Link Posted: 10/29/2014 2:17:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 2:24:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 2:28:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The libertarians want to send a message to republicans.

they have.

"we're idiots"
View Quote

And you're a slave.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 2:32:50 PM EDT
[#4]
The two parties are not identical, as the gun vote chart shows. However, this is undeniable:

The Democrats are the party of Enormous, All-Encompassing Government.
The Republicans are the party of slightly less Enormous, All-Encompassing Government.

I will typically vote for the latter. I would love a real choice, more in line with my beliefs.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 2:39:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

And you're a slave.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

they have.

"we're idiots"

And you're a slave.

FREE ME RON PAUL!! YOU'RE OUR ONLY HOPE!!!!

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 2:51:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The two parties are not identical, as the gun vote chart shows. However, this is undeniable:

The Democrats are the party of Enormous, All-Encompassing Government.
The Republicans are the party of slightly less Enormous, All-Encompassing Government.

I will typically vote for the latter. I would love a real choice, more in line with my beliefs.
View Quote

There are a few fringe differences between the parties like Gun Control, and Social Issues, but they are nearly identical when it comes to spending, big government and liberty. It was a Rupublican President who signed the Patriot Act, and expaneded Government reach via the DHS, NSA, and the other alphabet agencies.

“If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it.”

? Mark Twain
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 2:53:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
By not falling in line and supporting the Libertarians.

I know.  You're going to say that's not so, but it really is.  Look at the facts:

The GOP and the DNC are far closer to each other than either is to the LP's platform.  They agreed to fund Obamacare, Ban Machineguns, Raise the debt ceiling, Debase the currency, Bail out the banking industry, keep us involved in wars overseas with no economic or political gain possible from them, maintain the drug war, and generally run the country however their donors (which often donate to both parties) bribe them to run it.

In agreeing on so many things, they're essentially working together and pretending to hate each other so folks think there's still a meaningful choice.  

They even simplified it down to just colors Red and Blue.  In a lot of ways, the color is the biggest difference between them.  

So if you're thinking of wasting your vote on a Republican, keep in mind that you're actually helping the Democrats beat the LP.  We all know the GOP won't be able to keep from taking it in the ass by giving the Dems the ammo to bukake them into oblivion again, so why waste the vote?

Vote for a party that actually DOESN'T want to run your life or take half your  cash.  All you have to do is be willing to pass that level of freedom onto your neighbors even if you dislike what they'll do with it.  

Think about that for a second.  How important is it to keep those damn queers from getting married in your state?  Is it worth the taxes you'll pay under the Demicans?  

View Quote

Excellent post sir.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 2:58:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The Libertarian party used to be Republicans angry at the direction the Republican party has taken, now it's composed of Democrats that want to support the Democratic party and Democratic candidates but don't want to be associated with their authoritarian policies. They're a bunch of academics that want to sit around and be fashionable with their leftist friends instead of winning. All the Libertarians that want to win have become active in the Republican party over the last six years or so.

The Libertarian governor candidate in VA wanted a carbon tax and a miles-driven tax, and all he talked about during the entire campaign was how bad the Republican candidate was for being a social conservative.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The Libertarian party used to be Republicans angry at the direction the Republican party has taken, now it's composed of Democrats that want to support the Democratic party and Democratic candidates but don't want to be associated with their authoritarian policies. They're a bunch of academics that want to sit around and be fashionable with their leftist friends instead of winning. All the Libertarians that want to win have become active in the Republican party over the last six years or so.

Quoted:
Think about that for a second.  How important is it to keep those damn queers from getting married in your state?  Is it worth the taxes you'll pay under the Demicans?  

The Libertarian governor candidate in VA wanted a carbon tax and a miles-driven tax, and all he talked about during the entire campaign was how bad the Republican candidate was for being a social conservative.

Would you rather have to pay for polluting or be thrown in jail for getting a hummer from the wife?  

I didn't agree with his stance on carbon taxes, but the idea of paying the owner of property that you pollute if you want him to keep letting you do so is as old as common law.  So is persecuting people for having sex differently than you, but I'm more willing to pay to pollute than I am to go to jail for having oral sex.  Either way though, if I dump on my neighbor's property, he has the right to tell me to stop and if we can come up with a number, I might be able to purchase dumping rights on his property.  That's how Libertarians deal with pollution. Through the market.

