...and supportive of individual liberty
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is a Liberaltarian anyway? A Democrat with a gun?

More like a Republican with a much smaller government.

And a much deeper hatred of taxation and regulation.

...and a complete and utter obliviousness  for the wisdom found in "divided we fall"

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:27:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Yeah, D's and R's are just alike.  

Just look at the 2013 gun vote.

Oh, wait.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_Ztxm0pSQQo/UXAJK0XznkI/AAAAAAAACCU/k0JchEvIiPE/s1600/senate+yes+and+no+votes+on+gun+control.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The GOP and the DNC are far closer to each other than either is to the LP's platform.  

Yeah, D's and R's are just alike.  

Just look at the 2013 gun vote.

Oh, wait.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_Ztxm0pSQQo/UXAJK0XznkI/AAAAAAAACCU/k0JchEvIiPE/s1600/senate+yes+and+no+votes+on+gun+control.png

that picture makes me want to punch my computer.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:36:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
...and a complete and utter obliviousness  for the wisdom found in "divided we fall"  
View Quote

You should apply that logic to all of the RINO's who go to Washington and fail to stick to the values they campaigned on.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:50:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You should apply that logic to all of the RINO's who go to Washington and fail to stick to the values they campaigned on.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

and if you libertarians added your voice and your candidates to the rest of the conservative republicans...... there is a growing movement away from rino's but apparently its not good enough for you. nut up or shut up. i no longer consider your third party division politics useful for anything other than the best thing to happen to the democratic party

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:54:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yesterday, Senator Mitch McConnell (R-KY) said he won't move to repeal Obamacare if Republicans win a majority this year.

In a Fox News interview, McConnell was asked if he'd push for "getting rid of the Affordable Care Act" as Majority Leader.

"It would take 60 votes in the Senate. Nobody thinks we're going to have 60 Republicans," McConnell said. "And it would take a president – presidential signature. No one thinks we're going to get that."
View Quote

And?  He's stating the obvious;  unless the Republicans have a veto-proof majority, repealing ACA isn't going to happen.

Do you even understand how our legislature works?  
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:00:34 PM EDT
[#6]
As usual, I'm voting the R slate right down to the Judges.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:50:13 PM EDT
[#7]
OPs message is "don't vote for Republicans.  You're wasting your vote because you're really more like libertarians than what the GOP stands for".

Fucking horseshit.  

Your platform sucks.  Your candidates suck.  Your party's record of winning elections sucks.  Your moby threads claiming that Republican gubernatorial candidates want to ban blow jobs (so "vote for the carbon tax guy instead") absolutely fucking suck.

The GOP may suck in some ways too, and I realize it isn't perfect, buy since you self-identify with a party that can't win One. Single. Fucking. National. Election, due to its radical leftist ideology of isolationism, legalizing illicit drugs (and that's a big one for you people), open borders, pro-choice (murdering the unborn), and recognizing bizarre "same-sex unions" as "marriage", then excuse the fuck out of the rest of us as we point at you, laugh, and assert that your failures in politics illustrates that you and those like you aren't as intellectually gifted as you like to insist to the rest of us that you are.  In fact, the liberaltarian platform appeals mostly to college students (something not unnoticed by Dr. Ron Paul), if that tells you anything, lol.  They don't want to pay taxes when they finally find a job.  Oh yea, that makes libertarians "conservative".

You think the "republican" brand is damaged?  LOL!  Nobody wants to admit they're a social progressive, and make no mistake, "libertarians" are in fact "social progressives".  Deal with it.

We'll take your advice under advisement, Mr. "save the blowjob from the GOP".

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:49:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
and if you libertarians added your voice and your candidates to the rest of the conservative republicans...... there is a growing movement away from rino's but apparently its not good enough for you. nut up or shut up. i no longer consider your third party division politics useful for anything other than the best thing to happen to the democratic party  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have never voted for anyone other than a republican in any national general election.  

This growing movement away from RINO's that you speak of, is that the same movement that gave us Mitt Romney and John McCain as the last two republican presidential nominees?  The same state-level RNC that re-districted Lt Col Allen West out of his congressional seat in FL?  The same political machine that shamelessly appealed to liberal/progressive voters in MS to help establishment moderate Thad Cochran beat out Tea Party Conservative Chris McDaniel?   The same republican party who's senate leader refused to endorse Rand Paul against Jim Bunning in 2010?

