Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:21:15 PM EDT
[#1]
As another member already posted.  My wife told me I love her unconditionally as well
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:39:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:42:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What is LBAW?
View Quote

Latino Bar Association of Washington.

Not sure what she has against lawyers.  Maybe Aimless said something mean once.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:49:40 PM EDT
[#4]
She is everything to me.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:55:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Going on 27yrs married. 5 kids, I granddaughter, 2 more grand kids on the way. She truly is my life.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:58:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I love my wife so much I divorced her.  I think it was the arfcom curse.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:02:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I thought of marrying a chick because it would make my life a lot easier in a lot of ways and I knew she'd say yes, even though I didn't really romantically love her the way way I've used to be in love, so we broke it off because she was looking for a marriage.  Still wondering if that was the right thing to do, because I could be so better off now if I did and it wasn't like I DISLIKED her.  I was quite fond of her, but she wasn't an ideal bride (she was a single mother) and I thought I could do better.

I settled before in something very important to me and it made me unhappy, so I looked at marriage through that same prism.  Maybe it wasn't an appropriate comparison.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:04:14 AM EDT
[#8]
It has to be unconditional in my case.
Otherwise, I would be divorced like the other half of the US population.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:09:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

lol, how do you know what my reality is? guys do you talk about your wife's period with her? how rude the mani pedi lady was? whether she feels fat today, etc etc? probably not, she talks with her girlfriends about those things, because frankly you don't have  a clue what she's going through...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2451115/Four-women-spend-time-girlfriends-husbands.html
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
hate to tell the unconditionally guys but truth be known your wife would pick her girlfriend as her best friend not you, just the way woman are. we think of them as our best friends but we arent. even if they love us and we love them..

My reality is different.

To a degree, the way we choose to live our lives and the company we choose to keep creates a reality for each of us.  You and I and most of the others posting in this thread have created realities different from the one wbaumer has created for himself.

lol, how do you know what my reality is? guys do you talk about your wife's period with her? how rude the mani pedi lady was? whether she feels fat today, etc etc? probably not, she talks with her girlfriends about those things, because frankly you don't have  a clue what she's going through...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2451115/Four-women-spend-time-girlfriends-husbands.html

Yes actually, I do talk to my wife about those things. Because she is my wife and I love her. She also talks to me about the things that go on in my life because she loves me. It sucks that you don't have a woman in your life that actually likes you, I hope someday you do. My wife chooses to hang out with me over every other person she knows. She basically chose to drop all of her "friends" when we got married.

Let me walk you through a day in her life. She gets up, goes to work finishes work and then rushes home. We hang out all evening talking and playing games with our son. After he goes to bed we will hang out some more, sometimes we play video games, sometimes we watch tv or movies, sometimes we just chat while she knits and I work on other things. On weekends we do things together, usually with our son but sometimes we will go on "getaways' just the two of us. My wife is my best friend, I am her best friend.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:13:18 AM EDT
[#10]
I've been married for 15 years, and am still in love with the same woman.  If my wife finds out she'll kill me.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:24:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I did till she decided to jump some other dick
View Quote

My first wife did that. I refer to her as the baby-mama now. Luckily, I found somebody far better. I thought I was in love before. Now I know what love really is.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:32:02 AM EDT
[#12]
I love my wife to pieces. We don't;  have the same hobbies, enjoy the same music, we watch different kinds of movies, we see the world differently, we have different emotions etc etc etc

I love my wife. We are now finding out she cannot have kids. It has hurt us both to the core and I honestly can't imagine life without children of our own so this has strained our relationship. It's hard some days but we manage.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:48:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:54:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:43:23 PM EDT
[#15]
We have our ups and downs but I love her to death, together almost 23 years now.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:52:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I am so sorry to read this.  We have some very good friends who want kids more than anything but cannot have them, and I have seen that strain... but they have worked through it.

