Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 10/30/2014 12:04:18 AM EDT
Washington, DC is broken. You can help fix it by signing onto the petition for a Convention of States and asking your friends and associates to do the same.

Here's a link: Convention of States Project website

Our options are:

1. Keep trying to fix DC by sending better representatives there.
2. Hope that some solution not found in the Constitution will be miraculously successful.
3. Do nothing.
4. Use the process the Framers gave us. Have the states call a convention to limit the power of the federal govt.

By the way, all of the proposed amendments coming out of the convention will, by definition, have to do with limiting the power of the federal govt.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:06:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Not a fan of this idea.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:10:21 AM EDT
[#2]
OK. What are your objections?

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not a fan of this idea.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:10:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't think an Internet petition is going to fix Washington. I prefer option #5.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:10:35 AM EDT
[#4]
As a recruiter, what do you get out of this for driving people to that site? Just curious.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:11:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Not a fan of this idea.
View Quote

Me neither. I don't trust the Democrat controlled states. To live up to their word.
They would like nothing more to limit the power of the citizens. They rule over.
Ever met a Democrat, that wants to limit government?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:22:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Fair question. America has been incredibly good to me and to our family for over 160 years. And I believe the biggest threat to future generations of Americans (including future generations of our family) is an out of control federal bureaucracy that has gotten too big, too powerful, and too intrusive. I'm going to do my part to help rein it in and restore our republic. And this is the best solution I have found.

Quoted:
As a recruiter, what do you get out of this for driving people to that site? Just curious.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:23:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Not a fan of this idea.

The opportunity for fucked up shenanigans. As said above, no way would I trust dem, progressive representatives to abide by any agreed upon rules.

"A well armed military and police, being necessary for the security of a free state, the right of the military and police to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

How's that sound?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:29:11 AM EDT
[#8]
If you study this project, you will learn that the subject of the convention will be limited to "proposing amendments to the Constitution of the United States that impose fiscal restraints on the federal government, limit the power and jurisdiction of the federal government, and limit the terms of office for its officials and for members of Congress."

Educate yourself on the process and how it works. Then feel free to ask any questions.

Quoted:

Me neither. I don't trust the Democrat controlled states. To live up to their word.
They would like nothing more to limit the power of the citizens. They rule over.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not a fan of this idea.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:39:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The opportunity for fucked up shenanigans. As said above, no way would I trust dem, progressive representatives to abide by any agreed upon rules.

"A well armed military and police, being necessary for the security of a free state, the right of the military and police to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

How's that sound?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Not a fan of this idea.

How's that sound?

Can't happen because it doesn't comply with the purpose of the application AND any proposed amendments coming out of the convention must be ratified by 38 states. It would only take 13 states to block something like that.

And remember, We the People own this country. Elected representatives are our servants, not vice versa. We have the power - and we simply need to exercise it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:47:39 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't really see a downside.  This will either speed up the war or maybe, just maybe get us on the road to a better future...
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:51:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If you study this project, you will learn that the subject of the convention will be limited to "proposing amendments to the Constitution of the United States that impose fiscal restraints on the federal government, limit the power and jurisdiction of the federal government, and limit the terms of office for its officials and for members of Congress."

Educate yourself on the process and how it works. Then feel free to ask any questions.
View Quote

Last time that happened, we ended with a completely different constitution. Odds are a con-con ends the USA.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:52:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I don't really see a downside.  This will either speed up the war or maybe, just maybe get us on the road to a better future...
View Quote

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. ... I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace" Thomas Paine..
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:57:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Last time that happened, we ended with a completely different constitution. Odds are a con-con ends the USA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With all due respect, it is not a constitutional convention. It's a Convention of States and it hasn't been done before. Article V provides a means of amending, not replacing or rewriting, our constitution.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:00:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I don't think an Internet petition is going to fix Washington. I prefer option #5.
View Quote

It's actually much more than "an Internet petition".
Here's a recent article about it: Momentum Building For a Convention of States
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:04:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Can't happen because it doesn't comply with the purpose of the application AND any proposed amendments coming out of the convention must be ratified by 38 states. It would only take 13 states to block something like that.

And remember, We the People own this country. Elected representatives are our servants, not vice versa. We have the power - and we simply need to exercise it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Not a fan of this idea.

How's that sound?