What really gets me is that the Goppers here seem to be incapable of letting go of  the BJ issue.  It's like they're obsessed with the whole thing and never admitting that they nominated a guy that had the chance to keep the law for use against child abusers by modifying it to exempt consenting adults, but chose NOT to do so.  
Just like Cuccinelli seemed to be obsessed with banning it oral sex.  Deal with it.  He was a shitty candidate.  The fact that so many GOP voters refused to vote for a decent (albeit imperfect) candidate from the LP was what handed the election to the buttfucking democrats.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 3:01:38 PM EDT
[#9]
The thing is we don't want what the new "republican party" is selling these days. It's lost. Ruin. The ones that actually sound different than the libtards are cast aside in the media before the primary even starts. And we get the douche bags that are essentially Democrat Lite. The letter by their name these days could be a D or an R and if I had my eyes closed I couldn't tell two shits difference. The republicans are losing the elections these days because they're not running candidates that offer contrast to the ones they're running against. The future of this country can no longer be won by the lesser of two evils. We can keep going the way it's headed and revolt or get some people in who will actually abide the general principals of a free society. Those are the only two paths you have other than the one were on.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 3:03:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Want proof?  

If the GOP gets both houses of the legislature I'm betting the debt ceiling stays where it is or goes up.  

I'm also betting they keep funding Obamacare.

I hope I'm wrong but I'll be surprised as fuck if I am.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 3:06:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 3:08:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 3:15:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It is--and should have been locked.  I didn't do it because I didn't want to listen to the screeching about me stifling their "freedom of speech."

Edit:  Here's the rule:  8) Posting repeat topics with similar or slightly varying titles. While it may seem to be funny, the "spamming" of the community in this manner results in problems for users and management. (Multiple topics on important issues or discussions are acceptable, this only applies to topics which waste resources for no other reason except personal enjoyment or humor.)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The thread sounds a lot like another thread on the same issue...

It is--and should have been locked.  I didn't do it because I didn't want to listen to the screeching about me stifling their "freedom of speech."

Edit:  Here's the rule:  8) Posting repeat topics with similar or slightly varying titles. While it may seem to be funny, the "spamming" of the community in this manner results in problems for users and management. (Multiple topics on important issues or discussions are acceptable, this only applies to topics which waste resources for no other reason except personal enjoyment or humor.)

It's a serious thread intended to cause folks to look at the issue from the opposite perspective if just for a moment.    I appreciate your decision to  not lock it, especially given your feelings on the matter in past threads.  

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 3:31:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

so what you are saying is that republicans should vote for the libertarian candidate?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

they have.

"we're idiots"
I will burn down the house rather than settle for 70 percent of what I want

That match strikes both ways.

so what you are saying is that republicans should vote for the libertarian candidate?

It would get you 70% of what you want, right?  Would that be better than having a Dem sitting in the office?
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 3:32:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
What is a Liberaltarian anyway? A Democrat with a gun?
View Quote

More like a Republican with a much smaller government.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 3:34:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And a much deeper hatred of taxation and regulation.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 3:39:55 PM EDT
[#17]
America is a centrist country. Both parties leaned heavily centrist from most of the 20th century, that how Presidents with opposing Congresses were still able to get stuff done.

Now we have a hyper-partisan divided government that isn't doing what the majority (who are still centrist) want them to do.  

We have the lunatic fringe on both sides pulling in different directions and withholding their vote if their un-electable lunatic fringe candidate doesn't get on the ballot.

Politics are a team sport, if your loser un-electable team doesn't win, you join the team that is closest to your losing team's values and vote with them.

GD is full of fucking morons.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 3:43:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 3:45:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yeah, D's and R's are just alike.  

Just look at the 2013 gun vote.

Oh, wait.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_Ztxm0pSQQo/UXAJK0XznkI/AAAAAAAACCU/k0JchEvIiPE/s1600/senate+yes+and+no+votes+on+gun+control.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The GOP and the DNC are far closer to each other than either is to the LP's platform.  

Yeah, D's and R's are just alike.  

