Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 11/5/2014 11:14:28 AM EDT
And which will stay better in the long run?
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 11:18:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I like North Florida, it's mostly rural and conservative. I live near the FL/GA state line, I prefer to live and work in Florida because there is no state income tax, when I used to drive across the state line into Georgia to work I was paying around 5-6% per year in state income tax.

Forgot the original question: Laws are pretty even, Florida's concealed carry license seems easier to get, does a judge or CLEO or whatever still have to sign off on the Georgia licenses or am I thinking of something else?
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 11:20:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Georgia, and it will stay that way.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 11:22:08 AM EDT
[#3]
FL has an AWB and UBC, ammo microstamping, and the police are allowed to search your gun safe without a warrant.

Just stay out of FL.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 11:23:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Joejuh, no doubt.

Florida is for New York's libs.  That's where we send them to vote and die.

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 11:24:00 AM EDT
[#5]
And Georgia has nicer people, too.

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 11:26:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Shooting something that needs it-georgia
Traveling with your guns-florida
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 11:37:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like North Florida, it's mostly rural and conservative. I live near the FL/GA state line, I prefer to live and work in Florida because there is no state income tax, when I used to drive across the state line into Georgia to work I was paying around 5-6% per year in state income tax.

Forgot the original question: Laws are pretty even, Florida's concealed carry license seems easier to get, does a judge or CLEO or whatever still have to sign off on the Georgia licenses or am I thinking of something else?
View Quote

Yes but it's an invisible part of the process; doesn't really slow down or interfere with the issuance of license that I'm aware of.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 11:40:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 11:40:21 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Yes but it's an invisible part of the process; doesn't really slow down or interfere with the issuance of license that I'm aware of.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Took another Arfcommer 3 weeks to get their CWL. Short of no-permit carry, that's pretty good, IMO.

My wife's took 5 weeks, but Fulton County is known for dragging their feet.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 11:41:32 AM EDT
[#10]
GA has better CCW laws but FL has better reciprocity.

The way GA's law is worded makes it illegal for 18-20 year olds to have a pistol in the glove box, which would be legal in FL.

FL should work out it's stupid bar rules, making it illegal to carry in certain parts of restaurants. They both allow guns to be kept in cars on college campus but no campus carry.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 11:43:16 AM EDT
[#11]
GA has better laws

But you have more chance getting to shoot a zombie in FL
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 11:43:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Took another Arfcommer 3 weeks to get their CWL. Short of no-permit carry, that's pretty good, IMO.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotcha. If I remember correctly, took almost/about a month for mine to process through.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 11:44:19 AM EDT
[#13]
I voted Florida cause all people in Georgia are gay. Come at me Georgians
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 11:46:09 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

FL has an AWB and UBC, ammo microstamping, and the police are allowed to search your gun safe without a warrant.

Just stay out of FL.
View Quote
So we don't want conservative gun owners moving down here?

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 11:52:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just stay out of FL.

I don't want anyone moving down here. Emporer badfish would erect a wall on the florida/georgia border that would make the berlin wall look like a speedbump.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 11:53:23 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I don't want anyone moving down here. Emporer badfish would erect a wall on the florida/georgia border that would make the berlin wall look like a speedbump.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just stay out of FL.

Good, your water tastes like shit anyways.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 11:54:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Alabama.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 11:55:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Just stay out of FL.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 11:56:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thats the carcinogens we inject into it!
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 11:57:19 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Georgia is annexing Miami too. Sorry deal with it, our Cubano mami population is very low and must be restocked.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 11:57:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Georgia is annexing Miami too. Sorry deal with it, our Cubano mami population is very low and must be restocked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't forget to take Broward!
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 11:58:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Gotcha. If I remember correctly, took almost/about a month for mine to process through.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Used to take me 5 minutes and 10 bucks for a year. And no fingerprinting.

After the last legislation it took a couple of days for a renewal ($50 for 5 years), still no fingerprints.

looking at handgunlaw.us, neither state seems too bad. Both are better than Tennessee.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 11:58:46 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

GA has better laws

View Quote

Dimentia doesn't equal zombie.

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:02:16 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just stay out of FL.

Lol  not a good idea since some of FL's problems come from the southern direction too.

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:03:37 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I voted Florida cause all people in Georgia are gay. Come  Cum at me Georgians
View Quote
Fixed it to show your deep seated desire to be a bukkake target and a human ookie cookie.

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:05:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I voted Florida cause all people in Georgia are gay. Come at me Georgians
View Quote

You must give off the vibe.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:09:13 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

The way GA's law is worded makes it illegal for 18-20 year olds to have a pistol in the glove box, which would be legal in FL.

FL should work out it's stupid bar rules, making it illegal to carry in certain parts of restaurants. They both allow guns to be kept in cars on college campus but no campus carry.
View Quote

Que?

