Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:59:59 PM EDT
[#1]
No green paint. "ADI" and "12" headstamps. It's F1.

I'm not too bent out of shape about it. I would have ordered if it was listed as F1 anyway. It's still quality, brass-cased, reloadable 5.56 at 28 cents a round. I was just curious as to if anyone actually got the newer load.

I haven't been able to search too much on the MV difference. Most places put both loads below M855. One source says F1 is higher than 855.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:16:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That would actually be unacceptable, they clearly show F1A1, they will be sending a return shipping tag and a full refund if that's the case.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:23:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I didnt even open it and look, i was in a hurry to get to work.  i will report what I received when I get home... seeing as it's Halloween it could be tomorrow before I get there  ;)
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:26:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is a link that details the difference....

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:30:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Here is a link that details the difference....

http://rogueadventurer.com/2012/11/16/australian-f1a1-ball-ammunition/

View Quote

Thanks, will compare to what arrives today
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:34:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm guessing that some will get F1 and some will get F1A1. The photos of F1A1 that bulkammo has posted were taken by someone...
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:35:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I'm guessing that some will get F1 and some will get F1A1. The photos of F1A1 that bulkammo has posted were taken by someone...
View Quote
Yea I got F1....sent bulk ammo an email asking them whats up...

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:52:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wont be butt hurt if i dont get F1A1 but this might help my luck

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:18:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Even though I haven't received mine yet I emailed them to let them know what folks were getting. I asked if the whole lot was F1 instead of what was advertised and she offered to send me a shipping tag to return it or keep it and get a $10 credit on my next purchase, no thanks you can have it back and pay the shipping both ways. Not impressed...
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:24:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Even though I haven't received mine yet I emailed them to let them know what folks were getting. I asked if the whole lot was F1 instead of what was advertised and she offered to send me a shipping tag to return it or keep it and get a $10 credit on my next purchase, no thanks you can have it back and pay the shipping both ways. Not impressed...
View Quote

Some people are never pleased.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:35:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not like they advertised ADI 5.56 and shipped Wolf .223 or some shit. They sold "Australian FMJ 62gr 5.56"(at half the price of anyone else). That's what I got. I can't complain, but I can see how others might feel otherwise.

I now notice other vendors have pics of F1A1 but state "F1" in the description. Everyone must have received mixed lots.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:44:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone who doesnt like what they got send it to me.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:47:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty simple concept, wasn't what they advertised, so absolutely it's going back, on their dime. There are businesses across the globe who dream of customers like you when what arrives isn't what was purchased and you just say, oh well, no problem. The company does get points for taking care of the return shipping and will refund my full purchase price including the original shipping, my guess is this one is gonna cost them a few bucks since they used stock photos instead of one of the actual product.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:48:00 PM EDT
[#14]
How many people who ordered actually knew what F1 and F1a1 were and the difference between them ....
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:53:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Pretty simple concept, wasn't what they advertised, so absolutely it's going back, on their dime. There are businesses across the globe who dream of customers like you when what arrives isn't what was purchased. The company does get points for taking care of the return shipping and will refund my full purchase price including the original shipping, my guess is this one is gonna cost them a few buck since they used stock photos instead of one of the actual product.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty simple concept, wasn't what they advertised, so absolutely it's going back, on their dime. There are businesses across the globe who dream of customers like you when what arrives isn't what was purchased. The company does get points for taking care of the return shipping and will refund my full purchase price including the original shipping, my guess is this one is gonna cost them a few buck since they used stock photos instead of one of the actual product.

You seem so happy that this is going to cost them money. Is F1A1 so fundamentally better than F1? I'm seriously not understanding the butthurt. The description did not claim it was F1A1, even if the picture showed it. In what way did the product you received differ from their description?

900 Rounds of 5.56x45 M855 Ammo by ADI - Includes Ammo Can - 62gr FMJ

Ammo Overview
Quantity - 18 plastic sleeves per ammo can, 50 rounds per sleeve

Manufacturer - Australian Defense Industries (ADI)

Bullets - 62 grain full metal jacket (FMJ) M855 steel core

Casings - Boxer-primed brass
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:54:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You seem so happy that this is going to cost them money. Is F1A1 so fundamentally better than F1? I'm seriously not understanding the butthurt. The description did not claim it was F1A1, even if the picture showed it. In what way did the product you received differ from their description?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ammo Overview

I would be willing to bet that 90% of the ones who are going to cry its not F1A1, wouldn't know what that is or the differences without looking it up
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:58:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I would be willing to bet that 90% of the ones who are going to cry its not F1A1, wouldn't know what that is or the differences without looking it up
View Quote

I am curious at this point how many ordered it just because they thought it was something new and different.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:58:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

+1

I sure didnt know the difference between the two until today.

