Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:31:09 PM EDT
[#1]
when did the midget eat last?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:31:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A large bird of prey could kill a midget and then rip off an arm or leg to fly away with

There is a carry weight limit for birds
View Quote

The worlds smallest woman only weighs 11 pounds.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:32:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I was at the track several months back and this 10 year old kid was running with his father.  I saw this bald eagle swoop down behind the kid, hesitate, then kept on flying over him.  The kid was jumping up and down all excited over seeing a bald eagle never realizing how close he got to at least having big ass claw marks on his gourd!
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:33:18 PM EDT
[#4]
That may be the best thread title of 2014.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:41:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Probably not. But a vulture could eat a dead one.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:42:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Midgets are the best fucks.
Pick them up and have them run in place while you're pounding. Right as you finish, drop them and they take off like a wind-up car. It's pretty cool, actually.

This has me spewing soda everywhere!!!
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:48:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Change thread title to Midget vs. Golden Eagle!
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:53:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I was at the track several months back and this 10 year old kid was running with his father.  I saw this bald eagle swoop down behind the kid, hesitate, then kept on flying over him.  The kid was jumping up and down all excited over seeing a bald eagle never realizing how close he got to at least having big ass claw marks on his gourd!
View Quote

A typical midget weighs about 85 lbs. Let's face it, life sucks for these little people, so they eat. Very few of them are skinny. Now, according to my internet research, a bird of prey can carry about half its body weight. So you're looking at a 190lb bird. Maybe a 170lb bird if your midget is on the extreme small end of the mass curve. Now, the baddest assed eagle in the world, the Martins Crowned Eagle, only hunts prey up to 77 lbs. However, the Wandering Albatross is a large bird with a wingspan of 11 feet who, if they were having a very bad day, could probably take on a midget. But this bird usually feeds on fish, so it would have to be insane, which is perfect. To answer the question, Yes, a midget could be carried off by a bird, but it would have to be a very specific species of insane bird who was having a bad day.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:07:15 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Only by a Thunderbird.
You got that right

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc481/planalp/Wines1.jpg

Lol - I forgot about Night train.  All you need now is a bumper of Colt, a paper bag, a porch, and a bird of prey and your weekend will be complete.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:09:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

A typical midget weighs about 85 lbs. Let's face it, life sucks for these little people, so they eat. Very few of them are skinny. Now, according to my internet research, a bird of prey can carry about half its body weight. So you're looking at a 190lb bird. Maybe a 170lb bird if your midget is on the extreme small end of the mass curve. Now, the baddest assed eagle in the world, the Martins Crowned Eagle, only hunts prey up to 77 lbs. However, the Wandering Albatross is a large bird with a wingspan of 11 feet who, if they were having a very bad day, could probably take on a midget. But this bird usually feeds on fish, so it would have to be insane, which is perfect. To answer the question, Yes, a midget could be carried off by a bird, but it would have to be a very specific species of insane bird who was having a bad day.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As of now, "midget in a fish costume" is the strangest thing that I have typed into Google search.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:22:43 PM EDT
[#11]
In Montana every summer there's usually at least one little kid and several small dogs carried off.......by mosquitos.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:33:00 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm sure the howler monkey & sloth eating Harpy Eagle would give it a shot.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:52:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Not sure. But, if yes, what would the air speed velocity of a midget-laden eagle be?

NI!
View Quote

Is the eagle migrating?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:52:34 PM EDT
[#14]
The heaviest a bird of prey gets these days is 30 pounds. So if the midget was just born one might be able to grab and go.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:06:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Does anyone have any midget friends they can ask?

I somehow picture a group of midgets having a picnic when suddenly an outline of an eagle appears in the sky and they scatter to pre staged burrows as they hear one of their friends yelling no as it fades to the distance with an eagle shriek.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:09:39 PM EDT
[#16]

Stupid Question.  

You even Lord Of The Rings, Brah?

An Eagle could absolutely hoist a Little Person and fling them over the cliff.   No problem at all.

Fwiw, the term "Little Person" seems far more condescending than Midget, to me, at least.  

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:19:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Does anyone have any midget friends they can ask?

I somehow picture a group of midgets having a picnic when suddenly an outline of an eagle appears in the sky and they scatter to pre staged burrows as they hear one of their friends yelling no as it fades to the distance with an eagle shriek.
View Quote

.....I mean.....that's horrible.

The Harpy is the heavy lifter in the raptor world, and it maxes out at about 20lb. They have been known to fly off with prey equal to them in weight.
Have to be a pretty small midget.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:43:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The Harpy is the heavy lifter in the raptor world, and it maxes out at about 20lb. They have been known to fly off with prey equal to them in weight.
Have to be a pretty small midget.
View Quote

Plenty of them smaller than that Sloth.    Now, if only we could get one to climb a tree...
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:47:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Eagle grab a midget? No, but Vanessa Del Rio, in one of her movies, grabbed a midget and threw him up on top of a grand piano....
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:48:19 PM EDT
[#20]
We need LaRue to make a picatinny mount for midgets so they don't get carried off by birds of prey so easily.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:56:12 PM EDT
[#21]

Females are about 25% larger than males, averaging 5.6 kg (12 lb), and against the males' average weight of 4.1 kg (9.0 lb).
" It has been estimated that the gripping power (pounds by square inch) of the bald eagle is ten times greater than that of a human.[80] Bald eagles can fly with fish at least equal to their own weight,"

source:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bald_eagle

Amge of Nagpur, India, weighs 11 pounds and stands at 2 feet, according to Guinness World Records

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:14:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Also

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:15:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Bravo OP. I am entertained with your trolling.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:16:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

this is not trolling, this is a very legitimate question.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:17:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My wife is a little person and that is the correct term. Please change your thread title OP.  That word is the same as calling black people the N word.
View Quote

Your wife is a midgit?

