Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 10/29/2014 9:36:49 AM EDT
By not falling in line and supporting the Libertarians.

I know.  You're going to say that's not so, but it really is.  Look at the facts:

The GOP and the DNC are far closer to each other than either is to the LP's platform.  They agreed to fund Obamacare, Ban Machineguns, Raise the debt ceiling, Debase the currency, Bail out the banking industry, keep us involved in wars overseas with no economic or political gain possible from them, maintain the drug war, and generally run the country however their donors (which often donate to both parties) bribe them to run it.

In agreeing on so many things, they're essentially working together and pretending to hate each other so folks think there's still a meaningful choice.  

They even simplified it down to just colors Red and Blue.  In a lot of ways, the color is the biggest difference between them.  

So if you're thinking of wasting your vote on a Republican, keep in mind that you're actually helping the Democrats beat the LP.  We all know the GOP won't be able to keep from taking it in the ass by giving the Dems the ammo to bukake them into oblivion again, so why waste the vote?

Vote for a party that actually DOESN'T want to run your life or take half your  cash.  All you have to do is be willing to pass that level of freedom onto your neighbors even if you dislike what they'll do with it.  

Think about that for a second.  How important is it to keep those damn queers from getting married in your state?  Is it worth the taxes you'll pay under the Demicans?  

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:38:17 AM EDT
[#1]
"Sigh"
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:40:03 AM EDT
[#2]
The "independent republican" candidate for SC Govenor, Tom Ervin, just dropped from the race and threw his support behind the Dem.  Go figure.....
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:42:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:44:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Your logic falls right in line with GD
Quoted:

I know.  You're going to say that's not so, but it really is.  Look at the facts:

The GOP and the DNC are far closer to each other than either is to the LP's platform.  They agreed to fund Obamacare, Ban Machineguns, Raise the debt ceiling, Debase the currency, Bail out the banking industry, keep us involved in wars overseas with no economic or political gain possible from them, maintain the drug war, and generally run the country however their donors (which often donate to both parties) bribe them to run it.

In agreeing on so many things, they're essentially working together and pretending to hate each other so folks think there's still a meaningful choice.  

They even simplified it down to just colors Red and Blue.  In a lot of ways, the color is the biggest difference between them.  

So if you're thinking of wasting your vote on a Republican, keep in mind that you're actually helping the Democrats beat the LP.  We all know the GOP won't be able to keep from taking it in the ass by giving the Dems the ammo to bukake them into oblivion again, so why waste the vote?

Vote for a party that actually DOESN'T want to run your life or take half your  cash.  All you have to do is be willing to pass that level of freedom onto your neighbors even if you dislike what they'll do with it.  

Think about that for a second.  How important is it to keep those damn queers from getting married in your state?  Is it worth the taxes you'll pay under the Demicans?  

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:44:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't think the Repubs should necessarily support the Libertarians but they shouldn't act like Dem-Lite either.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:46:33 AM EDT
[#6]
The libertarians want to send a message to republicans.

they have.

"we're idiots"
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:47:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:59:18 AM EDT
[#8]
I can't argue with OP.  It's the damn truth. But, I voted R all the way down yesterday. Why?  I have no choice. If the democrats keep winning there won't ever be a place for a libertarian party. We have to change the Republican Party from within. How?  Fuck if I know because all they care about are lobbyists.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:08:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I like that cartoon.    Shows em for what they are.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:10:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Nope.

The actual practices and actions of many (most?) of the elected GOP officials probably do fit that mold, sadly, but not the actual platforms. The GOP and Dem platforms couldn't be more different.

IMHO the problem with the GOP is not the platform, it is the failure of many of their candidates to remember and adhere to it once elected.

I sincerely wish I had a solution for that... but I do know that voting "L" is not the answer.

(And yes, I saw the other thread you are spoofing here.  I just thought I'd offer an honest reply to your OP before the usual poo-throwing commences. )
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
... The GOP and the DNC are far closer to each other than either is to the LP's platform...

Nope.

