BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:01:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://www.sgammo.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/product_full/product_images/img_4123.jpg

This stuff is about as loud as a pellet rifle.  Won't cycle a semi-auto.  May squib in some rifles.  Works fine in my Mossberg 702.
View Quote

I think I'm gonna run some of that.

(P3 ownage!)
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:01:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Op has to be trolling. No one can be this stupid. Glad I'm not his neighbor though.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:03:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I AM the HOA president.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Have you discussed this with your condo's board and/or managers? This seems like a fantastic idea for a condo/apartment. I can see the brochure now; "Luxurious marble counter tops, new appliances, 1500+ sqft of living and storage, plus; shooting out of the living room and into the woods out back is totally cool!" You'll enjoy your life at Browning Marlin Townhomes and Estates!"

I AM the HOA president.

Probably not for long.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:04:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Op has to be trolling. No one can be this stupid. Glad I'm not his neighbor though.
View Quote

If System Message were to ever lock another thread because the "OP is retarded", this is certainly a worthy candidate.

OP, please transfer ownership of all firearms to the next willing adult before you hurt someone and become yet another statistic to be used against us.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:07:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:07:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Op is high as fuck....
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:07:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I have read a lot of dumb threads in GD over the years, but this is the ultimate dumb idea. This OP is even rationalizing why is idea isn't dumb!
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:10:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:10:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Out this door:
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/pedorrero79/E2B7914B-1774-47A5-AADC-0F6672CF5944_zpsl9aioyie.jpg

Into these woods:
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/pedorrero79/0A9B2473-755A-415E-B666-A16FA25FC62F_zps7qtaazjq.jpg

If you look carefully at the second picture, you can see there's a decent berm back in there if I aim down the hill.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Take a picture of the shooting area in question.

Out this door:
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/pedorrero79/E2B7914B-1774-47A5-AADC-0F6672CF5944_zpsl9aioyie.jpg

Into these woods:
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/pedorrero79/0A9B2473-755A-415E-B666-A16FA25FC62F_zps7qtaazjq.jpg

If you look carefully at the second picture, you can see there's a decent berm back in there if I aim down the hill.

Are you related to Zaminski or Hondaciv?
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:11:04 PM EDT
[#10]
If you're actually serious (big IF) sell all your firearms and sharp objects immediately as you're not equipped with enough sense to own any of them responsibly. Good fucking grief.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:15:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Do you even SCATT bro?

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:18:24 PM EDT
[#12]
OP's idea is entirely retarded.

If you're not trolling, just stop. Don't do it. Take a few days off from work and reevaluate your life choices.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:22:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Sober up and rethink this thing. It's funny how an idea like this seems totally different when sober.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:24:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm looking to set up a range into the woods behind our condo/apartment. Problem is, there's not a lot of room to set up outside so I'm thinking of setting up my "bench" in my living room and going out through the door into the woods. I'm really looking to just practice my fundamentals, I won't be doing any "tacticool" shooting, just working on things like breathing, trigger control, NPOA, etc.

Thanks.
View Quote

No way would I be shooting .22LR in the space where I eat, drink, and breathe all night long.

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:24:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Do you even SCAT bro?

View Quote

Now a poop thread...
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:28:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Considering it's an "apartment/condo" I'd assume it's illegal...have you checked all applicable laws?

ETA - Troll thread?
View Quote

Most city ordinances make it illegal for "in-city" shooting let alone in a MDU (multiple dwelling unit aka apartments/condos)

Not a good idea even if you have a bullet trap.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:29:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Shooting quiet ammo out the back door will be fine.  UNTIL some nosy SOB trespasses, barges around the corner and catches a round in the stomach.

Then, shit will get real for you.
View Quote

Trespassing is illegal

Why do you hate private property?
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:29:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Sure, go ahead and shoot it all you want.  What could possibly go wrong?
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:33:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Shoot in your basement. Just get a .22 lead trap and have fun. Don't miss, and if you do, watch for ricochets.
View Quote

If it hits cement, it won't.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:34:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This is a good idea. Im gonna set up some targets on the golf course and shoot em from my apartment balcony! Thanks op!
View Quote

Golf ball reactive targets, FTW!
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:36:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Now a poop thread...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you even SCAT bro?

Now a poop thread...

I see what you did there
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:38:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Trespassing is illegal

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shooting quiet ammo out the back door will be fine.  UNTIL some nosy SOB trespasses, barges around the corner and catches a round in the stomach.

Trespassing is illegal

Yeah...trespasser breaks the law.  Doesn't mean the OP isn't still going to go through a shitstorm.  OP needs to move if he wants to shoot at home.  Lead residue isn't something I'd want all over my home either.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:40:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yeah...trespasser breaks the law.  Doesn't mean the OP isn't still going to go through a shitstorm.  OP needs to move if he wants to shoot at home.  Lead residue isn't something I'd want all over my home either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trespassing is illegal

Don't want to get run over by a car?  Don't cross the highway.

Don't want to get shot?  Don't tresspAss
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:40:45 PM EDT
[#24]
OP

How are your carpets so clean?
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:41:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trespassing is illegal

Yeah use that defense in court and see how far it gets you, especially when it's more than likely against the law for the OP to be shooting there to begin with.  Your argument does not pass the common sense test.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:43:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
OP

How are your carpets so clean?
View Quote

Wifey does a good job.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:46:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Let me make this clear- far too much beating around the bush.