Do you have any midgit stories you wish to share?

I won't ask for pics.  But someone else will
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:18:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Midgets are the best fucks.
Pick them up and have them run in place while you're pounding. Right as you finish, drop them and they take off like a wind-up car. It's pretty cool, actually.

This has me spewing soda everywhere!!!
View Quote

Yes!

Their little Tyrannosaurus Rex arms all flailing about!

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1497864
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:23:46 PM EDT
[#27]
My mother was deathly afraid of eagles because when she was a little girl a new born baby was snatched by an eagle at a church function she was at. She lived on a farm along the Canadian border out in the middle of no where. It happened in the mid 1920's.  I really don't have any more details then what I have told you.

She always insisted that a net or blanket be placed over the stroller or carriage.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:26:20 PM EDT
[#28]
If a Bald Eagle is carrying off your midget friend are you allowed to kill it? Or do you just have to let it happen.....national symbol and all?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:30:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSB1nJ4Z9wwp5_Tvr2fTNeoYWUSKF1avyqkypleJ6qHTiAPVpFX

Females are about 25% larger than males, averaging 5.6 kg (12 lb), and against the males' average weight of 4.1 kg (9.0 lb).
" It has been estimated that the gripping power (pounds by square inch) of the bald eagle is ten times greater than that of a human.[80] Bald eagles can fly with fish at least equal to their own weight,"

source:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bald_eagle

Amge of Nagpur, India, weighs 11 pounds and stands at 2 feet, according to Guinness World Records

http://www.momscleanairforce.org/wp-content/uploads/confirmed-580x410.jpg

http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/206650-1/Eagle-grabs-child.gif

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:31:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Do they make wing suits in midget size?  Can we train an eagle to carry the midget to a desired altitude and drop them, so they can glide back to earth and land safely on a mattress?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:38:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
My wife is a little person and that is the correct term. Please change your thread title OP.  That word is the same as calling black people the N word.
View Quote

This is correct.  They are either little people or a dwarf.  The M word is offensive and bigoted.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:39:29 PM EDT
[#32]

African Crowned Eagle

Found in the rainforests of tropical Africa, this eagle measures around 90 cms long and has a 2 meter wingspan. However, it has been known to hunt animals up to 35 kgs! This powerful and aggressive eagle is known by the Africans as "the leopard of the air”. It’s main killing weapon are its deadly talons, which are strong enough to crush the skull of a monkey (its favorite prey) killing it instantly and sometimes causing the eyes to pop out of their sockets! Not even the largest monkey, the mandrill, is safe from the attack of the Crowned Eagle, although usually only juvenile mandrills are taken.

Other usual victims of this bird are hyraxes, Guinea fowl, agwantibos (a nocturnal primate), chevrotains and even small antelopes. In prehistoric times, these eagles preyed on our australopithecine ancestors as well; the marks of the Crowned Eagle talons have been found in the two million year old skulls of juvenile hominines.

Even in modern times, Crowned Eagles still see small humans as potential prey. Skulls of human infants have been found in their nests, and in Zambia, a seven year old was once attacked by a Crowned Eagle in his way to school. He received serious injury to the head, chest and arms as the raptor tried unsuccessfully to carry him away, and was only saved when a woman arrived on time to help him and managed to kill the bird. Later examination of the area found no Crowned Eagle nests, and besides, the eagle turned out to be a juvenile, which means that it wasn’t protecting a nest, and that the attack had been predatory.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:40:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Well, since midgets have night vision they should become nocturnal. Gives them a fighting chance against the great owls.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:41:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Hey guys.......

You can Adopt a midgit!

http://www.lpaonline.org/adoption-

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:43:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Attack of the Giant Midgit!
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:44:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This actually started seriously because I am curious thinking of it. This thread just turned differently than I thought but I'm not mad at all.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:44:37 PM EDT
[#37]
A Bird of Prey is plenty large enough to accommodate a midget. They have a crew of nearly 40 Klingon Warriors and transporters to beam the midget on board. I see no troubles with it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:47:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:47:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
My mother was deathly afraid of eagles because when she was a little girl a new born baby was snatched by an eagle at a church function she was at. She lived on a farm along the Canadian border out in the middle of no where. It happened in the mid 1920's.  I really don't have any more details then what I have told you.

She always insisted that a net or blanket be placed over the stroller or carriage.
View Quote

My mother is deathly afraid of midgits

She used to "go gnoming" back I the old country, and toss them out in front of Lorries

Now she has nightmares of this
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:48:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

This actually started seriously because I am curious thinking of it. This thread just turned differently than I thought but I'm not mad at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you expect a legitimate response?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:49:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

This is correct.  They are either little people or a dwarf.  The M word is offensive and bigoted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So does it make it better if I change a letter?

Midget vs. midgit vs. midgot vs. midgyt

Which one is considered most appropriate?

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:50:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Midgit
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:50:53 PM EDT
[#43]
A Gloden Eagle can carry a smaller mt. Goats.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:00:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

At first yes. I guess I was short sighted....
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:02:18 PM EDT
[#45]
I guess we established that in theory they can?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:07:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I guess we established that in theory they can?
View Quote

Yes

But this thread is now about midgit stories
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:10:03 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View Quote

ETA: in before familiar  

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:10:12 PM EDT
[#48]
OP are you suggesting that midgets migrate?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:11:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

So we have to make sure the limited plug is in our shotguns?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:13:24 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View Quote
African or European midget?

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top