I'm hesitant to call myself a libertarian, but I suppose I have a lot more in common with libertarians than I do with the present day RNC establishment.  I'm pro-life and all for securing our borders, that puts me at odds against some libertarians.  However, I genuinely believe in individual liberty and in a much smaller and more restrained federal government limited by the 18 Enumerated Powers.  That puts me at odds against establishment republicans.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:40:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:24:10 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:27:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

For me it's 6 of one, half dozen of the other.  I honestly don't give a fuck between most of em any more.  

If they walked the walk on actually supporting market economics and gun rights I'd prefer a Republican.  

Since half the time they side with the goddamned Democrats on those, they're of no use to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Most of the libertarians I heard from said they would rather have a Dem. in office than a Rep.

For me it's 6 of one, half dozen of the other.  I honestly don't give a fuck between most of em any more.  

If they walked the walk on actually supporting market economics and gun rights I'd prefer a Republican.  

Since half the time they side with the goddamned Democrats on those, they're of no use to me.

Amen!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:31:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

There are a few fringe differences between the parties like Gun Control, and Social Issues, but they are nearly identical when it comes to spending, big government and liberty. It was a Rupublican President who signed the Patriot Act, and expaneded Government reach via the DHS, NSA, and the other alphabet agencies.

“If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it.”

? Mark Twain
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The two parties are not identical, as the gun vote chart shows. However, this is undeniable:

The Democrats are the party of Enormous, All-Encompassing Government.
The Republicans are the party of slightly less Enormous, All-Encompassing Government.

I will typically vote for the latter. I would love a real choice, more in line with my beliefs.

There are a few fringe differences between the parties like Gun Control, and Social Issues, but they are nearly identical when it comes to spending, big government and liberty. It was a Rupublican President who signed the Patriot Act, and expaneded Government reach via the DHS, NSA, and the other alphabet agencies.

“If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it.”

? Mark Twain

And it was a Republican that saw to it we could make no new machine guns.  And he knowingly allowed it to happen in a most foul manner, all in the name of spending.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:35:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

They sure as fuck did. They took up arms against the sovereign that god set over them. They burned the whole mother fucking thing down so they could set up their own thing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I will burn down the house rather than settle for 70 percent of what I want

I am eternally grateful that Jefferson, Franklin, Adams, et al did not think that way.

They sure as fuck did. They took up arms against the sovereign that god set over them. They burned the whole mother fucking thing down so they could set up their own thing.

Please be careful, there are Republicans herein.  Talk like that makes them nervous.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:03:52 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

And it was a Republican that saw to it we could make no new machine guns.  And he knowingly allowed it to happen in a most foul manner, all in the name of spending.
View Quote

Do not question Saint Ronald of the Small Government.  Hallowed be his name.

The alternative was worse, or something.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:35:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because we already fell.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:40:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
By not falling in line and supporting the Libertarians.

I know.  You're going to say that's not so, but it really is.  Look at the facts:

The GOP and the DNC are far closer to each other than either is to the LP's platform.  They agreed to fund Obamacare, Ban Machineguns, Raise the debt ceiling, Debase the currency, Bail out the banking industry, keep us involved in wars overseas with no economic or political gain possible from them, maintain the drug war, and generally run the country however their donors (which often donate to both parties) bribe them to run it.

In agreeing on so many things, they're essentially working together and pretending to hate each other so folks think there's still a meaningful choice.  

They even simplified it down to just colors Red and Blue.  In a lot of ways, the color is the biggest difference between them.  

So if you're thinking of wasting your vote on a Republican, keep in mind that you're actually helping the Democrats beat the LP.  We all know the GOP won't be able to keep from taking it in the ass by giving the Dems the ammo to bukake them into oblivion again, so why waste the vote?

Vote for a party that actually DOESN'T want to run your life or take half your  cash.  All you have to do is be willing to pass that level of freedom onto your neighbors even if you dislike what they'll do with it.  

Think about that for a second.  How important is it to keep those damn queers from getting married in your state?  Is it worth the taxes you'll pay under the Demicans?  

View Quote

You could repeat those same Retarded-monkeys-should-understand-it simple emutable truths until your balls turn blue and the same idiots Ideologues on the dole will still be the same idiots ideologues on the dole.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:45:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

"Won't move to repeal" and "Won't be able to get it done" are not the same.  You are another who doesn't understand how your government works, but doesn't let that stop you from making posts like this.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yesterday, Senator Mitch McConnell (R-KY) said he won't move to repeal Obamacare if Republicans win a majority this year.

In a Fox News interview, McConnell was asked if he'd push for "getting rid of the Affordable Care Act" as Majority Leader.

