NORMAL HIGH CAPACITY?!
View Quote

Fixed.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:11:39 PM EDT
[#2]

I'm all up in this.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:14:40 PM EDT
[#3]
There have not been nearly enough Fuck John hickenlooper comments in this thread.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:15:44 PM EDT
[#4]
What are the chances of the law being completely overturned?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:16:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Fuck John Hickenlooper
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:17:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"Not a single arrest. ...."

Where's the LEO hate now GD?
View Quote

It's all up in NY, where it rightfully belongs..
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:18:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
“We have to do something to not make it easy to have people mowed down by crazed shooters. I thought it would be an effective law,” said Mauser.

Newsflash! Banning things doesn't make them go away, nor does it prevent criminals from committing crime.

Thanks though, for promoting a worthless law that so many said "wouldn't do anything".

View Quote

Arming people is something they could do to not make it easy for crazy shooters.......
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:23:12 PM EDT
[#8]

"“We have to do something to not make it easy to have people mowed down by crazed shooters. I thought it would be an effective law,” said Mauser."
View Quote

The only thing stupider than a Safety-NAZI are the fucktards who support and/or vote for them...

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:26:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

There's an app for that.  And a thread, too.

http://www.gofundme.com/fmxlnk
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What about manufacturing an MG?  I mean that too, is a stupid law and arguably carries a helluva sentence.

There's an app for that.  And a thread, too.

http://www.gofundme.com/fmxlnk

Done and done!  Thanks for the link dude, I hope we win it!
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:28:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
“We have to do something to not make it easy to have people mowed down by crazed shooters. I thought it would be an effective law,” said Mauser.

Newsflash! Banning things doesn't make them go away, nor does it prevent criminals from committing crime.

Thanks though, for promoting a worthless law that so many said "wouldn't do anything".

View Quote

People like him don't care if its effective or not. Its all about emotion and the children.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:31:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yeah, but once those clips are empty and you throw them away there will be no new ones.
View Quote

Very salient point. Eventually those bananna clips will be useless.  No amount of jungle taping will help.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:32:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

And CBS is purchasing illegal mags!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The clerk opened the package, put it together in 24 seconds and sold CBS4 the 30 round magazine for $25.

So, the clerk is manufacturing and selling 30 round mags.

And CBS is purchasing illegal mags!

They'll claim "Freedom of the Press" just like David Gregory did after waving around a 30rd mag in DC.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:37:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:39:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What are the chances of the law being completely overturned?
View Quote

I'm "cautiously optimistic," to use a phrase.

So far polls and ballot returns are well in the R's favor. We'll see when it's all said and done though. There have been a lot of counting irregularities in the heavily Dem counties Boulder and El Paso, as well as my own county of Adams. Like a famous man said, "It's not who votes that matters, it's who counts them."

My personal prediction is R Governor, R Senate, D House (but by a slim majority). With enough push we MIGHT be able to get something done. It's going to come down to demonstrations on the capital steps though.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:45:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
What people who try and ban things don't realize that their attempt at banning something creates an immediate demand as well as increasing the supply.

Talk of banning AR's?  People who don't have one rush out and get one and people who have them buy more.  I'd bet that there were just as many AR's sold after Sandy Hook that there were sold since they were invented up through the date of Sandy Hook.

Talk of banning magazines?  Everyone goes on a shopping spree.  That is what happened in 1994 and that is what happened this time too. I'd bet there are enough AR mags in circulation now to last 100 years.
View Quote

Most of the mags I bought in 2004 are still in their wrappers.

I'd suspect that 100 years is a very low estimate.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:53:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

that's fucking beautiful.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I personally like this response from C2AA from their Facebook Page:  Go suck it!
While not inaccurate, the word "circumventing" implies some discretion, guile or sneakiness. We are not "circumventing" the new laws. We are openly, willfully, and actively defying them. They are wrong, they were passed without the consent of the governed and we, overwhelmingly, are refusing to comply.

that's fucking beautiful.

Are New Yorkers doing that too?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:54:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

That guy was also stupid enough to be surprised when someone waltzed into the gun-free zone he sent his kid to, and then killed them.    Maybe he should take this as a clue that he doesn't know what the fuck is going on.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:57:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

+1   People can be just as dead if the bullet is coming from a 5rd or a 30rd mag.

