Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 10/30/2014 7:31:20 AM EDT
No shock here. Its Apple. A gay leader for a gay company.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-10-30/tim-cook-im-proud-to-be-gay

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:34:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Whoopty fucking do
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:35:03 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Whoopty fucking do
View Quote
Fpni

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:35:31 AM EDT
[#3]
While I am not surprised, the gays (as a race) are pretty inventive people, so it should work out well.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:36:16 AM EDT
[#4]
He is also an attention whore. Who gives a fuck about his private life . Keep making me phones in your sweatshops and I'll be happy.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:36:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Shocking!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:37:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Why is that news?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:37:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Considering all the men in that company wear skinny jeans, converse, argyle button up sweaters and require a hair straightener each morning to get ready........it's not surprising.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:37:12 AM EDT
[#8]
He should focus less on coming out of the closet and focus more on the piece of shit IOS 8.  Don't care if he's gay but I do care about the shitty operating system.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:37:44 AM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:37:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Zero fucks are given. Do what you want.  However when attention whoring gets attention, don't be all like "why are people so concerned with what I do in my bedroom......oh the right wing haters!".
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:38:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
He is also an attention whore. Who gives a fuck about his private life . Keep making me phones in your sweatshops and I'll be happy.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:38:28 AM EDT
[#12]
So is the fingerprint scanner on the 6s going to be in the shape of a penis?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:38:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Why does no-one ever announce that they are hetero?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:38:50 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm shocked, shocked I say!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:40:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Wasn't that leaked out (eww, leaked...) a month or so ago by a news guy who screwed up?

ETA: Yep, in June. CNBC Ooopsie
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:40:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would like to come out and say I like pussy and I'm a man.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:46:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Lol he's coming out now to take the attention off how much hes fucked apple software and products with lack of leadership and real goals.

Steve jobs never pushed shit out that wasn't ready and then made a half ass apology later on like EA or said hey lets make this because theres a rumor someone wants it.

Which is why after 5 iphones ill be going android soon.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:48:10 AM EDT
[#18]
but if i say I'm proud to be straight, i'm a homophobe, proud to be white makes me racist, etc.....

nope, no agenda
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:49:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Who cares? And why are we more interested in the sex lives of others?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:49:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Does this mean "Apple is gay"?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:50:16 AM EDT
[#21]
big deal.

i always thought he was gay; i was under the impression that he was already "out".
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:50:30 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Does this mean "Apple is gay"?
View Quote
No, that has been true since the early 80s.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:50:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Another Apple news release with nothing innovative.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:52:19 AM EDT
[#24]
That explains the iPhone 6 plus bigger is better.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:56:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Good. You won't reproduce. And fix your POS OS 8.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:57:54 AM EDT
[#26]
So is it now a hate crime to talk bad about Apple?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:00:27 AM EDT
[#27]
So let me be clear: I’m proud to be gay, and I consider being gay among the greatest gifts God has given me.
View Quote

Let someone famous publicly say, "I am proud to be straight, and I considering being straight among the greatest gifts God has given me."  That person would be vilified as closed-minded and simple.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:00:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Didn't everyone know this when he took over...?

Big deal. I blame him for not keeping Apple on the bleeding edge of mobile tech, not for his sexual preference.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:02:02 AM EDT
[#29]
I guess they'll be going back to the rainbow logo.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:03:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Wasn't that leaked out (eww, leaked...) a month or so ago by a news guy who screwed up?

ETA: Yep, in June. CNBC Ooopsie
View Quote

Anyone that paid the slightest bit of attention would have known a loooooong time ago; hell, I first heard it at least two years ago. This was quite possibly the worst kept "secret" I've ever seen, on par with maybe Area 51.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:04:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Meh, snowflakes are going to snowflake.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:05:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Big deal. I blame him for not keeping Apple on the bleeding edge of mobile tech, not for his sexual preference.
View Quote

He has never kept it secret. To read the posts in GD in the 3 or more threads on this, it would seem he has simultanously kept it secret his whole life while choosing to let it define his life.

Not sure how those could exist in the same universe, or how they relate to the actual letter, but what can I say.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:05:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Has Blackberry stock gone up this morning
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:06:23 AM EDT
[#34]
This is news?

I thought he was always open about his sexuality.

