Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 10/29/2014 11:03:25 PM EDT
I notice a big trend lately is the FSA types will drive to nice neighborhoods and have their kids or even older teenagers, and in some cases even adults, go around trick or treating and they don't even have costumes

Do you give them candy?
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:04:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I notice a big trend lately is the FSA types will drive to nice neighborhoods and have their kids or even older kids/teenagers go around and they don't even have costumes

Do you give them candy?
View Quote

Nope. No costume and over 15/16 = no loot.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:04:56 PM EDT
[#2]
They get a paint ball in a jawbreaker pack. Ice balled if they try to egg my house
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:05:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I notice a big trend lately is the FSA types will drive to nice neighborhoods and have their kids or even older kids/teenagers go around and they don't even have costumes

Do you give them candy?
View Quote

Wait until you see the parents hold open their purses for candy.  I'm not fucking kidding.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:06:55 PM EDT
[#4]
If its just kids (little kids, not teenagers) how do you know they are Fsa?
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:08:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Candy redistribution, yo.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:08:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

No costume = FSA
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:09:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Half of GD eats all of the candy before it makes it to the trick or treaters.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:12:32 PM EDT
[#8]
We get em.  There's a fucking ghetto down the street, so they come up our way.  Expressionless and slack jawed, dindu and clan hold their pillow cases open, no trick or treat uttered, and no thank you's if you gift them treats.  Fucking worthless trash.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:16:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:17:08 PM EDT
[#10]
My parents of an "older" neighborhood had several door knocks from non area residents.  Kids in home made costumes, fine, gave them the best you could, here's the candy.  Then their parents with no costumes (like it matters, stand at the fucking curb like normal parents, unless the kid can't make it without you) stuck there buckets out for candy with big grins on their face.  Mom said she laughed at them and said NO..  Now after more thought will have to question her about that.   My folks are so left, I cant see how they could turn down "someone in need".
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:17:12 PM EDT
[#11]
I demand to see everyone's parents tax return before I hand out my bite size Snickers.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:19:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Ice balled if they try to egg my house
View Quote

Can you elaborate.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:20:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I demand to see everyone's parents tax return before I hand out my bite size Snickers.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:21:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Wait until you see the parents hold open their purses for candy.  I'm not fucking kidding.
View Quote

See, I wasn't kidding.  Just didn't read all 6 post before posting.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:22:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Can you elaborate.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you elaborate.

Take a paintball, poke two holes in it with a printer ink syringe needle. fill it with water and put it in the freezer. If someone is old enough to egg someone or tp they are old enough to get dented up
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:25:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Take a paintball, poke two holes in it with a printer ink syringe needle. fill it with water and put it in the freezer. If someone is old enough to egg someone or tp they are old enough to get dented up
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you elaborate.

In before some butthurt ninny informs you that it's illegal and liability and their cousin's friend's uncle blah blah blah.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:26:37 PM EDT
[#17]
It's fucking candy. I want it all gone before the end of the night. I don't care who gets it.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:29:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Dont get any in the country now.  When we lived in town I asked which street they lived on.  If they weren't from my neighborhood, no candy unless I knew them or the parents.  Had enough when some kids that weren't even dressed up asked for more candy.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:32:38 PM EDT
[#19]
FSA kids get one piece of candy, kids from my neighborhood get a handful.

ETA: I haven't bought any candy yet, so I may just be the guy who gives pennies this year.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:38:52 PM EDT
[#20]
I should hand out invoices for the percentage of my taxes that go toward the social programs that clothe, feed, and house them.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:42:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Dudes,

They can't go treating in their own neighborhoods, that's why they go to other ones. Hell yes I give them candy. No parent has ever "stuck their purse out" for candy to me. I must have that look. This is an easy opportunity to show normalcy in a chaotic world.

I'll talk to the wife about pulling a GD Halloween where we turn out all of the lights, stay in the basement, and don't answer the door. Maybe she'll see the value in saying "fuck those kids."

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:43:57 PM EDT
[#22]
People trick or treating in richer neighborhoods is nothing new. I grew up in a lower/working class neighborhood. Most of my friends' parents took them to "rich neighborhoods". We had teens without costumes, too. This was 20-25 years ago.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:44:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

In before some butthurt ninny informs you that it's illegal and liability and their cousin's friend's uncle blah blah blah.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you elaborate.

