BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:11:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Defunding isn't enough.  Federal programs that are defunded can be refunded at a later date. when the Party seizes power again

Obamacare must be repealed.  It took the Party over 60 years to enact nationalized healthcare - a Party goal since FDR.  They had to water it down from the desired goal (single-payer, Federal national health care), but that was part of the plan.

Dismantlling Obamacare means the Party has to start from scratch.  Repealing Obamacara leaves no doubt that the American people overwhelmingly wanted it gone.  Defunding it leaves the apparatus in place and allows the lie that this wonderful Party program, the legacy of our historic President, Barack Hussein Obama, is the Will of the People.

Defunding is a half-step than can be erased with the stroke of a pen.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seems to me Mr. Mcconnel is just speaking the truth.

If republicans take the senate, they can bet that every move they attempt to make will be filibustered to high hell.

If the democrats lose they will not shape up, they will get worse.

Leaving them in power, though, is an even worse future.

Its not Democrat filibusters that are the issue - Dingy Harry gutted the filibuster rules and the Republicans need to make them suffer over that.

Its the Presidential vetoes that they need the votes to overcome.

Our historic President, Barack Hussain Obama, will diligently veto any effort to reverse this essential element of His Legacy.

The President can't spend money for Obamacare that is not allocated by Congress.

Congress can pass the law to do away with Obamacare and the President can veto it and then the Congress can defund the program. Eazy Peazy. The Republicans just don't have the guts to do it. At the end of they day they are a party of big government.

Defunding isn't enough.  Federal programs that are defunded can be refunded at a later date. when the Party seizes power again

Obamacare must be repealed.  It took the Party over 60 years to enact nationalized healthcare - a Party goal since FDR.  They had to water it down from the desired goal (single-payer, Federal national health care), but that was part of the plan.

Dismantlling Obamacare means the Party has to start from scratch.  Repealing Obamacara leaves no doubt that the American people overwhelmingly wanted it gone.  Defunding it leaves the apparatus in place and allows the lie that this wonderful Party program, the legacy of our historic President, Barack Hussein Obama, is the Will of the People.

Defunding is a half-step than can be erased with the stroke of a pen.

Defunding will work until the President can be replaced.  

However, I don't think the Republicans have the courage to either repeal or defund Obamacare, even if they control Congress and the Presidency.  After all no, entitlement program was defunded or repealed when the Republicans were in charge of everything for six years.  In fact new entitlements were created and existing programs were expanded.  Every part of the government was grown.

Republicans are also the party of big government.  Not quite as bad as the Democrats but a very close second.  We can do better than either party and if we don't we are really screwed.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:14:03 PM EDT
[#2]
If you think the GOP establishment actually wants to do anything about O-care you're naive as hell.  If they had super majorities in both the house and senate they still wouldn't actually do anything to get rid of it. It's amazing though how many people haven't been paying attention..... The republican establishment hates conservatism and is trying their best to distance themselves from it....ie McCain, Romney, and the Bushes. Bush grew the government how much? He eroded how many liberties with the patriot act? Fuck this noise....We have to create a real third option because the two we have are fucking us royally. The only real difference is that one choice uses a bit of lube....
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:15:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Some jackass thought electing CEO's and "Business" folks to political office...

would somehow mean more Constitutional freedom...

Waggle enough money at most any GOP chump and they'll goose step behind any stupid idea.
View Quote

QFT.... but then again that describes democrats also...
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:16:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The President can't spend money for Obamacare  that is not allocated by Congress.  

Congress can pass the law to do away with Obamacare and the President can veto it and then the Congress can defund the program.  Eazy Peazy.  The Republicans just don't have the guts to do it.  At the end of they day they are a party of big government.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seems to me Mr. Mcconnel is just speaking the truth.

If republicans take the senate, they can bet that every move they attempt to make will be filibustered to high hell.

If the democrats lose they will not shape up, they will get worse.

Leaving them in power, though, is an even worse future.

Its not Democrat filibusters that are the issue - Dingy Harry gutted the filibuster rules and the Republicans need to make them suffer over that.

