Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:45:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I never understood how the people of my ancestral homeland could allow the nazis to do what they did to the world.  

Now I watch what Obama is doing to the US and I think I'm starting to understand what they went through seeing the tyranny and feeling like there was nothing they could do to change it.
View Quote

No joke.

I remember seeing huge crowds in 08 fawning over this charismatic rock star they had built up.

Looking at the faces of the crowd, I could have sworn I was looking at germany 1933.

"So this is how shitbags like hitler get into power" is what I thought.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:47:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

You get it wrong, but that's not surprising, i bet you would have had plenty of excuses for nazis back then too. I don't hold modern day germans accountable for these crimes. That would make me like a nazi, indicting innocent people for crimes they didnt commit. I fight against the notion of that was in the past let bygone be bygones move ahead, blah blah. Germany OWES the world the burden of never forgetting what happened. A small price to pay for the murder of milions and millions of innocent people...
View Quote

Yet you say all Germans from that frame should be punished because they were all Nazis?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:47:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Where did you get the idea that most arfcommers think all Germans are Nazis?
View Quote

From one fucking jackass in the "Bad Guys" thread.

Germans are good people.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:50:35 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a common belief held by uneducated people throughout the USA that all Germans are NAZIs.  

Example:

At the large land grant university near me the Head Chef at a dinning hall is from Germany having met his American wife and immigrated to the USA almost 20 years ago. He has a very German name, is very tall, has grey hair, and speaks with a German accent.  However, he was only about five years old when the war ended.  Each year during Octoberfest he would plan a special menu consisting of German Dishes for one day and decorate the dinning hall in a festive Octoberfest way.  Each year that is until a complaint was made with the university's "Office of Inclusion."  The German Chef had hung in the dinning hall flags with the Iron Cross on them and an African American kitchen staff member had misinterpreted it as a Swastika and filed a complaint.  It became clear to all concerned that at no point did the Chef hang any Swastika or other NAZI symbol.  However, rather than take this opportunity to educate the kitchen staff member about the Iron Cross to help "include" The German Chef's culture into the university the German Chef was given an official reprimand in his employment record by the "Office of Inclusion."  In short, the German Chef was reprimanded for displaying "hateful" symbols on university property and ordered to attend a class on how to be more culturally sensitive.  The German Chef choose not to appeal the decision or take it up with his union.  Unfortunately, he no longer puts on an Octoberfest meal or decorates the dinning hall.  However, I will point out that the entire university each year is well appointed with decorations during Kwanzaa.  

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:50:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yet you say all Germans from that frame should be punished because they were all Nazis?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You get it wrong, but that's not surprising, i bet you would have had plenty of excuses for nazis back then too. I don't hold modern day germans accountable for these crimes. That would make me like a nazi, indicting innocent people for crimes they didnt commit. I fight against the notion of that was in the past let bygone be bygones move ahead, blah blah. Germany OWES the world the burden of never forgetting what happened. A small price to pay for the murder of milions and millions of innocent people...

i think they should be held accountable if they were part of the german war machine, absolutely
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:51:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Not to mention, Germans are still the only group of people who can be openly mocked in movies, commercials, and TV shows.  We don't need an activist group to protect our feelings, and you don't hear us bitching about it.  It's easy to let these things slide when you already know you come from a strong people with a rich history that is a lot more complex than what happened in World War 2.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:51:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Germans are good people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Germans are good people.

He keeps going after other members, he wont be an issue for long Methinks.  He's the first person i've bothered to block since Dave_A
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:51:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Germans are good people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Germans are good people.

except for two world wars, the holocaust, murder of millions,other than that swell people...
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:52:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I personally don't harbor any ill will towards any of the Germans around today, and certainly don't associate them with the horrors perpetrated by their GOVERNMENT 70 years ago.

I view the Germans as more civilized, modern, cultured, and sophisticated than probably 90% of the world.

People need to let shit go.