And nobody cared then.

Oh noes my apple products are making me gay!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:06:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Lol he's coming out now to take the attention off how much hes fucked apple software and products with lack of leadership and real goals.

Steve jobs never pushed shit out that wasn't ready and then made a half ass apology later on like EA or said hey lets make this because theres a rumor someone wants it.

Which is why after 5 iphones ill be going android soon.
View Quote

Yeah since Steve passed, I've noticed a big dip. The newer products just seem clunky and not as refined, and I haven't been able to shake the feeling that it's because he isn't there to be OCD about certain things.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:07:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am hetero.  

I love boobies and poontang and everything connected to them
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:07:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:07:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Has Blackberry stock gone up this morning
View Quote

Maybe it will dig itself out of the Penny stocks?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:08:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Good for him.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:09:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

They knew when he joined.

The internet is rife with juvenile  "LOL TIM COCK" references going back to when Jobs hired him, if not before.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:09:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

He has never kept it secret. To read the posts in GD in the 3 or more threads on this, it would seem he has simultanously kept it secret his whole life while choosing to let it define his life.

Not sure how those could exist in the same universe, or how they relate to the actual letter, but what can I say.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I thought... I try to remind myself that GD is the Home Of Cognitive Dissonance, but sometimes I still forget.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:12:17 AM EDT
[#42]
Why do the queers always want to tie themselves to blacks?  I doubt MLK would be jumping out in front of their little gay movement.  If I were black, I'd be pissed about that, but I guess they need to stay focused on police brutality and white on black crime.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:12:48 AM EDT
[#43]
As are all Apple users.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:15:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Whoopty fucking do
View Quote

yep

I don't care, one iota.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:16:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
As are all Apple users.
View Quote

Uh, no.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:21:02 AM EDT
[#46]
These threads are great for allowing the mouth breathing elite to stand up on a pedestal  and proudly announce to the world how utterly dumb they are.

One man, who has risen to the ranks as CEO of one of the worlds larges, most profitable, and most technologically important companies ever, comes out of the closet without the fabulous fanfare of a stereotypical disco-fueled drag machine along with it, but simply as a seemingly otherwise normal guy that just keeps his docking in the bedroom, and suddenly a giant pride parade of derpiness, and narrow-but-loudly presented worldviews are being paraded about and gyrated in public like a homo-hotdog in a 20 denier mesh banana hammock at parade in San-Francisco.  

I don't know if I'm ashamed of you guys, or proud of your accomplishments.  But I think I can make a safe bet that Tim Cook doesn't give a shit.  He has actual important shit to do.  Maybe one of you guys can run for dog catcher or something on a platform of no gay dog adoption.  

#freesparky
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:21:17 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He should focus less on coming out of the closet and focus more on the
piece of shit IOS 8.  Don't care if he's gay but I do care about the
shitty operating system.

What problems are you having with iOS8?  I installed it, and I barely noticed a difference.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:22:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

What problems are you having with iOS8?  I installed it, and I barely noticed a difference.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
He should focus less on coming out of the closet and focus more on the piece of shit IOS 8.  Don't care if he's gay but I do care about the shitty operating system.

He probably installed it on a "free" iPhone 4S
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:27:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
These threads are great for allowing the mouth breathing elite to stand up on a pedestal  and proudly announce to the world how utterly dumb they are.

One man, who has risen to the ranks as CEO of one of the worlds larges, most profitable, and most technologically important companies ever, comes out of the closet without the fabulous fanfare of a stereotypical disco-fueled drag machine along with it, but simply as a seemingly otherwise normal guy that just keeps his docking in the bedroom, and suddenly a giant pride parade of derpiness, and narrow-but-loudly presented worldviews are being paraded about and gyrated in public like a homo-hotdog in a 20 denier mesh banana hammock at parade in San-Francisco.  

I don't know if I'm ashamed of you guys, or proud of your accomplishments.  But I think I can make a safe bet that Tim Cook doesn't give a shit.  He has actual important shit to do.  Maybe one of you guys can run for dog catcher or something on a platform of no gay dog adoption.  

#freesparky
View Quote

Protesting a little too much there Captain Midnight.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:30:16 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

#freesparky
View Quote
Well la di fucking da Pyle.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top