User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 6:41:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 6:43:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was just thinking about this today. I use SGN, ARMS, WAguns and have been a paying NRA member for a long time.

I'm beyond upset at the lack of support provided by NRA. I will not be renewing my membership.
View Quote

instead of cancelling your membership, you should be calling them and demanding they resolve their differences with alan gottlieb and the SAF, and start working on a coordinated strategy to defeat bloomberg's initiatives.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 6:45:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 6:50:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I've tried contacting NRA-ILA numerous times, they give you bullshit excuses or won't return calls and their responses to emails are copy/paste generic replies like you get from contacting your senator.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was just thinking about this today. I use SGN, ARMS, WAguns and have been a paying NRA member for a long time.

I'm beyond upset at the lack of support provided by NRA. I will not be renewing my membership.

instead of cancelling your membership, you should be calling them and demanding they resolve their differences with alan gottlieb and the SAF, and start working on a coordinated strategy to defeat bloomberg's initiatives.

I've tried contacting NRA-ILA numerous times, they give you bullshit excuses or won't return calls and their responses to emails are copy/paste generic replies like you get from contacting your senator.

if enough of us do it they might start listening. or talk to regional NRA reps.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:06:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:08:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

ETA:

and
View Quote

My sig line is appropriate.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:09:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:11:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:13:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:29:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:37:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:38:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
If Gottlieb wants background checks then why is he fighting 594?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If Alan Gottlieb had his way, we'd have a nationwide universal background check supported by Chuckie Schumer.  Which would be great for WA since that was still better than I-594.  Kind of shitty for the rest of us though.

If Gottlieb wants background checks then why is he fighting 594?

Have you READ I-594?

The entire law as written.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:39:27 PM EDT
[#13]
We have the Washington Arms Collectors (who are the pro-gun lobby group), yet most Washington Hometown Forum members hate them and refuse to support them.

We also have the Gun Owners Of America and The Second Amendment Foundation in Washington, yet most Washington Hometowm Forum members hate them and refuse to support them.

We are our worst enemy.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:41:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Why does contributing to someone's campaign help defeat the ballot measure?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:42:20 PM EDT
[#15]
NRA life member here.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:39:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:21:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm an NRA lifetime member - how do I get my eagle?

Also I594 as it's described in the voters pamphlet is VERY misleading and the rebuttal is poor in my opinion.  WA is fucked here because it looks like little to no effort was put forth to stop 594. NRA could have made the difference with one ad explaining how crazy the whole "transfer" thing is going to be...
View Quote

This.

Instead of fighting 594 , WA gun Rights groups wasted time and effort to push 591 which is so poorly thought out it is doomed to failure.

They should have been running adds against 594 when they were collecting signatures instead of pushing 591 which caused a lot of confusion and actually helped 594 because people signed 594 thinking it was pro-gun the 594 people here had signs saying "protect gun rights" sign 594 .

I have not seen a single anti-594 add on TV.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:21:36 PM EDT
[#18]
NRA has to pick and choose their battles, and can't focus their efforts on all states all the time.  Everyone looks to the NRA to do everything, but it should be the residents of the states that should be the primary force.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:54:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:01:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Lol it's hardly quixotic, Washington has always defeated anti-gun measures. Until now when we're getting railroaded by bloomberg money and the NRA is no where to be found. Not even a TV ad.

For everyone that thinks we are libtard central, this state has extremely good gun laws. One of the original shall issue CCW state's and better carry laws than most, and we've been improving NFA access the last couple years.

We may swing blue on a lot of congressional elections, but there's a liberal-tarian precedent when it comes to guns, but the other side is openly allowed to lie about whats in their initiative and we don't have the money to fight it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They spend money where the investment has a chance of success.   NRA does not tilt at windmills.

Lol it's hardly quixotic, Washington has always defeated anti-gun measures. Until now when we're getting railroaded by bloomberg money and the NRA is no where to be found. Not even a TV ad.

For everyone that thinks we are libtard central, this state has extremely good gun laws. One of the original shall issue CCW state's and better carry laws than most, and we've been improving NFA access the last couple years.

We may swing blue on a lot of congressional elections, but there's a liberal-tarian precedent when it comes to guns, but the other side is openly allowed to lie about whats in their initiative and we don't have the money to fight it.

It isn't common for members on this forum to sell out or poke fun at other states which pass gun laws, as odd as it may seem. Yes it might be a hard battle, but what gun control does Iowa have that is coming up? Keep in mind a lot of people live in WA. Best of luck to your state OP.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:13:25 PM EDT
[#21]
I've been a member for the last fifteen years, I don't expect anything from the NRA. They're not selling you services, we contribute to "the cause" because they fight for the cause.
I594 is total dildos but if it passes that means my neighbors want me to be a criminal. So be it??
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:15:42 PM EDT
[#22]
In 2012, the NRA donated $408,163 directly to candidates across the entire country. Washington state candidates received $68,300 or 16.7% of total candidate contributions for the entire country.  

