Weeks?  Don't you mean days?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get out and leave them to the Taliban.

How many weeks before we see the Taliban at Camp Leatherneck?

Weeks?  Don't you mean days?

It's a vicious circle , Russians nearly went broke fighting in this region.
The worst part is all the stuff we leave behind makes them better equipped for future engagements
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 7:07:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
3rd Group team?  

Also, this can be a CAS thread.

"Yet, the 180,00 Soldier Army cannot perform complex operations, such as close air support."

A bit Ironic, given the context.

View Quote

Funny how we make air support "complex" in a small war environment.

"Hey, you, can you find those guys to the north and kill them?"
"Yeah, sure, give me a second.  Can you put smoke on your position."
"popping green smoke."
"I have green smoke.  Roger, 800M to your north.  Got them.  Rolling in"
"kthxbai!"
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 7:20:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll be renamed Camp Goat Fucker within days.

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 7:38:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

"popping green smoke."
"kthxbai!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
3rd Group team?  

"Yet, the 180,00 Soldier Army cannot perform complex operations, such as close air support."

"popping green smoke."
"kthxbai!"

5th team.

What's messed up is that this is actually a follow up report to address the glaring inconsistencies within the Air Force report on the same incident. Reading between the lines the aircrew confused muzzle flashes and Infrared strobes. The Air Force found that the aircrew made no mistakes so the team issued a counter report that was a bit more honest than everyone expected. God Bless Em,  as the team leadership was fucked pretty solid by the aircrew report.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 7:58:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

5th team.

What's messed up is that this is actually a follow up report to address the glaring inconsistencies within the Air Force report on the same incident. Reading between the lines the aircrew confused muzzle flashes and Infrared strobes. The Air Force found that the aircrew made no mistakes so the team issued a counter report that was a bit more honest than everyone expected. God Bless Em,  as the team leadership was fucked pretty solid by the aircrew report.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
3rd Group team?  

"popping green smoke."
"kthxbai!"

5th team.

You can't expect a bunch of ignorant snake eaters to understand a plane like the -52.  And thats not meant as any disrespect.

Is there an open source link?
If not could you PM me the SIPR link?
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 8:09:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Camp Bastion closed its doors the other day. The marines turned camp leatherneck over to the Ana .
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 9:36:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Honest to fucking God, I'm so tired of hearing/reading this tripe I can't fucking stand it any more.

They died for us. We asked them to go.  We owe them our gratitude.  To say they died for nothing is to spit upon their sacrifice.  You should be ashamed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why are we fighting in Afghanistan now?  

We already got Bin Laden years ago.  He was the one responsible for 911.

Obama already said that his goal was not to get rid of the Taliban and that they should have a voice in the Afghanistan government.

If the end game was to assure that the Taliban would never have a country to operate out of to support Al Qaeda to attack America again then we have pretty much blown that mission, haven't we?

At best Afghanistan will fare no better than Iraq.  It will probably be worse and all those brave American that died over there will have died for nothing.  

Nowadays the US pretty well sucks at nation building, doesn't it?  I guess we forgot how to do it after Germany, Japan and Korea, huh?

Honest to fucking God, I'm so tired of hearing/reading this tripe I can't fucking stand it any more.

They died for us. We asked them to go.  We owe them our gratitude.  To say they died for nothing is to spit upon their sacrifice.  You should be ashamed.

Many American soldiers have died for nothing.

When I was in Vietnam we were told by the filthy ass politicians that we were fighting for democracy and America that if Vietnam fell then all of Asia would fall and  the Commies would be overrunning America in short time.  Guess what?  Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos all fell to the Communists but for some reason the Communists never made it to Polk County Florida where I lived.  They obviously got it wrong and 56,000 troops died for nothing, didn't they?  

Tell me what the 36,000 troops in Korea died for.

Tell me what the 4,000 troops that died in the invasion and occupation of Iraq died for seeing that Iraq had nothing to do with 911 and the faction that is taking over Iraq nowadays is worse than Saddam.

The 911 hijackers were mostly Saudi Arabians whose bosses lived in Afghanistan so it was the right mission to go after Bin Laden but 12 years later Bin Laden is dead and we are still fighting.  We don't really have a clear mission or goal and I think it is clear that once we leave the country it will revert back to what it was before we lost the first troop so what the hell was gained?.

Your point is that our troops bravely do their duty.  I get that.  We all agree on that.  My point is that the duty as commanded by confused, incompetent, correct and idiotic leaders have wasted the lives of the troops.  Two different things.  

If we are going to expend the lives of our precious sons and daughters in war we need to make sure that we do it to defend America and not for some stupid ass reasons that  quite often fails the dumbshit test.  

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 9:42:05 AM EDT
[#8]
What does one expect from unmotivated soldiers who have no loyalty to their (puppet) government?  They're there for the pay to support their families, not to fight.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:49:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Half hour after our last troop leaves.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:56:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top