To many mother fuckers try to guilt/shame the living because of the transgressions of the dead in order to promote an agenda.

yes, remembering that they killed millions of men women and defenseless children in a madman's genocidal dream is part of an agenda and should just be let go. F you, the cries of justice from these victims from many countries should never be silenced...
btw it was committed by the german PEOPLE not their govt, govts direct real people to do things....

Go cry somewhere else, you get no sympathy from me..... Justice was served long ago in the form of defeat, subjugation, national humiliation, and partition.

This whole notion of present-day retribution for historical injustices perpetrated against by and against those long since dead rings hollow to anyone with any sense of historical perspective.

Perhaps we should continue to strike out at the British while we are at it.

Is it not this same mentality that continues to dominate the thinking of our antagonists in the middle east?

To remember is one thing, to continue to hold guilty as perpetrators of mass murder and genocide those, living, who have never marched in solidarity behind a mad man is quite another.

This is the exact thing I was talking about in my initial response. I don't know what bothers me more..... you ignorance of the modern day German people or your insistence that we continue to harbor ill will against them.

Never once did I "Make excuses for Nazis back then".... perhaps you are reading something into my comments that you want to hear in order to keep your dander up.

Your "fighting" against nothing.... your bloviating in order to maintain your argument and perceived moral superiority. The real fighting against these ideas was done many decade ago, and quite effectively I might add.

The notion that Germany OWES the world something echoes the notions, embodied by the Treaty of Versailles, that lead to the conditions conducive to the rise of Adolph Hitler. The Germany of today OWES the world nothing more or less than any other nation on the globe.

I do not condone the forgetting of the victims of the Holocaust, nor am I diminishing the guilt of those who committed those atrocities, I'm simply saying that to continue to castigate the German people for actions that 99% of the living population had no hand in committing is ridiculous.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:52:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

He keeps going after other members, he wont be an issue for long Methinks.  He's the first person i've bothered to block since Dave_A
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Germans are good people.

funny how these people want to block me for bringing up nazi atrocities, says more about them than me...
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:53:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
That's not what this is about, it's "The Germans in World War II were heroic Commie Fighters with A Few Bad Eggs"  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You either believe in the notion of "sins of our fathers" or not.
I personally do not, I think it's a slippery slope.
That's not what this is about, it's "The Germans in World War II were heroic Commie Fighters with A Few Bad Eggs"  

statistically speaking you could actually say that.  The percentage of card carrying nazis (all the power positions were card carriers) was quite low and we know for a fact that easter russia and those under russian's rule welcomed the germans until the ss brigades got in there.  Hell, the germans gave russian kids chocolate and goodies and people threw flowers at them.

HOWEVER.....your point is taken, merely stating some historical facts
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:53:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Germans are good people.

What Bad Guy thread did I miss?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:55:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

except for two world wars, the holocaust, murder of millions,other than that swell people...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Germans are good people.

Do you know the underlying reasons for the start of hostilities in both instances?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:55:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Never once did I "Make excuses for Nazis back then".... perhaps you are reading something into my comments that you want to hear in order to keep your dander up.

Your "fighting" against nothing.... your bloviating in order to maintain your argument and perceived moral superiority. The real fighting against these ideas was done many decade ago, and quite effectively I might add.

The notion that Germany OWES the world something echoes the notions, embodied by the Treaty of Versailles, that lead to the conditions conducive to the rise of Adolph Hitler. The Germany of today OWES the world nothing more or less than any other nation on the globe.

I do not condone the forgetting of the victims of the Holocaust, nor am I diminishing the guilt of those who committed those atrocities, I'm simply saying that to continue to castigate the German people for actions that 99% of the living population had no hand in committing is ridiculous.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I personally don't harbor any ill will towards any of the Germans around today, and certainly don't associate them with the horrors perpetrated by their GOVERNMENT 70 years ago.

I view the Germans as more civilized, modern, cultured, and sophisticated than probably 90% of the world.