The actual practices and actions of many (most?) of the elected GOP officials probably do fit that mold, sadly, but not the actual platforms. The GOP and Dem platforms couldn't be more different.

IMHO the problem with the GOP is not the platform, it is the failure of many of their candidates to remember and adhere to it once elected.

I sincerely wish I had a solution for that... but I do know that voting "L" is not the answer.

(And yes, I saw the other thread you are spoofing here.  I just thought I'd offer an honest reply to your OP before the usual poo-throwing commences. )

If that's true, what's more important to you?  What they say, or what they do?
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:13:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I can't argue with OP.  It's the damn truth. But, I voted R all the way down yesterday. Why?  I have no choice. If the democrats keep winning there won't ever be a place for a libertarian party. We have to change the Republican Party from within. How?  Fuck if I know because all they care about are lobbyists.
View Quote

I don't think that's so.

Whichever party wins, folks are getting tired of being ruled and robbed by Big Brother Inc.  

That frustration and desire to see it change has been growing a lot under Zero and his GOP yes men on the hill.  The more they swing at each other like two retards in a slap fight, the more the rest of America sees them for what they are, and the more people start to lean libertarian.  

Eventually,  one or both of the big parties will start moving that direction to capture market share (win for libertarians) or they'll fall on their swords and the LP (or another similar party) will pick up those voters.

Either way, voting for what you want is probably still the best idea.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:21:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good reasoning

The repubs need to stay in office longer than 4-8 years to implement plans and form a new base.  The voter need to support repubs longer than 4-8 years.  At this time we swing from R to D and back again.  We are going back to R, let's keep it that way for 20 years. Then we can pass National CCW
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:26:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

they have.

"we're idiots"
View Quote
I will burn down the house rather than settle for 70 percent of what I want
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:35:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:36:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

they have.

"we're idiots"

Repeat after me.

It is not my customers' (voters) fault  if I have a shitty platform and field shitty candidates.    It is MY fault if I lose an election by offering taxes and authoritarianism to people who want freedom.

Now go write it on the white boards at GOP HQ a thousand times.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:37:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:41:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

What they do, of course.  (Same as with the Dems, Libs, or anyone else.)

But I know what the Dems will do on the national stage, and that is worse than what even the worst RINOs will do in most cases... and at least there is a hope that we can push the GOPers to do the right things (or better things) over time, with no such hope for the Dems.

I also know what the Big-L Libertarians will do on the national stage.  Lose elections.  And sometimes (certainly not always, I'm not one of "those") help the Dems to win.

FTR, I think the libertarian-leaning wing of the GOP and Libertarian RINOs (like Ron Paul) have hurt the GOP far more from within than the official Libertarian Party and its candidates have from without... but, sadly, not nearly as much as our own unfaithful RINOs who have behaved like Dem-Lite and cast that shadow over the entire party.

I am a lifelong Republican, involved at the local and state level and vocal about national issues, who has lost faith in my party as a whole.  Absent major change/improvement, we will fade away or become something unrecognizable.  The platform still represents me/my interests/my priorities far more than any other party or group but, regretfully, I can no longer say that of the vast majority of those elected under that banner.  

I feel like the proverbial man without a country.  The Libertarian Party is not the refuge that I seek, personally, but I certainly understand why so many other former Republicans (esp. those far less socially conservative than I) are drawn to it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If that's true, what's more important to you?  What they say, or what they do?

What they do, of course.  (Same as with the Dems, Libs, or anyone else.)

But I know what the Dems will do on the national stage, and that is worse than what even the worst RINOs will do in most cases... and at least there is a hope that we can push the GOPers to do the right things (or better things) over time, with no such hope for the Dems.

I also know what the Big-L Libertarians will do on the national stage.  Lose elections.  And sometimes (certainly not always, I'm not one of "those") help the Dems to win.

FTR, I think the libertarian-leaning wing of the GOP and Libertarian RINOs (like Ron Paul) have hurt the GOP far more from within than the official Libertarian Party and its candidates have from without... but, sadly, not nearly as much as our own unfaithful RINOs who have behaved like Dem-Lite and cast that shadow over the entire party.