Just look at the 2013 gun vote.

Oh, wait.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_Ztxm0pSQQo/UXAJK0XznkI/AAAAAAAACCU/k0JchEvIiPE/s1600/senate+yes+and+no+votes+on+gun+control.png

Note that of the handful of Republicans voting yes, one is a former candidate for President that people were called traitors for not voting for.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 3:45:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You hate freedom, don't you?  I can tell.  

*Head moron checking in!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
American is a centrist country. Both parties leaned heavily centrist from most of the 20th century, that how Presidents with opposing Congresses were still able to get stuff done.

Now we have a hyper-partisan divided government that isn't doing what the majority (who are still centrist) want them to do.  

We have the lunatic fringe on both sides pulling in different directions and withholding their vote if their un-electable lunatic fringe candidate doesn't get on the ballot.

Politics are a team sport, if your loser un-electable team doesn't win, you join the team that is closest to your losing team's values and vote with them.

You hate freedom, don't you?  I can tell.  

*Head moron checking in!  

Hate it!
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 4:09:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
America is a centrist country. Both parties leaned heavily centrist from most of the 20th century, that how Presidents with opposing Congresses were still able to get stuff done.

View Quote

Morons that for some reason, accept the winner take all model as an article of faith.  

FUCK being the "loyal opposition" while the disloyal majority is robbing you blind and ass fucking the Constitution.  Keep fighting.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 4:21:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

They even simplified it down to just colors Red and Blue.

View Quote

That's not an indicator that the ever-malevolent "THEY"   ™ has "simplified" our political system. It just makes sense. It'd be kinda hard to look at a national electoral results map and determine anything of value if every state was the same color.

Even if you made DFL and GOP-controlled states boring gray on a map and aalllllll the Libertarian ones bright shiny gold, it'd still be pretty hard to read, wouldn't it?
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 4:31:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Morons that for some reason, accept the winner take all model as an article of faith.  

FUCK being the "loyal opposition" while the disloyal majority is robbing you blind and ass fucking the Constitution.  Keep fighting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If we could only concentrate power in the hands of a few who are superior....hey wait..!
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 4:34:11 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

You said that MUCH better than I've ever been able to manage.  Good!  Hopefully some will take it to heart and see the lefties here for what they are.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You said that MUCH better than I've ever been able to manage.  Good!  Hopefully some will take it to heart and see the lefties here for what they are.  

That's why he took more votes away from the D than from the R.

The stupidity of basing a grievance against Libertarians on the myth that the Libertarian cost Cooch the race is mind-boggling.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 4:40:42 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Most of the libertarians I heard from said they would rather have a Dem. in office than a Rep.
View Quote
in AK, the Democrat and Libertarian candidates are teaming up to fell the Rep governer.  Looking like they'll lose

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 4:44:05 PM EDT
[#26]
The Libertarian Party would probably do a lot better if their candidates weren't so often batshit fucking insane. Even when I was a (small l) libertarian the people who actually ran for office under that party were all like .
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 6:00:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

If we could only concentrate power in the hands of a few who are superior....hey wait..!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Finally!  A Republican being honest about their aims.  That's refreshing.  Of course Libertarians want precisely the opposite of that, so they tend to vote for LESS power concentrated in the hands of government.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 6:02:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The stupidity of basing a grievance against Libertarians on the myth that the Libertarian cost Cooch the race is mind-boggling.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty straight forward.  It's just like Zero blaming all HIS failures on Bush......  Only it's even less credible because as they love to point out, there aren't many Libertarians in office around the country........Yet.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 6:32:44 PM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 6:51:33 PM EDT
[#30]

True.  Power corrupts.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:02:41 PM EDT
[#31]
But I like simple decisions like red and blue.

That other stuff gives me thinky pain.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:05:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

9 times out of 10 its someone who just wants weed to be legalized.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:06:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I am eternally grateful that Jefferson, Franklin, Adams, et al did not think that way.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am eternally grateful that Jefferson, Franklin, Adams, et al did not think that way.