To many mother fuckers try to guilt/shame the living because of the transgressions of the dead in order to promote an agenda.

yes, remembering that they killed millions of men women and defenseless children in a madman's genocidal dream is part of an agenda and should just be let go. F you, the cries of justice from these victims from many countries should never be silenced...
btw it was committed by the german PEOPLE not their govt, govts direct real people to do things....

Go cry somewhere else, you get no sympathy from me..... Justice was served long ago in the form of defeat, subjugation, national humiliation, and partition.

This whole notion of present-day retribution for historical injustices perpetrated against by and against those long since dead rings hollow to anyone with any sense of historical perspective.

Perhaps we should continue to strike out at the British while we are at it.

Is it not this same mentality that continues to dominate the thinking of our antagonists in the middle east?

To remember is one thing, to continue to hold guilty as perpetrators of mass murder and genocide those, living, who have never marched in solidarity behind a mad man is quite another.

This is the exact thing I was talking about in my initial response. I don't know what bothers me more..... you ignorance of the modern day German people or your insistence that we continue to harbor ill will against them.

nice try,
"A thousand years will pass and the guilt of Germany will not be erased."

Hans Frank

He should know, he was up to his neck in it...
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:57:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

nice try,

Hans Frank

View Quote

The derp is strong with this one.

Do you realize how few are still alive that had anything to do with German atrocities during WW2? Are you aware that those that are, when they're found, are prosecuted?

How do you feel about Japanese atrocities during the Second Sino-Japanese War and WW2 vs. America?

Germany, as a country, doesn't "owe" anyone anything. Do the acts of the Third Reich need to be remembered? Absolutely. But justice has been served, now we just need to remember history.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:58:53 PM EDT
[#16]

What are German women like?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:59:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

efficient
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:00:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:01:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

efficient
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

efficient

interdasting.  Im looking to visit Germany early next year.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:01:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Do you realize how few are still alive that had anything to do with German atrocities during WW2? Are you aware that those that are, when they're found, are prosecuted?

How do you feel about Japanese atrocities during the Second Sino-Japanese War and WW2 vs. America?

Germany, as a country, doesn't "owe" anyone anything. Do the acts of the Third Reich need to be remembered? Absolutely. But justice has been served, now we just need to remember history.
View Quote

justice was certainly not served.many war crimes were not pursued when we found ourselves in a cold war with russia and politicians decided we needed germany and dropped war crimes prosecution as a high priority. even joachim peiper was released after being found guilty of the atrocity at malmedy. So maybe its comforting 70 years later to think that they got what they deserved, but they didnt but fortunately soon all those involved will be dead and facing God for judgement...
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:01:36 PM EDT
[#21]

Illinois Nazis....they're the worst.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:02:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Illinois Nazis....they're the worst.
View Quote

They are definitely  not on a mission from God.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:04:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:06:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
He's not talking about present day Germans, he's talking about members of the German military during WWII. There was a thread about a german organization digging up WWII german soldiers to property bury their remains where this got started  

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1671889_German_soldiers_dug_up_at_Seelow_Heights.html&light=german

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's not talking about present day Germans, he's talking about members of the German military during WWII. There was a thread about a german organization digging up WWII german soldiers to property bury their remains where this got started  

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1671889_German_soldiers_dug_up_at_Seelow_Heights.html&light=german

It's been a topic of contention here long before that Charlie Foxtrot.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:06:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

nice try,

Hans Frank

View Quote

I'd say shit like that too if I had the entire weight of the Allied forces bearing down against me. He was right to an extent though... the guilt of those involved, the Germany of HIS DAY, would bear the guilt for a thousand years.

I'm through with this argument..... knuckle-heads gonna' knuckle-head and all that.

Go back to finger banging you Garand and fantasizing about stormin' the beaches of Normandy. I'll continue to live in the 21st century....

Thanks for perpetuating the 13er stereotype.

I finally realize the value of a paid membership... you get the luxury of an "Ignore" button.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:09:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I never understood how the people of my ancestral homeland could allow the nazis to do what they did to the world.  