We have the power alright. To bad we will never use it until it is way to late.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:05:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not clicking until this question is answered
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:08:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Answered previously, here it is again:

Fair question. America has been incredibly good to me and to our family for over 160 years. And I believe the biggest threat to future generations of Americans (including future generations of our family) is an out of control federal bureaucracy that has gotten too big, too powerful, and too intrusive. I'm going to do my part to help rein it in and restore our republic. And this is the best solution I have found.

Good night and all the best.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:09:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

With all due respect, it is not a constitutional convention. It's a Convention of States and it hasn't been done before. Article V provides a means of amending, not replacing or rewriting, our constitution.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Call it what you will. The convention gets to write their own rules, and nothing can be guaranteed except a big fight come time for ratification.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:16:22 AM EDT
[#19]
What was the last amendment proposed? The ERA?

If that couldn't pass how will anything like term limits, anti-free shit army, balanced budget, what hope do those have?

The majority of our population is on the govt tit in some form now. They won't EVER vote to curtail their "paycheck".
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:26:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right. But I'm talking more specifically the recruiter ID thats in the link. Do you get a place in the new order? A vacation trip for selling the most cookies?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:33:01 AM EDT
[#21]
I always wonder what (if any) unique support I could offer, since I actually live in DC and know some of the politicians.

I thought about picketing or something... But I've got a job to do during the day. Besides, I'd probably just focus on protesting the ATF and I'm mostly sure that no one else in the city (except Emily Miller?) hates those guys.

I'm honestly pretty skeptical that any of the 4 options in the OP will be any more effective than my one-man picketing campaign against the ATF. I feel like we passed the "point of no return" a long time ago, but are just starting to realize it lately. The system is broken and too many people like it that way to ever allow it to be fixed.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:40:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Right. But I'm talking more specifically the recruiter ID thats in the link. Do you get a place in the new order? A vacation trip for selling the most cookies?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you Foxy.

I want to know what the OP gains for getting people to click on his referral link.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:53:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Amend the document that the Federal government already routinely ignores?

Why?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:02:24 AM EDT
[#24]
wasnt this in one of the " enemies foreign and domestic" books?  they open up the convention for something simple... and it gets hijacked and the bill of rights is raped by corrupt gov/ business, and fsa?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:03:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
wasnt this in one of the " enemies foreign and domestic" books?  they open up the convention for something simple... and it gets hijacked and the bill of rights is raped by corrupt gov/ business, and fsa?
View Quote

Wouldn't matter.  The bill of rights doesn't do much these days.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:56:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No prizes, vacations, or other perks. It's simply a way of tracking how many supporters are recruited and measuring the results of one's efforts.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:58:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Sure, I can help fix it. But I don't have access to a tactical nuke.

Maybe I can start a GoFundMe?

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:58:45 AM EDT
[#28]
How about not NO, not even HELL NO, but FUCK NO.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:58:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Order 66 has commenced.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:06:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Order 66 has commenced.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Order 66 has commenced.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:23:54 AM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Order 66 has commenced.

http://i37.tinypic.com/11v09bd.gif

John has a long mustache...
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:25:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Friends, this effort is being led by Mark Meckler, co-founder of Tea Party Patriots and it has attracted the support of people like Col. Allen West, Sarah Palin, Dana Loesch, Sean Hannity, Sen. Mike Lee and Sen. Ted Cruz.

There are no guarantees that a Convention of States will be successful, but it is the best option for reigning in the power of the federal govt. that I'm aware of. If you have a better idea, please let us know.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:33:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Friends, this effort is being led by Mark Meckler, co-founder of Tea Party Patriots and it has attracted the support of people like Col. Allen West, Sarah Palin, Dana Loesch, Sean Hannity, Sen. Mike Lee and Sen. Ted Cruz.

There are no guarantees that a Convention of States will be successful, but it is the best option for reigning in the power of the federal govt. that I'm aware of. If you have a better idea, please let us know.

View Quote

Uncle buck, let us all take a turn to sit in the chair that is there against the wall and ponder for a moment..... A Convention might be an option, perhaps a good threat to reign in the abuses of power...but as we sit upon the chair......

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:45:31 AM EDT
[#34]
So who gets sent to this, our great elected representatives?  No thanks.  We know whose best interest they have in mind.  If they wanted to limit government expansion, they could do it.  It looks to me like they want just the opposite.  

