Page / 7
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 8:16:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 8:35:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
<snip>
definite troll post now. anyway even if was the only place I've ever seen to have no kids with THAT wide of an age spread. the will have visitors for time to timee that you won't know about.
View Quote

It was a troll from the start. But it was a unique, well thought out troll.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 8:38:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

No.  He hooked a lot of fish so I would say it's a pretty good success rather than a poor attempt.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is a pretty poor attempt at trolling.  

No.  He hooked a lot of fish so I would say it's a pretty good success rather than a poor attempt.

It is a nice break from the "what is in the box/safe" threads or "someone knocked on my door".
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 8:39:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Is a 45-70 safe to shoot in the bathroom?

Say I see a Moose walk by the window....
View Quote

Anyplace I've hunted, rules are: anything within 200 yards of the house/cabin is a pet.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 8:41:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This is........GD
Anything is possible
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is a pretty poor attempt at trolling.  

This a fantastic attempt at trolling. Look at all the knuckle-draggers that believe OP would actually be idiotic enought to do this.

This is........GD
Anything is possible

That's what makes the thread work so well. That horrid fascination where part of you says "he can't be serious" and another part goes "but he sounds so earnest".
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 8:43:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Golf ball reactive targets, FTW!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is a good idea. Im gonna set up some targets on the golf course and shoot em from my apartment balcony! Thanks op!

Golf ball reactive targets, FTW!

Don't use a 41 mag on golf balls. The golf balls disappear, to be replaced by a scrap of white plastic and some coiled rubber bands.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 8:50:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I see nothing wrong with this.

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 8:53:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Obvious troll thread is obvious.
View Quote

God I hope so...  This idea is so fucking stupid it has to be a troll.  Lead exposure, noise, city laws, accidentally shooting a neighbor, accidental ND though a wall or ceiling.  What else did I miss?

I seriously doubt this Condo is out in the country.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 8:54:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

God I hope so...  This idea is so fucking stupid it has to be a troll.  Lead exposure, noise, city laws, accidentally shooting a neighbor, accidental ND though a wall or ceiling.  What else did I miss?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Obvious troll thread is obvious.

FIFY. Noise shouldn't be a problem with subsonic out of a rifle.
Or were you referring to noise from the resulting SWAT callout?
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 8:54:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Out this door:
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/pedorrero79/E2B7914B-1774-47A5-AADC-0F6672CF5944_zpsl9aioyie.jpg

Into these woods:
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/pedorrero79/0A9B2473-755A-415E-B666-A16FA25FC62F_zps7qtaazjq.jpg

If you look carefully at the second picture, you can see there's a decent berm back in there if I aim down the hill.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Take a picture of the shooting area in question.

Out this door:
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/pedorrero79/E2B7914B-1774-47A5-AADC-0F6672CF5944_zpsl9aioyie.jpg

Into these woods:
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/pedorrero79/0A9B2473-755A-415E-B666-A16FA25FC62F_zps7qtaazjq.jpg

If you look carefully at the second picture, you can see there's a decent berm back in there if I aim down the hill.

I say fuck the .22LR just get a .50 BMG for that location.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 8:57:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Intriguing.

Tell me more about this "no kids allowed" rule, please.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The HOA rules don't allow for kids.

Intriguing.

Tell me more about this "no kids allowed" rule, please.

Yeah seriously...  Lets say for a second there really is such a place I bet there will soon be a "NO FUCKING SHOOTING ALLOWED" along with the no kid rule.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 9:06:49 AM EDT
[#12]
just checking, has anyone posted OP's bail yet? I specifically requested he ask someone to create an account to update this thread when they haul him off....
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 10:08:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
just checking, has anyone posted OP's bail yet? I specifically requested he ask someone to create an account to update this thread when they haul him off....
View Quote

Last I heard, he was going to step it up to .38Spcl with primer only
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 10:16:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 10:31:43 AM EDT
[#15]
First two pages and I'm laughing my ass off.  I can't stand it anymore.  I'm out!