I am a lifelong Republican, involved at the local and state level and vocal about national issues, who has lost faith in my party as a whole.  Absent major change/improvement, we will fade away or become something unrecognizable.  The platform still represents me/my interests/my priorities far more than any other party or group but, regretfully, I can no longer say that of the vast majority of those elected under that banner.  

I feel like the proverbial man without a country.  The Libertarian Party is not the refuge that I seek, personally, but I certainly understand why so many other former Republicans (esp. those far less socially conservative than I) are drawn to it.

I share your feeling of political homelessness.  I don't particularly like the LP as a party.  It's too idealistic for my tastes, but I honestly can't stomach the GOP any more.  They've become as progressive as the Democrats and have gotten worse in terms of their authoritarian side.  As a free market capitalist  and civil liberties advocate, I can't stomach the Democrats either.  What I'm left with is the LP, so imperfect as it is, it's where I'll put my support.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:47:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The "independent republican" candidate for SC Govenor, Tom Ervin, just dropped from the race and threw his support behind the Dem.  Go figure.....
View Quote

Motherfucker.  Plants and moles.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:50:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.  Republicans, shilling for the damn democrats.  

IIRC there was a recent case where a local GOP supported the Democrat candidate openly rather than a Tea Party candidate.  Someone help me out here.  Which one was it?
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:52:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:57:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The LP convinces me more and more every time they pull something like this that that is just what they are: plants and moles. The actions of Sarvis here in VA has made me lean back towards the GOP as distasteful as that is. I feel more and more like the LP is just a front. Which is to bad because I could really support them as I agree with much of what they suppose themselves to be about.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:03:42 AM EDT
[#22]
The sooner we all realize that this country is ruled by one party with two different factions the better we will be.

They (the power elite) use the Republican vs. Democrat circus show to distract us and make us think we have a choice in effecting change by "voting" out one or the other.......and the majority of Americans just play along....

What is the definition of insanity?

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:11:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The sooner we all realize that this country is ruled by one party with two different factions the better we will be.

They (the power elite) use the Republican vs. Democrat circus show to distract us and make us think we have a choice in effecting change by "voting" out one or the other.......and the majority of Americans just play along....

What is the definition of insanity?

View Quote

True, but it sounds a lot less tin foil hattish if you just say that smart money (The guys who have a lot because they're good at gaming the system) has already bribed (made sizable donations to) BOTH sides of the aisle and that it's a dirty rigged game that grows dirtier the bigger and older it gets.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:28:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Most of the libertarians I heard from said they would rather have a Dem. in office than a Rep.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:30:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

they have.

"we're idiots"

Yep.

"Marijuana should be legal so I will vote 3rd party in protest to help the Dem get elected and ensure higher taxes, larger government, anti-gun laws, and less freedom."

Note: This is coming from somebody who thinks marijuana should not be illegal.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:31:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The GOP and the DNC are far closer to each other than either is to the LP's platform.  
View Quote

Yeah, D's and R's are just alike.  

Just look at the 2013 gun vote.

Oh, wait.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:50:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Most of the libertarians I heard from said they would rather have a Dem. in office than a Rep.
View Quote

This..... I work in an office with a very vocal libertarian group.  They have open said they would vote for Wendy Davis to punish the Republicans.  

Libertarians are the fucking crossfit of political affiliations.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:54:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

For me it's 6 of one, half dozen of the other.  I honestly don't give a fuck between most of em any more.  

If they walked the walk on actually supporting market economics and gun rights I'd prefer a Republican.  

Since half the time they side with the goddamned Democrats on those, they're of no use to me.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:56:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Oh, wait.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_Ztxm0pSQQo/UXAJK0XznkI/AAAAAAAACCU/k0JchEvIiPE/s1600/senate+yes+and+no+votes+on+gun+control.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The GOP and the DNC are far closer to each other than either is to the LP's platform.  