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:49:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's NOT the best option. You and your supporters don't seem to understand how the culture has shifted in this country. The majority of the population now does not want limited government, they have traded liberty for security and like it that way.  You can't simply force people to change their views even via a Constitutional amendment, the people would just elect leaders who would ignore it or repeal it anyway.  You have to change the culture and refocus the heart of the people.  Terrible as it sounds, the only way I see that happening is a major war for survival, or another great depression type event that wipes away all the cushy benefits and social largesse and forces people to become self reliant again.

Beyond that we are going the way of Greece.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:50:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
So who gets sent to this, our great elected representatives?  No thanks.  We know whose best interest they have in mind.  If they wanted to limit government expansion, they could do it.  It looks to me like they want just the opposite.  

View Quote
So, you don't believe that state legislators would want to take back their power from the federal govt.?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:55:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

It's NOT the best option. You and your supporters don't seem to understand how the culture has shifted in this country. The majority of the population now does not want limited government, they have traded liberty for security and like it that way.  You can't simply force people to change their views even via a Constitutional amendment, the people would just elect leaders who would ignore it or repeal it anyway.  You have to change the culture and refocus the heart of the people.  Terrible as it sounds, the only way I see that happening is a major war for survival, or another great depression type event that wipes away all the cushy benefits and social largesse and forces people to become self reliant again.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your points are well taken and I agree with most of what you wrote. In my opinion, a Convention of States is the best political option available at the present time.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:09:31 AM EDT
[#38]
I really won't support any change to the Constitution until the 17th is repealed and the vital balance against the popular vote is restored.  Until America can understand the Constitution well enough to get that done, it is too fucking stupid to be messing with any part of the Constitution.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:10:36 AM EDT
[#39]

There's only one way to fix things, and it's not going to happen, now or 10 years down the road.

The deck is being stacked against us, he is building his army, in the United States and abroad.

No man can fight what's happening, may as well sit back and enjoy a cigar before the lid comes off.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:13:52 AM EDT
[#40]

# 5  -  Group buy on several MOABs

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:30:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
By the way, all of the proposed amendments coming out of the convention will, by definition, have to do with limiting the power of the federal govt.
View Quote

As we should know from the history of the last time a convention to propose amendments was called on this continent, there is no way to control what the delegates to such a convention do or what they propose. They could propose a completely new governing document and new rules for adoption of that document, just as the delegates did last time.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:03:23 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not a fan of this idea.

And the convention that formed the Constitution was originally to correct some issues in the Articles of Confederation. It wasn't called up and chaired to draft an entire new form of government.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:07:17 AM EDT
[#43]
You do realize that if there is another Constitutional Convention, it likely will not turn out the way you want it to...  

How about Rights to Wireless Internet and Cellular Service?
How about Rights to Free Medical Care?
How about Rights to College Education?
How about Rights to Free Housing and Food?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:09:53 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

So, you don't believe that state legislators would want to take back their power from the federal govt.?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No, because most of them want to be the Federal Government. Those in State Government either create a power base and stay in State Government doing the same their Federal counterparts do or they eventually run for Federal Office and do the same.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:11:41 AM EDT
[#45]
NO. If there's a constitutional convention, say goodbye to the 2nd Amendment.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:06:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I really won't support any change to the Constitution until the 17th is repealed and the vital balance against the popular vote is restored.  Until America can understand the Constitution well enough to get that done, it is too fucking stupid to be messing with any part of the Constitution.
View Quote

Mark Levin has proposed repeal of the 17th Amendment in his book The Liberty Amendments. And its repeal could certainly be proposed under the currently pending applications for a Convention of States.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:08:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Yeah, 2A is dead if this happens. Liberals will go all out for that. They would be more than willing to sacrifice in a few other areas in order to kill 2A.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:09:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

As we should know from the history of the last time a convention to propose amendments was called on this continent, there is no way to control what the delegates to such a convention do or what they propose. They could propose a completely new governing document and new rules for adoption of that document, just as the delegates did last time.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is simply not accurate. Any amendments proposed by a Convention of States are limited to the subject of the application and would have to be ratified by 38 states.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:10:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:10:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

And the convention that formed the Constitution was originally to correct some issues in the Articles of Confederation. It wasn't called up and chaired to draft an entire new form of government.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Not a fan of this idea.

And it was ratified by the states, wasn't it?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top