User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 1:00:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Negative.

per GCO:

Q: I don’t have a Georgia Weapons License. Can I carry in my car?
A: Any person who is not prohibited by law from possessing a handgun or long gun may have or carry on his or her person a weapon or long gun on his or her property or inside his or her home, motor vehicle, or place of business without a valid weapons carry license. In addition, such person may carry a long gun, which must be carried openly if loaded. Moreover, such person may carry in his or her own motor vehicle. Finally, if such person is eligible for a Georgia Weapons License, he or she may carry in any private passenger motor vehicle.

O.C.G.A. § 16-11-126
Having or carrying handguns, long guns, or other weapons; license requirement; exceptions for homes, motor vehicles, private property, and other locations and conditions

(a) Any person who is not prohibited by law from possessing a handgun or long gun may have or carry on his or her person a weapon or long gun on his or her property or inside his or her home, motor vehicle, or place of business without a valid weapons carry license.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Per Georgia packing: "If you are not ineligible for a license to carry, you can carry in any private passenger motorized vehicle, provided that the owner (or other legal representative of the property) has not forbid possession of weapons or long guns on the property."

Since 18-20 year olds are not eligible to carry they wouldn't be allowed to carry in a vehicle. However, it appears this may only apply to someone else's vehicle, as a different portion of the law allows for anyone who can legally possess a firearm to carry one in their vehicle.

Negative.

per GCO:

Q: I don’t have a Georgia Weapons License. Can I carry in my car?
A: Any person who is not prohibited by law from possessing a handgun or long gun may have or carry on his or her person a weapon or long gun on his or her property or inside his or her home, motor vehicle, or place of business without a valid weapons carry license. In addition, such person may carry a long gun, which must be carried openly if loaded. Moreover, such person may carry in his or her own motor vehicle. Finally, if such person is eligible for a Georgia Weapons License, he or she may carry in any private passenger motor vehicle.

O.C.G.A. § 16-11-126
Having or carrying handguns, long guns, or other weapons; license requirement; exceptions for homes, motor vehicles, private property, and other locations and conditions

(a) Any person who is not prohibited by law from possessing a handgun or long gun may have or carry on his or her person a weapon or long gun on his or her property or inside his or her home, motor vehicle, or place of business without a valid weapons carry license.

That's what I just said...
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 1:02:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Jawja but I'm biased of course. The recent changes in pro-gun laws have pushed us over plus we don't have S. FL pushing us Purple.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 1:02:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Georgia, by a mile.  Florida is horrible.  Face eaters, killer sharks, hurricanes, it's just not safe in Florida.  Stay away from Florida, very far away.
View Quote

I concur.  It's a state filled with flesh hungry reptiles and predatory insects.  DisneyWorld is full of foreigners with Ebola.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 1:03:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Georgia is only there for changing planes.  

Florida could have open carry this week...  the Norman case will hold arguments tomorrow.  

ETA:

https://www.floridacarry.org/index.php/litigation-32/21-statecourt/70-norman-v-state

Live Stream:   http://www.4dca.org/video.shtml

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 1:11:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I voted Georgia.  We are always one step behind them on the gun laws front.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 1:17:49 PM EDT
[#6]

News

Fla. Senate panel approves processing concealed weapons permits at tax collector offices
Posted: February 17, 2014 - 7:22pm  |  Updated: February 18, 2014 - 1:13am
J
View this story on the All-Access Members site
By Dara Kam/News Service of Florida

News Service of Florida

TALLAHASSEE — Gun owners would be able to apply for concealed weapons licenses at their local tax collector’s offices under a National Rifle Association-backed measure approved unanimously by the Florida Senate Agriculture Committee on Monday.........

Effective 9/15/2014: Individuals who wish to obtain a Florida Concealed Weapon or Firearm License may submit their application electronically at the Main office of the Tax Collector’s Office of Indian River County, located at 1800 27th St Bldg. B, Vero Beach, FL.

The Concealed Weapon License Application service provided at our Main Office is designed to allow an applicant to complete the entire application process quickly and conveniently. The Concealed Weapons License Application service is intended to streamline the application screening and review process.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 1:19:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Joejuh, no doubt.