In 2012 and 2013 the NRA Foundation (funded by Friends of the NRA events) sent $443,921 to Washington state in the form of grants to support the shooting sports.  

This cycle, when winning the Senate is critical to the NATIONAL gun rights picture, they're spending $500,000 to help you fight a state level initiative.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:28:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

We are doing all we can.

I can't afford to run a TV ad on evening television by myself though.

Social media is a big help in getting the word out to gun owners though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
NRA has to pick and choose their battles, and can't focus their efforts on all states all the time.  Everyone looks to the NRA to do everything, but it should be the residents of the states that should be the primary force.

We are doing all we can.

I can't afford to run a TV ad on evening television by myself though.

Social media is a big help in getting the word out to gun owners though.

NRA is running ads all day long nationwide on cable and satellite channels.  They run the ads on Fox News every day.  They have been running ads for two months straight.  How much are you donating to them to fund these ads you want run?

I went and read the initiative. They had over 300,000 petition signatures?  Looks like if the voters in WA want this they are going to get it.  

An initiative by petition put two anti Wolf hunting laws on our ballot this coming Tuesday.  The state legislature went and passed a bill that invalidates the two laws even if they manage to get passed come Tuesday.  I believe there is a 3rd initiative on the ballot that also enacts a law to make sure anti-hunting laws can not get passed by initiative, also.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:35:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Life member here that had to flee NYS and knew they did nothing.

Worse than that, I couldn't even get a post regarding my efforts there in their foru, without it being deleted.

I felt abandoned too. I guess it is just like politicians, pick the ones you think are good and hope they work in your best interests.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:39:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Just saw another NRA ad on Fox News.  Second one in two hours.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:42:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I don't carry around my NRA card or my NRA-ILA contribution receipts. Regardless, I understand their lack of presence at this time.. I've had the conversation probably a dozen times now, and it's tiresome.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The fact is that opposing 594 pre-election is throwing good money after bad.. it's polling with 60%+ support.

Once it passes and the legal challenges start, that's when I'll judge their involvement.

What's your involvement with the NRA?

I don't see your Eagle.

I have to show you credentials to share an opinion?

I find it interesting those that talk bad or "I'll judge their involvement" are not even members.

I don't carry around my NRA card or my NRA-ILA contribution receipts. Regardless, I understand their lack of presence at this time.. I've had the conversation probably a dozen times now, and it's tiresome.

Ok, I'll just ask. Are you a life member?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:46:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Washington is a lost cause. The gun laws are constantly rated in the bottom 25 states no matter how you'd like to see them. Its getting more and more liberal all the time. There are really two options for you. A) You live in western Washington, which in that case you're fucked and wouldn't know pro gun or a conservative lifestyle if it slapped you in the face. Or B) You live in eastern Washington which in that case you should move to Idaho and never look back. Pumping money into the  state of Washington would be an absolute waste of money for the NRA.
View Quote

You know you've pretty well screwed yourself here, right?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:47:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You can opt out easily.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd have an eagle if it weren't for all that junk mail...

You can opt out easily.

You did realize he's got an eagle, right?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:48:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Im good. Just my simple opinion boss. Rebut all you want but I really don't give two shits.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Washington is a lost cause. The gun laws are constantly rated in the bottom 25 states no matter how you'd like to see them. Its getting more and more liberal all the time. There are really two options for you. A) You live in western Washington, which in that case you're fucked and wouldn't know pro gun or a conservative lifestyle if it slapped you in the face. Or B) You live in eastern Washington which in that case you should move to Idaho and never look back. Pumping money into the  state of Washington would be an absolute waste of money for the NRA.

Let me show you where you don't know what the fuck you're babbling about.

Im good. Just my simple opinion boss. Rebut all you want but I really don't give two shits.

BING! Paging NorCal. Familiarity check on aisle 1.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:49:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yes, Sir. Done a long time ago.

I'm sorry you didn't see my lmae joke...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can opt out easily.

You're a goose!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:50:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
+1  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
+1  

+2
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:51:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Boss? How much jail time have you done?

It's extremely ignorant to rule out a whole swath of a state.. I work at MS and even at this super liberal company there are a ton of conservative shooters here. It's like saying anyone from ID is either a white supremacist or a Mormon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me show you where you don't know what the fuck you're babbling about.

Boss? How much jail time have you done?

It's extremely ignorant to rule out a whole swath of a state.. I work at MS and even at this super liberal company there are a ton of conservative shooters here. It's like saying anyone from ID is either a white supremacist or a Mormon.

Dude, I'm a Mormon and I am *NOT* from Idaho....
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:52:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I don't have an eagle. What's your point?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The fact is that opposing 594 pre-election is throwing good money after bad.. it's polling with 60%+ support.