Its the Presidential vetoes that they need the votes to overcome.

Our historic President, Barack Hussain Obama, will diligently veto any effort to reverse this essential element of His Legacy.

The President can't spend money for Obamacare  that is not allocated by Congress.  

Congress can pass the law to do away with Obamacare and the President can veto it and then the Congress can defund the program.  Eazy Peazy.  The Republicans just don't have the guts to do it.  At the end of they day they are a party of big government.

Republicans dont do it because they dont want the health insurance industry pouring hundreds of millions into super-pac attack ads against them.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:22:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

But you just convinced HIM to vote Democrat, with your compelling, anti-Republican diatribe.

Wasn't that your intent?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Two and a half years ago, Mitch McConnell said that if they took the Senate and had a 51 majority, they could wipe out Obamacare because it had been ruled a Tax.

Now that it looks like the Republicans are going to win big this November, he is stating that he needs at least 60 votes to put some of the most unpleasant aspects of Obamacare on the Presidents desk....like the Medical device tax. He also recently stated on Cavuto, that we are unlikely to even get 60, so even that is unlikely.

Classic bait and switch.

I will be voting Republican, but they are making it harder and harder every election.

You're right.  Vote democrat.  That'll show 'em...

Can you read? I said I was voting Republican.....

But you just convinced HIM to vote Democrat, with your compelling, anti-Republican diatribe.

Wasn't that your intent?

He convinced me, Democrat is the way to go.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:24:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Two and a half years ago, Mitch McConnell said that if they took the Senate and had a 51 majority, they could wipe out Obamacare because it had been ruled a Tax.

Now that it looks like the Republicans are going to win big this November, he is stating that he needs at least 60 votes to put some of the most unpleasant aspects of Obamacare on the Presidents desk....like the Medical device tax. He also recently stated on Cavuto, that we are unlikely to even get 60, so even that is unlikely.

Classic bait and switch.

I will be voting Republican, but they are making it harder and harder every election.

You're right.  Vote democrat.  That'll show 'em...

Can you read? I said I was voting Republican.....

Wasn't that your intent?

Me Too! yea!!!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:41:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If you think the GOP establishment actually wants to do anything about O-care you're naive as hell.  If they had super majorities in both the house and senate they still wouldn't actually do anything to get rid of it. It's amazing though how many people haven't been paying attention..... The republican establishment hates conservatism and is trying their best to distance themselves from it....ie McCain, Romney, and the Bushes. Bush grew the government how much? He eroded how many liberties with the patriot act? Fuck this noise....We have to create a real third option because the two we have are fucking us royally. The only real difference is that one choice uses a bit of lube....
View Quote

The Tea Party was the only real hope for America but with the Democrats using the government to defranchise the movement and the Republican mainstream fighting it then it never had much of a chance to get established.

The Republicans and the Democrats did everything they had to stop the one conservative movement that would have fix most of the problems we have.

That is too bad because America was once a great country.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:47:29 PM EDT
[#8]
By the way, just so all these pro military ARFCOMers remember it was the Republicans that agreed to defund the US military so that Obama could get some more debt and increase Federal spending.  The Republican House elected in 2010 agreed to that.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:49:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
By the way, just so all these pro military ARFCOMers remember it was the Republicans that agreed to defund the US military so that Obama could get some more debt and increase Federal spending.  The Republican House elected in 2010 agreed to that.
View Quote

Damn straight!!!!!

Vote dem all the way!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:54:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Damn straight!!!!!

Vote dem all the way!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn straight!!!!!

Vote dem all the way!

The Republicans are 1000Xs better than the Democrats but unfortunately 1000 X 0 = 0.

Vote for real Conservatives if any are running.  Neither Democrats or most Republicans are real Conservatives.  When a Republican runs for office they talk a big Conservative game but when in office they vote Progressive.  I will give you some examples if you want.

Remember that the Lesser of Two Evils is still evil.  The Republicans have proven that.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:03:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh look, another shit on the Republicans thread full of liberal Mobys.