Florida is for New York's libs.  That's where we send them to vote and die.

View Quote

Not SW Florida. Go to Miami and West Palm. We don't like Libtards here.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 1:21:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Florida Open Carry

Open Carry is lawful while engaged in, or going directly to and from, lawful Target Shooting, Hunting, Fishing, and Camping expeditions. FL Statutes 790.25(3)(h), (j), and (k)

Just keep a Pocket fisherman with you and you are GTG.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 1:23:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

And Georgia has nicer people, too.

View Quote

The NY-ers fuck up our 'Nice' quotient.  Real Floridians are the nicest people you'd ever meet.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 1:25:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

At least we have water.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
FL has an AWB and UBC, ammo microstamping, and the police are allowed to search your gun safe without a warrant.

Just stay out of FL.
So we don't want conservative gun owners moving down here?  

I don't want anyone moving down here. Emporer badfish would erect a wall on the florida/georgia border that would make the berlin wall look like a speedbump.

Good, your water tastes like shit anyways.

At least we have water.  

Why would you not want like minded people moving intoFL
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 1:27:35 PM EDT
[#11]
We may have Miami, but you have Atlanta. Both target rich environments with plenty of opportunity to practice your blade at 45 skills against real life muggers and thuggers. GA does have income tax so less ammo.

Course I've never had trouble in Miami but when I was in Atlanta for a trade show in September I nipped two mugging attempts in the bud. Never had to show, just look at 'em and hook a thumb under my jacket.

I give Georgia the win because there you will have many chances to exercise your gunfreedom rights.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 1:30:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

We may have Miami, but you have Atlanta. Both target rich environments with plenty of opportunity to practice your blade at 45 skills against real life muggers and thuggers. GA does have income tax so less ammo.

Course I've never had trouble in Miami but when I was in Atlanta for a trade show in September I nipped two mugging attempts in the bud. Never had to show, just look at 'em and hook a thumb under my jacket.

I give Georgia the win because there you will have many chances to exercise your gunfreedom rights.
View Quote

Something about your post seems familiar

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 1:35:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Georgia has less Yankees,
so the answer is easy to figure.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 1:37:52 PM EDT
[#14]
No no, not that, just some sumbitch beat me to my screen name. I used it on a scifi nerd board and figured why not use it here? Not familiar. At all. Really.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 1:46:57 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Georgia has less Yankees,

so the answer is easy to figure.
View Quote

Georgia spends 25% more on welfare than Florida while having just half the population so there  That must be why Georgia needs a state sales tax AND a state income tax
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 1:49:59 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote

Sure you did.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 1:51:25 PM EDT
[#17]
No need for a pissing contest on which state is better.  We get along as states better than almost every other state in the union, and both have amazing sweet tea.  Georgia has some better gun laws, but we're not far behind.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 1:54:07 PM EDT
[#18]
^exactly.  GA and FL are like brothers, both with excellent laws and god senses of humor.  We who live in either place should count ourselves lucky to have good neighbors haha
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 2:00:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I like North Florida, it's mostly rural and conservative. I live near the FL/GA state line, I prefer to live and work in Florida because there is no state income tax, when I used to drive across the state line into Georgia to work I was paying around 5-6% per year in state income tax.

View Quote

My son lives north of Atlanta.  He tells me the property taxes are about the same as in Florida as is the sales tax but on top of that he has to pay the income tax, which is a big hit for him.

Every time we go up to visit him the traffic is absolutely a nightmare around Atlanta.

I told him not move out of Florida but he wouldn't listen.

I have family that lives in Monticello, just a few miles south of the Georgia border.  I love visiting them.  I should move there but I have too many roots in Polk county.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 2:02:25 PM EDT
[#20]
In the grand scheme of things, they are about the same
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 2:02:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Georgia does not allow exploding dd's ,. Florida is shaped like a penis. I have lived in both places .

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 2:06:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Georgia is too cold in the winter being up north like it is
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 2:47:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Sure you did.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure you did.

