Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/29/2014 11:54:38 AM EDT
Ok, before anyone flames me on crossfit I got some questions.  For those not familiar with my past posts, I'm recently divorced and looking to get back in shape.  I played college football so I'm a big guy, 6'5" 330 lbs so I'm used to lifting weights and many of the exercises crossfit incorporates. Plus, I do better in a group working out as there are others there to push me and keep me motivated.  I've joined the local gym and have been going but I can see that im going to need to change things up to keep motivated.

A friend of mine take crossfit classes at 0600 3 or 4 times a week.  Since my schedule only permits me to go early in the AM on the days I don't have my girls this would be perfect.  I'm going this evening to a beginners class to see if it's something I'm going to like doing.  Anyone here take or have taken crossfit?  What can I expect?  And is there another alternative out there?

Thanks for the input guys!
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:00:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Crossfit is awful for you. They emphasize lack of proper form and risk of injury as a plus that makes you more awesome.

Stick to what you already know works well for you.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:06:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:10:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Go to the fitness forum and ask there.  Every 300lb fatty with chetto coverd fingers is gonna bash cross fit in GD.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:13:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Go to the fitness forum and ask there.  Every 300lb fatty with chetto coverd fingers is gonna bash cross fit in GD.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Awe hell, didn't know we even had a fitness forum  Yeah, I figured there would be some bashing going on.

Quoted:
Crossfit is awful for you. They emphasize lack of proper form and risk of injury as a plus that makes you more awesome.

Stick to what you already know works well for you.

As far as form goes, I've done most of these exercises and know the proper form.  What works well?  Well, that's the problem.  I do better in a team atmosphere, always have.  I can workout alone and do but it's like I hit a threshold and can't get past that point.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:18:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Make sure you have a good health insurance, a damn good Chiropractor or Neurosurgeon on call if you do crossfit.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:20:47 PM EDT
[#6]
If someone is a vegan and does crossfit, which one do they tell you about first?
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:22:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Make sure you have a good health insurance, a damn good Chiropractor or Neurosurgeon on call if you do crossfit.
View Quote

Funny you mention chiropractor, the friend of mine that is already taking the class is a Chiropractor.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:24:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I hate crossfit but it sounds like it would fit your personality
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:24:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Funny you mention chiropractor, the friend of mine that is already taking the class is a Chiropractor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that actually is a good sign they are making sure the members and instructors are using proper form techniques.

Remember, Form is more important than weight.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:25:11 PM EDT
[#10]
At your size the prescribed weights in the crossfit wods will be nothing. It's going to be a great cardio workout for you though.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:28:11 PM EDT
[#11]
The problem I have with crossfit is it costs $100+ per month, and you don't actually get anything that a regular gym membership at $15/mo doesn't cover.

If the instruction were actually there to encourage proper form and give you personalized guidance and training, I could see it.

But you basically show up, throw a WOD in, talk about crossfit with your new crossfit friends, and then flop around and tell yourself you can do 20 pullups.

ETA:  But you know what, go try it out.  Anything is better than nothing, and if it gets you in the gym and makes you happy and you don't get hurt, then it's all good.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:32:21 PM EDT
[#12]
My wife and I have been doing crossfit for about 6 months.  I've only worked out at one place, so can't speak for other gyms.  I was concerned about the objections raised about lack of propper form when lifting heavy weights.  Our instructor (also the owner, and incidentally my neighbor) was trained in coaching weight lifting before he ever did crossfit.  He has gone out of his way to say that on heavy lifts, time is not important, but form is.  Focusing on proper technique may lose you a few seconds on time, but will save your joints.  I enjoy the bit of competition my workouts include (usually a strength component before the WOD.  Can be dead lifts, cleans, bench press, etc, results are posted next to the WOD results).  While I usually fall to the lower half of results on more endurance focused WODs, I am usually pretty high on strength components.  

I like being able to see what others have done, and trying to beat their results.  If I work out by myself, I tend to not push myself as far.  Having that goal, and having other people pushing me helps me.  

