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 7:30:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Texas

It looks like you and the guy from Tennessee are both confused.

This thread is about Georgia and Florida.  
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 7:33:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/f6/f60058b5a99fb8d659bc4b8d429d6c1a76f17e99247594bb16a4f49bf14f16d1.jpg

BRB, gonna go OC for a little bit and not get the cops called on me and thrown in jail!
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 7:36:06 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Texas

What are these non-Texas things that you speak of?  They confuse and intrigue me.

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 7:39:35 PM EDT
[#22]
GA.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 8:22:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Florida is shaped like a boot so it can kick Georgia's ass like the Florida Gators did this past weekend!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Georgia does not allow exploding dd's ,. Florida is shaped like a penis. I have lived in both places .

Florida is the smelly dingleberry on America's anus.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 8:28:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Here....

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 9:19:47 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Texas

I lived in TX for a year and I must agree it's been my favorite place so far. Right now moving to TX isn't an option.

Link Posted: 11/6/2014 12:32:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
this

View All Quotes
Quoted:

At least we have water.  

Why would you not want like minded people moving intoFL
this

Because I'm a Florida native, and I'm sick and tired of yankees moving here, building strip malls and cookie-cutter homes, telling me how they did it back home, and bringing their fucked up policies and problems with them.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 12:43:27 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So we don't want conservative gun owners moving down here?  

I don't want anyone moving down here. Emporer badfish would erect a wall on the florida/georgia border that would make the berlin wall look like a speedbump.

Good, your water tastes like shit anyways.

At least we have water.  

Like minded people would see thru my subterfuge.

Link Posted: 11/6/2014 12:44:26 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Something about your post seems familiar
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

We may have Miami, but you have Atlanta. Both target rich environments with plenty of opportunity to practice your blade at 45 skills against real life muggers and thuggers. GA does have income tax so less ammo.

Course I've never had trouble in Miami but when I was in Atlanta for a trade show in September I nipped two mugging attempts in the bud. Never had to show, just look at 'em and hook a thumb under my jacket.

I give Georgia the win because there you will have many chances to exercise your gunfreedom rights.

Something about your post seems familiar

Sounds like a Guy that used to be in Florida.

Link Posted: 11/6/2014 12:45:28 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Georgia spends 25% more on welfare than Florida while having just half the population so there  That must be why Georgia needs a state sales tax AND a state income tax
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Georgia has less Yankees,

so the answer is easy to figure.

Georgia spends 25% more on welfare than Florida while having just half the population so there  That must be why Georgia needs a state sales tax AND a state income tax

Oh, fucking, snap.  You got a cite, Lanceman?

Link Posted: 11/6/2014 12:49:05 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

In the grand scheme of things, they are about the same

View Quote

I lived in Warner Robins twice courtesy of USAF.  EDIMGIAFAD.

I had a grand old time with some Georgia Peach Pits.  To this day, a Central Georgia drawl will make me weak in the knees.

God Bless you Shelia, wherever you are.  You too, Robin.  

Link Posted: 11/6/2014 12:51:25 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Not true.  GA residents, of all kinds, are nicer than FL residents, locals or not.

Fact.

Something to do with the sun burning your brains.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And Georgia has nicer people, too.

The NY-ers fuck up our 'Nice' quotient.  Real Floridians are the nicest people you'd ever meet.

Not true.  GA residents, of all kinds, are nicer than FL residents, locals or not.

Fact.

Something to do with the sun burning your brains.

While I love me some GA Peaches, Florida Crackers Rock My World.

NY can suck it.

Link Posted: 11/6/2014 12:54:09 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I moved from Florida a little over a year ago. I used to think Florida gun laws were awesome until I moved to GA. Carry license is even easier and quicker to get in GA.
View Quote

From what I can see, you are at the mercy of the local laws.  The State of Florida occupys the entire realm of firearm regulation.  Local restrictions are not allowed.

Link Posted: 11/6/2014 12:55:31 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.  You sound like a NY Yankee.  

Link Posted: 11/6/2014 1:03:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like North Florida, it's mostly rural and conservative. I live near the FL/GA state line, I prefer to live and work in Florida because there is no state income tax, when I used to drive across the state line into Georgia to work I was paying around 5-6% per year in state income tax.

Forgot the original question: Laws are pretty even, Florida's concealed carry license seems easier to get, does a judge or CLEO or whatever still have to sign off on the Georgia licenses or am I thinking of something else?

Yes but it's an invisible part of the process; doesn't really slow down or interfere with the issuance of license that I'm aware of.

lol

That ain't Gawga.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 1:04:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
FL has an AWB and UBC, ammo microstamping, and the police are allowed to search your gun safe without a warrant.

Just stay out of FL.

I don't want anyone moving down here. Emporer badfish would erect a wall on the florida/georgia border that would make the berlin wall look like a speedbump.

+1

However, how do you know what shit tastes like?
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 1:15:27 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Tennessee.
View Quote

I agree! The permit cost a bit and you have to take a class but it is one of the best, IMHO! We are working on our carry laws

Link Posted: 11/6/2014 1:47:12 AM EDT
[#37]
FL Re-elected a RED Governor who's signed some VERY PRO 2A regs into law: FL234(?) that concealed carry doesn't have to be totally concealed all the time, you can reveal your firearm as long as it's not brandished in a threatening manner. You can literally pass it across a table in a restaurant and show it to a friend.

