Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:29:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I thought mandatory GJ presentation was only for homicides.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good shoot.

Heard on the radio it's going to the GJ. But why?

All Texas shootings go to the grand jury.  The grand jury decides whether a trial is required.  Shockingly, criminals have been known to lie, and the grand jury's job is to decide if the shooter should go to trial.  Based on the story reported, the grand jury will congratulate the homeowner, and all his neighbors will throw a party for him.

Definitely no charges if the news reports are correct.   Texas laws for carrying guns are not the best.  Texas laws for using guns in defense of life or property are unsurpassed.

All shootings are treated the same so that a GJ can sort it out based on the immediate evidence.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:30:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good shoot.

All Texas shootings go to the grand jury.  The grand jury decides whether a trial is required.  Shockingly, criminals have been known to lie, and the grand jury's job is to decide if the shooter should go to trial.  Based on the story reported, the grand jury will congratulate the homeowner, and all his neighbors will throw a party for him.

Definitely no charges if the news reports are correct.   Texas laws for carrying guns are not the best.  Texas laws for using guns in defense of life or property are unsurpassed.

You may be right as far as mandatory goes.  One thing I am NOT is a lawyer.  It is certainly not unusual for self defense shootings to go to the grand jury
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:34:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

They arrived in a place they had no reason to be, in a stolen car, unlocking a door from the inside... through a window they broke.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He will be charged.

Yep, Black witness said they had their hands up before he fired.

They arrived in a place they had no reason to be, in a stolen car, unlocking a door from the inside... through a window they broke.

Sharpton: They borrowed a car to check on an elderly neighbor and when he didn't open the door broke in to check on him.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:39:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
He will be charged.
View Quote

Shiiiiit.....he won't even get charged for his lunch if people know who he is. It'll be on the house or someone will pick up the tab. We like people who shoot, and preferably kill, criminals down here. We have the most liberal killin laws in the union for a reason, we like dead criminals.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:50:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He will be charged.

They were praying to St. Dindu,

" />
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:55:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn this is too close to home.  About 3 miles... I should go over to his house with a case of buckshot!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:26:38 AM EDT
[#7]
After watching a video this morning on Khou.com I am convinced he used buckshot and not birdshot.
Seeing the type of damage to the stolen vehicle pretty much bears this out.
And since he was using a 20 gauge it was probably #3 or possibly #4 buck.
It none the less did the job.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:51:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
After watching a video this morning on Khou.com I am convinced he used buckshot and not birdshot.
View Quote

Uh Oh.

According to that video, the second one was running away.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:56:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Uh Oh.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh Oh.

He will not be charged here.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:57:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Uh Oh.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh Oh.

So?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:01:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

So?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh Oh.

So?

I guess I am just accustomed to TN laws and an imminent threat of death or harm.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:04:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I guess I am just accustomed to TN laws and an imminent threat of death or harm.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh Oh.

So?

I know what you mean.

My philosophy, which contradicts the law is simple - if you think you have the upper hand while committing a crime, then realize you're now at a disadvantage, it doesn't mean you just get to "walk away". You came to dance, you're gonna fucking dance.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:07:37 AM EDT
[#13]
I like that philosophy.  That is sig line worthy.

ETA:  Can I use it?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:08:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I know what you mean.

My philosophy, which contradicts the law is simple - if you think you have the upper hand while committing a crime, then realize you're now at a disadvantage, it doesn't mean you just get to "walk away". You came to dance, you're gonna fucking dance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh Oh.

So?

I know what you mean.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:08:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Getting shot is scary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wasn't the Biden method shoot the shotgun up in the air to scare them away?

Correct

Getting shot is scary.

I lol'ed.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:10:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Have the riots been scheduled yet?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:14:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Have the riots been scheduled yet?
View Quote

We don't have riots here as it is conducive to bad health.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:15:32 AM EDT
[#18]
One might be paralyzed one might lose an arm.

