Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:13:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:15:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:19:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Which one of you fuckers is chopping onions?

Good on KR
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:25:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I never considered myself a huge Kid Rock fan. I like most of his music and will listen to it when it comes on. I have passed on a few of his shows but have heard he puts on an awesome show. Now that I know he is a stand up guy i might have to make the next show that comes to town.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:25:16 PM EDT
[#5]
A proud American. A class act.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:29:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:30:33 PM EDT
[#7]
One more reason to like Kidd Rock.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:46:35 PM EDT
[#8]
That was nice to see.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:48:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cool
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:54:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Not a fan, but it was really awesome of him to do that.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:07:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Pure elation.  Don't get to see people that happy very often.  Thanks for posting OP.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
His face when he saw who was arriving with his cake was priceless.  Absolutely priceless.

Pure elation.  Don't get to see people that happy very often.  Thanks for posting OP.

Yeah cant fake that. Did look bored up til that point. My question is how do you top having your idol show up?? Only downhill from there.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:17:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I didn't realize he is so philanthropic
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:23:20 PM EDT
[#13]
A class act like always
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:31:24 PM EDT
[#14]
He does a lot of cool things. Well more than most anyway, especially musicians.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:35:18 PM EDT
[#15]
He is an American bad ass.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:35:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:24:21 PM EDT
[#17]
That was first class, good on KR.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:46:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yeah cant fake that. Did look bored up til that point. My question is how do you top having your idol show up?? Only downhill from there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
His face when he saw who was arriving with his cake was priceless.  Absolutely priceless.

Too true. They were already talking about planning his 40th birthday party- I wonder how they're gonna' top this.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:57:15 PM EDT
[#19]
seems like I have heard he makes a bunch of trips to visit with our troops
almost as much as Robin Williams did...

thats all I need to know about him
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:59:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Pretty good
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:06:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Yeah, all reports are he is a stand up guy.  Good to see.  
View Quote

Yep.

I really wish I could like his music. I tried...a little... and I just can't
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:07:06 PM EDT
[#22]
I guess I can cut him some slack on having to sit through all those damn Chevy commercials with his "Born Free" song blaring in the back ground.  Good on him.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:07:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Good on him. I prefer his rap/rock stuff compared to his country crap, but that is awesome and made that guys night.

Too bad more "celebrities" aren't like this.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:15:24 PM EDT
[#24]
That was awesome! Way to set the standard KR.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:16:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Kid Rock has a history of doing good things like this. Whether it be visiting the troops overseas (many times), buying a soldier a home or singing happy birthday to this young man!

He's definitely a cool dude.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:28:21 PM EDT
[#26]
I saw Kid Rock in concert years ago with Metallica in Minneapolis.  A coworker of mine was at the concert also.  His kid was some kind of medical condition (asthma attack or something in the like) and some how Kid Rock found out while Metallica was playing.  Kid Rock came out, riding a small scooter, from his dressing room and made sure everything was OK with my coworkers kid.  Kid Rock sounds like a great guy.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:35:08 PM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:43:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Not a fan of his music but he is AOK,
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:49:40 PM EDT
[#29]
He's a good man, he does a lot for the folks of the US and during the holidays he gives out gift cards to needy families and many other things.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:58:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:59:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

And one of "us."  I am not a huge fan of his music by any stretch, but he has talent, is a good guy, and leans conservative.  He is A OK in my book.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And one of "us."  I am not a huge fan of his music by any stretch, but he has talent, is a good guy, and leans conservative.  He is A OK in my book.

He opened a brewery to provide jobs for an area.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:03:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
We had a young man in the town we moved from that had Down's Syndrome, his mom owned a pet grooming place and he worked in there bathing dogs... I was in there one day and he was bathing a pooch (under supervision, mom was in the room) I have never seen someone that was as gentle and did such a thorough job as he did.  He was in heaven just being useful, he was talking to the dog he was bathing and the dog was being super still and just absorbing all the loving he was getting.
View Quote

I am amazed by the sense dogs have for this sort of thing.  My nephew has Down's Syndrome.  My in-law's have a small dog that is very playful and will jump up on people and can play somewhat rough some times.  The dog will not do that to my nephew.  The dog is very calm around him and very gentle.