I do struggle with some aspects of crossfit, and not following propper form (such as when a WOD calls for "pullups", and everyone is doing kips), but I also appreciate that we are encouraged to scale things back to what we can do.  I don't think I'm doing anything that is promoting improper form, or creating bad habits.  I follow the coaching I recieve, and focus on form.  As long as you don't sacrifice form to try to beat someone else, I think crossfit is a good workout.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:36:08 PM EDT
[#13]
This is not the best place to get advice. Its very negative here. Ignore the fatties, bro dogs, fear mongers, hate spewers, etc. I am not sure why people hate it. Its great exercise, you meet good people who are positive and having fun. It can change your life if you put the work in.

Just do it. I love it. I go about 5 days a week.  

Here are some tips:

-Scale your workouts. It's you vs, you, not everyone else
-Work on good form
-Don't let others talk you into going too heavy
-Find the right box for you, they are all different, some are clown central some are great
-Focus on recovery. You need sleep and to do the mobility stuff.
-Focus on nutrition. You have to eat to perform. (If you eat trash you will feel like trash
-Have a good attitude and pump others up
-Have fun!

Feel free to PM with questions. Its a little intimidating at first, but just keep a good attitude and prepare to be humbled.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:37:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Trying to use good form at crossfit is like trying to shoot USPSA with good tactics. It can be done. But it hurts your times/scores.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:39:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Ok, before anyone flames me on crossfit I got some questions.  For those not familiar with my past posts, I'm recently divorced and looking to get back in shape.  I played college football so I'm a big guy, 6'5" 330 lbs so I'm used to lifting weights and many of the exercises crossfit incorporates. Plus, I do better in a group working out as there are others there to push me and keep me motivated.  I've joined the local gym and have been going but I can see that im going to need to change things up to keep motivated.

A friend of mine take crossfit classes at 0600 3 or 4 times a week.  Since my schedule only permits me to go early in the AM on the days I don't have my girls this would be perfect.  I'm going this evening to a beginners class to see if it's something I'm going to like doing.  Anyone here take or have taken crossfit?  What can I expect?  And is there another alternative out there?

View Quote

Are you "used to lifting" as in accustomed to lifting regularly, or is it "used to lift" as in this was something you did in the past? If you are just starting back into a routine, do yourself a favor and start with something less ambitious such as just going to the gym 4 days a week and doing a mix of weights and cardio for an hour. In six months or so start working on your Olympic style lifts. You really need those down before moving on to cross fit.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:40:07 PM EDT
[#16]
So, Crossfitters... why is it called a "box?"

Can't you just say gym like the rest of the planet?  Why redefine new words?

Or is it just so you can keep making lame sex jokes?  Huh-huh, I threw in a WOD in the box this morning.  Huh.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:46:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The problem I have with crossfit is it costs $100+ per month, and you don't actually get anything that a regular gym membership at $15/mo doesn't cover.

If the instruction were actually there to encourage proper form and give you personalized guidance and training, I could see it.

But you basically show up, throw a WOD in, talk about crossfit with your new crossfit friends, and then flop around and tell yourself you can do 20 pullups.

ETA:  But you know what, go try it out.  Anything is better than nothing, and if it gets you in the gym and makes you happy and you don't get hurt, then it's all good.
View Quote

I asked why crossfit cost so much in the fitness forum a few years ago and never got a real answer. I don't get it
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:47:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just make sure you have good coaches. Crossfit is not about doing things as fast as possible with shit form. Ultimately it is up to you to protect yourself. If you can't do a wod at the prescribed weight with good form, drop to a lower weight. Also, don't be afraid to ask questions. Even if you know the lifts it doesn't hurt to ask about your form every once in a while. It isn't for everybody, but it is effective.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:48:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I asked why crossfit cost so much in the fitness forum a few years ago and never got a real answer. I don't get it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It depends on where you go, each gym has it's own price. The class i go to usually has 8 people there so we get a lot of one on one instruction.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:51:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It depends on where you go, each gym has it's own price. The class i go to usually has 8 people there so we get a lot of one on one instruction.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If a local gym has all the same equipment and I can do the same WOD as a "box" why would I pay $125 a month compared to $15??
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:54:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

This as my thought, just trying a new tactic at getting in shape.  I know my limits and my body's limits.  I'm not doing anything that I know is harmful.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:56:05 PM EDT
[#22]
But how would you know what WOD to do without the magical whiteboard?

It's personalized training plans, dude.

