User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:26:22 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The motor bandits of the early 30's bear more blame. Bonnie & Clyde, Dillinger, Floyd, Nelson, etc.  Chopped BAR's, sawed off shotguns, full auto 1911's and Thompsons quickly outgunned the police.
View Quote

No, you can blame Jim Crow Laws after the Civil War and the want to disarm free blacks and the Sullivan Act of 1911 in NYC.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:48:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Nah, I'd rather blame the government.
View Quote

This^  Capone was a bad man, but will never be as bad as professional criminals in Washington DC.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:54:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Nah, most the Anti-Gun Laws can be traced back to the Jim Crows Laws after The Civil War-War Between the States- War of Northern Aggression..... Or whatever you want to call it.......

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If government infringement upon or 2nd amendment rights were kicked off, for the most part, by the St. Valentine's massacre, then it seems Mr. Capone should bear some responsibility for the days we're living in.

As a reminder, the massacre occurred in 1929. The National Firearms Act took effect in 1934.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Nah, most the Anti-Gun Laws can be traced back to the Jim Crows Laws after The Civil War-War Between the States- War of Northern Aggression..... Or whatever you want to call it.......

The War for Southern Independence!
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:55:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
We can thank mindless drones that want to give up liberty for the illusion of safety and the tyrants willing to carry it out.
View Quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:56:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Machine guns are illegal because alcohol used to be illegal.

NFA should had gone away with prohabition.
View Quote

NFA was actually passed after prohibition ended.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:57:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Congress->prohibition->gangsters->Congress
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 2:01:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They sold it as a "tax revenue" measure, that is the only reason it is "legal"....
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 2:29:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:Lots of Laws Start out as Local/ State Ones before they Spread to the Feds......

View Quote

With so many examples you've given, you've explained the point you were trying to make perfectly.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 2:34:12 AM EDT
[#9]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We can thank mindless drones that want to give up liberty for the illusion of safety and the tyrants willing to carry it out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women

Slowly backs away while smirking.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 8:36:22 AM EDT
[#10]
You can thank Hollywood for the NFA.
There were a hundred times more "acts of violence" committed with machine guns on Hollywood sets than were ever committed by criminals.
The mass propaganda organ of the day stampeded the people and Congress enacted the NFA.

The propaganda machine worked so well that 80 years later people still believe that there were large numbers of criminals using automatic weapons in the 1930s.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 8:55:20 AM EDT
[#11]
I think I will be first to post that, no, you can thank the media and their sensationalized reporting of the Prohibition-era violence. THAT was what planted the seed in the minds of your average American to support NFA '34. Fast forward to today and the media is doing the exact same thing to demonize "assault" weapons, concealed carry/self-defense laws, etc.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 9:03:32 AM EDT
[#12]
FPNI

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 9:08:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Nah, I'd rather blame the government.
View Quote

FPNI.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 9:25:13 AM EDT
[#14]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The motor bandits of the early 30's bear more blame. Bonnie & Clyde, Dillinger, Floyd, Nelson, etc.  Chopped BAR's, sawed off shotguns, full auto 1911's and Thompsons quickly outgunned the police.

Wasn't Bonnie & Clyde's good stuff stolen from a Nat Guard armory? A hacksaw will get you all the sawed off shotguns and SBRs you want.

True. But in general, they were high profile examples of criminals suddenly out gunning the cops. Gangland violence was one thing, but these guys were shooting it out with small town cops in middle America. I think it served to scare the public and stigmatize those types of weapons. The libs didn't let the "crisis" go to waste.
IDK, but I think the Conservatives were right there in Lock Step with the Libs on this.....Didn't even the NRA support the NFA Laws?.....  

Yes, they did.

http://jpfo.org/articles-assd02/nra-supported-nfa34.htm

concerning the NRA..,

Negotiable Rights Association

just my OPINION !!
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 9:41:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'd say we can thank the naive busy bodies who passed prohibition.
View Quote

This is the acorn from which organized crime grew into a mighty oak. An attempt go legislate motality created an unintended monster. This led more legislation and so on and so forth.
I still say the ultimate blame lies with politicians elected to uphold the Constitution not gut it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 10:04:18 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Those out of work Prohibition Agents needed a job.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 10:09:54 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Pistols with a forward vertical grip was ruled a no no by the ATF much later.  The ATF wasn't around back then. Makes zero sense as 1927A5's are still allowed to have them last I knew.

As for silencers, I don't know for sure but my guess is it was due to poaching game during the depression.

ETA :  pic of 1907 that can most likely trace it's ancestry to Lebman.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h224/Hardrada55/BillMorganCubanburpgun_zpsa83b4564.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wasn't Bonnie & Clyde's good stuff stolen from a Nat Guard armory? A hacksaw will get you all the sawed off shotguns and SBRs you want.

Yes some of it, as to the others I don't know probably got them by any means they could.  Lebman made some interesting stuff for some gangsters of that era.  I agree it makes zero sense thinking a career criminal is going to give a shit how long the barrel on his firearm is.

I blame media sensationalism and politicians.

How many of those motor bandits used silencers?

Lebman's 1911's had pistol grips on them. I always assumed that was the reason for that part of the NFA, but I could be wrong. That's a great point about silencers. Why caused them to be included?

Pistols with a forward vertical grip was ruled a no no by the ATF much later.  The ATF wasn't around back then. Makes zero sense as 1927A5's are still allowed to have them last I knew.

As for silencers, I don't know for sure but my guess is it was due to poaching game during the depression.

ETA :  pic of 1907 that can most likely trace it's ancestry to Lebman.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h224/Hardrada55/BillMorganCubanburpgun_zpsa83b4564.jpg

He helped and supported Castro as a member of Second National Front of Escambray. He actually fought beside Che and helped capture Santa Clara. He was later executed by Castro and Che for being an anti communist after the takeover of Cuba. He along with the other members of the SNFE were pro democracy and used by the Marxist as pawns.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top