Now I watch what Obama is doing to the US and I think I'm starting to understand what they went through seeing the tyranny and feeling like there was nothing they could do to change it.
View Quote

It's pretty disheartening to think what a powerful force for evil, the U.S. could become.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:09:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

What I am learning in this thread is that apparently all Americans are nazis.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
When I was in middle school and junior high in Germany (in a school with kids from lots of different countries) the only kids who made jokes about Jews in concentration camps, were the German kids.  

Example like :
"How did the Jews escape from the concentration camp?  Through the chimney!"

"How do you fit 24 Jews in a VW beetle?  Easy - two in the front, two in the back, and twenty in the ash tray."

I'm guessing they didn't invent those jokes - but probably heard them at home.

I heard those exact jokes as a kid in California. Shit gets around.

What I am learning in this thread is that apparently all Americans are nazis.  

Yep, heard those as a kid living in the Miami, FL metro area.  Among many others.  lol
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:10:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

So does being sophisticated, modern, cultured and civilized include forbidding the sale of "militarized" firearms to citizens.....Imagine if our gov't was that sophisticated. Would this site even exist? If you want, I'll PM you my info and a FFL to ship your guns to, so you can emulate their sophistication and poise.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:10:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I'd say shit like that too if I had the entire weight of the Allied forces bearing down against me. He was right to an extent though... the guilt of those involved, the Germany of HIS DAY, would bear the guilt for a thousand years.

I'm through with this argument..... knuckle-heads gonna' knuckle-head and all that.

Go back to finger banging you Garand and fantasizing about stormin' the beaches of Normandy. I'll continue to live in the 21st century....

I finally realize the value of a paid membership... you get the luxury of an "Ignore" button.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

nice try,

Hans Frank

good, listening to apologists for murderers of innocent children makes me sick
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:15:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

nice try,

Hans Frank

Stay classy!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:16:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

It's pretty disheartening to think what a powerful force for evil, the U.S. could become.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could?  More like "is becoming in some ways."    We're doing a lot of really bad shit to people that don't deserve it, both here and abroad.  As always, it's not the people.  It's the government, but the government still answers to us.  

We kill people over shit that doesn't matter in this country way too often.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:16:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Stay classy!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

nice try,

Hans Frank

Stay classy!

thought you were gone,forget your riding crop or something?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:18:19 PM EDT
[#33]
You know what's realky fucked up?

Our own country, immediately following ww2, granted safe passage, employment, and sometimes new identities to many REAL nazis that participated in ww2.

How's that for good ole morally superior us?

In fact, one could probably blame wbaumer's relatives for doing that if one were so inclined.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:23:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:24:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

OMG!!  Texans are nazis!!

Maybe if I had lived somewhere else, I would have heard them too, which is a good point.  I just remember that it was ONLY the German kids that told them at the time, and thought that was odd.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
When I was in middle school and junior high in Germany (in a school with kids from lots of different countries) the only kids who made jokes about Jews in concentration camps, were the German kids.  

Example like :
"How did the Jews escape from the concentration camp?  Through the chimney!"

"How do you fit 24 Jews in a VW beetle?  Easy - two in the front, two in the back, and twenty in the ash tray."

I'm guessing they didn't invent those jokes - but probably heard them at home.

I heard all those jokes as kid in Texas, plus others that I don't want to type on here.

OMG!!  Texans are nazis!!

Maybe if I had lived somewhere else, I would have heard them too, which is a good point.  I just remember that it was ONLY the German kids that told them at the time, and thought that was odd.

It wouldn't be the first time Germany used humor as a form of propaganda.  Before being invaded, Poland had a great education system, so Germans began a campaign of jokes about their intelligence to discredit the system and reduce sympathy so the European response to invasion wouldn't be as swift.  How well did it work?  People are still telling Polack jokes and think of the Polish as being dim-witted.

Edited quote errors.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:43:53 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Germans are good people.

