Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 10/27/2014 2:31:32 PM EDT
Turns out she is all kinds of special. Whole lot of special.

She's an angry feminist.
A politically active Democrat Party Liberal from Maine.
A federal employee with the CDC.

No wonder the POTUS sought special privilege exemption, having Gov. Cuomo and Christie backpedaling from their quarantine rules for people returning from W. Africa.

Somebody with this many checkboxes checked shouldn't have to play be the rules of your average hoi polloi. Good on her for being able to call in the angry feminist, fed gov. employee, DNC minion markers to buck the rules. It's outrageous that she would be subjected to the same rules as our military personnel returning from W. Africa.

Of course the media cleaned it up a bit to have you believe she's your non-descript average person.

Edited to extract erroneous info

Angry Feminist seeks exemption from Ebola Quarantine
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 2:32:37 PM EDT
[#1]
The quarantine is not "draconian," it is a reasonable measure to protect Americans
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 2:34:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like something from a conservitive source...

**checks link**

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 2:36:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The quarantine is not "draconian," it is a reasonable measure to protect Americans
View Quote

Hey, I'm just referencing the wording of the Angry feminist nurse subjected to the quarantine. Are you denying her right to expressive verbiage? Fighting words....
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 2:38:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

**checks link**

View Quote

So the source will make her not a feminist federal employee who is a known Democratic political activist?
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 2:40:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I was  in a waiting room earlier this morning, and subjected to "The View"....and even though i was reading some John Ringo evil-killing goodness, the audio was on with Whoopie going on about the "Deplorable" conditions of her quarantine.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 2:40:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I heard her say she wants to get back to her family. I guess she doesn't care if she exposes them. That's love.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 2:43:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd hate to see anyone become stricken with ebola, but in this gal's case, I'd make an exception.

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 2:45:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I heard her say she wants to get back to her family. I guess she doesn't care if she exposes them. That's love.
View Quote

She passed a blood test. As well, she isn't showing any signs of having the disease.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 2:50:48 PM EDT
[#9]
if she ends up spreading Ebola   she will see a jail cell
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 2:51:47 PM EDT
[#10]
She's also a Ginger.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 2:52:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

She passed a blood test. As well, she isn't showing any signs of having the disease.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dr Spencer didn't show positive, or show signs of the disease, for a period after returning either.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 2:52:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So taking up to 21 days to show symptoms is false?
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 2:53:09 PM EDT
[#13]
What are the conditions, anyway?

I think she should be quarantined, but I'm not so sure about a tent. What are the conditions there? Does she get running water? Heat? I think a lot of us would be bitching without running water and heat, if that's the case. (Not sure if it is.) I'm not saying lift the quarantine, but make things a little more comfortable, if that's not happening yet.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 2:53:12 PM EDT
[#14]
That bitch better pray no one gets sick because of her...
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 2:53:51 PM EDT
[#15]
FPNI.  Rules are rules.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 2:54:03 PM EDT
[#16]
She threatened lawsuit to be allowed to go home.  Just another example of one person willing to do what ever it takes to get their way over the public good.  Simple arrogance is going to get all of us infected.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 2:56:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Dr Spencer didn't show positive, or show signs of the disease, for a period after returning either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Source about getting a blood test before going to the hospital? I know he self-monitored himself when he got home.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 2:57:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow. So knowing this, she STILL insists on being released? This is serious.

I wouldn't argue with her if she wants more comfortable conditions than what a tent can provide. But she needs to be quarantined.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 2:57:23 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ebola isn't detected in blood tests until after symptoms set in.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 2:58:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

So the source will make her not a lesbian federal employee who is a known Democratic political activist?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

**checks link**

So the source will make her not a lesbian federal employee who is a known Democratic political activist?

Her boyfriend's name is Theodore Wilbur, and he is 39 years old. Explain that one to your "source".
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 3:01:23 PM EDT
[#21]
The dirty little secret that's been scrubbed from the internet is that she works for the CDC, this has all been an exercise in making the quarantine states look bad and drp the restrictions...
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 3:01:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, she passed the blood test and she isn't showing any symptoms of the disease. What legal basis do they have for holding her?
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 3:02:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Her boyfriend's name is Theodore Wilbur, and he is 39 years old. Explain that one to your "source".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

**checks link**

Link?
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 3:03:52 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There was a recent University study that questions whether or not 21 days is long enough....but Obummer thinks 21 days id too long.

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 3:04:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

No she won't. That's the problem, there is no penalty for showing up and recklessly spreading a disease like this one.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 3:05:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Guilty
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 3:06:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Well, she passed the blood test and she isn't showing any symptoms of the disease. What legal basis do they have for holding her?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The fact that the standard of quarantine for Ebola is 21 days.

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 3:07:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Potential public health risk for a contagious disease.