"It would take 60 votes in the Senate. Nobody thinks we're going to have 60 Republicans," McConnell said. "And it would take a president – presidential signature. No one thinks we're going to get that."

"Won't move to repeal" and "Won't be able to get it done" are not the same.  You are another who doesn't understand how your government works, but doesn't let that stop you from making posts like this.  

ACA passed with 50 votes right?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:50:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But didn't Obongo have to sign it?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:53:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dont see how it could be a bad thing to make him veto repeal every week until the cows come home. Can you?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:54:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

What they do, of course.  (Same as with the Dems, Libs, or anyone else.)

But I know what the Dems will do on the national stage, and that is worse than what even the worst RINOs will do in most cases... and at least there is a hope that we can push the GOPers to do the right things (or better things) over time, with no such hope for the Dems.

I also know what the Big-L Libertarians will do on the national stage.  Lose elections.  And sometimes (certainly not always, I'm not one of "those") help the Dems to win.

FTR, I think the libertarian-leaning wing of the GOP and Libertarian RINOs (like Ron Paul) have hurt the GOP far more from within than the official Libertarian Party and its candidates have from without... but, sadly, not nearly as much as our own unfaithful RINOs who have behaved like Dem-Lite and cast that shadow over the entire party.

I am a lifelong Republican, involved at the local and state level and vocal about national issues, who has lost faith in my party as a whole.  Absent major change/improvement, we will fade away or become something unrecognizable.  The platform still represents me/my interests/my priorities far more than any other party or group but, regretfully, I can no longer say that of the vast majority of those elected under that banner.  

I feel like the proverbial man without a country.  The Libertarian Party is not the refuge that I seek, personally, but I certainly understand why so many other former Republicans (esp. those far less socially conservative than I) are drawn to it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If that's true, what's more important to you?  What they say, or what they do?

But I know what the Dems will do on the national stage, and that is worse than what even the worst RINOs will do in most cases... and at least there is a hope that we can push the GOPers to do the right things (or better things) over time, with no such hope for the Dems.

I also know what the Big-L Libertarians will do on the national stage.  Lose elections.  And sometimes (certainly not always, I'm not one of "those") help the Dems to win.

FTR, I think the libertarian-leaning wing of the GOP and Libertarian RINOs (like Ron Paul) have hurt the GOP far more from within than the official Libertarian Party and its candidates have from without... but, sadly, not nearly as much as our own unfaithful RINOs who have behaved like Dem-Lite and cast that shadow over the entire party.

I am a lifelong Republican, involved at the local and state level and vocal about national issues, who has lost faith in my party as a whole.  Absent major change/improvement, we will fade away or become something unrecognizable.  The platform still represents me/my interests/my priorities far more than any other party or group but, regretfully, I can no longer say that of the vast majority of those elected under that banner.  

I feel like the proverbial man without a country.  The Libertarian Party is not the refuge that I seek, personally, but I certainly understand why so many other former Republicans (esp. those far less socially conservative than I) are drawn to it.

here we go again with this lesser of 2 evils BS.

fuck this.  I really want things to change.  So I'm going to start by changing my tactics.  I'm voting LP all the way down the ballot.  We may not win this election, but a high enough turn out will get us in the national debates so we can really gain some footing.

Gtfo with that checkers/chess crap!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:55:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

fuck this.  I really want things to change.  So I'm going to start by changing my tactics.  I'm voting LP all the way down the ballot.  We may not win this election, but a high enough turn out will get us in the national debates so we can really gain some footing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Obama and Reid thank you for your support.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:00:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

This..... I work in an office with a very vocal libertarian group.  They have open said they would vote for Wendy Davis to punish the Republicans.  

Libertarians are the fucking crossfit of political affiliations.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Most of the libertarians I heard from said they would rather have a Dem. in office than a Rep.

This..... I work in an office with a very vocal libertarian group.  They have open said they would vote for Wendy Davis to punish the Republicans.  

Libertarians are the fucking crossfit of political affiliations.

yea, assume the whole party thinks that way because one self proclaimed member said it!

that's how it works!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:04:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But they give the GOP the lion's share of their gratitude for putting them in power again by continuously pandering to the base rather than seeking the votes to win.  How much does the DNC kick back to the GOP for taking a fall each time anyway?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:24:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Here we go again. Here in VA, we should vote for the Libertarian candidate Sarvis, who was funded by the Democrats? That's great advice. The Libertarians never address that, they just ignore it. On top of the fact that if you listen to him for a few minutes, you realize he's a terrible candidate.