Deputies found two women-- one 17 years old and the other in her mid-20's --- both shot in the torso. The older suspect was still in the house, while the teen ran into the street and collapsed.

Lt. Walter Stensland said it's the first encounter he's had with a case involving two female suspects, certainly suspects shot while allegedly committing a burglary.

At least one was flown by LifeFlight helicopter to Memorial Hermann Hospital. Both are expected to survive but they may have suffered lifelong injuries. The older suspect was out of surgery Wednesday night, but may be paralyzed due to a spinal cord injury. The teen suspect, who remained in surgery Wednesday night, may lose an arm.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:18:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

He will get a pat on the back and a bowl of Chili hotdog sauce for a job well done
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He will be charged.

He will get a pat on the back and a bowl of Chili hotdog sauce for a job well done

fify.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:19:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I know what you mean.

View Quote

I read that in Moe Sizlack's voice, made me guffaw.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:21:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

http://abc13.com/news/burglary-suspects-may-suffer-lifelong-injuries-after-shooting/371805/

Deputies found two women-- one 17 years old and the other in her mid-20's --- both shot in the torso. The older suspect was still in the house, while the teen ran into the street and collapsed.

Lt. Walter Stensland said it's the first encounter he's had with a case involving two female suspects, certainly suspects shot while allegedly committing a burglary.

At least one was flown by LifeFlight helicopter to Memorial Hermann Hospital. Both are expected to survive but they may have suffered lifelong injuries. The older suspect was out of surgery Wednesday night, but may be paralyzed due to a spinal cord injury. The teen suspect, who remained in surgery Wednesday night, may lose an arm.

View Quote

The teen will now be referred to as "the one armed bandit".
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:26:21 AM EDT
[#22]
I hope it wasn't Sharkeesha

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:27:14 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm guessing it was Shaneeekwaa and Shahnaynay just out doing a little wealth and income redistribution?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:30:33 AM EDT
[#24]
The next sound neighbors heard was at least three blasts from a 20-gauge shotgun used to kill deer.
View Quote

hahahahahaha arfcom 5.56 tardia brigade is going to have fits!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:31:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

http://abc13.com/news/burglary-suspects-may-suffer-lifelong-injuries-after-shooting/371805/

View Quote

Great now when they get out of prison we can give them welfare for the rest of their lives. It would'a been better and cheaper all the way around had they died.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:32:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Sharpton will get to the bottom of this.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:34:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good shoot.

Strictly speaking, the prosecutor has a duty to fill out an information regarding crimes (with some exceptions for misdemeanors) and the Grand Jury has a duty to investigate all offenses liable to indictment (Art. 20.09 of the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure).  Notably, the Grand Jury doesn't have to learn about the crime from the prosecutor, nor does it need his permission to investigate (though since the State is also their legal counsel, it helps a lot to have him on board), but shall inquire in to any complaint which a member has knowledge of or of which the Grand Jury has been informed by a credible person.  The practical result of that in Texas is: if you shoot someone other than yourself, it will be presented to the Grand Jury.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:34:35 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Great now when they get out of prison we can give them welfare for the rest of their lives. It would'a been better and cheaper all the way around had they died.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You don't get Social Security disability if your disability arose while committing a felony.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:36:12 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Sharpton will get to the bottom of this.
View Quote

Q10 will beat him to it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:39:39 AM EDT
[#30]
"At least one was flown by LifeFlight helicopter to Memorial Hermann Hospital. Both are expected to survive but they may have suffered lifelong injuries. The older suspect was out of surgery Wednesday night, but may be paralyzed due to a spinal cord injury. The teen suspect, who remained in surgery Wednesday night, may lose an arm."

grumpycatgood.jpg
They see her rollin' - they hatin....

I bet that other chick could use a hand. I guess there's no need to be all up in arms about it though.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:44:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
"At least one was flown by LifeFlight helicopter to Memorial Hermann Hospital. Both are expected to survive but they may have suffered lifelong injuries. The older suspect was out of surgery Wednesday night, but may be paralyzed due to a spinal cord injury. The teen suspect, who remained in surgery Wednesday night, may lose an arm."

grumpycatgood.jpg

They see her rollin' - they hatin....

