Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2014 2:50:46 AM EDT
do want, although I couldn't afford to feed it for very long

http://www.colt.com/Catalog/SpecialEditions/1877BulldogGatlingGun.aspx
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:46:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never fired a Hand-Cranked Gatling gun, I imagine it would not be quite the rush a GE electrically powered one gave me, but I bet it would be pretty damn cool. Buying ammo though is the scary part of that.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:28:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I've drooled over that thing so many times. Would look so awesome mounted in place of the back seat of my Wrangler, especially with the 20 minute conversion to a servo motor.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:46:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I've fired one!  It was GREAT FUN!  And we used 45-70 reloads w/lead bullets so it would not be that expensive to feed.  Hmmmmm..
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:58:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

do want, although I couldn't afford to feed it for very long
http://www.colt.com/Catalog/SpecialEditions/1877BulldogGatlingGun.aspx
View Quote

They go for about $35,000. If you can afford the gun, you can afford the ammo.

I got to shoot this one in 2011 and 2012 at the Contagion Zombie Shoot, at New Holland Rifle & Pistol Club. I had more fun cranking off .45-70s than shooting a Browning M-1919 in full auto.

Edit - A member of one club that I belong to owns this one, which is one of the four Gatlings used to support Teddy Roosevelt and the Rough Riders at San Juan Hill in the Spanish-American War. It's chambered for .30-40 Krag. I've not shot it but have watched it being fired.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top