Open carry traveling to, during and from fishing or hunting...always...I mean always, have a fishing pole or some Real Tree jacket in the truck

Also, YOU CAN'T ENACT LOCAL GUN RESTRICTIONS/REGULATIONS IN FL.

This keeps the libtard controlled cities or counties (Think WPB or, in the case of GA: Atlanta) from restricting your Florida gun owner rights.

Lastly, our re-elected AG is the SO of a LGS owner and a 2A rights champion and avid shooter.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 1:55:43 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

From what I can see, you are at the mercy of the local laws.  The State of Florida occupys the entire realm of firearm regulation.  Local restrictions are not allowed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They aren't in Georgia, either.  Only bonus Florida has is making local legislators personally liable for attempting to impose them, while GeorgiaCarry sues them here :-)  We have fewer restrictions on where we can carry, no centralized database of permit holders, no training requirement...

Link Posted: 11/6/2014 6:57:23 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Because I'm a Florida native, and I'm sick and tired of yankees moving here, building strip malls and cookie-cutter homes, telling me how they did it back home, and bringing their fucked up policies and problems with them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

At least we have water.  

this

Well good news I'm no yankee.

Link Posted: 11/6/2014 7:24:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Texas
View Quote

Agreed, and they have lots of room and jobs for new residents.  FL and GA sucks compared to Texas.  I encourage everyone considering a move to put Texas on the top of their list.  Make sure to let you uncles and aunts in New York know that Texas is a happening place to be.  Tell them to bring cans of beans with them to help improve the chili.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 7:25:31 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

FL has an AWB and UBC, ammo microstamping, and the police are allowed to search your gun safe without a warrant.

Just stay out of FL.
View Quote

Don't forget that it's illegal to keep a gun in your car.

Link Posted: 11/6/2014 7:27:01 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just stay out of FL.

I wish those New Yorkers would bring their water down here.  They've got some good water up there.

Link Posted: 11/6/2014 7:29:27 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

And we have cockroaches that are big enough to steal cars.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Just stay out of FL.
And we have cockroaches that are big enough to steal cars.

Thank goodness their range is limited to the inner cities.

Link Posted: 11/6/2014 7:32:37 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Georgia is only there for changing planes.  

Florida could have open carry this week...  the Norman case will hold arguments tomorrow.  

ETA:

https://www.floridacarry.org/index.php/litigation-32/21-statecourt/70-norman-v-state

Live Stream:   http://www.4dca.org/video.shtml

View Quote

Why did Pam Bondi (our supposedly conservative AG) try to get the 4th District Court to refuse to hear this case?

Because she's anti-freedom, that's why.

Link Posted: 11/6/2014 7:33:44 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Florida Open Carry

Open Carry is lawful while engaged in, or going directly to and from, lawful Target Shooting, Hunting, Fishing, and Camping expeditions. FL Statutes 790.25(3)(h), (j), and (k)

Just keep a Pocket fisherman with you and you are GTG.
View Quote

Why don't you be a test case for us?  Make sure you get all LEO interactions on video.

Link Posted: 11/6/2014 7:37:48 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

What are these non-Texas things that you speak of?  They confuse and intrigue me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Texas

You just can't help yourself... You have to take that big hat off your lap and show everyone your tiny penis.

Link Posted: 11/6/2014 7:40:59 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I lived in TX for a year and I must agree it's been my favorite place so far. Right now moving to TX isn't an option.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Texas

I couldn't handle the 30.06 signage law.  Fuck that shit.

Link Posted: 11/6/2014 7:45:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll tell you FL CCW guys a little trick that my instructor told me (I'm only temp in AL, FL resident).....

"Once you get your Permit from FL AG run down to the Walmart and get a mini fishing kit. Keep it in your vehicle. "

We can OC Hunting/Fishing or on the way to or from hunting/fishing... And when you live on a barrier island, you're life really is just a bunch of small trips before your next fishing trip
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 7:52:44 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

FL Re-elected a RED Governor who's signed some VERY PRO 2A regs into law: FL234(?) that concealed carry doesn't have to be totally concealed all the time, you can reveal your firearm as long as it's not brandished in a threatening manner. You can literally pass it across a table in a restaurant and show it to a friend.

View Quote

Say what?

Section 1. Subsection (1) of section 790.053, Florida Statuetes, is amended to read:

790.053 Open carrying of weapons.— (1) Except as otherwise provided by
law and in subsection (2), it is unlawful for any person to openly carry
on or about his or her person any firearm or electric weapon or device.
It is not a violation of this section for a person licensed to
carry a concealed firearm as provided in s. 790.06(1), and who is
lawfully carrying a firearm in a concealed manner, to briefly and openly
display the firearm to the ordinary sight of another person, unless the
firearm is intentionally displayed in an angry or threatening manner,
not in necessary self-defense.

I highly doubt that a Grand Jury would take kindly to your definition of 'briefly and openly display.'

I know I'll never take that chance.

Link Posted: 11/6/2014 8:23:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Georgia by far...
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top