Personalized so much that it's the same for everyone, and you just cheat on reps if you can't do them.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:56:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In a big city where you can get a gym membership at a 24 Hour Fitness or whatnot for $30-$50, it's an understandable question.  At least for where I work out, I am getting semi-personal training each workout (our classes are usually 4-8 people, so the instructor takes time to watch form on everyone and offer corrections).  When I went to a regular gym (when I lived in Denver), personal training sessions were $20 each time.  Assuming a "group personal training" was an option, it would probably still cost $5-10 additional a day.  That's 5-10 workouts a month to make up the difference.  I have been going between 4-5 times a week, so I would end up paying more for the personal attention.  Of course, here in Juneau Alaska, a monthly gym membership at a regular gym approaches $100/month (more if you go month to month) so there is no financial benefit to just going to a regular gym.  I realize my experiences and costs are not typical, but for me at least it financially makes sense.  

FWIW, I hate that it costs $100/month.  But I'd rather spend $100/month on something I actually look forward to and go 4-5 times a week vs. $30/month and not be motivated to go at all.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:57:53 PM EDT
[#24]
The cost of crossfit can best be attributed to the training style you receive there. While I would not say you are 1 to 1 with the instructor, you will be pretty darn close and they will be there to instruct you as much as you need and to offer instruction in areas that you need.

For instance, if you cannot do a movement correctly, they will take you aside and show you stretches etc etc to get you better at that movement.

The relate it to getting a personal trainer at a gym. A personal trainer at a gym will cost you easily $30 a pop (if not more).

Having played college football, and was a drug-free bodybuilder for a number of years, I can say that crossfit style workouts have been a tremendous relief and break from the monotony of regular gym workouts.

I feel sad for those folks that day in and day out, do the treadmill or eliptical machine, do their 4 sets of 10 on some weights, then call it a day.

I am stronger, entirely more flexible, have more endurance, and it has truly benefited my daily life.

I DO NOT go to a crossfit box because thankfully my regular gym has incorporated a great number of the crossfit exercises into their facility.

I would say give it a shot. It's addicting and fun. It will be a tough workout.

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:59:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
This is not the best place to get advice. Its very negative here. Ignore the fatties, bro dogs, fear mongers, hate spewers, etc. I am not sure why people hate it. Its great exercise, you meet good people who are positive and having fun. It can change your life if you put the work in.

Here are some tips:

-Work on good form
-Find the right box for you, they are all different, some are clown central some are great
-Focus on nutrition. You have to eat to perform. (If you eat trash you will feel like trash
-Have fun!

Feel free to PM with questions. Its a little intimidating at first, but just keep a good attitude and prepare to be humbled.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Here are some tips:

-Work on good form
-Have fun!

Thanks for he advice and tips.  I will definitely PM you, I'm sure I'll have questions.  Yeah, I'm sure it will be intimidating at first.  It's been awhile since I did hardcore training.  Part of me wants to ease into it by going to the gym for a few months then try crossfit.  But if I see it's too much too soon I can always back off for now and go do the gym thing with what I've learned.

Quoted:
My wife and I have been doing crossfit for about 6 months.  I've only worked out at one place, so can't speak for other gyms.  I was concerned about the objections raised about lack of propper form when lifting heavy weights.  Our instructor (also the owner, and incidentally my neighbor) was trained in coaching weight lifting before he ever did crossfit.  He has gone out of his way to say that on heavy lifts, time is not important, but form is.  Focusing on proper technique may lose you a few seconds on time, but will save your joints.  I enjoy the bit of competition my workouts include (usually a strength component before the WOD.  Can be dead lifts, cleans, bench press, etc, results are posted next to the WOD results).  While I usually fall to the lower half of results on more endurance focused WODs, I am usually pretty high on strength components.  

I like being able to see what others have done, and trying to beat their results.  If I work out by myself, I tend to not push myself as far.  Having that goal, and having other people pushing me helps me.  

I do struggle with some aspects of crossfit, and not following propper form (such as when a WOD calls for "pullups", and everyone is doing kips), but I also appreciate that we are encouraged to scale things back to what we can do.  I don't think I'm doing anything that is promoting improper form, or creating bad habits.  I follow the coaching I recieve, and focus on form.  As long as you don't sacrifice form to try to beat someone else, I think crossfit is a good workout.

