Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:08:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Bush wasn't a gun grabber, he was an unprincipled politician who said that he would sign it if it came across his desk, knowing full well that it wouldn't, instead of having the honesty and balls to say that he'd never sign that piece of crap.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:09:31 PM EDT
[#2]
SNIP

People like you are referred to as "13'ers".

People who rock Somalia flags imagining them to be Republic of West Florida flags are typically just closet anarchists who mistakenly think they are libertarians, who think they are supportive of ideals they wouldn't actually want to live under had someone else forced them to.

But there is no colloquial name for that.

Well put...
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:10:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Cognitive dissonance is a bitch innit? Hard to maintain that worldview of "Everyone who disagrees with me must just be a liberal" in the face of contradictory evidence.
View Quote

Could be..........hopefully I am wrong but I get suspicious of members who constantly trash republicans and say they are just as bad when it comes to gun control, etc.

They are not and if it wasn't for republicans the democrats would have made the 2A extinct.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:13:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

So how do you think President McCain (who has repeatedly voted for gun control measures) would have been on gun rights?
View Quote

It's good their votes are recorded

Voted against S711 Feinstein AWB
Voted against S713 Leahy trafficking
Voted against S714 Lautenberg mag ban

Voted for S715 Toomey/Manchin background check bill

Voted for S719 Cornyn reciprocity bill
Voted for S720 (protects vets from being fucked by NICS)
Voted for S725 Grassley NICS bill.

He went looney-tunes 1 out of 7 times.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:14:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So how do you think President McCain (who has repeatedly voted for gun control measures) would have been on gun rights?

His record is so much better than your average democrat that it isn't even close.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:16:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

So, that'd be a no then?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That was sarcasm, right?  Tell me that was sarcasm please.

Sarcasm on my end, yes.

The political geniuses here want it both ways. They insist Bush was a gun grabber, they insist congress will do whatever the republican president wants, yet it didn't happen under Bush, and it wouldn't happen under Romney.

I've not seen all of these rampant claims that Bush was a gun grabber, smells like a strawman to me.

I see it every time his name is mentioned. Bush said he was going to sign a ban renewal. Bush said he was going to sign a ban renewal. Bush said he was going to sign a ban renewal. Bush said he was going to sign a ban renewal. Bush said he was going to sign a ban renewal. Bush said he was going to sign a ban renewal. Bush said he was going to sign a ban renewal. Bush said he was going to sign a ban renewal. Polly want a fuckin' cracker....

So, that'd be a no then?

If you want to go on record stating beyond any doubt that you have never ever seen, in four years of being a member here, a group of people in general discussion routinely bashing Bush by claiming he was for gun control, you go right ahead.

All it does is tel me that you'll take any contrarian position and say anything in order to "win" a conversation.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:18:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:23:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

A republican congress caved to a republican president on Medicare Part D and No Child Left Behind, did it not? I can't point to where they caved to Bush on gun control because Bush never pushed for it. Unlike say, a President McCain would have.
View Quote

We're talking about the actual congressional history of gun control. Try to stay focused on the topic.

According to the leftist infiltrators, Bush repeatedly demanded an assault weapon ban renewal. Apparently it was all he talked about, as he mentioned it twice in a decade.

Would you like to start discussing WHY a republican congress would completely abandon one of the last groups that is still loyal to them, or would you like to discuss something completely unrelated again?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:26:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Anyone who votes for an antigun candidate is an enemy.  Period.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:29:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you want to go on record stating beyond any doubt that you have never ever seen, in four years of being a member here, a group of people in general discussion routinely bashing Bush by claiming he was for gun control, you go right ahead.

All it does is tel me that you'll take any contrarian position and say anything in order to "win" a conversation.

Here's a one-trick pony who has posted it at least a thousand times himself.

You used your staff voodoo to make that up! Posts like that don't exist!
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:35:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
50% of GD:  "FREEEEEDOOOOOM!"  " Oh, weed?  Keep that shit illegal.  ::sips on liquor::"
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:39:47 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I have noticed this to be increasingly true here.  Many of them are that or simply social leftists without even knowing it who even champion Federal judicial activism in their inability to see a larger picture.  At the very least, many of them are simply useful idiots who operate on emotion and feelings. Much of it is simply naivety.  There are some good level headed libertarians here though, increasingly drowned out by juvenile derp.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No, that is incorrect.

