Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/30/2014 10:56:08 PM EDT
109,631,000 Americans lived in households that received benefits from one or more federally funded "means-tested programs" — also known as welfare — as of the fourth quarter of 2012, according to data released Tuesday by the Census Bureau.

http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/terence-p-jeffrey/354-percent-109631000-welfare

I have zero faith in our government, they have failed at every level imaginable since we are now closing on $18 Trillion in debt.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Soon to legalize 30 million illegal immigrants.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/06/immigration-rivals-agree-senate-bill-will-legalize-more-than-30-million-migrants/

So I ask, what exact purpose does the Federal Government serve other than to undermine every aspect of the Constitution and preserve their existence? Because it sure as hell hasn't been to secure our nation's sovereignty or financial well being.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:58:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Only a third of the country?  

I thought it was more like half...

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:58:03 PM EDT
[#2]
How long will it last? It's gone. We just refuse to admit it. There's still twitches from the central nervous system, making it look alive, but all we're really waiting on is the death rattle.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:58:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:58:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Not sure but some things need to change or all these dindu nuffins are gonna get to large to support...

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:59:25 PM EDT
[#5]
And what percentage pays no net taxes? Something like 40%?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:04:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Well you have to take in account the children and non working age people. Basically each of us that work our asses off support some lazy fuck that doesn't. That shit pisses me off to no end.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:07:49 PM EDT
[#7]
The rest of the world will decide for us.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:09:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Two simians and a bunch of the other guys will be along in a minute to chide you guys and pontificate as to how you guys are of sub average intelligence...............

Yeah, it is going to blow up bigger than Bracken could ever imagine. We are going to take most other countries down with us when we go.........going to make '29 seem like child's play.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:10:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

And what percentage pays no net taxes? Something like 40%?
View Quote
49% I think. No worries. I pay about 68% overall once you figure in all the property tax and licensing, payroll, and all.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:10:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Welfare is one thing.  It's 51% of the population that receives some types of government entitlements.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:13:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Yep... that is just the "Means tested" stuff.  That does not include retirement benefits, SS, SSDI, state benefits or anything else.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:15:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Dindus, margaritas, and limousine libs will slaughtered wholesale.  Can't say they didn't have it coming either.

Fuck leftists.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:16:51 PM EDT
[#13]
It's going to be one hell of a death rattle when we go and the world is going to be turned upside down big time.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:21:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:22:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The rest of the world will decide for us.
View Quote

Ummm No!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:28:48 PM EDT
[#16]
With staggering numbers like that it's only a matter of time. While the numbers continue to grow hourly the bubble can only stretch so far. Anyone who says otherwise is either afraid, too stupid to comprehend the truth or in denial.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:28:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Gfg4kZFVbDo
View Quote

"Simply, they know to much, they have to go."

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:36:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:37:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Late 17 spring 18
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:37:25 PM EDT
[#20]
The unfortunte thing is that we feel no pain.  The systematic anesthesia keeps people from feeling an acute burn.  Instead, we experience a slow burn that is easy to spin away as a short-term anomaly.  Meanwhile, our system rots away at its core.  When the pain finally hits, it will be too late to cure and the people who feel it worst will be incapable of helping themselves.  

My primary goal in life at this point, is to put my children in a position to survive, thrive and capitalize in the world they will face when I'm dead and gone.  

Probably sounds tin-foilish, but I have a feeling my kids will have it harder than me.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:39:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I consider myself as libertarian and Christian as can be, and my family (wife, son, and unborn daughter) are on both WIC and EBT.

We have an unborn baby with HLHS and can't afford our bills on my salary....

So, fuck yes, we are taking what the government is giving.

We'd be fools not to accept all the help that's offered.

At least we're in it honestly, and are not ghetto goblins ripping-off the system.

It's very easy to criticize and pigeon-hole recipients of government benefits until your family is the one in crisis.

YMMV
View Quote

Unfortunately this has everything to do with your family, as this has to do with the state of this nation and how many millions upon tens of millions that are now on tax supported handouts, hastening the decline.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:40:05 PM EDT
[#22]
How many of these numbers are double counted by being on more then one program?

How many are people that work, but due to whatever situation, also receive some sort of welfare program?

How many are something as simple as EIC? First time home buyer tax credit, and similar?

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:41:07 PM EDT
[#23]
I figure I have about 3 years to amass enough money to escape to Australia.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:42:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
How many of these numbers are double counted by being on more then one program?

How many are people that work, but due to whatever situation, also receive some sort of welfare program?

How many are something as simple as EIC? First time home buyer tax credit, and similar?

View Quote

Straight up Welfare in one form or another.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:43:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I consider myself as libertarian and Christian as can be, and my family (wife, son, and unborn daughter) are on both WIC and EBT.