Yes I did. Nyah nyah,

In the summer, Marietta is just as hot and sticky as Tampa but without the breeze. If I recall correctly FPS Russia lives in Georgia, so that's another good thing for the state.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 2:48:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

My son lives north of Atlanta.  He tells me the property taxes are about the same as in Florida as is the sales tax but on top of that he has to pay the income tax, which is a big hit for him.

Every time we go up to visit him the traffic is absolutely a nightmare around Atlanta.

I have family that lives in Monticello, just a few miles south of the Georgia border.  I love visiting them.  I should move there but I have too many roots in Polk county.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like North Florida, it's mostly rural and conservative. I live near the FL/GA state line, I prefer to live and work in Florida because there is no state income tax, when I used to drive across the state line into Georgia to work I was paying around 5-6% per year in state income tax.

Atlanta is it's own place with higher taxes and worse traffic than the rest of the state. It's also inhabited by a large concentration of Dems. GA is really nice if you stay out of Atlanta, Macon, Augusta areas.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 2:50:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Georgia is too cold in the winter being up north like it is
View Quote

It's nice having seasons.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 2:51:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Yes I did. Nyah nyah,

In the summer, Marietta is just as hot and sticky as Tampa but without the breeze. If I recall correctly FPS Russia lives in Georgia, so that's another good thing for the state.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure you did.

Yes I did. Nyah nyah,

He lives in the far NE of the state. His shop is about 5 minutes away from me.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 2:52:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Georgia is annexing Miami too. Sorry deal with it, our Cubano mami population is very low and must be restocked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
  Good, your water tastes like shit anyways.

Thats the carcinogens we inject into it!

Georgia is annexing Miami too. Sorry deal with it, our Cubano mami population is very low and must be restocked.

Hahaha, Mami population. Funny shit.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 3:03:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Lol, no.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tennessee.

Lol, no.

Why not? TN is solid when it comes to 2A stuff.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 3:11:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Florida's meth is best meth.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 3:20:41 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Florida's meth is best meth.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 3:26:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fuck off!

Edit, better add the smiley because of the butthurt Site Staff around here.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 3:26:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Joejuh, no doubt.

Florida is for New York's libs.  That's where we send them to vote and die.

Great, now we know where to send the next batch.  SW FL it is.

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 3:27:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The NY-ers fuck up our 'Nice' quotient.  Real Floridians are the nicest people you'd ever meet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not true.  GA residents, of all kinds, are nicer than FL residents, locals or not.

Fact.

Something to do with the sun burning your brains.

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 3:39:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Atlanta is it's own place with higher taxes and worse traffic than the rest of the state. It's also inhabited by a large concentration of Dems. GA is really nice if you stay out of Atlanta, Macon, Augusta areas.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My son got caught in that winter nightmare around Atlanta and it took him five hours to get home and his wife six.   Normally he is 20 mins away from home.

I also have family in Thomasville and Pelham GA.  If I couldn't live in Florida Georgia would be my second choice.  Lots of nice people there and great food.

My uncle (from Thomasville) use to have a saying.  He said "Georgia was the asshole of the South because of all the Yankee shit that passes through on the way to Florida".  When I was a kid I use to think he was commenting on Georgia until I got older and learned about Yankees and then it was apparent the comment had nothing to do with either Florida or Georgia.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 3:52:13 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

You omitted the correct answer from the poll.

Tennessee is the right answer.

a) open carry

b)  concealed carry

c)  no permit required for carry in a motor vehicle

d)  Pending legislation for "no permit" open carry

e)  ALL class III is legal

f)  Long gun carry in vehicles is legal (w/permit)
View Quote

Yeah I'm not trying to move to TN. Hence it's omission.

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 3:56:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tennessee.

Lol, no.

silly carry laws:

-Training required
-Signs carry legal weight
-Some parks and public areas off limits
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 3:59:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

a) open carry Legal in GA
b)  concealed carry Legal in more places than TN
c)  no permit required for carry in a motor vehicle Same in GA
d)  Pending legislation for "no permit" open carry We'll see
e)  ALL class III is legal Pretty much the same in GA
f)  Long gun carry in vehicles is legal (w/permit)Same along with pistols

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 4:04:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

silly carry laws:

-Training required
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tennessee.