Please consider adoption at some point, unless you object to the idea.  IMHO, good people who really want children and want to be parents shouldn't miss out because of biology, and there are too many young children who need a home/family/love for a wide  variety of reasons.  Just a thought.  I know a few couples who have adopted and could not love their children more if they tried.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
... I love my wife. We are now finding out she cannot have kids. It has hurt us both to the core and I honestly can't imagine life without children of our own so this has strained our relationship. It's hard some days but we manage.

I am so sorry to read this.  We have some very good friends who want kids more than anything but cannot have them, and I have seen that strain... but they have worked through it.

Please consider adoption at some point, unless you object to the idea.  IMHO, good people who really want children and want to be parents shouldn't miss out because of biology, and there are too many young children who need a home/family/love for a wide  variety of reasons.  Just a thought.  I know a few couples who have adopted and could not love their children more if they tried.

Adoption is [generally] a saintly and heroic thing to do IMO!!! Adoption is usually a tough process. I salute the people who do it and think very highly of them. I've said for years that if one of my daughters were to get pregnant before they were fully mature and capable of being a good mother... I would push hard for them to give the baby up for adoption. Adoption is a win-win-win for the unready parent, for the child, AND for the adoptive parents! When I told my [female] coworkers of this view, they were like "oh, I could NEVER support my child giving-up their child for adoption". My response: "yeah... cause it's all about YOU and YOUR needs. "  More and more people just don't have the balls and honor to do what's right any more. Having a child raised by a parent who has not grown-up his or herself is not optimal. Having a child raised by a couple who has grown-up, who has the financial means, and who desperately wants a child -- how the hell does it get any more optimal than that?!?!?

Anyways... didn't mean to ramble-on here. Just want you adoptive parents to know that I think the world of you for what you do. You're part of the solution to what ails this society.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:58:02 PM EDT
[#17]
I can't imagine life without her.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:06:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same, i would get my self in trouble pretty fast with out her.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:07:48 PM EDT
[#19]
I do
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:10:42 PM EDT
[#20]
I've been married just over six months, but man this is a pretty sweet gig.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:28:16 PM EDT
[#21]
"im madly in anger with youoo!!"
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:31:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I thought of marrying a chick because it would make my life a lot easier in a lot of ways and I knew she'd say yes, even though I didn't really romantically love her the way way I've used to be in love, so we broke it off because she was looking for a marriage.  Still wondering if that was the right thing to do, because I could be so better off now if I did and it wasn't like I DISLIKED her.  I was quite fond of her, but she wasn't an ideal bride (she was a single mother) and I thought I could do better.

I settled before in something very important to me and it made me unhappy, so I looked at marriage through that same prism.  Maybe it wasn't an appropriate comparison.

View Quote

Settling and acceptance of it are the keys to happiness
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:34:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:43:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Even though we're very different people, she's the love of my life and I let her know it every day.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:02:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Well I won't be sharing a meal with her picture, but I'd be a miserable son of a bitch for a long while if she were gone.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:16:47 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
funny, i believe she is your best friend, whether you are her best friend is up in the air. many men would be shocked by the truth of who is their wife's best friend...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

We have been married 30 Years, My wife really is my best friend.

We started out as good friends and then the love came later.

Funny part is she was the last person I ever though I would marry.

Many who have known us over the years comment on we love each other.

We're both in it for the long haul and we do what it takes to make it work out.

Though I still think she got the short side of this deal

funny, i believe she is your best friend, whether you are her best friend is up in the air. many men would be shocked by the truth of who is their wife's best friend...

That's sad for you.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:40:03 PM EDT
[#27]
We met when we were both in the military and working on the flightline. She was a crew chief on a KC-135 and had her own bird. I was an Aerospace Ground Equipment mechanic. We went steady for about four years and got everything straightened out before we got married. I cringe every time I hear somebody talking about how they married after a short courtship period.

The most important thing to get settled while we were going steady was the subject of kids, I just didn't know how she felt about having kids. So, I just came right out and ask her if she wanted any kids and she said, "Hell no!". I said, "Great! Let's get hitched!". We're working on a little over 30 years of marriage now and have not regretted our choice about not having kids, even once.