They sure as fuck did. They took up arms against the sovereign that god set over them. They burned the whole mother fucking thing down so they could set up their own thing.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:09:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

They sure as fuck did. They took up arms against the sovereign that god set over them. They burned the whole mother fucking thing down so they could set up their own thing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't win freedom by submitting to the powerful.  It's always been true.  You win freedom by being free and more determined than those that want to control you.  You take freedom.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:10:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Libertarians are simply shills for the Dem's far left aims. No better than anarchists IMHO.

So OP who was Sarvis shilling for here in Virginia when he took money from that Dem multi-millionaire in Texas to get on the ballot. Any port in a storm I guess.

A vote for a Libertarian is a vote for the extreme left of the Dem party. Don't be a sucker.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:13:54 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Libertarians are simply shills for the Dem's far left aims. No better than anarchists IMHO.

So OP who was Sarvis shilling for here in Virginia when he took money from that Dem multi-millionaire in Texas to get on the ballot. Any port in a storm I guess.

A vote for a Libertarian is a vote for the extreme left of the Dem party. Don't be a sucker.
View Quote

lol

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:13:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Finally!  A Republican being honest about their aims.  That's refreshing.  Of course Libertarians want precisely the opposite of that, so they tend to vote for LESS power concentrated in the hands of government.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not advocating going against the will of the majority vote, that my fellow is you.  GD Libertarians have a level of narcism that rivals liberals.  That is the road to dictatorship.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:20:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

You don't win freedom by submitting to the powerful.  It's always been true.  You win freedom by being free and more determined than those that want to control you.  You take freedom.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you ever consider that what you're selling is not freedom and that's why so many reject it?
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:35:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:47:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I see you missed it too.  No matter, just keep throwing out gratuitous profanity... that seems to go a long way here for some reason.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see you missed it too.  No matter, just keep throwing out gratuitous profanity... that seems to go a long way here for some reason.

I wish people would actual read history once; Franklin actually was initially against the radical faction and offer numerous olive branches to the Crown.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:52:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

You kinda missed the whole point of this thread.  The way the GOP has been driving voters into the Democratspocket, it's THEM who are working for the bad guy.  Shit.  Look at the tard they're running for governor down here now.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:55:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'm not advocating going against the will of the majority vote, that my fellow is you.  GD Libertarians have a level of narcism that rivals liberals.  That is the road to dictatorship.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So we're narcissisticf or wanting to leave people alone, and the GOP isn't, because they're o.k. running folks'lives.  I think your definition needs an update.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:57:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Did you ever consider that what you're selling is not freedom and that's why so many reject it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What I'm selling is less tyranny.  Pure and simple.  It's not for everybody.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:57:39 PM EDT
[#44]

Any third party just takes votes away from Republicans.  No democrat has an open mind.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:57:47 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

"Sigh"
View Quote
at least its an upgrade from "well ill just take my ball and go home" argument that is normally given

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:01:02 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Cause yeah.  The  Democans aren't fucking it up at ALL.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

LoL

3rd party people are not going to save the Republic, they're helping to sink it.

Cause yeah.  The  Democans aren't fucking it up at ALL.  
if you took Reagan's advice on the subject we might not have democans....
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:05:19 PM EDT
[#47]
So the OP wants drugs legalized.
What the hell, why not be high as the country goes under
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:09:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Yesterday, Senator Mitch McConnell (R-KY) said he won't move to repeal Obamacare if Republicans win a majority this year.

In a Fox News interview, McConnell was asked if he'd push for "getting rid of the Affordable Care Act" as Majority Leader.

"It would take 60 votes in the Senate. Nobody thinks we're going to have 60 Republicans," McConnell said. "And it would take a president – presidential signature. No one thinks we're going to get that."
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:11:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

...and supportive of individual liberty
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:14:29 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Note that of the handful of Republicans voting yes, one is a former candidate for President that people were called traitors for not voting for.
View Quote
Incredibly good point. And notice how it's been completely ignored by those same people, on a gun board no less, that generally proclaim that the 2A is one of their primary concerns.

I said it in the other thread and I'll say it again here. It's going to be my defacto post anytime these threads come along:

Chess not checkers they say! The GOP is playing chess alright, too bad their useful idiots don't realize they are the pawns. They're simply the GOP's version of the occupy wallstreet tards. Out doing the shilling for thier masters with the mistaken belief that they have the same goals.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top