If the Libertarians were serious about politics, they would start running in and winning state and local races and develop serious candidates that could run a real campaign for higher office. Instead, they nominate some JV high school quarterback and expect him to get chosen for the Pro Bowl. When he isn't, they tell you how smart they are and how dumb or brainwashed you are.

Keep it up. You're perennial losers, but at least you can tell everyone how smart and principled you are.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:34:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Here we go again. Here in VA, we should vote for the Libertarian candidate Sarvis, who was funded by the Democrats? That's great advice. The Libertarians never address that, they just ignore it. On top of the fact that if you listen to him for a few minutes, you realize he's a terrible candidate.

If the Libertarians were serious about politics, they would start running in and winning state and local races and develop serious candidates that could run a real campaign for higher office. Instead, they nominate some JV high school quarterback and expect him to get chosen for the Pro Bowl. When he isn't, they tell you how smart they are and how dumb or brainwashed you are.

Keep it up. You're perennial losers, but at least you can tell everyone how smart and principled you are.
View Quote

Hmmmmm.... Which one is closer to supporting a democrat?  

Both Democrat Reid and Republican McConnell vote for higher government spending and unsustainable government debt. Every year.
Both Democrat Reid and Republican McConnell support endless war in the Middle East.
Both Democrat Reid and Republican McConnell want to spy on you. They both voted for the Patriot Act, the NDAA, and FISA.
Both Democrat Reid and Republican McConnell voted for the 48 percent increase in your Social Security tax and other tax hikes.
Both Democrat Reid and Republican McConnell cling to the failed War on Drugs and the heartless prohibition of medical marijuana.
Both Democrat Reid and Republican McConnell vote for central government planning of education, taking away control of schools from parents, teachers, and local communities.
Both Democrat Reid and Republican McConnell want government control of medicine. Neither will defund Obamacare. Neither will allow you to control your own health care. Neither will allow you access to low-cost, high-quality care.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:38:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Both Democrat Reid and Republican McConnell vote for higher government spending and unsustainable government debt. Every year.
Both Democrat Reid and Republican McConnell support endless war in the Middle East.
Both Democrat Reid and Republican McConnell want to spy on you. They both voted for the Patriot Act, the NDAA, and FISA.
Both Democrat Reid and Republican McConnell voted for the 48 percent increase in your Social Security tax and other tax hikes.
Both Democrat Reid and Republican McConnell cling to the failed War on Drugs and the heartless prohibition of medical marijuana.
Both Democrat Reid and Republican McConnell vote for central government planning of education, taking away control of schools from parents, teachers, and local communities.
Both Democrat Reid and Republican McConnell want government control of medicine. Neither will defund Obamacare. Neither will allow you to control your own health care. Neither will allow you access to low-cost, high-quality care.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Both parties suck, but the problem libertarian party does not seem to get is they suck even worse.  The mere fact that throw up words that in some case you don't understand shows the parties and many of its supporters not only are naïve reciting taking points and don't know what they are talking about.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:44:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Both parties suck, but the problem libertarian party does not seem to get is they suck even worse.  The mere fact that throw up words that in some case you don't understand shows the parties and many of its supporters not only are naïve reciting taking points and don't know what they are talking about.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.  Opposing all that stuff above sure does suck worse..........if you're a Democrat supporter.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:51:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What are you talking about? You completely ignored everything I said. Let's try one question at a time. Why did the Democrats fund Sarvis?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:53:16 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Because we already fell.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Originally Posted By Diesel_Maximus

Because we already fell.
Then I guess you should stay home then. Your vote would stop be worth just as much.

Maybe you should learn from the tea party. They ran several candidates under the republican flag and WON. Yes they were openly tea party, but they did not seperate themselves completely from the republican brand. by saying "I am a conservative republican" or by saying "I am a constitutional republican" you might actually go somewhere.  But no, you have already lost, in your mind and in your broken spirit. You are content to vote to make yourself feel better NOT to try to push this country back one step at a time. You Expect unicorns to descend from the heavens ridden by William Wallace and have them land in a Rome built in a day.

The liberals have been slowly taking this country away from us since the NEW DEAL and you really expect to take it back with Ron Paul? O wait even he knows when he is hurting this nation and won't be running. . .

So get off your libertarian soap box. And get back in the mud and grit and stench that is the war for the Republican Party and be useful again. Otherwise, don't say shit when another R looses to a D by almost the exact percentage points taken away by your two bit candidates.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:13:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Then I guess you should stay home then. Your vote would stop be worth just as much.

