BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 10/31/2014 1:03:18 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:09:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Under what circumstances would anyone possibly be against it?

Full disclosure:  I am a donor recipient.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:09:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:12:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I agree.  In my opinion, those who are not donor should be automatically restricted from receiving donated organs under any circumstance.  It should also be an "opt out" system and not opt in.  You should automatically be a donor when you are issued your drivers license unless you choose to opt out.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:19:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:23:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I agree.  In my opinion, those who are not donor should be automatically restricted from receiving donated organs under any circumstance.  It should also be an "opt out" system and not opt in.  You should automatically be a donor when you are issued your drivers license unless you choose to opt out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not just levy some mandatory kidney forfeitures while you're at it there, comrade?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:24:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:26:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Why not just levy some mandatory kidney forfeitures while you're at it there, comrade?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What about my proposal is communistic?  You have the right to opt out of the system and always will.  You just can't be a hypocrite and benefit from a system you opt out of.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:27:26 AM EDT
[#8]
I am an organ donor, don't see a reason not to at this time.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:28:58 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm a donor. If I'm dead I don't need the shit anymore let someone else have it.

Also, if someones NOT a donor, well it's their shit and they may do with it as they please, dead or not.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:30:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What about my proposal is communistic?  You have the right to opt out of the system and always will.  You just can't be a hypocrite and benefit from a system you opt out of.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your proposal sticks the government's nose even further where it doesn't belong.

If Jim Bob needs a liver, his doctor has one to transplant one into him, and Jim Bob has the money to pay for it, it's really no one else's business if Jim Bob is, himself, an organ donor.

Organs are a limited commodity.  A commodity with a price control (price limited to $0).   Your solution is to mandate supply by forcing everyone to be an organ donor?   Jeez, why on earth would anyone think that was communistic?  
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:30:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:32:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Your proposal sticks the government's nose even further where it doesn't belong.

If Jim Bob needs a liver, his doctor has one to transplant one into him, and Jim Bob has the money to pay for it, it's really no one else's business if Jim Bob is, himself, an organ donor.

Organs are a limited commodity.  A commodity with a price control (price limited to $0).   Your solution is to mandate supply by forcing everyone to be an organ donor?   Jeez, why on earth would anyone think that was communistic?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please point out to me in my post where I said that.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:33:41 AM EDT
[#13]
My only experience with an organ donor / harvesting organization was extremely bad.

Fucking ghouls.

No, I won't and don't support assholes like that.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:36:44 AM EDT
[#14]
I am. If I die, those organs are no longer going to do me much good. So why not give them to others so that they may live?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:37:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The part where you implied anyone who wasn't an organ donor should be barred from receiving organs.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:38:36 AM EDT
[#16]
I am an organ donor.. If I can save someone else's life when I'm gone, why not?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:38:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Not a donor and never will be.  I'll be cremated, even if my organs are in perfect health when I die.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:39:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Not a donor and never will be.  I'll be cremated, even if my organs are in perfect health when I die.

View Quote

You lack the proper revolutionary spirit.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:43:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The part where you implied anyone who wasn't an organ donor should be barred from receiving organs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a basic fairness issue.  You aren't willing to donate but are perfectly willing to benefit from other's donations?  Fuck off hypocrite.  Opt out or opt in, that's your choice.  The supply of donated organs is very limited because of so few donors.  If it was an opt out system instead of an opt in one the supply would increase dramatically.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:46:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It's a basic fairness issue.  You aren't willing to donate but are perfectly willing to benefit from other's donations?  Fuck off hypocrite.  Opt out or opt in, that's your choice.  The supply of donated organs is very limited because of so few donors.  If it was an opt out system instead of an opt in one the supply would increase dramatically.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The supply would increase dramatically because of the overt threat of denying people necessary medical care.

Your solution to a problem of supply caused in part by government interference... is more government interference.   Which sounds about par for the course.

lol, basic fairness issue.  Don't overstate your case there, bud.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:47:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Umm, what if I'm still using my organs? . (That's a Python joke, by the way)

Seriously though, I'm with ya. I'd rather my organs (I'm a donor too) go to help somebody out, than burn up in the crematory.

I guess certain religions might object.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:48:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just out of curiousity, why?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:56:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
My wife and I both are--Illinois puts it on your drivers license if you opt in.  

Edit:  I used to be an enthusiastic and avid blood donor too.  Sadly, the Red Cross no longer wants my blood, due to the anti-gun attitude of the local facility manager.
View Quote

Yet if you are in a high-risk (i.e. gay) category, you may donate. No matter that your blood will be discarded.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:56:19 AM EDT
[#24]
I will not participate in the poll - but, the bible says - no.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:57:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My only experience with an organ donor / harvesting organization was extremely bad.

Fucking ghouls.

View Quote

Please tell us about it.