Well, you certainly didn't have to go anywhere to find him!

It's a thread where ARFCOM reveals that some of us had family or acquaintances that were members of the German army, or the Italian Army, or the Japanese army etc. Several personal stories about how their families came to be in the US- Lots of really good pictures and history has been posted. This guy however, wants to personal attack families, shitpost, and intentionally attempt to get people fired up.

I had it out with him in a religion thread and blocked him then. I only know he showed up in this thread and the other one because other people are quoting him being a weapons grade douchecanoe.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:52:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

It's a thread where ARFCOM reveals that some of us had family or acquaintances that were members of the German army, or the Italian Army, or the Japanese army etc. Several personal stories about how their families came to be in the US- Lots of really good pictures and history has been posted. This guy however, wants to personal attack families, shitpost, and intentionally attempt to get people fired up.

I had it out with him in a religion thread and blocked him then. I only know he showed up in this thread and the other one because other people are quoting him being a weapons grade douchecanoe.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Germans are good people.

lol, you got your feelings hurt because someone (me) brought up the fact that they might have been involved in atrocities and you got butthurt...sorry don't remember you from any other threads, guess you didnt make much of an impression...
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:58:40 PM EDT
[#38]
/del
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:59:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Do you know anything about the author? This is published under a fake name and we've seen WWII stuff here before that ended up being BS, the Nazis in Vietnam book, the guy who escaped from a Soviet gulag (that one was a movie) who met the abominable snow man etc  

I didn't find much out about it on google.
View Quote

Yes its all covered in the preface of the book. it talks about why its under a pseudonym and that if one wanted to they could find his real name fairly easy since it also contains photos of him during the war and in POW camps. Its interesting because of when it was written and I know there are plenty of questionable and fake accounts out there as well. I enjoy all accounts from the Eastern Front, there are quite a few good reads out there from both sides if one takes the time to look for them.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:01:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

lol, you got your feelings hurt because someone (me) brought up the fact that they might have been involved in atrocities and you got butthurt...sorry don't remember you from any other threads, guess you didnt make much of an impression...
View Quote

You're pretty full of yourself aren't you?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:02:48 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

"They" are long dead.

Every single person who made the decision to kill those millions of people is dead, and whatever justice they deserve is now being put upon them in the next life.

If the cries of justice are still coming from the victims for action in this life, they are no longer cries of justice, they are cries of simple retribution and are no better than those who killed them.

Whatever guilt remains is shared through all people, regardless of where they were born.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:03:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Eastern front autobiographies are usually awesome. Killing communists is the Lord's work!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:05:33 PM EDT
[#43]
everyone remembers what the Germans did under Hitler and the Nazi party . but conveniently forget that the Russians under Stalin killed more people and committed more atrocities ...
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:07:07 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think he knows how the ignore button works. Hint. I have a membership here - I can't see any of the mindless drivel you post here unless someone else quotes you.

Maybe a picture would help:

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:08:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

nope, just don't suffer fools easily...
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:09:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I don't think he knows how the ignore button works. Hint. I have a membership here - I can't see any of the mindless drivel you post here unless someone else quotes you.

<a href="http://s29.photobucket.com/user/proaxe/media/fuckthisguyinparticularthough_zps94c601eb.png.html" target="_blank">http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c265/proaxe/fuckthisguyinparticularthough_zps94c601eb.png</a>  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s29.photobucket.com/user/proaxe/media/fuckthisguyinparticularthough_zps94c601eb.png.html" target="_blank">http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c265/proaxe/fuckthisguyinparticularthough_zps94c601eb.png</a>  

lmao, but yet you still come back. i thought ignore meant ignore, what a dufus
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:09:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
If I am stil being blamed for slavery which ended 150 years ago I get to call all germans Nazis for the rest of my life/
View Quote

this
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:11:20 PM EDT
[#48]
^^^That was actually pretty funny.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:11:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:14:41 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

both you guys-please stop the personal attacks.
View Quote
10-4.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top