Maybe you should learn from the tea party. They ran several candidates under the republican flag and WON. Yes they were openly tea party, but they did not seperate themselves completely from the republican brand. by saying "I am a conservative republican" or by saying "I am a constitutional republican" you might actually go somewhere.  But no, you have already lost, in your mind and in your broken spirit. You are content to vote to make yourself feel better NOT to try to push this country back one step at a time. You Expect unicorns to descend from the heavens ridden by William Wallace and have them land in a Rome built in a day.

The liberals have been slowly taking this country away from us since the NEW DEAL and you really expect to take it back with Ron Paul? O wait even he knows when he is hurting this nation and won't be running. . .

So get off your libertarian soap box. And get back in the mud and grit and stench that is the war for the Republican Party and be useful again. Otherwise, don't say shit when another R looses to a D by almost the exact percentage points taken away by your two bit candidates.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because we already fell.

Or you can just vote for what you want.  If you want more Democrat style shit, vote D or R.  If you Don't want that kind of shit, vote L.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:18:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
OPs message is "don't vote for Republicans.  You're wasting your vote because you're really more like libertarians than what the GOP stands for".

Fucking horseshit.  

Your platform sucks.  Your candidates suck.  Your party's record of winning elections sucks.  Your moby threads claiming that Republican gubernatorial candidates want to ban blow jobs (so "vote for the carbon tax guy instead") absolutely fucking suck.

The GOP may suck in some ways too, and I realize it isn't perfect, buy since you self-identify with a party that can't win One. Single. Fucking. National. Election, due to its radical leftist ideology of isolationism, legalizing illicit drugs (and that's a big one for you people), open borders, pro-choice (murdering the unborn), and recognizing bizarre "same-sex unions" as "marriage", then excuse the fuck out of the rest of us as we point at you, laugh, and assert that your failures in politics illustrates that you and those like you aren't as intellectually gifted as you like to insist to the rest of us that you are.  In fact, the liberaltarian platform appeals mostly to college students (something not unnoticed by Dr. Ron Paul), if that tells you anything, lol.  They don't want to pay taxes when they finally find a job.  Oh yea, that makes libertarians "conservative".

You think the "republican" brand is damaged?  LOL!  Nobody wants to admit they're a social progressive, and make no mistake, "libertarians" are in fact "social progressives".  Deal with it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Fucking horseshit.  

This. Another DNC ACLU progressive dog whistle troll thread from OP. The original post from OP is the biggest load of liberal claptrap blaming Republicans for the last minute DNC poison pill Hughes Amendment, Obamadontcare, expanding gov since OP and his leftwing progressive ilk accused Republicans of banning blowjobs, Obama's open borders, Obama's general fisa warrants, DNC CRA mortgage collapse, DNC .Gov jobs, DNC QE, DNC EPA CO2 regulation, Obama's repeal of FSA welfare reform Clinton vetoed 2 times.

Op should change his liberal troll thread title to "The Libertarian Party is shilling for the Democrats a week before Midterms"

Charles Rangel, William Hughes, Obama, Clinton, abortion Barbie, ghey mafia, the dem party, Gabby Gifford, Bloomberg, Everytown, Gun Sense and Moms Demand Action thank them for their incessant job spreading leftist ignorance on gun forums.

Quoted:
Either the GOP or the Democrats are going to control the Senate in 2014.  The party in majority will decide who heads the various important committees.  The committee that oversees all proposed gun control legislation is the Senate Judiciary Committee.  Here are each party's members on that Committee, their NRA grade for 2014, their votes on key legislation in 2013, and any specially remarkable actions on gun legislation:

Democrats
Patrick Leahy (D-VT) Chairman - NRA C, Voted to ban magazines, Voted to Ban Semi-Autos, Voted for registration of firearms
Diane Feinstein (D-CA) - NRA F, Voted to ban magazines, Voted to Ban Semi-Autos, Voted for registration of firearms - Author of 1994 ban, Author of 2004 Renewal Amendment to Ban, Author of Draconian 2013 Ban.
Charles Schumer (D-NY) - NRA F, Voted to ban magazines, Voted to Ban Semi-Autos, Voted for registration of firearms, Leader of Senate Gun Control forces in 2013.
Dick Durbin (D-IL) - NRA F, Voted to ban magazines, Voted to Ban Semi-Autos, Voted for registration of firearms
Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI) - NRA F, Voted to ban magazines, Voted to Ban Semi-Autos, Voted for registration of firearms
Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) - NRA F, Voted to ban magazines, Voted to Ban Semi-Autos, Voted for registration of firearms
Al Franken (D-MN) - NRA - F, Voted to ban magazines, Voted to Ban Semi-Autos, Voted for registration of firearms
Christopher A. Coons (D-DE) NRA F, Voted to ban magazines, Voted to Ban Semi-Autos, Voted for registration of firearms
Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) - NRA F, Voted to ban magazines, Voted to Ban Semi-Autos, Voted for registration of firearms
Mazie Hirono (D-HI) - NRA F, Voted to ban magazines, Voted to Ban Semi-Autos, Voted for registration of firearms