Lol, no.

silly carry laws:

-Training required

That's it though. Nobody listens to gun-free signs, nobody goes to parks (although I could carry at the ones around me if I wanted to), and the "training" was a one time thing that was quick and easy.

There are no restrictions regarding how you carry (open or concealed), any legal person over 18 can carry open/concealed loaded/unloaded handguns & long guns in their car without a permit, there are no restrictions on what firearms you can own or carry, all NFA stuff is good to go, all CLEO's must sign off on NFA stuff if you don't use a trust, and there are no restrictions on what knives you can carry (switchlades are fine, blade length doesn't matter).
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 4:14:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

That's it though. Nobody listens to gun-free signs, nobody goes to parks (although I could carry at the ones around me if I wanted to), and the "training" was a one time thing that was quick and easy.

There are no restrictions regarding how you carry (open or concealed), any legal person over 18 can carry open/concealed loaded/unloaded handguns & long guns in their car without a permit, there are no restrictions on what firearms you can own or carry, all NFA stuff is good to go, all CLEO's must sign off on NFA stuff if you don't use a trust, and there are no restrictions on what knives you can carry (switchlades are fine, blade length doesn't matter).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tennessee.

Lol, no.

silly carry laws:

-Training required

Only difference in GA is you're supposed to have a GWL for blades over 5" everything else you mentioned is the same here. If a court case over law goes our way we may have college carry soon as well.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 4:14:44 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

At least we have water.  

this

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 4:50:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Georgia is only there for changing planes.  

Florida could have open carry this week...  the Norman case will hold arguments tomorrow.  

ETA:

https://www.floridacarry.org/index.php/litigation-32/21-statecourt/70-norman-v-state

Live Stream:   http://www.4dca.org/video.shtml

View Quote

That case looks like a chicken-shit cop, chicken-shit DA and chicken-shit judge. All Yankee transplants, I'll bet none of them are called "Bubba".
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 4:51:38 PM EDT
[#42]
GA.  Florida is turning (has turned) blue.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 5:23:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tennessee.

Lol, no.

silly carry laws:

-Training required

I hate to be the one to tell you this but this thread is about Georgia and Florida, not Tennessee.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 5:26:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

That virus is spreading.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 5:26:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

We have a Red Governor and a Red legislature so it is a pretty Red state now.

The whole country is turning Blue in Presidential elections and I don't think any place is safe any more.  For instance, I expect Texas to turn Blue when the 50% of Hispanic kids that are in the Texas school system get old enough to vote.

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 5:36:04 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Is there going to be an exemption at the Florida/Georgia wall to let displaced Floridians back in?  I'm retiring next year and want to come home, how much beer do you think I should have with me to bride the guards?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

FL has an AWB and UBC, ammo microstamping, and the police are allowed to search your gun safe without a warrant.

Just stay out of FL.
So we don't want conservative gun owners moving down here?  

I don't want anyone moving down here. Emporer badfish would erect a wall on the florida/georgia border that would make the berlin wall look like a speedbump.

Is there going to be an exemption at the Florida/Georgia wall to let displaced Floridians back in?  I'm retiring next year and want to come home, how much beer do you think I should have with me to bride the guards?

Have you seen "Smokey and the Bandit"?

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 5:38:55 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tennessee.

Lol, no.

Well, other than requiring a state curriculum handgun class to get a carry permit, and that "no guns" signs have legal weight...  

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 5:49:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Who gives a shit....... We that live her like our gun laws just fine.... it could be worse!

Don't like florida stay the fuck out of it.

I could give a leaping shit about what Georgia has better then Florida...
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 6:44:09 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Tennessee.
View Quote
You do know that Tennessee has more muslim mosque than any other state in the USA, Right!

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 6:45:42 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

a) open carry

b)  concealed carry

c)  no permit required for carry in a motor vehicle

d)  Pending legislation for "no permit" open carry

e)  ALL class III is legal

f)  Long gun carry in vehicles is legal (w/permit)
View Quote
AND more muslim mosque than any other state!

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top