People like you are referred to as "13'ers".

People who rock Somalia flags imagining them to be Republic of West Florida flags are typically just closet anarchists who mistakenly think they are libertarians, who think they are supportive of ideals they wouldn't actually want to live under had someone else forced them to.

But there is no colloquial name for that.

I have noticed this to be increasingly true here.  Many of them are that or simply social leftists without even knowing it who even champion Federal judicial activism in their inability to see a larger picture.  At the very least, many of them are simply useful idiots who operate on emotion and feelings. Much of it is simply naivety.  There are some good level headed libertarians here though, increasingly drowned out by juvenile derp.
Excellent. Key statement for me "operates on emotion and feelings", many bad ideas and bad law come from this uneducated habit.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 4:06:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
it says "AR15.FUCKING.com"

2012:
Heres a great idea. Let's rally around a guy that says none of us have a right to own these!

(Arfcom conservatives in a nutshell)
View Quote

So...what was your solution?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 4:15:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
50% of GD:  "FREEEEEDOOOOOM!"  " Oh, weed?  Keep that shit illegal.  ::sips on liquor::"

Sad, but true.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 4:16:37 PM EDT
[#15]
I remember this place before the AWB sunset.  All the derp types were out in force about how Bush was going to sell us out, how the ban would never sunset, etc.

We saw a similar mentality about the NRA supposedly selling us out after Newtown.

Without fail, none of these people ever own up to their mistakes.  After the fact, everyone is posting as if what actually happened was what we all knew would happen.  Then, you see denial that such things were even discussed.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 4:19:26 PM EDT
[#16]
i hold you asshat hardcore republicans in even more contempt that i do libtards.  you think you are entitled to my vote?  EFF YOU BRO.  the tea party and libertarians are actually working on getting votes.  GOP just cannot keep from stomping on their own dicks.  oh, the country will go down the shitter?  heres a fun fact:  its already there. IDGAF any more
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:25:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

On record? Is this a deposition?

I've seen groups of people routinely saying all kinds of stupid shit, including saying that 9/11 was Bush cranking up his hologram machine and Katrina was Bush cranking up his weather machine. That doesn't mean that the prevailing sentiment among GD is to embrace 911 troof, and if you claimed it was in an attempt to smear and discredit people then it would be disingenuous.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:27:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good thing he's on my ignore list.

I must admit it is kind of sad that the best the Republicans can muster is "no no, our guys were just lying when they say pro gun control things!" but I agree with the sentiment.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:31:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

We're talking about the actual congressional history of gun control. Try to stay focused on the topic.

According to the leftist infiltrators, Bush repeatedly demanded an assault weapon ban renewal. Apparently it was all he talked about, as he mentioned it twice in a decade.

Would you like to start discussing WHY a republican congress would completely abandon one of the last groups that is still loyal to them, or would you like to discuss something completely unrelated again?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A republican congress caved to a republican president on Medicare Part D and No Child Left Behind, did it not? I can't point to where they caved to Bush on gun control because Bush never pushed for it. Unlike say, a President McCain would have.

Would you like to start discussing the topic at hand instead of holding up a hyperbolic view of what "they" say and think?

We are discussing whether or not the Republicans only fight for the things they claim to hold dear when the person proposing it is a Democrat. The best example of that is socialized medicine, for a couple reasons. Firstly because the R's oppose that far more vociferously than they do gun control, and partly because the anti-gun candidates the R's keep nominating keep losing (imagine that). We can't talk about whether or not R's vote for an R potus who pushes gun control because it hasn't happened yet, because the anti-gun R's aren't electable. So we instead look at the closest corollary.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:32:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I find a post where one of the Republican no matter what bootlickers outs himself as a 911 troofer that means I can accuse all of ya'll of holding those beliefs right?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:35:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:27:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Freedom.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why even bring weed up here

Freedom.

(I've always wanted an excuse to post this)
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:29:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Jesus GD is stupid.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:35:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Would you like to start discussing the topic at hand instead of holding up a hyperbolic view of what "they" say and think?