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/53/53313eaf06050d529a7d75102eeec6cee6aed15f7a2c8f84cac6a4223ff0050f.jpg

I bet that other chick could use a hand. I guess there's no need to be all up in arms about it though.

View Quote

Well played.

Too bad both the scumbags lived.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:45:44 AM EDT
[#32]
How could he mistake two perfectly innocent girls who believed they were entering a convent to do the Lord's work?

I just gave their attorney's a just and righteous defense easily bought by most Justice Department schizoids who will look into what they will say are multiple civil rights violations. After all, Treyvon Martin was a choir boy, right?

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:48:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Biden will be insufferable now.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:54:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Biden will be insufferable now.
View Quote

Now? NOW?  Lol
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:57:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Damn I hope it was a double barrel shotgun since that is what bidet said works best.

Go go gadget old dudes fucking shit up in TX recently.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:03:54 AM EDT
[#36]
ROP

Can't flim flam the Zim Zam

FBHO

Good Shoot.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:13:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The crime is still under investigation. The suspects, described only as two black females, have not yet been identified.

Surprised?

View Quote

So, it's not only OBAMA SONS but also OBAMA DAUGHTERS who act like savage animals.  What a surprise.

I am glad the old homeowner had an "equal opportunity" shotgun that treated black FEMALE thugs the same as it would treat black MALE thugs.  

Too bad they were not fatally wounded as that would have reduced the number of FSA baby-makers by two.  True welfare reform.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:18:47 AM EDT
[#38]
if I was on that jury...Not guilty.  Period.  Hang if it I need, but not fucking guilty.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:28:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
if I was on that jury...Not guilty.  Period.  Hang if it I need, but not fucking guilty.
View Quote

It won't make it to jury trial if the prosecutor even seeks an indictment in the first place.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:29:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Houston and the county it sits in which is Harris County has a very high home burglary epidemic.
And has for fucking years.
My own home has been hit three times in the last 30 years.
When you enter someone's home here feloniously don't expect the home owner to welcome you with Laurels and Wreaths.
But do expect a blast from the home owners choice of firearm whatever it may be.
This guy is not in any trouble at all.
Fuck New York and every hell hole state like it that would have the home owner cowering in a goddamn corner while hoping the marauding pillagers don't strip him of everything he owns including his life.
View Quote

I despise thieves, but even more I despise people that tell us that we shouldn't/can't protect our homes, family, or our very lives.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:36:20 AM EDT
[#41]
IB4 panther protests in Houston.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:40:19 AM EDT
[#42]
The old boy will be 'no-billed'.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:45:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The crime is still under investigation. The suspects, described only as two black females, have not yet been identified.

Surprised?

View Quote

Frankly, yes.  I would have thought that identification wouldn't take that long.  Can't they just ask them their names?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:52:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Correct
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct

Seems like he also said to shoot through the door too.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:14:22 AM EDT
[#45]
"He never answers the door during the day".

These two inept criminals obviously made a poor choice of the uninhabited structure they chose to burglarize.

GOOD SHOOT!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:17:50 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Good shoot.

View Quote

To delay the announcement of "no charges" to reduce the chance of FSA riots?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:06:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

*Through the ceiling of your covered porch
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

*Through the ceiling of your covered porch

I thought it was two rounds into the air off your balcony...
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:43:56 PM EDT
[#48]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He will be charged.

They were praying to St. Dindu,

http://<a href=http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r523/clausewitz8/6BEED137-1D8F-4E06-8EC1-3ECE114A4DA1_zps4wk513sz.jpg</a>" />

That would make an awesome addition to the "Soon" meme!  

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:51:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Now that I'm thinking about it, the old man had to be a member

He got both.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:54:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Now that I'm thinking about it, the old man had to be a member

He got both.
View Quote

That, and he disarmed one of them.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top