User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:10:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sure, if you exclude energy, food, and virtually everything else that people buy on a regular basis.

iPad's and flat screen TV's are the benchmark now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol, inflation is under 2%?

Sure, if you exclude energy, food, and virtually everything else that people buy on a regular basis.

For anyone who doesn't know, this is actually the truth and not an exaggeration.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:49:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

For anyone who doesn't know, this is actually the truth and not an exaggeration.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol, inflation is under 2%?

Energy is way down. That's a huge component of the amount of money people spend. Food is still expensive but those pressures are waning. Remember, the last 2 years had anomalies in the beef and pork industries with regards to their pricing.

In the last 52 weeks Gasoline has fallen 25%. So, if energy levels stay here for a while, I don't know if they will, probably not, then the pressures on food prices should fall. Because the same fuel you put into your car is correlated to all the fuel the farmers and truckers use to fuel their vehicles and implements.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:17:52 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Pre-election propaganda?
View Quote

The timing is a bit odd isn't it?

Not that they really give a shit who's in power. They pretty much do whatever they want either way.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:33:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
... may be in the minority here, but the market has been very good to my portfolio over the past three years
View Quote

Yep, I've made a lot of money since 2009. To bad it will all be lost when the market finally crashes any day now.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:40:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yep, I've made a lot of money since 2009. To bad it will all be lost when the market finally crashes any day now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
... may be in the minority here, but the market has been very good to my portfolio over the past three years

Based on what? A hunch? Technical? Valuations?

Just curious.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top