We both love going to the range and putting lead down range. We've gone deer and elk hunting together. She just turned out around 600 rounds of 300 Winchester Magnum reloads for me on the Hornady rock chucker. She's one helluva a damn good cook and turns out some mean ass peppercorn and garlic jerky. The guys I work with always just look at me with that "you lucky fucker" look when I tell them about my wife.

In the poll I voted unconditionally as I would lay my life down to protect my wife. My life would be empty with my girl. She's one helluva gal!  
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:41:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just asked.  She said I love her unconditionally.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:05:09 PM EDT
[#29]
The original thread was dusty in there....then someone posted "to blathe" ( thanx for that by the way).

I scouted her when she was 10 (and so was I). I rode the bus from one elementary and she walked home from another. I remember her pigtail was long and whipped when she walked.

Evil plan came together at 15...28 years so far.

I will not be the old man with a picture. I die first (house rule). If not....I will be in the ground beside her before my first meal alone.

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 5:36:40 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

The original thread was dusty in there....then someone posted "to blathe" ( thanx for that by the way).

I scouted her when she was 10 (and so was I). I rode the bus from one elementary and she walked home from another. I remember her pigtail was long and whipped when she walked.

Evil plan came together at 15...28 years so far.

I will not be the old man with a picture. I die first (house rule). If not....I will be in the ground beside her before my first meal alone.

View Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIdCo_QAz_E

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 5:41:30 PM EDT
[#31]
I definitely love my wifeand to show her I chew on her and get her clothing all messed up snd out of order every day.

She seems to enjoy it.

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 5:43:52 PM EDT
[#32]
15 years
i love and appreciate her more every day
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 5:45:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yep
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 6:13:22 PM EDT
[#34]
This one?  Yes.

The others?  Not so much.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 6:21:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Had starter with for 15yrs  - struggled with everything.  I stayed with her because of the kids.  I woke up one day and thought no more.  I told her I was leaving and did.  It was tough but I found my 2nd and last wife under my nose. We've been together for 12 years and there's not a day that doesn't go by that I don't thank God for bringing her into my life.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 7:49:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
If you love your wife unconditionally, does that mean if she cheats you would forgive her?  I think I would, if she wanted to stay with me.

Been married 12 years, my world revolves around my wife and kids.
View Quote

Unconditionally.....    Unless she "jumps another dick".   Then she'd be on her own.  

30+ years so far, so good...
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 8:12:30 PM EDT
[#37]
My living example of "unconditional love" is my Grandfather.

They got married as teenagers back in the 1940's, he fought in WWII (see avatar), went to school and lived on $90/month post war and raised a family in the 40s-50s-60s. She was the quintessential homemaker while he worked and supported the family. All the way until the early 2000's they were regular Ozzie & Harriet's. Vacations, their first Cadillac, playing golf, traveling the world, dinner parties, fussing over the lawn, country clubs and spoiling their grandchildren. All normal grandparent stuff.

Then roles reversed and he cared for her daily as she declined due to Alzheimer's. Over 10 years he went from cared for to care giver. Cooking, cleaning, care giving, showering, doing her hair, cutting her nails, getting her out of the house, dealing with the embarrassment as she forgot to eat. I'd never seen my grandfather so much as make a bowl of cereal and suddenly he was the 25/7/365 in home nurse to what used to be his wife.

While he'd occasionally get frustrated he never complained about the role and fought to keep her at home and comfortable as long as he could. Even in the final year when the accidents were more frequent and she reverted mostly to being a small child, he insisted she be treated with dignity and respect. He never gave up on her and keep her dressed well, health needs addressed and even took her to the beauty shop on the regular (which I'm sure was a real treat for an 80 year old man). He secured in-home care for personal needs and as a sitter so he could get a few minutes respite. I sure it would have been far easier for him to store her away in a nursing home but he'd never consider it (unless it was medically necessary).

He succeeded right up until her final weekend when she went to the hospital for the last time. Then he made the final, painstaking decision to end further medical support when it was clear she was gone (despite all the tubes/machines).