We are discussing whether or not the Republicans only fight for the things they claim to hold dear when the person proposing it is a Democrat. The best example of that is socialized medicine, for a couple reasons. Firstly because the R's oppose that far more vociferously than they do gun control, and partly because the anti-gun candidates the R's keep nominating keep losing (imagine that). We can't talk about whether or not R's vote for an R potus who pushes gun control because it hasn't happened yet, because the anti-gun R's aren't electable. So we instead look at the closest corollary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And the closest corollary is their century of anti-gun control votes, including voting against an AWB when Bush claimed to want it. I am going to keep repeating this because the topic is republicans and gun control. Not health care, chevy camaros, flowers in the attic, or whatever fucking tangent you want to run off on in order to somehow justify your asinine statements.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:37:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Jesus GD is stupid.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:39:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I've seen groups of people routinely saying all kinds of stupid shit, including saying that 9/11 was Bush cranking up his hologram machine and Katrina was Bush cranking up his weather machine. That doesn't mean that the prevailing sentiment among GD is to embrace 911 troof, and if you claimed it was in an attempt to smear and discredit people then it would be disingenuous.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, I'll take that as a "yes". Is there anything else you've never seen? Do republicans themselves exist or are you going to turn around and accuse me of making them up, too?I'll have to try that sometime.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:41:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

If I find a post where one of the Republican no matter what bootlickers outs himself as a 911 troofer that means I can accuse all of ya'll of holding those beliefs right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've never heard of this "911", "troofer", or "boots". Are "boots" some sort of food?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:41:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

And the closest corollary is their century of anti-gun control votes, including voting against an AWB when Bush claimed to want it. I am going to keep repeating this because the topic is republicans and gun control. Not health care, chevy camaros, flowers in the attic, or whatever fucking tangent you want to run off on in order to somehow justify your asinine statements.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're moving the goalposts and trying to reframe the argument to one you can win. Silly, but about what I'd expect. Have fun with that.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:43:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I've never heard of this "911", "troofer", or "boots". Are "boots" some sort of food?
View Quote

So, now you're reduced to nit-picking spelling and trolling? Sounds about right.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:44:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Jesus GD is stupid.

View Quote

You know where the door is, Dan.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:44:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Anyone who votes for an antigun candidate is an enemy.  Period.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:57:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You're moving the goalposts and trying to reframe the argument to one you can win. Silly, but about what I'd expect. Have fun with that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the part where you just repeat everything I say, isn't it? What is it with libertarians and doing that?

It started right there- republicans and guns. I haven't strayed once from that.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1681397_This_place_is_infested_.html&page=5#i50145689

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:58:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

So, now you're reduced to nit-picking spelling and trolling? Sounds about right.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was trying out the "play dumb" act to see how it felt.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:59:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

This is the part where you just repeat everything I say, isn't it? What is it with libertarians and doing that?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1681397_This_place_is_infested_.html&page=5#i50145689

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't repeat what you said, I accused you of moving the goalposts.

This topic is whether or not the Republican opposition to gun control would stand up against a Republican President pushing for it. You can try to reframe it, but that's how all this started.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:00:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
People that don't agree with 100% GOP talking points are "Moby" Democratic Underground plants. Like when I talk about how I think Jeb Bush is a trash candidate, that means that secretly I work for the DNC.
View Quote

I tend to agree
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:09:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

This topic is whether or not the Republican opposition to gun control would stand up against a Republican President pushing for it. You can try to reframe it, but that's how all this started.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And you are, in fact, just repeating what I say. Fascinating! You DO realize that claiming I'm reframing a conversation when I've been sticking like glue to the subject is an outright lie, don't you?

Do you have anything to add, or are you just going to keep acting like a child getting the last word?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:19:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
i hold you asshat hardcore republicans in even more contempt that i do libtards.  you think you are entitled to my vote?  EFF YOU BRO.  the tea party and libertarians are actually working on getting votes.  GOP just cannot keep from stomping on their own dicks.  oh, the country will go down the shitter?  heres a fun fact:  its already there. IDGAF any more
View Quote

I'm voting straight R next Tuesday.  Given the GOPs record on the 2A (and defense and foreign policy issues as well), I'll be voting straight R for every election after that.