McConnell's opponent has openly said she would vote for Universal background checks and wants to end the "gun show loophole"

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1669872_Mitch_McConnell_s_opponent__Democrat_Alison_Lundergan_Grimes__opposes_the__gun_show_loophole_.html

A week after running a dramatic TV ad in which Alison Lundergan Grimes said she disagreed with President Barack Obama on guns, the Democratic U.S. Senate candidate told a radio interviewer Thursday she would work to close a loophole that allows private gun owners to sell guns at gun shows without a background check
View Quote

Say hello to backdoor gun registration!  She also endorsed weed too, to borrow a strategy used in Colorado.  They got gun control too.

And don't tell me there is alternative.  Kentucky has been controlled by democrats for over 100 years on the state level.  Locally democrats dominate.  Lately, the national races Kentuckians have voted Republican.  It is either Mitch or Grimes, a third party candidate won't even get close.  Grimes is very pro-welfare, pro-$15 dollar an hour-minimum wage, pro-Obamacare, and a slew of other free shit.  Kentucky has one of the highest rates of welfare recipients in the nation.  The FSA is strong here, and will vote for her in droves.  Mitch will be lucky to win.  If he doesn't, and we lose some republican seats in congress, you all can kiss your guns goodbye.  Perhaps by attitudes I see in these threads, that is what some of you want.

ETA: Oh and I forgot Bill Clinton and Harry Reid have also been campaigning for Alison Grimes.  Guess you guys must all be big Clinton fans huh?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:05:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Just in case there is someone left who isn't sure, spending bills can't be filibustered. The repeal of Obamacare would fall into that category and the nuclear option had nothing to do with it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:41:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just in case there is someone left who isn't sure, spending bills can't be filibustered. The repeal of Obamacare would fall into that category and the nuclear option had nothing to do with it.
View Quote

Vote the Repugnicants out.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:54:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You no comprehende what a filibuster or a veto is?
View Quote

This.  Unless we get super R man in 2016...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:01:27 AM EDT
[#15]
How much did Mitch get to vote for lots and lots of more debt?

Ya, he won't be working on Obamacare unless you give him a few billion.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:26:59 AM EDT
[#16]
They need to ram a repeal of Obamacare down the communist democraps throats.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:52:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Won't work Obama in office.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:43:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Ok.........we'll see.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And now they realize they were dumb.  The ones I know will straight up tell you that.  They are mostly Gypsies, hippies and Carnies.

Not to mention that their options the first time was John McCain    and the second was Mitt Romney  

I will tell you that they will NOT vote for Jeb Bush or Chris Christie..  They just do not see the point.

Ok.........we'll see.

If the Republicans put up Cruz or Paul they will get a huge bump from the young people AND minorities.  

If they put up Bush or Christie, they wont get anything.

ETA - I will just say what I have been telling them, and they listen to me and agree. DO NOT VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT ASKS FOR ANYTHING.  The government has enough.  Any candidate that asks for anything at all will not get my vote.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:59:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

If the Republicans put up Cruz or Paul they will get a huge bump from the young people AND minorities.  

View Quote

Are you talking about the primaries or the general election?

If you are talking about the General Election, THAT candidate will have been selected by the voters.  Will the "young people AND minorities" get motivated and try to support Cruz or Paul in the primaries?  If so and Cruz gets the nod, will you consider him to have been "put up" by the Republicans?  

In the primaries...

Let's hope that only one of them runs (Cruz or Paul).

Let's hope that BOTH of them run (Bush AND Christie).
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:03:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

If you are talking about the General Election, THAT candidate will have been selected by the voters.  Will the "young people AND minorities" get motivated and try to support Cruz or Paul in the primaries?  If so and Cruz gets the nod, will you consider him to have been "put up" by the Republicans?  

In the primaries...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In the primaries...

I am talking about the general.  These types of kids I speak of are not active in the primaries.

Agreed on the Bush Christie, Paul Cruz thing.  Though I had you pegged as a Jeb Bush/Christie type.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:06:06 AM EDT
[#21]
The Republicans are politicians...hence they lie to get elected.