Did you miss the part where the military are being automatically quarantined after returning to the U.S. from Ebola infected areas for 21 days? By the same administration applying leverage to have her discharged after returning from an Ebla infected area? We're talking double standards here...
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 3:07:51 PM EDT
[#29]
The dirty little secret that's been scrubbed from the internet is that she works for the CDC, this has all been an exercise in making the quarantine states look bad and drp the restrictions...
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 3:07:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Link?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

**checks link**

Link?

First google link is Wall Street Journal from 3 hrs ago, says "Ms. Hickox is expected to self-quarantine at a rental home she shares with her boyfriend in Fort Kent, Maine, a rural potato-farming community about three hours outside Bangor, the closest city, said Fort Kent Town Manager Donald Guimond."

Second google link is from NY Times, "Her boyfriend, Ted Wilbur, a nursing student in Fort Kent, Maine, said that Ms. Hickox, who is being kept in an isolation tent with a portable toilet, but no shower or television, had not planned on speaking to the news media but changed her mind after Mr. Christie said on Saturday that she was “obviously ill” when she knew she was not."
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 3:10:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are we really this stupid?
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 3:10:49 PM EDT
[#32]
wow
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 3:11:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Supposedly it takes 21-29 days for it to manifest itself.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 3:13:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, the standard is 21 days; however, it has been "self-quarantined" in the US. She was the first to be held without really showing the symptoms of having the disease. She originally had a high temperature; however, her temperature went back to normal.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 3:14:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Typhoid Mary Bullshit
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 3:14:55 PM EDT
[#36]

If she thinks it is bad now, just wait until the CDC black bags her and her entire family when she develops symptoms.

There will be drone strikes.....I mean unexplained gas explosions.  

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 3:16:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And, the disease isn't infectious until the person shows symptoms of the disease. She isn't Typhoid Mary.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 3:17:00 PM EDT
[#38]

I'm on her side...The quarantine is not the issue, but the conditions are....She has tested negative for the virus and is asymptomatic, which does not warrant putting her in an unheated tent in a parking lot with a porta potty. It doesn't even have a shower, based on what I've read..... An asymptomatic patient should be quarantined at home with 24/7 supervision/monitoring to ensure it is adhered to.

Sorry, but this was a purely political decision (the tent bullshit), rather than one based on medical fact or science. I’m curious, why isn't the staff currently treating the infected MD at Bellevue quarantined? After all, they are also in direct contact with Ebola.........It’s all Politics.........

Flame suit on!

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 3:17:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Good shoot.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 3:17:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Do you think the government has the authority to detain you against your will for 21 days, without due process?

Do you even 4th and 5th amendments, bro?
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 3:19:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

First google link is Wall Street Journal from 3 hrs ago, says "Ms. Hickox is expected to self-quarantine at a rental home she shares with her boyfriend in Fort Kent, Maine, a rural potato-farming community about three hours outside Bangor, the closest city, said Fort Kent Town Manager Donald Guimond."

Second google link is from NY Times, "Her boyfriend, Ted Wilbur, a nursing student in Fort Kent, Maine, said that Ms. Hickox, who is being kept in an isolation tent with a portable toilet, but no shower or television, had not planned on speaking to the news media but changed her mind after Mr. Christie said on Saturday that she was “obviously ill” when she knew she was not."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

**checks link**

Link?

OK. My bad. Went back and read the article. Bad reading, then presumption on my part. I'll withdraw the Lesbian part....
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 3:23:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Putting her in a tent in a hospital parking lot probably wasn't the smartest decision if they are concerned with appearances.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 4:06:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Putting her in a tent in a hospital parking lot probably wasn't the smartest decision if they are concerned with appearances.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely should have been quarantined, but I have mixed feelings on the tent bit.  On the one hand, I assumed the quarantine facilities were a quite a bit more substantial and First World-ish - like a real building with HVAC, electricity and running water, internet/tv, etc.  The quarantine time could have been spent writing her after-action reports and telecommuting.  On the other hand, what sort of accommodations did she have in W. Africa?

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 4:13:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Hey I think deadly force should be authorized for breaking quarantine, followed by flamethrower used on corpse......

Call me Capt Draconian
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 4:38:40 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Do you think the government has the authority to detain you against your will for 21 days, without due process?

Do you even 4th and 5th amendments, bro?
View Quote

I seem to remember guys who were drafted against their will. It was for two years, not 21 days, and sometime it was hazardous to their health.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 4:39:08 PM EDT
[#46]
waaaahhh cunt
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 5:06:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.  Just read that the virus can survive up to14 days on the average surface at room temp.  And it's present in sweat and saliva.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 5:07:51 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote
at the minimum.

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 5:07:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The incubation period.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 5:09:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

And, the disease isn't infectious until the person shows symptoms of the disease. She isn't Typhoid Mary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, people who have been exposed to the disease should be permitted to mix in with the population until we are absolutely certain they are contagious?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top