Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2014 11:29:27 PM EDT
Sent a tracking insured package and it has been "stuck" at the Richmond CA USPS sort facility for 20 fucking days.  My Goodness.  Interwebs says the Richmond CA facility is a cosmic black hole.  Anyone else experienced this?
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:56:26 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Sent a tracking insured package and it has been "stuck" at the Richmond CA USPS sort facility for 20 fucking days.  My Goodness.  Interwebs says the Richmond CA facility is a cosmic black hole.  Anyone else experienced this?
View Quote

Once it enters the military postal system, I don't think you get tracking updates anymore.

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 2:02:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Once it enters the military postal system, I don't think you get tracking updates anymore.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is correct.  USPS or whoever you shipped with is only sending it to the APO port.  From there, tracking stops, and its out of their hands.

My understanding is the packages get held until the containers for the next shipment are all filled.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 2:28:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  30+ days is not uncommon.  You won't see any tracking.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 2:33:18 AM EDT
[#4]
About a month about 10 years ago.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 2:39:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Depends on the ULT destination. Ive had Amazon shipments in a week while in Yoko, Djib, BAH, and a bunch of other places.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:18:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Many thanks to all that responded - I'll just let it go and plan to check with the recipient in about a month.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 5:27:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I ship APO daily.

I see six weeks very regularly for deliveries. Sometimes longer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top