I hope your head explodes.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:20:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

And you are, in fact, just repeating what I say. Fascinating! You DO realize that claiming I'm reframing a conversation when I've been sticking like glue to the subject is an outright lie, don't you?

Do you have anything to add, or are you just going to keep acting like a child getting the last word?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're either intellectually dishonest, too myopic to realize why you're wrong, or deliberately obfuscating like a politician because you know you'll lose an actual discussion of the issue at hand. Either way, there's no point in trying to discuss X when you keep insisting that we only discuss Y and we've only ever been discussing Y and blah blah blah.

TLDR I don't give a fuck about you and you're not worth my time. Have fun furiously masturbating to your own perceived superiority.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:34:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

In that particular case, GWB was taking a huge election club away from the Democrats, and winning an election by not allowing them to beat him with it.  They are doing it in THIS election with candidates all around the country--"HE/SHE SUPPORTS ASSAULT WEAPONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!"    

He can lie all he wants if it's done in that manner.  Only the most dedicated to idiocy idiots believe otherwise--"He WOULD HAVE signed it, I just know it!!"  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good thing he's on my ignore list.

I must admit it is kind of sad that the best the Republicans can muster is "no no, our guys were just lying when they say pro gun control things!" but I agree with the sentiment.

In that particular case, GWB was taking a huge election club away from the Democrats, and winning an election by not allowing them to beat him with it.  They are doing it in THIS election with candidates all around the country--"HE/SHE SUPPORTS ASSAULT WEAPONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!"    

He can lie all he wants if it's done in that manner.  Only the most dedicated to idiocy idiots believe otherwise--"He WOULD HAVE signed it, I just know it!!"  

They remember how he furiously lobbied to renew the AWB in 2004, then attempted to strong-arm Congress to pass a new AWB after the VT massacre.  His critics-many claiming to be"libertarians" (guffaw, snort) here in GD were traumatized at the way George W. sold out gun owners during his 8 years as prez.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:35:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You're either intellectually dishonest, too myopic to realize why you're wrong, or deliberately obfuscating like a politician because you know you'll lose an actual discussion of the issue at hand. Either way, there's no point in trying to discuss X when you keep insisting that we only discuss Y and we've only ever been discussing Y and blah blah blah.

TLDR I don't give a fuck about you and you're not worth my time. Have fun furiously masturbating to your own perceived superiority.
View Quote

Oh look! An actual temper tantrum!

What discussion did I lose? Did the nearly century long record of republicans voting against gun control change in the past five minutes?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:37:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:29:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

What discussion did I lose? Did the nearly century long record of republicans voting against gun control change in the past five minutes?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That makes the last election even more ridiculous on the part of the GOP faithful here.

With all your fantastic pro gun people you claim to have,  you still managed to go for fucking mitt romney who successfully banned assault weapons permanently amd is on record saying YOU have no right to own them

Fucking awesome.  You guys rule.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:32:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

That makes the last election even more ridiculous on the part of the GOP faithful here.

With all your fantastic pro gun people you claim to have,  you still managed to go for fucking mitt romney who successfully banned assault weapons permanently amd is on record saying YOU have no right to own them

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And here we have you, repeating a made up meaningless word like "assault weapon" as if it means the same thing to any two people, and appearing to be ignorant as to the role of a legislature.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:37:53 PM EDT
[#44]
cooties
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:38:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Yeah that's the main point here. That no one can agree on a definition.

Totally not the point, that you guys rallied around a gun banner that doesn't believe in YOUR rights as a free man.

Awesome.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:39:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Totally not the point, that you guys rallied around a gun banner that doesn't believe in YOUR rights as a free man.

Awesome.
View Quote

...and because of him you hate Republicans right?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:42:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Just finished skimming the thread...holy shit, this place has some crazy people (me included).  I do want to publicly apologize to Bohr_Adam, I was an asshole in the other thread...no two ways about it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:45:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome.

Nope. Theres where you are wrong.

Because of you people voting for him, supporting him, chastising those who would not,  and claiming you are conservative,  I hate republicans.

But heyn he has an R by his name.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:45:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Romney? never heard of him.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:50:08 PM EDT
[#50]

You don't say!

Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top