Thanks for the input, not all crossfit classes have good instructors.  I think it gets a bad rap cause the instructors don't know what they are doing.  The head trainer at the one I'm going to try was an Olympic strength coach so I would think he would teach proper form and technique.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:01:54 PM EDT
[#26]
A good Crossfit instructor will teach you to keep the proper form, slowing down or scaling weight as necessary.

Not all crossfit instructors are good teachers.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:02:44 PM EDT
[#27]
I'll be honest...

I secretly want to do crossfit.  Not enough to actually do it, as I have neither the time nor the money to waste, but if I had nothing to do for an hour, and it was happening, yeah, I'd try it.

I want to do the fun shit like monkeybars and then beat the shit out of a tire with a sledgehammer.  It kinda looks like fun if you just turn your brain off.

I still don't understand what kettlebells do that regular dumbells can't, but shit, I kinda want to swing some around.  Can we go outside and just throw them?  That would be awesome.  Let's go throw them off the roof, and then go pick them up and run up the stairs with them and throw them off again.  I'll bet like five bucks some crossfit "coach" is reading that thinking, "Hey, that's a great idea!"
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:05:21 PM EDT
[#28]
You realty don't need to pay $100 a month for a crossfit membership to get in shape.  If that's your thing, that's cool, but it's not necessary just to get in shape.  Basically, you're paying someone else to make a plan for you and help you to stick to it.  If you have the brains and patience to make your own plan (you can find a lot of them on the net) and the willpower to stick to it, then a regular gym membership will work just fine.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:07:49 PM EDT
[#29]
If you feel like you may be intimidated, see if the gym has a beginners class. The one I go to actually had a 10 session beginner course that went through all the exercises you would encounter on any WOD they did in normal classes.  You would focus on one or two exercises for the first half (maybe rope climbing and bench press, or front squats and cleans, or burpees and box jumps), and then you would do a reduced level WOD to get the feel for what normal sessions would be like without killing yourself the first time you do it.  This allowed the instructor to teach propper form on all lifts prior to throwing you into a WOD where you are trying to "get a fast time" and have you hurt yourself.  He wouldn't allow people to attend regular classes without either taking the beginner course or being able to show they knew popper form first.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:08:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:12:36 PM EDT
[#31]
CROSSFIT!!!!

But why go when there are no women there?  
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:14:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
You realty don't need to pay $100 a month for a crossfit membership to get in shape.  If that's your thing, that's cool, but it's not necessary just to get in shape.  Basically, you're paying someone else to make a plan for you and help you to stick to it.  If you have the brains and patience to make your own plan (you can find a lot of them on the net) and the willpower to stick to it, then a regular gym membership will work just fine.
View Quote

Well shit, you don't need to pay $30 a month for a regular gym membership either to get into shape.  Go push a car around, run up and down hills, do pushups, situps, jumping jacks, burpees, pick up heavy stuff and put it down.  Sprint intervals at your local high school football field.  Buy a used weight set for a couple hundred dollars and lift in your garage.  If a regular gym is your thing, cool, but it's not necessary either.

Not trying to bust your balls here, just pointing out that going to crossift gyms is not a lack of "brains and patience" thing.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:17:42 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

I thought you were posting this
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:22:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Not a single Crossfit gif yet?  GD, you are slacking.

Wheres Shotgunfatcat?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:22:38 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

I love this video.  Dude is hilarious.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:26:04 PM EDT
[#36]

Not really a cross fit problem, it's just a problem for anyone who pushes themselves to the limit while working out.  Two years ago the hospital I was doing clinicals in had 6 different patients come in with rhabdo including a student nurse I was in class with.

Eventually someone put it together that they all went to the same personal trainer (who wasn't affiliated with cf) that was offering a free introductory session.  

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:29:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Crossfit threads never disappoint. I'm in.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:31:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

The bold part is what I don't like about it.  I never did it but I was around it almost every day for 2+ years.  I thought it was expensive for what you get.

If you do go for it, make sure you get a good box with good instructors.  Most people complain about bad form and injuries because they have crappy instructors.  If you get a good box then you shouldn't have to worry.  They will make sure you are using proper form and lifting within your limits.

Crossfit is definitely a culture.  Once you get to know everyone they become your family.  They can be a great support structure and will help keep you motivated.  Just be aware that you will probably eat, sleep and breathe Crossfit once you get hooked.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:32:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Have you priced Cross Fit gyms?  Fuck that.