Republicans
Chuck Grassley (R-IA) (Ranking Member of Minority) - NRA A, Voted AGAINST ban on magazines, Voted AGAINST Ban on Semi-Autos, Voted AGAINSTregistration of firearms
Orrin G. Hatch (R-UT) - NRA A+, Voted AGAINST ban on magazines, Voted AGAINST Ban on Semi-Autos, Voted AGAINSTregistration of firearms
Jeff Sessions (R-AL) - NRA A+, Voted AGAINST ban on magazines, Voted AGAINST Ban on Semi-Autos, Voted AGAINSTregistration of firearms
Lindsey Graham (R-SC)- NRA A, Voted AGAINST ban on magazines, Voted AGAINST Ban on Semi-Autos, Voted AGAINSTregistration of firearms, Sponsored S.480 to stop VA from stripping vets of 2A rights for PTSD/financial incapacity determinations
John Cornyn (R-TX) - NRA A+, Voted AGAINST ban on magazines, Voted AGAINST Ban on Semi-Autos, Voted AGAINSTregistration of firearms, Sponsored Nationwide Concealed Carry Reciprocity Amendment - Twice
Mike Lee (R-UT) - NRA A+, Voted AGAINST ban on magazines, Voted AGAINST Ban on Semi-Autos, Voted AGAINSTregistration of firearms
Ted Cruz (R-TX) NRA A+, Voted AGAINST ban on magazines, Voted AGAINST Ban on Semi-Autos, Voted AGAINSTregistration of firearms, Led first filibuster attempt on Senate gun control bill.
Jeff Flake (R-AZ) - NRA A, Voted AGAINST ban on magazines, Voted AGAINST Ban on Semi-Autos, Voted AGAINSTregistration of firearms, Leaned on hard by Gabby Giffords and Dems during Newtown and targeted for some really nasty propaganda.

Whichever party gains the majority in the Senate in November 2014, decides which of these two groups of people will control the Committee that controls the fate of all gun control legislation in the Senate.  If the Republicans win, they get to axe two Democrats (which would probably be Blumenthal and Hirono) and add two Republicans (unknown).

So, does anybody see any trends we can use to determine which group we would rather have in power?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1667741_Here_is_your_choice_in_Senate_leadership_for_2014.html&page=1&anc=50112031#i50112031

Everytown full list of endorsements

State Candidates
State Office First Name Last Name
CA AG Kamala Harris
CO Gov John Hickenlooper
CO SD 11 Michael Merrifield
CO SD 16 Jeanne Nicholson
CO SD 19 Rachel Zenzinger
CO SD 22 Andy Kerr
CT Gov Dan Malloy
CT AG George Jepsen
CT HD 88 Brendan Sharkey
DE HD 15 Valerie Longhurst
DE SD 2 Margaret Rose Henry
DE SD 11 Bryan Townsend
MD Gov Anthony Brown
MD AG Brian Frosh
MD SD 27 Mike Miller
MD HD 15 Kathleen Dumais
MD HD 30 Mike Busch
MD SD 20 Jamie Raskin
MN Gov Mark Dayton
MN HD 42A Barb Yarusso
MN HD 48A Yvonne Selcer
MN HD 49A Ron Erhardt
MN HD 49B Paul Rosenthal
MN HD 51B Laurie Halverson
MN HD 56B Will Morgan
NV SD 8 Marilyn Dondero Loop
NV SD 9 Justin Jones
NV AD 18 Amy Beaulieu
NY Gov Andrew Cuomo
NY AG Eric Schneiderman
OR Gov John Kitzhaber
PA Gov Tom Wolf