Sill confused (lord please don't let me be in the same boat as the do you A or B, yes or no guy).  Drop frozen/ice filled balls of paint balls into their bag?  I don't think they would be "ice" filled by the time they got home if so.

After getting into the new house, lots of kids, no FSA.  Only have one group of kids (all males that are wearing quasi cheerleader outfits and makeup) that were between the age of  "you should be at a party vs trick or treating".  I don't want to direct them into a life of drunken sex with their class mates, but it wouldn't hurt my feeling either.  I'd turn my lights off earlier but other real kids came in consume after them.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:47:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Oh, and I'll be giving out full size candy bars again. Bring it, FSA. I'll show you how we roll in the Seven Greens 'hood.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:49:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Sill confused (lord please don't let me be in the same boat as the do you A or B, yes or no guy).  Drop frozen/ice filled balls of paint balls into their bag?  I don't think they would be "ice" filled by the time they got home if so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you elaborate.

Pretty sure he's talking about shooting them with the frozen paintballs when they come back to egg his house.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:49:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Oh, and I'll be giving out full size candy bars again. Bring it, FSA. I'll show you how we roll in the Seven Greens 'hood.

View Quote

Werd.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:57:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Dudes,

They can't go treating in their own neighborhoods, that's why they go to other ones. Hell yes I give them candy. No parent has ever "stuck their purse out" for candy to me. I must have that look.
View Quote

Dude, I understand "have a heart".  My own stuck to the left wall (yes wall because that's further than wing) mother has told me about parents coming up behind the kids with the shit eating grin and bucket out for candy.

Could it be that you are so far removed from it that it cost to much time/money to drive from the poorer parts of town?  Just thinking out loud.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:57:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Not enough density of houses for trick er treaters where we are, but in the past, when we lived in a large subdivision, we'd get a lot of them. I was a salesman for a candy distributor and would save samples up for months. Kids got king size candy bars, Plen T Paks of gum, and all kinds of novelty candy. Always had a blast. Mexican families would come in by the vanload from the city nearby because they knew their kids were safe in our neighborhood. They were the politest of all.

In fact, it was the over privileged white teenagers who would push the envelope and try to get by without much of a costume. I always gave them candy as long as I still had it and would joke at them like "that's the ugliest mask I've seen all night".

All you hard asses need to lighten up and have a little fun. Giving kids candy.What's the big fuggin deal?

Be glad they don't do the shit my friends and I did when we were out on Halloween night.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:03:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Go to a few places and pick up some job applications. A 16 year old comes to your door, hand them an application.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:06:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Haven't had a trick or treater at my door in years.

Neighbors be all old and shit.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:08:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Pretty sure he's talking about shooting them with the frozen paintballs when they come back to egg his house.
View Quote

Will not, do not want to be awake at the time of their retaliation so will pay up the candy due to them when it is demanded.  It is Trick or Treat.

May be the cowards way out but it just seems easier in the long run.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:11:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Halloween is pretty well organized by my neighborhood HOA.

There will be groups of the younger kids going out with parents chaperoning them from 1830-2030 after that the older kids will make the rounds.

The older kids will go out after 2030-2230 and there will be a pool party for them from 2230-0030

At 2130 I will be at the Club House for the adult Halloween party

I know all of the families that live on my street and the street behind me.

I will be sitting at the end of my drive way handing out candy with my neighbor and any kids without wrist bands or in vehicles without community stickers will be turned away.

Everyone is issued wrist bands and vehicle stickers yearly so everyone should have them.

FUCK THE FSA.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:13:11 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote
Wrist bands and vehicle stickers and parents who volunteer as chaperone.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:14:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Kid in a costume - you get candy.

Adult - I mock you until you leave.

My neighborhood is safe and loaded with nice people tossing out full sized candy. You can bet your ass my parents would have dropped me off there when I was a kid.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:14:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you give them candy?

Really.   I guess I am behind times.  We used to get the inner city ghetto vans out here but they stopped coming, most people out here leave the dog in the driveway or have a fence around the house.  

we dont do halloween and havent since around 1990, why should I support the FSA getting more free shit from me, aren't my tax dollars enough.....