They've promised to repeal Obamacare...that ain't gonna happen.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:09:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I am talking about the general.  These types of kids I speak of are not active in the primaries.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In the primaries...

So they wait for other people to select their candidates, and then the whine about it.  Yeah, that sounds about right for the Millenials.

Agreed on the Bush Christie, Paul Cruz thing.  Though I had you pegged as a Jeb Bush/Christie type.  

I actually had YOU pegged as a Bush/Christie type.  

You seem uninterested in actually trying to work hard to get someone like Cruz elected, and MORE interested in having a Bush/Christie to complain about.

I judge people by words AND deeds.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:10:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
... I will be voting Republican tooNo necessarily happy about it, butt FUCK Democrats and their agenda for American
View Quote

Yeah.  Ditto.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:13:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Make him veto everything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Until his pen runs out of ink. Then call his phone until it never stops ringing. Those are his tools, let' make him use them.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:13:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

So they wait for other people to select their candidates, and then the whine about it.  Yeah, that sounds about right for the Millenials.

You seem uninterested in actually trying to work hard to get someone like Cruz elected, and MORE interested in having a Bush/Christie to complain about.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In the primaries...

You have no idea what I do.  I am in the trenches every day.

Just because these young people do not participate in primaries does not mean their vote will not count when the general election comes around.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:14:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You're pretty smart for a Russian.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Classic bait and switch.

Bro, 2.5 years ago ...he meant if Romney won and they won the senate they could have repealed with 51 because the bill was passed under reconciliation as a tax bill

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:15:01 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If they override his veto they could.  I don't know if we have the numbers for it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:21:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You have no idea what I do.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have no idea what I do.  
Your blithe acceptance of Millenial lazyness paints a picture.
I am in the trenches every day.
Maybe you should jump in the trench where people actually try to get young people out to vote in the primaries, rather than write them off as non-participants.

Just because these young people do not participate in primaries does not mean their vote will not count when the general election comes around.
 Every vote counts.  But will they vote?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:21:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

McConnell's opponent has openly said she would vote for Universal background checks and wants to end the "gun show loophole"

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1669872_Mitch_McConnell_s_opponent__Democrat_Alison_Lundergan_Grimes__opposes_the__gun_show_loophole_.html

Say hello to backdoor gun registration!  She also endorsed weed too, to borrow a strategy used in Colorado.  They got gun control too.

And don't tell me there is alternative.  Kentucky has been controlled by democrats for over 100 years on the state level.  Locally democrats dominate.  Lately, the national races Kentuckians have voted Republican.  It is either Mitch or Grimes, a third party candidate won't even get close.  Grimes is very pro-welfare, pro-$15 dollar an hour-minimum wage, pro-Obamacare, and a slew of other free shit.  Kentucky has one of the highest rates of welfare recipients in the nation.  The FSA is strong here, and will vote for her in droves.  Mitch will be lucky to win.  If he doesn't, and we lose some republican seats in congress, you all can kiss your guns goodbye.  Perhaps by attitudes I see in these threads, that is what some of you want.

ETA: Oh and I forgot Bill Clinton and Harry Reid have also been campaigning for Alison Grimes.  Guess you guys must all be big Clinton fans huh?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

A week after running a dramatic TV ad in which Alison Lundergan Grimes said she disagreed with President Barack Obama on guns, the Democratic U.S. Senate candidate told a radio interviewer Thursday she would work to close a loophole that allows private gun owners to sell guns at gun shows without a background check

Remember:

Nixon gave us the modern day ATF.

Reagan signed the Hughes amendment.

Bush 39 bad mouthed the NRA.

53 Republicans voted for the Assault Weapons Ban.

Bush 41 said he would sign an AWB if it came to his desk and supported DC in Heller.

McCain and Romney both had anti gun positions.

Some Republicans supported the universal background check bill.  

The Republicans may be a little better than Democrats when it comes to guns rights but they are far from being what this country needs.  They are opportunists.  They only support the right to keep and bear arms as long as the NRA pays them off but if the anti gunners paid well many of them would jump ship.  They mostly have no real convictions.  We could do better.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:22:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Vote Republican and change the party from within while they are in power, even though you may think they are only marginally better than the Democrats.  And they may well be only marginally better.

