User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:13:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thin blue line bro

Cops ARE out of control. The abuse of power is running rampant and the majority of the "good ones" are just as bad because they keep quiet about it. The "us v them" is attitude becoming more and more prevalent and with the increased militarization of LEOs it's a recipe for disaster. Videos are posted DAILY of police gunning down citizens and bystanders. Sure there are some honorable men who wear the uniform, but there is an increasing number of shitbags with badges. IMO the power needs to be directed back to a more accountable place via empowering local sheriff's offices(an elected position).

I say this as someone who has worked in law enforcement and has seen the corruption first hand.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck him.

Would you care to expound on this?  I'm honestly curious....

Thin blue line bro

Cops ARE out of control. The abuse of power is running rampant and the majority of the "good ones" are just as bad because they keep quiet about it. The "us v them" is attitude becoming more and more prevalent and with the increased militarization of LEOs it's a recipe for disaster. Videos are posted DAILY of police gunning down citizens and bystanders. Sure there are some honorable men who wear the uniform, but there is an increasing number of shitbags with badges. IMO the power needs to be directed back to a more accountable place via empowering local sheriff's offices(an elected position).

I say this as someone who has worked in law enforcement and has seen the corruption first hand.

Most of the us-vs-them mentality results from the media-created view of law enforcement that the public has. I've seen corruption, and elected officials (Sheriffs) are usually the most corrupt. They are the worst combination... politicians who can be influenced by donations, and LE with the direct power to harm, intimidate, or influence others. Give me a PD any day... the Chief may run the department, but he answers to elected officials who can fire him.worked for both, PD was a LOT better.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:19:20 AM EDT
[#2]
So what I'm getting from this thread is that Arfcom's cops think that stealing and being corrupt is ok, and fuck this guy for trying to get away from corruption and eventually turn corrupt cops in?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:24:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
1959.... Not sure I believe a Story about them having to go outside to Smoke.........

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who gives a shit about the part in red, how about not steal from people, whether they are criminals or not.

The part in blue, good on him.  If cops are "shaking down motorists" then they need to be penalized and prosecuted.

As to the part about him "tattling" in the Academy, I think that's bullshit.  He shouldn't have been doing that and it really does give some insight into his character (really, who gives a shit if someone goes outside to smoke in their uniform).  Just because he was a kissass prick in the Academy doesn't make him wrong for reporting on crimes being committed by fellow officers on the job.

And before you give me some self righteous bullshit, I work in LE.

In 1959 I can't see anyone giving a shit about having a smoke in uniform let alone a "rule".
1959.... Not sure I believe a Story about them having to go outside to Smoke.........

Yeah, who knows if any of that bullshit is actually true.

Either way, I can't fault him for turning in people that were breaking the law.  And no, we're not talking about speeding or something simple.  Theft, whether from a criminal or a law abiding citizen is wrong, and there is no way in hell I'd keep my mouth shut if I saw a fellow officer doing it.

When it comes to his idea of how modern policing should be, just take it with a grain of salt.  The dude was on the job during a different era.  People were getting tuned up by LEO's with brick radios, slapjacks, batons, or whatever else was at an officer's disposal.  You don't see him talking about that.

Either way, I can disagree with the man on his opinions while still standing by my belief that he did the right thing if he was actually witnessing corruption.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:25:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So what I'm getting from this thread is that Arfcom's cops think that stealing and being corrupt is ok, and fuck this guy for trying to get away from corruption and eventually turn corrupt cops in?
View Quote

No, but thanks for trolling.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:26:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Either way, I can't fault him for turning in people that were breaking the law.  And no, we're not talking about speeding or something simple.  Theft, whether from a criminal or a law abiding citizen is wrong, and there is no way in hell I'd keep my mouth shut if I saw a fellow officer doing it.

When it comes to his idea of how modern policing should be, just take it with a grain of salt.  The dude was on the job during a different era.  People were getting tuned up by LEO's with brick radios, slapjacks, batons, or whatever else was at an officer's disposal.  You don't see him talking about that.

Either way, I can disagree with the man on his opinions while still standing by my belief that he did the right thing if he was actually witnessing corruption.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who gives a shit about the part in red, how about not steal from people, whether they are criminals or not.

The part in blue, good on him.  If cops are "shaking down motorists" then they need to be penalized and prosecuted.

As to the part about him "tattling" in the Academy, I think that's bullshit.  He shouldn't have been doing that and it really does give some insight into his character (really, who gives a shit if someone goes outside to smoke in their uniform).  Just because he was a kissass prick in the Academy doesn't make him wrong for reporting on crimes being committed by fellow officers on the job.

And before you give me some self righteous bullshit, I work in LE.

In 1959 I can't see anyone giving a shit about having a smoke in uniform let alone a "rule".

Sums it up nicely. Couldn't agree more.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:26:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, that's what you WANT to hear. It isn't the idea of fighting corruption that is objected to, but rather the reasons he did it. Fighting corruption because it is evil is  good thing, but that good is tarnished when the person takes actions for self-promotion and aggrandizement. Egomania.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:44:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thin blue line bro

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck him.

Would you care to expound on this?  I'm honestly curious....

Thin blue line bro

Please post these DAILY links of aforementioned gunning down. Thank you.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:48:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

He's a legend in his own mind.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
And with all due respect to today’s police officers doing their jobs, they don’t need all that stuff anyway. When I was cop I disarmed a man with three guns who had just killed someone. I was off duty and all I had was my snub-nose Smith & Wesson. I fired a warning shot, the guy ran off and I chased him down.

Wonder if he used bowling balls and rocks too?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:50:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And with all due respect to today’s police officers doing their jobs, they don’t need all that stuff anyway. When I was cop I disarmed a man with three guns who had just killed someone. I was off duty and all I had was my snub-nose Smith & Wesson. I fired a warning shot, the guy ran off and I chased him down.

*snort*

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:43:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

No, that's what you WANT to hear. It isn't the idea of fighting corruption that is objected to, but rather the reasons he did it. Fighting corruption because it is evil is  good thing, but that good is tarnished when the person takes actions for self-promotion and aggrandizement. Egomania.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait...you mean he ISNT Really Al Pacino??????  then again we are on a site that a significant portion of the membership thinks the original Red Dawn is the height of cinema  
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:47:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
wow

I recall there was a thread here recently about why citizens dont love the police - this is as succint as anything.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
wow

I recall there was a thread here recently about why citizens dont love the police - this is as succint as anything.

But when you are dealing every day with civilians walking the streets, and you bring in armored vehicles and automatic weapons, it’s all out of proportion. It makes you feel like you’re dealing with some kind of subversive enemy. The automatic weapons and bulletproof vest may protect the officer, but they also insulate him from the very society he’s sworn to protect. All that firepower and armor puts an even greater wall between the police and society, and solidifies that “us-versus-them” feeling.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/10/the-police-are-still-out-of-control-112160.html#ixzz3HZf6S8n4

I couldn't agree more with it

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:28:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I fired a warning shot, the guy ran off and I chased him down.
View Quote

Today it seems these police officers just empty their guns and automatic weapons without thinking, in acts of callousness or racism.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 12:00:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 7:29:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Why?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck him.

Why?

Think this has something to do with it.
In the NYPD that means little next to my 40-year-old heresy, as they see it. I still get hate mail from active and retired police officers.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top