US House Candidates
District First Last
AZ-2 Ron Barber
CA-11 Mark DeSaulnier
CA-12 Nancy Pelosi
CA-14 Jackie Speier
CA-17 Mike Honda
CA-19 Zoe Lofgren
CA-24 Lois Capps
CA-26 Julia Brownley
CA-28 Adam Schiff
CA-3 John Garamendi
CA-31 Pete Aguilar
CA-32 Grace Napolitano
CA-36 Raul Ruiz
CA-5 Mike Thompson
CA-7 Ami Bera
CA-9 Jerry McNerney
CO-1 Diana DeGette
CO-7 Ed Perlmutter
CT-3 Rosa DeLauro
CT-5 Elizabeth Esty
FL-18 Patrick Murphy
IA-2 Dave Loebsack
IA-3 Staci Appel
IL-2 Robin Kelly
IL-5 Mike Quigley
IL-8 Tammy Duckworth
MA-3 Niki Tsongas
MA-7 Mike Capuano
MD-3 John Sarbanes
MD-5 Steny Hoyer
MD-7 Elijah Cummings
MD-8 Chris Van Hollen
MI-13 John Conyers
MI-14 Brenda Lawrence
MN-5 Keith Ellison
MS-2 Bennie Thompson
NC-4 David Price
NH-1 Carol Shea-Porter
NH-2 Anne Kuster
NJ-11 Bonnie Watson Coleman
NY-1 Tim Bishop
NY-12 Carolyn Maloney
NY-15 Jose Serrano
NY-17 Nita Lowey
NY-18 Sean Maloney
NY-2 Pete King
NY-24 Dan Maffei
NY-3 Steve Israel
NY-4 Kathleen Rice
PA-2 Chaka Fattah
PA-7 Pat Meehan
PA-8 Mike Fitzpatrick
PA-13 Brendan Boyle
RI-1 David Cicilline
RI-2 James Langevin
VA-11 Gerry Connolly
VA-3 Bobby Scott
VA-8 Don Beyer
VA-10 John Foust
WA-1 Suzan Del Bene
WI-4 Gwen Moore

US Senate Candidates
State First Last
CO Mark Udall
DE Chris Coons
HI Brian Schatz
IA Bruce Braley
IL Dick Durbin
LA Mary Landrieu
MA Ed Markey
ME Susan Collins
MI Gary Peters
MN Al Franken
NC Kay Hagan
NH Jeanne Shaheen
NJ Cory Booker
NM Tom Udall
OR Jeff Merkley
RI Jack Reed
VA Mark Warner

About Everytown for Gun Safety

Everytown for Gun Safety is a movement of Americans fighting for common-sense policies that will reduce gun violence and save lives.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:22:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because we already fell.

nevermind the fact that the GOP has actively targeted tea party members in order to try to prevent them from gaining office.  either they don't back them, or they change the rules to make their ascension more difficult.  the GOP does not want tea party members gaining traction, because they don't want fiscal responsibility to be a thing.

your post is another GOP or nothing post.  The only way to make the GOP take notice of the fact that they are losing support is to make them move to get it back.  That's the use of the libertarian party.  It will make them shift their focus, or they won't be able to get in office as easily.  It's that simple.  It helps break the tie between the GOP and the dems, and makes being able to collude more difficult because they have more pressure to perform, not just say "we tried and failed."
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:37:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

nevermind the fact that the GOP has actively targeted tea party members in order to try to prevent them from gaining office.  either they don't back them, or they change the rules to make their ascension more difficult.  the GOP does not want tea party members gaining traction, because they don't want fiscal responsibility to be a thing.

your post is another GOP or nothing post.  The only way to make the GOP take notice of the fact that they are losing support is to make them move to get it back.  That's the use of the libertarian party.  It will make them shift their focus, or they won't be able to get in office as easily.  It's that simple.  It helps break the tie between the GOP and the dems, and makes being able to collude more difficult because they have more pressure to perform, not just say "we tried and failed."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because we already fell.

It's an internal power struggle.  Which set gets to use the name and all that.  They're more focused on keeping in power than they are on serving their customers, so they're losing races they should win.  Call me crazy, but a party not concerned with getting or keeping power, but with keeping power FROM people like that sounds pretty decent right now.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:46:47 PM EDT
[#34]
I will not vote for evil, either of the lesser or the greater kind.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:07:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except a carbon tax .

Who would enforce a miles-driven tax as the Libertarian spoiler in the VA race wanted?  The government.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:08:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I will not vote for evil, either of the lesser or the greater kind.
View Quote

Half the country including half of independents would never vote for abortionists, open borders, militant atheists, water carriers for the ghey mafia or cutting national defense 50%. Can't blame you for not voting Green, Libertarian or democrat parties. EVIL progressive fucktards.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:21:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Fucking horseshit.  

View Quote

Good post, but I think you got some things wrong.