Dont care either way what i get,its a great deal and im happy to have gotten in on it regardless of what they send me.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 4:13:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ammo Overview

Not sure where I've stated I'm happy that it's going to cost them, your reading comprehension appears to be about the same as your standards for what's expected to arrive after a purchase, crap mainly. If you can't understand why what's being delivered is different than what was advertised based on the description, which despite your efforts isn't confined to simply text, then carry on, it's your dime if you've bought some!
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 4:42:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Mine just arrived.

F1 non green tipped.Even says on the blister pack F1

Nice looking ammo and cool ammo can.Im pleased,thanks OP

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 4:43:58 PM EDT
[#21]
very consistent cannelure/seating depth
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 4:50:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Not sure where I've stated I'm happy that it's going to cost them, your reading comprehension appears to be about the same as your standards for what's expected to arrive after a purchase, crap mainly. If you can't understand why what's being delivered is different than what was advertised based on the description, which despite your efforts isn't confined to simply text, then carry on, it's your dime if you've bought some!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ammo Overview

You're right. My reading comprehension is so poor that I cannot discern if you are calling my reading comprehension crap or the ammo people are receiving crap. Either way, I share these deals for the benefit of a community that I am proud to be a part of, and at this point I have wasted enough time on one little freeloading special butterfly butthurt member of the digital FSA for one day.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:02:42 PM EDT
[#23]
I already thanked you for posting  the deal, which still stands, however you don't have to take personal responsibility for the deal not being quite what it was advertised to be. But the notion that something clearly different (albeit maybe insignificant to some) showing up not being a notable issue is non-sense. I also gave the company props for taking care of the issue without excuses, and like I stated unfortunately this ones probably going to cost them a few bucks.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:06:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Also have no clue whatsoever where you're coming up with freeloading or FSA, might want to put that coffee down...
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:06:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You're right. My reading comprehension is so poor that I cannot discern if you are calling my reading comprehension crap or the ammo people are receiving crap. Either way, I share these deals for the benefit of a community that I am proud to be a part of, and at this point I have wasted enough time on one little freeloading special butterfly butthurt member of the digital FSA for one day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ammo Overview

I agree.  The paper targets I'll be punching won't know the difference. Thanks for the link.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:15:31 PM EDT
[#26]
One of the problems with M855 types is that the ~ 100 fps lower velocity gives it a shorter fragmentation range than M193 as it is.  SS109 generally has even lower velocity than M855, making matters worse.  

I can deal with the lower velocity of true M855, but cutting it even further as a lot of foreign SS109 types do (like F1) is not acceptable to me.  I could just buy steel case or PMC bronze for general plinking ammo at a cheaper price.  I want full power / performance 5.56 when I pay 5.56 prices.  

I passed up $0.30 / round shipped XM193 a month ago (which I prefer to M855 anyway), but decided to give this a go.  I guess I'll wait till the black Friday specials to buy ammo now.

I give them credit for resolving the problem without issue, however, their second option wasn't the best way to go.  $10 off to spend on a future purchase?  How about a $20 - $30 credit on this order right now to save them the time, cost, and hassle of having to ship it back?  That's probably their profit margin anyway, and it seems like it would be a better solution, it's going to cost them at least that much to ship back, and then they have to worry about reselling it, etc.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:15:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I agree.  The paper targets I'll be punching won't know the difference. Thanks for the link.  
View Quote

Should have just saved $60 and bought steel
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:29:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Bulk ammo's pictures now show it as F1, but still show green tipped ammo.  Someone just edited out "A1" with Photoshop!
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:45:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
One of the problems with M855 types is that the ~ 100 fps lower velocity gives it a shorter fragmentation range than M193 as it is.  SS109 generally has even lower velocity than M855, making matters worse.  

I can deal with the lower velocity of true M855, but cutting it even further as a lot of foreign SS109 types do (like F1) is not acceptable to me.  I could just buy steel case or PMC bronze for general plinking ammo at a cheaper price.  I want full power / performance 5.56 when I pay 5.56 prices.  

I passed up $0.30 / round shipped XM193 a month ago (which I prefer to M855 anyway), but decided to give this a go.  I guess I'll wait till the black Friday specials to buy ammo now.

I give them credit for resolving the problem without issue, however, their second option wasn't the best way to go.  $10 off to spend on a future purchase?  How about a $20 - $30 credit on this order right now to save them the time, cost, and hassle of having to ship it back?  That's probably their profit margin anyway, and it seems like it would be a better solution, it's going to cost them at least that much to ship back, and then they have to worry about reselling it, etc.
View Quote

Not sure I'd keep it (for some of the same reasons you mentioned above) even if they did offer something better but found their offer odd as well. They'll be refunding almost $30 for my shipping and then paying to ship it back, that'll cost them $50 to $60.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:52:25 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Bulk ammo's pictures now show it as F1, but still show green tipped ammo.  Someone just edited out "A1" with Photoshop!
View Quote

And added $60 to the price...
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:59:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Not sure I'd keep it (for some of the same reasons you mentioned above) even if they did offer something better but found their offer odd as well. They'll be refunding almost $30 for my shipping and then paying to ship it back, that'll cost them $50 to $60.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And then have to worry about moving it again.  They might as well offered a $40 or $50 credit then just to keep them as "satisfied customers" and not have to worry about the hassle of shipping it back and reselling it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:02:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Can anyone verify the MV of this stuff? The only number I find repeated is 2969 out of a 20" and one source of 2935 out of a 16". Approximately 60FPS slower than M855. That's not too bad.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:04:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Also, how accurate is it?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:12:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have to make up for the shipping costs of returns.