At least we're in it honestly, and are not ghetto goblins ripping-off the system.

It's very easy to criticize and pigeon-hole recipients of government benefits until your family is the one in crisis.

YMMV
View Quote

Where I take exception is when people start saying society owes it to them to make sure their sick child doesn't die.  

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:43:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

YMMV
View Quote

You bought a membership...
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:43:56 PM EDT
[#27]
These are the salad days so boys, don't worry, be happy.
Or to put it a bit more abruptly, who in the hell gives a rat's ass anymore!!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:44:55 PM EDT
[#28]
2015 when the Fed Res increases the interest rates, it's over.  The New Fascist Order drops its kid gloves that were covered by its "democratic cloak."
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:47:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Honestly I didn't think Bernanke was going to be able to hold shit together once it started unraveling a decade ago.

These days I feel like we're the Coyote in the old cartoons.

Just nobody look down.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:49:35 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Honestly I didn't think Bernanke was going to be able to hold shit together once it started unraveling a decade ago.

Just nobody look down.
View Quote
I thought you loved Obama and the Hezbocrats.  Trouble in paradise?

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:52:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Id guess another 75 years or so. Then the union will divide or collapse. Onw of the two.    Unless thinhs change.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:54:53 PM EDT
[#32]

I don't know how long its going to take. But damn, the water in this pot sure is getting kinda hot.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:03:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

YMMV
View Quote

Fixed it for you
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:05:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Just nobody look down.
View Quote

Greenspan's fault (he allowed the housing bubble).

Actually, Woody  Wilson's fault (and JD Rock).
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:08:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just nobody look down.

"Allowed" the housing bubble?   Congress practically mandated a housing bubble.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:14:10 AM EDT
[#36]
We will rebuild again.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:15:09 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Fixed it for you
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

YMMV

Fixed it for you
He's not reading 2 Thessalonians chapter 3 either. He should be grateful for the help and working hard to get off it. Instead he brags about taking redistributed money.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:20:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
2015 when the Fed Res increases the interest rates, it's over.  The New Fascist Order drops its kid gloves that were covered by its "democratic cloak."
View Quote

Yep.  Around the end of second week in October of 2015.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:20:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

YMMV
View Quote

I'm curious as to what your plans will be when the system breaks?  I don't ask this from a position of superiority (I'm not on .gov assistance but I have no escape from my relatively urban experience).  Will you and yours survive?  Most likely I'll either be:

A) dead
B) world-class gladiator and clan leader
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:25:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fuck sakes...
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:26:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Are you paying attention at all? Employment will cease to be a thing (for most people) in not too long. As technology progresses, we will come to a point where a majority of people are structurally unemployable. These individuals will be unable to contribute value to the economy, simply because a machine or algorithm will be able to do equivalent work at near zero marginal cost. Welfare will not be going away, rather it will inexorably continue to expand. Welcome to the new reality.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:29:10 AM EDT
[#42]
The executive amnesty will be the nail in the coffin.  The powers that be would rather rule over a bunch of poor people than actually lead and try to bring about prosperity for the masses.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:29:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

YMMV
View Quote

and in!
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:30:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

YMMV

Right, I saw that too. Duh dur dur dur can't afford shit so have another kid, buy a membership and then complain about not having enough money. Sounds like the wife isn't working either, god forbid everyone has to chip in during rough times.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:33:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Only half of the country pays taxes, that means there's still ~20% making a subsistence living,
How long before they swing over to the FSA side?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:36:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

YMMV
View Quote

How do you have internet?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:37:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

YMMV
View Quote

I am very sorry to hear that you are in a tough spot.  That being said, the taxpayers that are currently paying for all of that stuff did not ask you to have a child...  or a second one.  I don't mean to sound like a cold bastard, but birth control (in its numerous, numerous forms) is NOT rocket surgery.  If I couldn't afford my current child, I would sure as shit be going WAAAAAY THE HELL OUT OF MY WAY to make sure there wouldn't be any more on the way until my situation allowed for it.  There is something to be said for someone living within their means.  This day in age, that also entails paying for other people who can't live within their own.  Do you also own a flat screen TV, have cable, or any other luxuries?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:38:41 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just nobody look down.

I believe the Democrats intentionally engineered it after retaking the House in 2006 in order to retake the Whitehouse.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:48:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just nobody look down.

You're confused. I've never supported a Dem in my life.

[b]Quoted:[/b}]

I believe the Democrats intentionally engineered it after retaking the House in 2006 in order to retake the Whitehouse.

The housing bubble was over a decade old at that point. What really ramped it up was when real interest rates went negative in 2000 and then the cuts in 2003.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:49:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just nobody look down.

Behold!  House building is the strength of the new America!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top