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 10:41:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I loaded 500 of those over the weekend for plinking targets at the bottom of the basement stairs - it keeps my booger hook well-trained in case of a home invasion.

I'll bring them over to 'rrero's condo and we can have a CTHTF shoot.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I loaded 500 of those over the weekend for plinking targets at the bottom of the basement stairs - it keeps my booger hook well-trained in case of a home invasion.

Sweet I'll bring pinky and ol' blue
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 12:30:22 PM EDT
[#17]
why not...
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 4:54:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm in. Bringing the cetme for maximum loudness.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 4:54:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And just that fast, I'm out.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 10:29:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Serious question:

I've seen a lot of replies with concern with lead exposure. Are that many of you really concerned with it and why?
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:49:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Serious question:

I've seen a lot of replies with concern with lead exposure. Are that many of you really concerned with it and why?
View Quote

After seeing some of the dinner threads here, I doubt it would matter.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:22:24 AM EDT
[#22]
OP, just to make sure the neighbors don't hear the crack and thud, you should wait until the lawn care crew starts mowing. Just make sure they aren't near where your condo is. I'd suspect that if they were on another side of your building, that would be safer.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:32:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Serious question:

View Quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lead_poisoning
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:58:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Serious question:

View Quote

It causes fetal alcohol syndrome.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:01:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
OP, just to make sure the neighbors don't hear the crack and thud, you should wait until the lawn care crew starts mowing. Just make sure they aren't near where your condo is. I'd suspect that if they were on another side of your building, that would be safer.
View Quote

A Cypriot!
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:07:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

I SHOULD do that. Tried it out the other day, but the old lady that lives next door filed a complaint with the HOA (of which, I'M pres'dent now), complaining about the "woodworking noise" coming from my place. I just circular filed that piece of paper.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:09:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

No way. In my Marlin 795, my CCI subsonics sound like a BB gun. I bet a CB cap would probably be just as good as a real silencer without paying a $200 permission tax to the feds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dry fire.  It's a thing.

Subsonics are still pretty damn loud inside your home.

No way. In my Marlin 795, my CCI subsonics sound like a BB gun. I bet a CB cap would probably be just as good as a real silencer without paying a $200 permission tax to the feds.

Ummmm...nope.  Not even close.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:12:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I SHOULD do that. Tried it out the other day, but the old lady that lives next door filed a complaint with the HOA (of which, I'M pres'dent now), complaining about the "woodworking noise" coming from my place. I just circular filed that piece of paper.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Woodworking?

Now all the busybodies here are going to say their finger at you and scold you for sawdust inhalation and not pulling permits for cutting crown edging of something.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:13:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Nothing in the bylaws.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would I be shooting through walls? I'd be going out the back door and into the woods.

Kids like to play in the woods.

No kids around here. All adults in their early 30's to late 60's, all with no kids. The HOA rules don't allow for kids.

They prob don't allow for shooting out the door either

Nothing in the bylaws.

That's because its already against the law.  I am sure if you look for it, discharging a firearm in your municipality is against the law.  Furthermore, discharging a firearm within a certain distance of an occupied building is likely to run contrary to state law.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:16:15 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I hope no one walks their dog through your LOF
View Quote
Pretty much this.  Why the hell would you live fire into an uncontrolled area?  I have popped a few colibris down a basement hallway into a phone book backstop, but would not even think of having them leave the house.  

Trollish post.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:22:28 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Pretty much this.  Why the hell would you live fire into an uncontrolled area?  I have popped a few colibris down a basement hallway into a phone book backstop, but would not even think of having them leave the house.    

View Quote

Trollish post.

The orange cones control the area.  