Once it passes and the legal challenges start, that's when I'll judge their involvement.

I don't see your Eagle.

Get an eagle? *guessing*
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:53:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Don't go there, if you do the next question will be "where's your tank?"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't see your Eagle.

Don't go there, if you do the next question will be "where's your tank?"

I see your tank and raise you a.... Um... A..... Umm.... Awe shit.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:54:30 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
The NRA sucks! With all the money I gave them, all I got was a sticking jacket and several NRA labeled caps. However I'm invited to the national meetings every year, but I have to pay my way! WTF, they can't feed me for free?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can opt out easily.

The NRA sucks! With all the money I gave them, all I got was a sticking jacket and several NRA labeled caps. However I'm invited to the national meetings every year, but I have to pay my way! WTF, they can't feed me for free?

Wait, you got a jacket and hats?

All I got was a pin and sticker.

I feel so unwanted and used that I should contact them and demand my money back!

Also: I'd have to pay my own way to go to the meetings? Damn it! I'm sure they have a NRA jet that could pick me up.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:54:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
how much have you donated to . . . the RKBA fight?  
View Quote

Tree fiddy
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:55:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I complain about the NRA often. I don't have an eagle so what's your assumption of me?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The point is that it often seems the most vocal people about what the NRA should be doing to benefit them are often folks who can't be bothered to even do the bare minimum to support the group.  

Like Spartanatheart, and OP.

I complain about the NRA often. I don't have an eagle so what's your assumption of me?

You like green and black cars and don't have an eagle....
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:57:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:57:22 PM EDT
[#39]
I will concur. The NRA sucks
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:57:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:58:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

<-----NRA Life Member - No Eagle
<-----Veteran - No Tank

Not everyone needs shiny logos to feel good about themselves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't see your Eagle.

The point is that it often seems the most vocal people about what the NRA should be doing to benefit them are often folks who can't be bothered to even do the bare minimum to support the group.  

Like Spartanatheart, and OP.

<-----NRA Life Member - No Eagle
<-----Veteran - No Tank

Not everyone needs shiny logos to feel good about themselves.

<--------------- Amateur Astronaut - No space shuttle.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:03:00 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

What is the likely hood of any GOP winning any political office in Washington State?  

They are picking their battles with the goal of a GOP controlled Senate.
View Quote

They actually do win but Election fraud is beyond rampant in Washington and it is encouraged. The lefties are intrenched and they do their best to rig the elections in Washington state.  Any one who is in the slightest familiar with the 2004 Washington state governor race knows that it was possibly the most Blatant act of election fraud/conspiracy in our nations history. There should of been a bunch of people put in jail by a bunch I mean hundreds possibly thousands.

If the national GOP had actually organized and used all their power to investigate the 2004 elections quite frankly it would of resulted in multiple national wins. It would of been a black eye that the democrats would of taken years to recover from.

If Washington state actually received political support from outside the state they could expelle some of these intrenched liberals screwing with the voter rolls and elections. The state would be decidedly red. outside of king county it is pretty much decidedly red. But king county has a bunch of tentacles in other local elections.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:26:17 AM EDT
[#43]
While I disagree with OP, some of the comments in this thread are fucking disgusting. How the fuck can some of you act so giddy about your fellow gun owners getting raped by the antis?

What the fuck ever. If this shit passes, I will say in the most COC friendly way I can. I WILL NOT COMPLY.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:31:02 AM EDT
[#44]
The counties of Pierce, King  and Snohomish are able to determine our fate with their leftist agenda.
These are the good ol days boys.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:33:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
We have the Washington Arms Collectors (who are the pro-gun lobby group), yet most Washington Hometown Forum members hate them and refuse to support them.

We also have the Gun Owners Of America and The Second Amendment Foundation in Washington, yet most Washington Hometowm Forum members hate them and refuse to support them.

We are our worst enemy.
View Quote

This man knows what he's talking about here.

I've lived in WA my entire life ( no eagle but an NRA member since age 19) and I can't  justify blaming the NRA on this subject at all.  The NRA has to play chess not checkers.  The deck is so stacked here in WA on state level elections that it would be foolish for the NRA to throw away a bunch of money here.  I don't like the fact that this initiative is probably going to pass any more than the OP does but in this case, I think saying the NRA sucks is very misguided

ERic
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:34:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:36:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Own worst enemy
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:38:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Colorado gave us all a wonderful example of this after their most recent bout of the derp.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:39:20 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Dude, I'm a Mormon and I am *NOT* from Idaho....
View Quote

Shhhhhh! Don't tell them we're spreading.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:41:06 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Own worst enemy
View Quote
You realize most of them are not our own. Many are outright enemies who have no interest in liberty or actual rights. Even some of the Community shepherds on this site attack without consequences.

Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top