There are some rumors going around that the family of the deceased donor gets stuck with donation-related expenses.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:00:15 AM EDT
[#26]

I am a organ donor but I am considering donating my body to science as I understand the schools and hospitals pay for cremation once they are done with the body.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:02:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Not even 10 minutes after I'd sat holding my Mom's hand and talking to her as she passed away I was told that I had a call at the nurses station. I thought it must be a family member calling. Motherfucking scumbag wanting ALL of my mother's organs. Nevermind the fact that none of her organs were useful, not even her corneas.

Fuck those bastards and I hope they rot in hell.

Fuck you
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:05:26 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm a donor, why not, but the plan is wear all of them out first.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:09:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Not even 10 minutes after I'd sat holding my Mom's hand and talking to her as she passed away I was told that I had a call at the nurses station. I thought it must be a family member calling. Motherfucking scumbag wanting ALL of my mother's organs. Nevermind the fact that none of her organs were useful, not even her corneas.

Fuck you
View Quote

Oh man, that's rough. Sorry to hear that, brother. I can sort of relate: when my dad passed away, I made the coroners promise that they wouldn't disrespect his body (ie toss him out of the vehicle, or slam him onto the table, etc). He was an organ donor too, but his were riddled with cancer.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:10:09 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Fuck you
View Quote

There was nothing recoverable?

Physical bonds are tough to cut... your mother may have helped things. Those people that called you - they were not from your local dogfood company.... there was science to happen. But, you prohibited it.

EDIT: Fuck them for trying, amiright?

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:13:01 AM EDT
[#31]
I hope they rip every single piece of beneficial tissue out of my corpse.  I'm willing to bet that my heart, lungs, kidneys, etc. are useless based on my history of "self abuse".  But, if I have any thing usable, harvest and enjoy.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:15:09 AM EDT
[#32]
You want my organs? Pay my estate. Otherwise, all parties involved in the extraction of the organs, and the transplant, must agree to provide their services, and facilities free of charge.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:17:15 AM EDT
[#33]
I'm a donor and also a recipient of a kidney.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:22:57 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm a donor.

Each of my kidneys would save someone.

My liver,  my lungs.  My skin would help a burn victim,  my corneas would give someone sight.

I couldn't live with myself,  insisting all those lives be wasted.  It's just a body and I don't need it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:24:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Physical bonds are tough to cut... your mother may have helped things. Those people that called you - they were not from your local dogfood company.... there was science to happen. But, you prohibited it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck you

She was a long time diabetic. An amputee. It was a race to see whether her liver or kidneys would give out first. Renal failure won. She had glaucoma and thickened corneas. She had been in a nursing home for over three years. She had a DNR and was not an organ donor.

So yeah, fuck those ghouls. Just off the phone telling my sister that our Mom had died and some fucking shithead hectoring me for her body parts.

No.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:26:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Organ donor here.  They can have everything.  On the off chance I need it back, more than willing to fight the recipient for it.  I do think I should get a knife or a mace or something though.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:31:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have nothing against donating organs, alive (if relevant, of course) or otherwise.

I do have a huge problem with some really fucked up shit I've seen pertaining to organ donors and post-accident medical treatment.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:33:56 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I will not participate in the poll - but, the bible says - no.
View Quote

No, it does not.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:34:27 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
She was a long time diabetic. An amputee. It was a race to see whether her liver or kidneys would give out first. Renal failure won. She had glaucoma and thickened corneas. She had been in a nursing home for over three years. She had a DNR and was not an organ donor.

So yeah, fuck those ghouls. Just off the phone telling my sister that our Mom had died and some fucking shithead hectoring me for her body parts.

No.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck you

No.

If the internal components were not useful, the parts would likely have gone to help prevent some problems, for others,  which she had.

Freshness counts - as bad as that sounds

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:56:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Poll fail, some of us can't.

I used to be, but I guess they do not like Ebola, AIDS, Syphilis, gonorrhea, hepatitis, and Mad Cow disease, in there donors.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:58:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:35:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
You organ donors are the best people on the planet.

Thank you for letting me live a longer life.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:37:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I have nothing against donating organs, alive (if relevant, of course) or otherwise.

I do have a huge problem with some really fucked up shit I've seen pertaining to organ donors and post-accident medical treatment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Share it with us.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:53:28 AM EDT
[#44]
What if someone chooses not to donate because they carry an infectious disease?  They don't deserve to live?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:56:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 4:10:59 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Fucking ghouls.

View Quote

Care to elaborate?

I'm an organ donor and looking for an excuse not to be.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 4:16:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Care to elaborate?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking ghouls.

Care to elaborate?

Read up a few posts.

I certainly have nothing against donors. I just had an experience so bad with a harvester that it turned me off forever. What I experienced was callous and wrong. So yes, my sample size of one is enough for me.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:07:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Nah Im keeping mine, I dont want them to go to somebody who turns off Amber alerts on their phone.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:27:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Nah Im keeping mine, I dont want them to go to somebody who turns off Amber alerts on their phone.
View Quote

Hahaha.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:35:19 AM EDT
[#50]
I'm not on my DL but I am in my will and my medical POA knows it. That way the people giving me treatment have no incentive to pull a plug on me and the organs get donated if I die.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top