I don't recall any language prohibiting that.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:09:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Fuck the gun laws, Ga has seasons (at least N Ga), Fuck living in that hot humid all the time state.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:11:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
And Georgia has nicer people, too.

View Quote

I agree......
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:14:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Georgia! Florida is only good to go to for some seafood and tie dye t-shirts
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:16:03 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Que?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Que?

You don't need a CCW to have a pistol in the glove box.

You can possess a handgun at 18 (just can't CCW or purchase one in your name till 21).
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:19:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Other than OC, I don't really know of any differences.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:26:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Moved to GA last year,took me a little over a week to get my GWL!Can't get much better than that IMO
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:30:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Tennessee.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:30:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Just stay out of FL.
View Quote

Clever bastage.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:32:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Que?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Que?

Per Georgia packing: "If you are not ineligible for a license to carry, you can carry in any private passenger motorized vehicle, provided that the owner (or other legal representative of the property) has not forbid possession of weapons or long guns on the property."

Since 18-20 year olds are not eligible to carry they wouldn't be allowed to carry in a vehicle. However, it appears this may only apply to someone else's vehicle, as a different portion of the law allows for anyone who can legally possess a firearm to carry one in their vehicle.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:32:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
GA has better laws

View Quote

The Walking Dead says different
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:37:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Other than OC, I don't really know of any differences.
View Quote

Hell, FL still wants to prosecute for accidental exposure even though FL passed a law saying they couldn't. I believe the case from Ft. Pierce is still ongoing.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:37:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Tennessee.
View Quote

Lol, no.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:41:34 PM EDT
[#40]
The last time Georgia won in college football was 34 years ago. That state is fail and aids. Plus it hosts the Detroit of the south.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:42:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Georgia, by a mile.  Florida is horrible.  Face eaters, killer sharks, hurricanes, it's just not safe in Florida.  Stay away from Florida, very far away.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:42:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Per Georgia packing: "If you are not ineligible for a license to carry, you can carry in any private passenger motorized vehicle, provided that the owner (or other legal representative of the property) has not forbid possession of weapons or long guns on the property."

Since 18-20 year olds are not eligible to carry they wouldn't be allowed to carry in a vehicle. However, it appears this may only apply to someone else's vehicle, as a different portion of the law allows for anyone who can legally possess a firearm to carry one in their vehicle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Que?

Aren't you misreading that?
"If you are not ineligible for a license to carry, you can [still] carry in any private passenger motorized vehicle, provided that the owner (or other legal representative of the property) has not forbid possession of weapons or long guns on the property."
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:42:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Georgia, by a mile.  Florida is horrible.  Face eaters, killer sharks, hurricanes, it's just not safe in Florida.  Stay away from Florida, very far away.
View Quote

Amen, brother.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:44:09 PM EDT
[#44]
The GAhtf is best HTF.  Plus our gun freedoms are flat out betterer
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:46:27 PM EDT
[#45]
When I we t for my CWL here in Fayette county, I was at the courthouse for exactly 22 minutes.

Thirteen days later it showed up in my mailbox.

Not too fucking bad!
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:53:38 PM EDT
[#46]
You omitted the correct answer from the poll.

Tennessee is the right answer.
a) open carry
b)  concealed carry
c)  no permit required for carry in a motor vehicle
d)  Pending legislation for "no permit" open carry
e)  ALL class III is legal
f)  Long gun carry in vehicles is legal (w/permit)
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:54:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just stay out of FL.

Is there going to be an exemption at the Florida/Georgia wall to let displaced Floridians back in?  I'm retiring next year and want to come home, how much beer do you think I should have with me to bride the guards?

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:55:05 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Que?

Negative.

per GCO:

Q: I don’t have a Georgia Weapons License. Can I carry in my car?

A: Any person who is not prohibited by law from possessing a handgun or long gun may have or carry on his or her person a weapon or long gun on his or her property or inside his or her home, motor vehicle, or place of business without a valid weapons carry license. In addition, such person may carry a long gun, which must be carried openly if loaded. Moreover, such person may carry in his or her own motor vehicle. Finally, if such person is eligible for a Georgia Weapons License, he or she may carry in any private passenger motor vehicle.

O.C.G.A. § 16-11-126

Having or carrying handguns, long guns, or other weapons; license requirement; exceptions for homes, motor vehicles, private property, and other locations and conditions

(a) Any person who is not prohibited by law from possessing a handgun or long gun may have or carry on his or her person a weapon or long gun on his or her property or inside his or her home, motor vehicle, or place of business without a valid weapons carry license.

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:57:14 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Just stay out of FL.
View Quote
And we have cockroaches that are big enough to steal cars.

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:59:44 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just stay out of FL.

At least we have water.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top