Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2001 4:49:41 PM EDT
April 19 and we have the usual in-depth stories about ceremonies re OK City.  And, unless I am looking in the wrong places, nothing about Waco.

Waco was worse.  OK City was mass murder committed by a single nut (at least as far as we know).  Waco was mass murder committed by official U.S. government action, at least presumably, "we the people."  Official murder is morally worse than murder by a nut.

So why all the coverage of OK City and none of Waco?  Are the Waco deaths not "worth" commemorating because those people were wacky religious kooks, or because there is some unspoken theory that McVeigh "avenged" their deaths?

Dunno . . .
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 5:15:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I was wondering the same thing.  
The Government committed mass murder.
The Government did a study.
The Government decided it did no wrong.

The Media regurgitated everything the Government wanted them too.  Investigative Journalism is dead.

The people believe the Media, and thus believe the Government.

But still, 18 (?) children, innocent by anyone's view, died a horrible death.  So even then, they deserve some media coverage today in their memory too.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 5:19:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Waco? Huh? What? i must have forgotton what that was all about.........
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 5:27:11 PM EDT
[#3]
The only thing I've heard about it all day was from G. Gordon Liddy. He pointed out the fact that Mc Veigh said that the reason for Oklahoma City was Waco. He blamed the FBI hostage rescue team for Waco.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 5:35:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I,m with you guys,I guess what the ATF and FBI did in WACO doesn,t matter to the country. Only when the KILLERS of WACO are behind BARS and sentenced to the same fate as McVeigh then maybe I will fell sorry for OK. There is not suppose to be a double standard !Thanks again guys I thought everyone forgot about WACO !!
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 5:37:52 PM EDT
[#5]
The media did such a splendid job of demonizing Koresh that people just don't give a shit. When the revolution comes, I hope we remember the crimes of the media, and tie a bunch of the bastards to car bumpers and drag them around town. They deserve the Mussolini treatment for their sins.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 5:38:29 PM EDT
[#6]
And I thought I was the only one who was bothered by this!

Very messy situation.  Personally, I hate to attach one atrocity to the other, but we all know what was in the mind (if you want to call it that) of that lunatic that blew up that building in Oklahoma, and therefore it's kind of hard to think of one without thinking of the other!  Our government murdered those people in Waco, just like McVeigh murdered those innocent people in that federal building.  Both incidents were very sad, and McVeigh will never be able to commit another crime of this type, especially if his sentence is carried out in May.  The government, on the other hand...

Link Posted: 4/19/2001 5:42:26 PM EDT
[#7]
If you guys haven't seen this, do it now:
[url]http://www.wizardsofaz.com/waco/picturethis.html[/url]

[:(] [:(] [:(]
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 5:45:56 PM EDT
[#8]
The government would NEVER have been able to commit it's crime without the help of the media. We must never forget that. The media is equally guilty, and someday must be taken to task for that.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 5:47:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Great point DawgyNWindow !!
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 5:56:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Rogue Star:
If you guys haven't seen this, do it now:
[url]http://www.wizardsofaz.com/waco/picturethis.html[/url]

[:(] [:(] [:(]
View Quote

Why ya wanna make me cry, AGAIN? [:(]
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 6:47:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 7:07:12 PM EDT
[#12]
wow! isn't that special to dedicate a training center to a murderer! my opinion of that situation is getting lower and lower. it was already bad enough to but know that, man that does it!

colt
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 7:26:42 PM EDT
[#13]
The gov, led by the Clintons, sought to give us all a message. Guns will no longer be tolerated, religion will be supervised, non-PC citizens will be eradicated. There will be room only for "tolerance" of perversion, homosexuality, opening of our borders, and the sale of our once great nation to the forces of evil, corruption, and eventually communism.
 Secondly, after the fact we have been informed that we average citizens have less value than those who work for the government. Where else can one obtain greater job security, better benefits while screwing your neighbors.
 Thirdly, we are left to realize, on our own, that there is no shortage of individuals who are happy to do the governments dirty work, even to the point of massacring men, women, and children who represent "we the people". It would seem, in fact, that that is what some of them are most willing to do. Consider that the next time you question whether military personnel would be willing to go house to house eradicating us in the effort to protect us from our weapons.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 7:46:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Same thoughts exactly where is all of the media coverage?   [sniper]
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 7:51:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Remember the person in power at the time of the Randy Weaver massacre was President Bush.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 7:56:57 PM EDT
[#16]
And also remember that the ATF has been abusing it's power since the late seventies, early eighties, even during the reign of the conservative god, ronnie himself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top