All he kept saying while planning the funeral was "I want the best of everything and to make it as respectful & classy as possible" when asked the 1000 planning questions. He dropped damn near $30k in one day to "make it nice".

He visits her mausoleum every Sunday and holiday (and I suspect more often than that). A man who never really expresses emotion never fails to kiss the granite and say "I love you" while I'm there.

That's my example for unconditional love.

So far, I'm not quite sure I've measured up.

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 8:24:57 PM EDT
[#38]
1 Corinthians 13:4-8 "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails.... "

I love my wife, even when she doesn't deserve it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 8:29:02 PM EDT
[#39]
<CoC #1>
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 8:29:04 PM EDT
[#40]

Happily married, I love my wife, got me a good one.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 8:29:56 PM EDT
[#41]
I can truly say that Im still 100% in love with (and still lusting after) my wife of 18 years.  I'll be the first to admit that I outkicked my coverage but it goes beyond that.  Not one time has she even questioned me buying a gun, a car, etc.  While so many of my friends and colleagues do nothing but bitch about their wife/SO, I'm still like a kid on Christmas morning.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 8:33:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

They got married as teenagers back in the 1940's, he fought in WWII (see avatar), went to school and lived on $90/month post war and raised a family in the 40s-50s-60s. She was the quintessential homemaker while he worked and supported the family. All the way until the early 2000's they were regular Ozzie & Harriet's. Vacations, their first Cadillac, playing golf, traveling the world, dinner parties, fussing over the lawn, country clubs and spoiling their grandchildren. All normal grandparent stuff.

Then roles reversed and he cared for her daily as she declined due to Alzheimer's. Over 10 years he went from cared for to care giver. Cooking, cleaning, care giving, showering, doing her hair, cutting her nails, getting her out of the house, dealing with the embarrassment as she forgot to eat. I'd never seen my grandfather so much as make a bowl of cereal and suddenly he was the 25/7/365 in home nurse to what used to be his wife.

While he'd occasionally get frustrated he never complained about the role and fought to keep her at home and comfortable as long as he could. Even in the final year when the accidents were more frequent and she reverted mostly to being a small child, he insisted she be treated with dignity and respect. He never gave up on her and keep her dressed well, health needs addressed and even took her to the beauty shop on the regular (which I'm sure was a real treat for an 80 year old man). He secured in-home care for personal needs and as a sitter so he could get a few minutes respite. I sure it would have been far easier for him to store her away in a nursing home but he'd never consider it (unless it was medically necessary).

He succeeded right up until her final weekend when she went to the hospital for the last time. Then he made the final, painstaking decision to end further medical support when it was clear she was gone (despite all the tubes/machines).

All he kept saying while planning the funeral was "I want the best of everything and to make it as respectful & classy as possible" when asked the 1000 planning questions. He dropped damn near $30k in one day to "make it nice".

He visits her mausoleum every Sunday and holiday (and I suspect more often than that). A man who never really expresses emotion never fails to kiss the granite and say "I love you" while I'm there.

View Quote

That got me right in the feels.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 8:35:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 8:38:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
That's sad for you.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We have been married 30 Years, My wife really is my best friend.
We started out as good friends and then the love came later.

Funny part is she was the last person I ever though I would marry.

Many who have known us over the years comment on we love each other.
We're both in it for the long haul and we do what it takes to make it work out.

Though I still think she got the short side of this deal

That's sad for you.  

He's a sad person, and likes to shit in threads, wouldn't take him too seriously.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 8:39:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sounds like a man's man to me....may we all be so strong!
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 8:41:33 PM EDT
[#46]
After 33 years, Meh, I'm just in it for the long run now
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 8:50:59 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm a lucky guy.  Got a wife who loves me and I love her.  I most certainly will not have an arfcom divorce thread.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 9:22:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Unconditionally.  Yesterday, today and tomorrow she is my equal, my friend, my life.  

Wes
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 9:24:27 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm probably that guy but it isn't unconditional love.  It has conditions, such as not cheating and not being a crazy bitch.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 9:30:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Edited
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top