No love for welfare types.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:16:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

There will be groups of the younger kids going out with parents chaperoning them from 1830-2030 after that the older kids will make the rounds.

The older kids will go out after 2030-2230 and there will be a pool party for them from 2230-0030

I will be sitting at the end of my drive way handing out candy with my neighbor and any kids without wrist bands or in vehicles without community stickers will be turned away.

Everyone is issued wrist bands and vehicle stickers yearly so everyone should have them.

FUCK THE FSA.  
View Quote

If you really had it going on, there'd be a gate that kept them out.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:18:09 AM EDT
[#37]
In our small town there's no real trick or treat, the town sets up a big get together at our park.
The neighborhood kids will come by in the early evening, once the sun goes down they're done.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:23:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Why would I give them candy? They already get part of my paycheck.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:26:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

FUCK THE FSA.  
View Quote

Sounds so

organized
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:29:58 AM EDT
[#40]
I get pissed at how many adults show up at the door with their kids expecting a handout as well.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:30:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

FUCK THE FSA.  
View Quote

Speaking of FSA, you pay RANGER yet
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:31:43 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Not enough density of houses for trick er treaters where we are, but in the past, when we lived in a large subdivision, we'd get a lot of them. I was a salesman for a candy distributor and would save samples up for months. Kids got king size candy bars, Plen T Paks of gum, and all kinds of novelty candy. Always had a blast. Mexican families would come in by the vanload from the city nearby because they knew their kids were safe in our neighborhood. They were the politest of all.

In fact, it was the over privileged white teenagers who would push the envelope and try to get by without much of a costume. I always gave them candy as long as I still had it and would joke at them like "that's the ugliest mask I've seen all night".

All you hard asses need to lighten up and have a little fun. Giving kids candy.What's the big fuggin deal?

Be glad they don't do the shit my friends and I did when we were out on Halloween night.
View Quote
The ugliest mask I've seen all night !

I'm gonna use that.......

I get a shit ton and they're all good kids. I live in Green Twp. NJ and I live around the lake. All of greater Green Twp. (The rich folks) Minivan their kids in because the houses are close together. None of us mind.

I live a few streets up from the lake and I try very hard. The first year I got 4 kids. The second year I got 16. After 12 years I get 400+.

Best day of the year.......
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:31:53 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
If you really had it going on, there'd be a gte that kept them out.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

FUCK THE FSA.  

If you really had it going on, there'd be a gte that kept them out.

A gate want keep them out they will just wait for someone coming or going. We have a 24Hr security guard and cameras at the only entrance which we feel is more effective deterrent.

Every vehicle that comes in and doesn't have a sticker has its tag recorded.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:33:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Fuck no....

since I was a kid...over 25 years ago...the FSA would pack up whatever would run and come to the other side of town....and I mean car loads and truck beds full...

they're not even nice when they come to the door....get pissed off if you don't give them more than 1 piece of candy...

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:34:28 AM EDT
[#45]
We get between zero and 6 individuals each year.  They all get 3 or 4 fun-size snickers.  All are costumed, except parents and they get candy too if they want.  Halloween is the least of my problems.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:36:34 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:38:24 AM EDT
[#47]
I give candy to every kid that comes by.  I live right in between a pretty poor neighborhood a few blocks in one direction and mansions a few blocks in the other, so a lot of kids come over this way.  Yes, every now and then there's a scummy parent who tries to scam extra candy for themselves, but most of the time they're just cute little kids out having fun.  They can't help it that their parents are poor.

Now, when the older kids start coming around later at night I'm done.  The porch light goes out and the candy goes back inside.  If you're 17 you can go buy your own candy.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:43:57 AM EDT
[#48]
I hand out Carmel Onions to adults, and Jack Chick tracts to kids I don't recognize.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:44:38 AM EDT
[#49]
little kids get to grab a handful of candy from the bucket, if I think that they're too old I give them a single piece of candy from the bucket
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:45:57 AM EDT
[#50]
I have never had any come by my house on Halloween but I live on a ranch.  If someone were to come by they would be dressed like illegals and I would call Border Patrol.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top