You want cross fit?  Do a set of squats then immediately do a set of pull ups then immediately after that do a set of dips. Repeat.

You'll be cross fittin' like a mofo and won't have to take out a loan.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:34:42 PM EDT
[#40]
OP, it all depends on the quality of the coaching.  I guess my crossfit box focuses more on form and safety than most of them.  In addition to the typical CrossFit certifications, my coach is a Certified Personal Trainer and has completed barbell and olympic weight training with Mark Rippetoe and Mike Burgener.

As long as YOU take responsibility for your own safety and do the movements with good form, you'll be fine.  I push myself hard, but back off if I think I might hurt myself.  I can't afford a long layoff due to injury.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:38:43 PM EDT
[#41]
I know someone close to me that is a crossfit trainer part time. Level 1 cert, strongman cert and kettle bell cert. God bless her heart because she is a good person and means to do well but thats all she wants to talk about and it bores the fuck out of me.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:39:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Well shit, you don't need to pay $30 a month for a regular gym membership either to get into shape.  Go push a car around, run up and down hills, do pushups, situps, jumping jacks, burpees, pick up heavy stuff and put it down.  Sprint intervals at your local high school football field.  Buy a used weight set for a couple hundred dollars and lift in your garage.  If a regular gym is your thing, cool, but it's not necessary either.

Not trying to bust your balls here, just pointing out that going to crossift gyms is not a lack of "brains and patience" thing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you have the room in your house or garage for a home gym, that's fine...do it.  I don't.  I have to keep at least one car in my garage.  A gym is fairly cheap most of the time...a hell of a lot cheaper than a crossfit membership, usually.  Stop trying to find something to be offended by.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:40:43 PM EDT
[#43]

If someone is a vegan and does crossfit, which one do they tell you about first?
View Quote

It would be paleo if they are doing crossfit and you would hear about both immediately.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:51:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 2:01:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Crossfit threads never disappoint. I'm in.
View Quote

Yeah, I didn't mean to start a shit storm, guess I shoulda posted in team  Like everyone I've heard the stories and I know what to do and what to stay away from.  Everyone is different, I tend to train better when I have goals and other people there pushing me.  Guess that comes from the football programs over the years.  We trained in groups and had goals each group would compete for as well as individual goals.  The gym does get monotonous at times and doesn't keep me motivated enough to push myself the way I need to.  

People bash the cost but as others have pointed out it's actually cheaper than hiring a personal trainer for an hour a day for 3 or 4 days a week.  I'm going this afternoon for I'll post my thoughts about the class tomorrow.  Also if there are any cute girls there!  
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 2:27:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

If a local gym has all the same equipment and I can do the same WOD as a "box" why would I pay $125 a month compared to $15??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

if said gym allows Olympic lifting and chalk I'm not sure why you would. if the extra coaching and the motivation of competing against others at the gym isn't worth $110 to you then you probably shouldn't pay it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 2:29:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
But how would you know what WOD to do without the magical whiteboard?

It's personalized training plans, dude.

Personalized so much that it's the same for everyone, and you just cheat on reps if you can't do them.
View Quote

I believe they are posted for all to see on the http://www.crossfit.com/website. My gym does it's own programming though.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 2:47:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'll be honest...

I secretly want to do crossfit.
View Quote

I love this!

You should do eet.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 2:51:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I'll be honest...

I secretly want to do crossfit.  Not enough to actually do it, as I have neither the time nor the money to waste, but if I had nothing to do for an hour, and it was happening, yeah, I'd try it.

I want to do the fun shit like monkeybars and then beat the shit out of a tire with a sledgehammer.  It kinda looks like fun if you just turn your brain off.

I still don't understand what kettlebells do that regular dumbells can't, but shit, I kinda want to swing some around.  Can we go outside and just throw them?  That would be awesome.  Let's go throw them off the roof, and then go pick them up and run up the stairs with them and throw them off again.  I'll bet like five bucks some crossfit "coach" is reading that thinking, "Hey, that's a great idea!"
View Quote

It's easier for me to get two hands on a kettle bell than a dumb bell. This is helpful during kettle bell swings for sure.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 2:52:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Blowing wods in boxes is what appeals to me
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top