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:23:36 AM EDT
[#32]

Nothing in the bylaws.
View Quote

1. Nothing in the bylaws because no one ever in their wildest dreams considered someone would do something so stupid.
2. Betting like said above it's illegal in the city/town you live in.  Condos don't usually spring up in rural areas where shooting is legal.
3. You could easily be committing a felony such as reckless endangerment etc.  If you point a gun at someone and its not in self defense then it becomes wanton endangerment...
4. This kind of shit is what gives gun owners a bad name and give the left ammo for their anti gun pushes.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:40:36 AM EDT
[#33]
WARNING! Those short CCI CB'c penetrate well over an inch into a phone book out of a 10-22 with a empty .223/5.56 shell casing wedged behind the charging handle to keep the bolt from cycling.

Great for quiet residential critter control in a pinch if you don't have a bolt action 22.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:14:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP bring one of these to your neighbor as a gift and tell her that you are sorry for the noise but you made her something...
She will forgive you and will probably not mind the noise now. Practice your controlled pairs next or CC quick draws...
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:25:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Trollish post.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hope no one walks their dog through your LOF

Trollish post.

You now require chelation therapy for your heavy metal levels (lead, not Dio)
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:15:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm looking to set up a range into the woods behind our condo/apartment. Problem is, there's not a lot of room to set up outside so I'm thinking of setting up my "bench" in my living room and going out through the door into the woods. I'm really looking to just practice my fundamentals, I won't be doing any "tacticool" shooting, just working on things like breathing, trigger control, NPOA, etc.

Thanks.
View Quote

Not a good idea
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:41:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Not to mention lead dust settling on your eating surfaces.....and local laws.....and.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dry fire.  It's a thing.

Not to mention lead dust settling on your eating surfaces.....and local laws.....and.....

Yeah , this. Noise and other safety issues can likely be dealt with but spreading lead , lead compounds and other toxic substances around and about your living space is a problem. Most any attempt to clean such compounds will likely just spread them around .
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:09:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yeah , this. Noise and other safety issues can likely be dealt with but spreading lead , lead compounds and other toxic substances around and about your living space is a problem. Most any attempt to clean such compounds will likely just spread them around .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dry fire.  It's a thing.

You sound like one of those fluorescent light bulb troofers
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:26:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Just because it sounds good in your head. Doesn't mean it'll work in the real world.            
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 2:09:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Just go to Home Depot and get a 12 inch diameter PVC pipe and run it from the apartment to the target  the woods.

That should work
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 2:35:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Just because it sounds good in your head. Doesn't mean it'll work in the real world.            
View Quote

I'm not a pezamist, I'm an optometrist...it'll work.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 2:47:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great trolling, well done!  
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 3:30:17 PM EDT
[#43]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Serious question:

BULL FUCKING SHIT.

I've had lead in direct contact with my bloodstream for over 20 years with no adverse effects to myself or my offspring. Either I'm an anomaly or lead poisoning is complete horse shit.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 4:54:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Some of you guys crack me up. Lead poisoning?  A few hundred rounds out your door won't get you sick.  Drinkin' the city water will....
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 5:09:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

BULL FUCKING SHIT.

I've had lead in direct contact with my bloodstream for over 20 years with no adverse effects to myself or my offspring. Either I'm an anomaly or lead poisoning is complete horse shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Serious question:

BULL FUCKING SHIT.

Yeah.  We can tell, Bubba.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 5:44:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Serious question:

BULL FUCKING SHIT.

Not sure if serious.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 5:59:42 PM EDT
[#47]
I shoot in my condo with air guns and my bows, I would not do it with a firearm of any flavor
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:35:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
WARNING! Those short CCI CB'c penetrate well over an inch into a phone book out of a 10-22 with a empty .223/5.56 shell casing wedged behind the charging handle to keep the bolt from cycling.

Great for quiet residential critter control in a pinch if you don't have a bolt action 22.
View Quote

You can jam lock the bolt on a 10-22 this way?...... got any potato pics?  
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:37:01 PM EDT
[#49]
There is that whole airborne lead thing...........

I'm in late, so I assume you've been shooting.......  Do you have a metallic taste in your mouth?

Please tell me you don't have young kids!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:53:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top