Oh, wait.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_Ztxm0pSQQo/UXAJK0XznkI/AAAAAAAACCU/k0JchEvIiPE/s1600/senate+yes+and+no+votes+on+gun+control.png

They came reasonably close to being decent on that one.  

Too bad it's not the exception that proves the rule.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:58:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:59:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Damn, the dopey-derp is heavy here!  
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:12:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

This..... I work in an office with a very vocal libertarian group.  They have open said they would vote for Wendy Davis to punish the Republicans.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, this.

Libertarians are the hipsters of politics.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:16:27 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Oh, wait.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, wait.

Fuck Susan Collins . . . a fucking text book definition of RINO . I hope that cunt chokes on her Moxie

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:55:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

All true, But I've given up on the Rino Party.  It clearly doesn't honor the values that the Republican Party used to hold sacred.  The NEW Republican Party may as well be be called the Democratic LIGHT Party!   This year for the first time, I only voted for ONE Republican, John Mica. For the rest, I voted for a mix of  LPs, and a few of what I consider GOOD democrats, and just plain old write in candidates!   I WILL NOT support, or even tolerate, the new  RINO party!

As for the NEW Republican party, I'm voting with my feet! And my money!  
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:00:55 PM EDT
[#35]
I keep telling you, Libertarianism is a greater threat to America than Communism. Libertarians will be the death of us all!
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:19:28 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I keep telling you, Libertarianism is a greater threat to America than Communism. Libertarians will be the death of us all!
View Quote
LOL.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:25:49 PM EDT
[#37]

LoL

3rd party people are not going to save the Republic, they're helping to sink it.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:35:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, wait.

How did the libertarians vote?

Oh thats right.  They didn't.

But they sent a message to the republicans.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:37:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

LoL

3rd party people are not going to save the Republic, they're helping to sink it.

View Quote

Cause yeah.  The  Democans aren't fucking it up at ALL.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:40:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I am eternally grateful that Jefferson, Franklin, Adams, et al did not think that way.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am eternally grateful that Jefferson, Franklin, Adams, et al did not think that way.

That perception works both ways.

Republicans could easily dominate American politics and get 70%+ of what they want.

Instead they burn the house down because they can't let go of the idea that the coercive power of government is a weapon they can use in the culture war.

I certainly don't feel like I'm getting 70% of what I want from the GOP either.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:44:13 PM EDT
[#41]
The Libertarian party used to be Republicans angry at the direction the Republican party has taken, now it's composed of Democrats that want to support the Democratic party and Democratic candidates but don't want to be associated with their authoritarian policies. They're a bunch of academics that want to sit around and be fashionable with their leftist friends instead of winning. All the Libertarians that want to win have become active in the Republican party over the last six years or so.

Quoted:

View Quote

The Libertarian governor candidate in VA wanted a carbon tax and a miles-driven tax, and all he talked about during the entire campaign was how bad the Republican candidate was for being a social conservative.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:47:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Repeat after me.

It is not my customers' (voters) fault  if I have a shitty platform and field shitty candidates.    It is MY fault if I lose an election by offering taxes and authoritarianism to people who want freedom.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

they have.

"we're idiots"

Repeat after me.

The GOP sucks, the L party suck even more because they run candidates even worse.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:51:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So Jefferson, Franklin and Adams got 100 percent of what they wanted?  There are even classes in college on how their views often opposed one another.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:52:19 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

they have.

"we're idiots"
View Quote
And don't forget the "and we only nominate idiots for candidates" thing.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:52:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

So Jefferson, Franklin and Adams got 100 percent of what they wanted?  There are even classes in college on how their views often opposed one another.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is why we have 3 national symbols.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:54:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

they have.

"we're idiots"

That match strikes both ways.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:59:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 2:05:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 2:11:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

they have.

"we're idiots"

so what you are saying is that republicans should vote for the libertarian candidate?
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 2:14:48 PM EDT
[#50]
What is a Liberaltarian anyway? A Democrat with a gun?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top