Roy
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:23:31 PM EDT
[#19]
I made my comment below the story, and I don't even live under their oppressive laws.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:33:23 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm just stunned that Colorado hasn't been turned into a solar-powered social justice unicorn fart machine since they allow the ridiculous vote-by-mail process. I can't imagine a better way to guarantee voter fraud.

Fuck Hickenpooper. Fuck the carpetbagging liberals in CO. I love that state and don't want it to keep circling the drain of delusional politics.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:45:44 PM EDT
[#21]

A few years ago, I was raped. Since that horrible morning, I have consistently trained to protect myself and I've traveled the country telling my story. As women, we have a right to protect our bodies from attack.

Last year, I asked John Hickenlooper to veto the new gun control laws passed by the legislature. He didn't listen to me. Instead, he listened to Mike Bloomberg, the former mayor of New York City - the elitist billionaire who thinks there are no roads in Colorado.

John Hickenlooper signed the most extreme gun control proposal in America, and now it's his legacy. The worst part is that it does nothing to stop criminals. It only limits the self-defense rights of law-abiding citizens.

When I asked him to veto the law, he never answered me, but maybe he'll answer you. Call John Hickenlooper and ask him why he made us less safe against criminal attack.
View Quote

http://nssf.org/share/blastLinks/2014gunvote/101514_CO_KWeeks.html

Best political ad to appear in my mailbox this year, red added to text by me.  Our emails, hearing attendees, phone calls, county sheriffs, skywriting, etc were all ignored.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:01:40 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

There have not been nearly enough Fuck John hickenlooper comments in this thread.

Fuck John hickenlooper

I got a harrumph out of that man.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:54:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Because just allowing people to defend themselves is completely out of the question.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
“We make it too easy to mow other people down,” said Tom Mauser, whose son Daniel was killed in the Columbine High School mass shooting in 1999.

Mauser is a vocal opponent of high capacity magazines and pushed hard for passage of the 2013 ban.

We have to do something to not make it easy to have people mowed down by crazed shooters. I thought it would be an effective law,” said Mauser.

Because just allowing people to defend themselves is completely out of the question.

Ironic name, that Mauser.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 12:23:04 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
He regretted not having all of the facts.  Several others have said similar statements or eluded to simply not understanding what the hell they were signing.  Preaching to the choir here, but when you ignore 20,000 to 50,000 phone calls/emails, you are probably missing a very fucking important message.

Ugh, there went the blood pressure again.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How many of them have said, "Oh sorry, I was mislead"?   That would be a great ad, their quote next to the fact they stopped reading emails and answering phone calls from their constituents.

Didn't Hickenlooper use that excuse?

He regretted not having all of the facts.  Several others have said similar statements or eluded to simply not understanding what the hell they were signing.  Preaching to the choir here, but when you ignore 20,000 to 50,000 phone calls/emails, you are probably missing a very fucking important message.

Ugh, there went the blood pressure again.

Man, and I thought low information voters were bad.  Now your reps come right out and say they're unqualified for their position.

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 12:31:23 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Makes me all warm and fuzzy on the inside.

My cloth one is getting framed for Christmas.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Dang, there's a few of those things floating around, ain't there?

Makes me all warm and fuzzy on the inside.

My cloth one is getting framed for Christmas.
Mine is hanging over my bed currently

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 4:43:00 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What people who try and ban things don't realize that their attempt at banning something creates an immediate demand as well as increasing the supply.

Talk of banning AR's?  People who don't have one rush out and get one and people who have them buy more.  I'd bet that there were just as many AR's sold after Sandy Hook that there were sold since they were invented up through the date of Sandy Hook.

Talk of banning magazines?  Everyone goes on a shopping spree.  That is what happened in 1994 and that is what happened this time too. I'd bet there are enough AR mags in circulation now to last 100 years.

I still have AR mags in their wrappers from the 70's.

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 4:49:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Good.

Fucking Communist piece of shit "lawmakers"
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 5:00:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

It is well known that magazines can become unreliable due to springtile dysfunction after about two decades of non-use.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 5:15:18 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
It is well known that magazines can become unreliable due to springtile dysfunction after about two decades of non-use.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I hadn't heard of springtile dysfunction.  I tried looking it up on Google but got no hits.

I came across an AR magazine I'd left loaded for 14 years.  I took it to the range and it still worked.

I guess if the springs don't work when the get old then I'll have to pick up some replacement springs.

Maybe we need an AR replacement spring whore thread where we can post pictures of our boxes of replacement springs.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 5:50:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think there is a pill for that
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top