The entire idea is fucking stupid.

Please don't continue with this thought any further, it's a liability, and WILL make the evening news in short order.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:46:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I AM the HOA president.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Have you discussed this with your condo's board and/or managers? This seems like a fantastic idea for a condo/apartment. I can see the brochure now; "Luxurious marble counter tops, new appliances, 1500+ sqft of living and storage, plus; shooting out of the living room and into the woods out back is totally cool!" You'll enjoy your life at Browning Marlin Townhomes and Estates!"

I AM the HOA president.

Do you actually own any of the land you're shooting across? Never mind all the other issues. If this is actually a condo, then you don't own a single blade of grass, you probably only own from the drywall in. Everyone in your development has a right to walk around out in your proposed "range" area.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:49:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Except the OP doesn't own the land he's shooting across and into. The HOA does.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:52:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yeah use that defense in court and see how far it gets you, especially when it's more than likely against the law for the OP to be shooting there to begin with.  Your argument does not pass the common sense test.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trespassing is illegal

It's either private property or it's not.....

Which is it?
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:54:12 PM EDT
[#31]
I think in this situation you are required to put orange cones on the path when in session to mark the edges of your firing lane.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:57:28 PM EDT
[#32]
If you don't use your rights......

You lose your rights....
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:59:09 PM EDT
[#33]
OP- You'll shoot your eye out.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:59:20 PM EDT
[#34]
You guys are overthinking this WAY too much. It's not going to be that big of an issue, seriously. I've decided I'm going to try CB Caps out of my 795. These have a muzzle velocity of only 710fps: well below the speed of sound. I don't think anyone will hear them, nor do I think they'll even do any significant damage should anyone decide to jump into my safety envelope.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:59:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Which is it?
View Quote

It's a condo.  It may be private property, but it's not his unless he owns the entire complex.... It's more than likely not the OP's property.  It's a retarded idea which you're trying to justify...and that's just from the standpoint of shooting across a common area...not even taking into consideration the fact that shooting indoors will cover everything with lead.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 2:00:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I think in this situation you are required to put orange cones on the path when in session to mark the edges of your firing lane.  
View Quote

GAME ON!

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 2:00:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

It's a condo.  It may be private property, but it's not his unless he owns the entire complex.... It's more than likely not the OP's property.  It's a retarded idea which you're trying to justify...and that's just from the standpoint of shooting across a common area...not even taking into consideration the fact that shooting indoors will cover everything with lead.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is it?

That would be a Co-OP

So is it private or not?

Oh and it's not polite to use the R-word.   A lot of us here have families.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 2:02:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Yes, please, and make sure someone creates a login to post the newpaper article from your arrest.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 2:02:19 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

You guys are overthinking this WAY too much. It's not going to be that big of an issue, seriously. I've decided I'm going to try CB Caps out of my 795. These have a muzzle velocity of only 710fps: well below the speed of sound. I don't think anyone will hear them, nor do I think they'll even do any significant damage should anyone decide to jump into my safety envelope.
View Quote
Even if it 'doesn't do much damage' if someone gets hit, they call the cops and you are in for a bad day.

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 2:02:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You want to shoot from your apartment living room across a public sidewalk into god knows what and YOU give ME a ?!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Take a picture of the shooting area in question.

Out this door:

Into these woods:

It sure looks like thats a sidewalk you'll be shooting over........

Meh, not worried about that. We've got windows on both sides so I can see if anyone's coming.

You want to shoot from your apartment living room across a public sidewalk into god knows what and YOU give ME a ?!

Lmfao.   This.    People were asking you if the bullets were going to be traveling over any type of public or common space for a reason. That's a major no no whether you hit anyone or not.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 2:02:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

That would be my "safety envelope".
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 2:03:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

wtf  that?  Sounds technical
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 2:05:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

That would be a Co-OP

So is it private or not?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is it?

That would be a Co-OP

So is it private or not?

Troll thread is trollish....and your grasp of the law is very light.  Maybe the OP's defense when the PD shows up can be that you told him it's all good...

re·tard·ed
r?'tärd?d/
adjective
adjective: retarded

-less advanced in mental, physical, or social development than is usual for one's age.

-very foolish or stupid.

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 2:06:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That would be a Co-OP

So is it private or not?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is it?

That would be a Co-OP

So is it private or not?

That would make it Private Co-operty...
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 2:07:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Troll thread is trollish....and your grasp of the law is very light.  Maybe the OP's defense when the PD shows up can be that you told him it's all good...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is it?

That would be a Co-OP

So is it private or not?

He's the HOA president.  He has the law in his pocket
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 2:08:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is it?

That would be a Co-OP

So is it private or not?

Bless your heart...
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 2:09:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Bless your heart...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
an style='font-weight: bold;']Quoted:[/span]
[span style='font-weight: bold;']Quoted:[/span]

Which is it?

That would be a Co-OP

So is it private or not?

Bless your heart...

It takes a villiage
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 2:11:48 PM EDT
[#48]
I don't have anything to add, other then the one time my wife walked in on me shooting my suppressed .22 pistol down the hall way she was pissed....Well actually pissed is an understatement.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 2:17:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Haha, now you've put everyone at ease.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 2:19:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm surprised they didn't get stuck in the barrel
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top