As a conservative, my guide is the Constitution, and I believe in small, limited government. That means a couple of things:
1) The government does NOT have the authority under the constitution to ban drugs, and in addition to the War on Drugs being ineffective, it costs a lot of money for negligible gains, and has greatly increased the size and scope of government.  As a limited government constitutional conservative, I strongly oppose this (and have never even tried any drugs).
2) Why is the government regulating a religious institution in the first place?  It would be just as bizarre if the government started regulating baptisms.  The government has no place to do this.  We can help stop this problem by removing the legal and tax benefits of marriage.  We should not allow government social engineering.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:21:27 PM EDT
[#38]
I think every one in DC needs a good old fashion ass kicking.

ass kicking:
To be beaten senseless because you God damn definitely deserve it.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:22:12 PM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/LgmvCLd.jpg

You can thank him for the 5-4 Heller and MacDonald decisions that were landmark victories for the 2nd Amendment.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:10:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Except a carbon tax .

Who would enforce a miles-driven tax as the Libertarian spoiler in the VA race wanted?  The government.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except a carbon tax .

I'm not gonna defend that particular position because I think it was bullshit.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:19:18 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

LOL.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I keep telling you, Libertarianism is a greater threat to America than Communism. Libertarians will be the death of us all!
LOL.  

Well, reducing the inertia of the clusterfuck of stolen and printed money that the R's and D's have implemented would tank the fuck out of our economy.... so, while sensationalist and possibly sarcastic, he's right.

If libertarians swept into power and started cutting budgets, culling departments, and letting states run shit thousands of big money fellas, corporatist, statists, etc. would fling themselves off of buildings.

The horror of not being able to create state sanctioned monopolies and lobby for regulations to block entry to new competition. OH THE HUGE MANATEE!!!

So that's the real fear. Actually having to produce for yourself. Fend for yourself. Allow others the liberties they are due. Allow others to like things you don't like.

When asked the question, most people will say they embrace liberty. While in actual life they fucking hate it. We are a bunch of jealous, nosy, control freaks. Our way or the high way. Highly emotionally invested in maintaining the illusion that our way of doing and believing is superior.

So enjoy the latest episode of G.I. Joe.

Blue lasers vs Red lasers.

Knowing you are getting fucked is half the battle.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:33:36 PM EDT
[#42]
lol

fuck it.

i used to vote R every election until i realized they went so far off the deep end.  they no longer push for smaller govt and often vote alongside democrats anyway.  they are polar opposites aimed atthe same agenda of big govt to decide whats best for my life.  fuck that.  im good.

i will be voting libertarian from now on until it all collapses. its over anyway.  we are fucked beyond any repair thanks to this left and right BS.

lets just get it over with while im still young and healthy.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:39:02 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Fucking horseshit.  

View Quote

2008 Candidate, McCain, voted in lock step with Obama and the Democrats to ban guns.

2012 Candidate, Romney, actually fucking signed an assault weapon ban.

Yes. The GOP has stellar fucking taste in candidates and is beyond reproach.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:56:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I dont see how it could be a bad thing to make him veto repeal every week until the cows come home. Can you?
View Quote

Not a bad thing at all..........but it would still exist.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:22:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It might exist but if it's not funded it won't do much harm.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:28:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

2008 Candidate, McCain, voted in lock step with Obama and the Democrats to ban guns.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking horseshit.  

You are correct.  ARFCOMers are very selective in their memory of the anti gun stance of any Republicans that they voted for.

For instance, the AWB passed with Republican support.  If I remember the numbers correctly 53 of the nitwits voted for it.

Bush supported DC in Heller and said he would sign another AWB if it came to his desk.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:30:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:48:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's always a chance that in his rush to get to the links he might think he heard Valerie Jarrett say, "Sign this." when she actually told him, "Veto this."
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:25:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

You are correct.  ARFCOMers are very selective in their memory of the anti gun stance of any Republicans that they voted for.

For instance, the AWB passed with Republican support.  If I remember the numbers correctly 53 of the nitwits voted for it.

Bush supported DC in Heller and said he would sign another AWB if it came to his desk.

View Quote

The democrats are the MAIN DRIVER of gun control.

The republicans are the MAIN DRIVER of gun rights.

Without republicans there would be no 2A unless you were in a well regulated militia, which the democrats say is a government agency anyways.

There have been a few pro gun democrats over the years also...........so do you call them the party of pro gun ideologies?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:25:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

There's always a chance that in his rush to get to the links he might think he heard Valerie Jarrett say, "Sign this." when she actually told him, "Veto this."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top