Quoted:
Also, how accurate is it?

Anyone who speaks of its accuracy says it is accurate ammo. There's really not a lot out there on it. More on accuracy than velocity, though.

I might be able to get out to the range Sunday. I don't have a chrono, but I can shoot for accuracy.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:38:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Hrm. Maybe I can swoop in on the super sale after all the neckbeards return it because it isn't "F1A1".

LOL.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:18:43 PM EDT
[#36]
That was a great blowjob, except that one stroke where I felt a tooth

Any way you can travel through time and just not blow me at all?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:31:04 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View Quote

yup, this is what they showed when we ordered....

and this is what they are showing now....

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 10:54:04 AM EDT
[#38]
I'm happy with whatever I get.  F1 and F1A1 are both way better than lake city from everything I've read, and it was cheaper too.  It's obvious they were using stock pictures on their website and didn't double check what they were actually selling.  Nowhere in the description does it say F1 or F1A1 so I don't know why anyone is complaining about false advertising.  If you've ever ordered from Cabelas you know the picture almost never matches what you get when it comes to ammo.

Take a look at this review: http://www.shootingillustrated.com/index.php/29135/62-grains-of-excellence/

0.67 moa average with the F1
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 12:53:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Mine arrived.  F1 ball.

I am keeping it.

If you want serious 100% reliable hot loaded self defense ammo, you shouldn't be looking at military surplus anyway.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 1:33:37 PM EDT
[#41]
I got one of each, but I'm ok with it.  Ultimately, I bought it under the understanding of what is basically clean xm855 at less than x193 or .223 plinking ammo prices... and that's what I got.  Plus the F1 stuff comes in an older, kinda cool looking can.  
I'd be lying if I said I didn't actually prefer the older can.
Totally understand those complaining but $10 off seems pretty ok to me - the shit was stupid cheap to start with.

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 4:15:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Are you sayng that you got a batch of F1A1 from your recent order?
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 4:36:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'm happy with whatever I get.  F1 and F1A1 are both way better than lake city from everything I've read, and it was cheaper too.  It's obvious they were using stock pictures on their website and didn't double check what they were actually selling.  Nowhere in the description does it say F1 or F1A1 so I don't know why anyone is complaining about false advertising.  If you've ever ordered from Cabelas you know the picture almost never matches what you get when it comes to ammo.

Take a look at this review: http://www.shootingillustrated.com/index.php/29135/62-grains-of-excellence/

0.67 moa average with the F1
View Quote

Impressive.. who wants to send me 30 rounds to verify?
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 5:04:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Anyone not happy with receiving F1, I'll give you purchase price plus $15 and shipping.  IM me.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 6:20:05 PM EDT
[#45]

Interesting that they have the same specs for both loads. The only difference is they added the M16 and M4 as weapons the F1A1 was designed to function reliably with. Yet the minimum chamber pressure and muzzle energy are the same.

Just an FYI(if my math is right):
405MPa = ~58,000 PSI minimum chamber pressure. A bit higher than .223 levels. So theoretically, if you're weapon cycles .223 it should cycle F1 without issue.
1500 j = ~1106 ft-lbs min muzzle energy; which would translate to 2830fps with a 62gr projectile. However, it doesn't specify range or barrel length for that minimum.

Link Posted: 11/3/2014 9:47:30 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

I got one of each, but I'm ok with it.  Ultimately, I bought it under the understanding of what is basically clean xm855 at less than x193 or .223 plinking ammo prices... and that's what I got.  Plus the F1 stuff comes in an older, kinda cool looking can.  

I'd be lying if I said I didn't actually prefer the older can.

Totally understand those complaining but $10 off seems pretty ok to me - the shit was stupid cheap to start with.  
View Quote

mine was a can of F1.  youre saying that you got a can of F1 and of F1A1?

Link Posted: 11/4/2014 12:15:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Anybody send theirs back?  F1 ball is ammo that used to go for stupid amounts of money not too long ago.  Just Google around and check out the prices.

www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=a556adi

Link Posted: 11/4/2014 12:16:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Im keeping mine, wish i had bought 2 cans instead of just 1.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 5:09:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Mine was just delivered, I'll update this when I get home and open it up

F1 from 2010:

Not at all disappointed, this stuff looks great, and bulkammo.com did a great job packaging it.  That little cardboard box was WAY heavier than it looked
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 8:24:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top