Anyone who advocates differently is a moby shit stirrer.

Or a shit-ass single issue pot voter.
View Quote

Personally I'd like to see us go AV. In my opinion that would fix many of the problems the 2-party system causes.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:23:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Classic bait and switch.

Bro, 2.5 years ago ...he meant if Romney won and they won the senate they could have repealed with 51 because the bill was passed under reconciliation as a tax bill

Your assessment of the situation is concise and accurate.   The "Russian" thing is apparently a joke that needed smiley face.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:24:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

If they override his veto they could.  I don't know if we have the numbers for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They don't/won't.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:35:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Your assessment of the situation is concise and accurate.   The "Russian" thing is apparently a joke that needed smiley face.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Classic bait and switch.

sorry been a long week and its almost 5 o'clock in Moscow.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:35:40 AM EDT
[#34]
No way they even try,even if they have the votes;which they probably won't unless there are some major,unexpected upsets.

The GOP will - with taking the Senate - have the unenviable position of having a lower collective disapproval rating than Obama. Not individually,collectively.

This means that not only can Obama blame them but so can D contenders in 16. Furthermore,Obamacare attracts R voters in the same way pro-life politicians attract D attention: sometimes it is expedient to be against something more than for another.

Here is the bigger overall point: the Democrats are going farther left in 16 and will IME be led by Warren. The narrative is already shaping up  to be "Republicans hate the middle class";not poor people,the middle class. What she wants to run on is essentially "free stuff for everybody": higher "living wage",student loan forgiveness and health care.

If the Rs take away Obamacare,that's one less issue for them to attract your attention in 16 and it's helping the D with their base. You may see some portions repealed to show that they're doing something but I highly,highly doubt there will be an attempt to do away with it.

Sorry to be a negative Nelly but there needs to be a realistic POV of how the game works. You will never see the GOP seek to throw out 922 either for the same reasons.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:51:26 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Until his pen runs out of ink. Then call his phone until it never stops ringing. Those are his tools, let' make him use them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And what will that accomplish?

Let's say a Republican Congress (House and Senate) votes to defund Obamacare, but have insufficent votes in the Seate to override a veto.  Our historic President, Barack Hussein Obama, vetoes 'this extremist budget' (or CR or whatever - just as Reid has tabled every budget the House has passed since 2010).

The House overrides the veto, but the Republican majority hasn't got enough votes in the Senate.  The government shuts down.  The Party agitprop (media) cadres fire up the mainstream (Party) media machine and whip up a shitstorm about extremists Republicans shutting down the government with their extremist lust to see sick people die, Grandma to get pushed off a cliff, corporate welfare for banksters, etc.

Low-information voters siphon it up like blow off a hooker's butt.

2016, The Inevitable Woman of the People, Comrade Clinton, becomes our historically inevitable Female President and the Party roars back into control in Congress.

You think Americans are going to rise up in anger over a string of Obama vetoes and EOs that thwart a Republican Congress while the Party cadres in the media keep parroting the Party line?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:53:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Doing away with cloture is kind of a big deal. As in precedent setting big deal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the SOB was serious about doing away with Obamacare all the Republicans have to do is change the Senate rules to do away with cloture, like the Democrats did with the judiciary appointees.  They don't have the guts to do it.  I am not sure any Republican would do away with Obamacare if they had the opportunity.  

Doing away with cloture is kind of a big deal. As in precedent setting big deal.

Yes. Huge.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:54:20 AM EDT
[#37]
The Republican party usually blows it when they hold both houses or evn both houses and the presidency.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:56:34 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Every vote counts. But will they vote?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Every vote counts. But will they vote?

If these imaginary disaffected conservative-candidate-desiring youth don't support conservatives in the primaries by GETTING INVOLVED, GETTING OUT THE PRIMARY VOTE and GETTING THEM NOMINATED, then they will always be disaffected by the candidates that WIN THE PRIMARY and are NOMINATED.

The guy that gets nominated is the choice in the election.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top