And the video is awesome.  Pure joy!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:15:50 PM EDT
[#33]
My sister in law worked in a small cafe in the Bitterroot Valley during grad school and waitressed for him and his crew. That was probably 11-12 years ago, and she said he was very gracious and a great tipper.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:22:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Thanks for the feels Op
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:23:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Simply awesome!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:27:14 PM EDT
[#36]
He is never in Detroit without his gun:

IPad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaEau5_LiCo

Love his music and he's a cool dude in my book.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:31:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Very cool. He was brilliant in "Joe Dirt."

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:33:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Took a page from Hasselhoffs book!

Its nice to see someone not letting fame get to them.

Good people still exist.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:33:39 PM EDT
[#39]
I don't mind his voice.  Always liked this song too.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:33:56 PM EDT
[#40]
He's done more USO tours than almost anyone else.

Last year I was in Vegas and talking to the shuttle driver for Bell Trans, asked him how many limo's they had. "800 of them, I'm usually driving a limo, drove for Kid Rock last weekend" Which Kid Rock was in town.

"oh yeah, how was that?"

"That guy is the coolest person I've ever met, I was instantly part of the entourage, had dinner with him and his band (some high end place) spent the night with him hanging out rather than waiting at the curb".

He also said that Kid Rock kept trying to get him to drink, said the last thing he needed was a DUI while hauling Kid Rock around LOL.

The LA NAACP couple years ago were ripping into Kid Rock because he uses a rebel flag in some of his shows and he's racist. Odd part is he was just a guest of honor at the Detroit NAACP yearly dinner LOL. For year's he's had a black female drummer, he's now got a black guy doing back up vocals and his kid is half black. To say he's racist is just
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:33:58 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

He is never in Detroit without his gun:

IPad

Love his music and he's a cool dude in my book.
View Quote

brilliant
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:36:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I forgot about that, I don't even think he's making money on it is he? He's definitely proud of being from Detroit
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:39:46 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Also, there was this:

KID ROCK BUYS SOLDIER’S FAMILY A NEW HOME

Macomb Township — Army Sgt. Davin Dumar gave a lot to his country and people like Kid Rock wanted to thank him.

On Saturday in Macomb Township, Kid Rock joined Dan Wallrath, founder of Operation Finally Home, and representatives of the Pulte Group to present Dumar and his wife Dana, with a free new home.

Rock and members of the Dumar family waited inside a Pulte Homes model home to surprise the young Mount Clemens couple.

As they waited quietly for the couple to enter, Rock joked, "Don’t anybody screw this up and say happy birthday.”

Dumar and his wife were shocked to see Rock, their family and the media waiting in the living room of the model home. As the couple entered, the crowd listened quietly as just before entering the Dumars told the Pulte Homes representative they liked the location because it was close to family. They are going to be starting a family soon and would be needing babysitters, the couple said.

When they entered the living room Rock and others clapped.

Rock told Dumar they were chosen to receive a new home built especially for them.

"We are all grateful for your service to our country,” said Rock.

He's OK in my book.
View Quote

Awesome!!!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:44:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Nice to see that there are celebrities like him out there.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:48:59 PM EDT
[#45]
here he is jammin on all the instruments at Sturgis
Oops, that wasn't it, this is the right one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUIy69oume0
He was still doing this last year when I saw him
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:51:24 PM EDT
[#46]
That was very cool of him.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:54:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I forgot about that, I don't even think he's making money on it is he? He's definitely proud of being from Detroit
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know about that. It's a big operation, though.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:04:00 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I think he showed up overseas, with Robin Williams and Gary Sinise, on every one of my trips over there.  So yeah, I think he's a stand up guy!
View Quote
I got to watch him perform in one of the hangers at BIAP in Iraq in 03.  Gary Sinise, Jesse James, and a few others were there for that one.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:04:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Awesome.  

I had no idea how much talent he had until I saw him in concert.  He played every instrument on that stage with authority.

View Quote

Yep, seen him play at Edge Fest in Tulsa.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:05:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top