User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2014 3:36:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:39:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Oo ya
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:40:41 PM EDT
[#2]
See the trajectory on that round? Was that normal?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:41:01 PM EDT
[#3]
That's not so fast, I could have dodged it.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:41:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

The round is probably fake and was added in later.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:44:16 PM EDT
[#5]

it took a long time to pull that tigger.

I would have unloaded about 90 25mm by the time he fired.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:48:34 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:56:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah uh no.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:00:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:04:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Seems fake to me...
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:43:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm not trying to be that guy, but do you normally see sabot rounds traveling faster than a rifle bullet??

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:04:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm not trying to be that guy, but do you normally see sabot rounds traveling faster than a rifle bullet??

View Quote

Yes, as one example the 105 mm APFSDS round had a muzzle velocity of 5,700 fps.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:25:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had to read our posts a few times.

I was asking if you could visually pick up a sabot round coming straight at you faster than a rifle bullet.

I think.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:30:40 PM EDT
[#13]
My grandfather was run over by a tank in WWII.

One tread crushed his lower leg pretty good.

He managed a purple heart and a trip home out of that one.

I remember finding it in my grandmothers hope chest as a kid along with a handful of "trophies" from Japanese soldiers.

He told me the story about the purple heart but never the stories about the trophies.

RIP Grandpa

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:31:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ballistics apply to big guns too.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:34:18 PM EDT
[#15]
OUCH !!! That won't buff out.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:40:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I remember finding it in my grandmothers hope chest as a kid along with a handful of "trophies" from Japanese soldiers.

He told me the story about the purple heart but never the stories about the trophies.

RIP Grandpa

View Quote

What, ears, teeth? you just can't say trophies and just leave us hanging.

What did you find, his leg? Now that just doesn't make sense now that I re-read that.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:43:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:44:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My CO2 bb gun shoots flatter and faster than that thing.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:53:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

It looks real to me.    I've never been on the recieving end, but I've been on the other end, many times.

When we shoot them, they appear to go out laser straight.   However, the downward movement may have been an optical illusion due to perspective?

It almost looked as if it was a APFSDS and the Sabot had just begun separating?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:55:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I was asking if you could visually pick up a sabot round coming straight at you faster than a rifle bullet.

I think.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think.

Uh, yeah.     No relative movement.   You can certainly see them going down range.  

Can you see a jet fighter coming right at you when the closing speed is Mach 3?       Yes, you can.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:56:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It looks real to me.    I've never been on the recieving end, but I've been on the other end, many times.

When we shoot them, they appear to go out laser straight.   However, the downward movement may have been an optical illusion due to perspective?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i pretty sure i remember this video from before.  In the previous video the round impacted above the camera.  I couldn't find a Russian tank round that looks like that, so yeah, i'm going with doctored.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:00:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

i pretty sure i remember this video from before.  In the previous video the round impacted above the camera.  I couldn't find a Russian tank round that looks like that, so yeah, i'm going with doctored.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could be.  The downward movement does look excessive, but I was ready to chalk it up to an optical illusion.  

If fake, it's pretty well done.

i know one thing, an M1 could have lit him up threetimes, in the time it took to get off that one shot.

Looking at it again, it sure looks real to me.    Don't forget, that tank is zoomed in....further away than it looks.

Heat Round.  Much slower than a APFSDS.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:02:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Could be.  The downward movement does look excessive, but I was ready to chalk it up to an optical illusion.  

i know one thing, an M1 could have lit him up threetimes, in the time it took to get off that one shot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No kidding, they fucking suck.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:06:37 PM EDT
[#24]
If fake, it's one of the best ones I've seen.    Even better than the "Eagle pick up Child!!!"    

You can even see the shockwave distortion coming off the fins.    I would bet a Pmag it's real.

Are those tanks smoothbore?

Who do we call the the definitive answer?  DocZox?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:06:47 PM EDT
[#25]
There was one hell of a zoom on that video. Best guess the tank was a half mile away.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:13:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

What did you find, his leg? Now that just doesn't make sense now that I re-read that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

RIP Grandpa

Lol no teeth or ears just swatches of cloth with medals still attached cut from japanese uniforms.

No idea what they signified to the Japanese.

One was 3 small stars together. Just looked it up, grandpa apparently bagged him a general.

Maybe it was 2 stars its been a few years since I looked in the chest.

The others were more "medals"

Those are the ones that stick in my mind.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:28:20 PM EDT
[#27]
I remember seeing that on Arf a couple years ago. If I recall correctly, Israeli tank crew thought the camera of a news crew

was an anti-tank weapon, and fired.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:35:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I remember seeing that on Arf a couple years ago. If I recall correctly, Israeli tank crew thought the camera of a news crew

View Quote

I believe that was a different video. the camera man was on a road with other vehicles around.. Let me go see if i can find it. I may be wrong but dont think it was as urban.

ETA: Yup..

ETA 2: I think the vid in the OP is legit.. That's what? 125 mm rounds? I would bet looking straight down the barrel you would see that in flight. But i aint no expert and could be wrong as hell..
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:37:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I believe that was a different video. the camera man was on a road with other vehicles around.. Let me go see if i can find it. I may be wrong but dont think it was as urban.

http://youtu.be/vZysDAxun_8
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whats up.. Im having a beer over at the crib

I think the video is fake
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:39:08 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote

The zoom on the camera makes it look weird. Not fake.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:56:04 PM EDT
[#31]
I can't sign in and watch, but I'll stand corrected.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:01:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

ETA 2: I think the vid in the OP is legit.. That's what? 125 mm rounds? I would bet looking straight down the barrel you would see that in flight. But i aint no expert and could be wrong as hell..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Woah. What was that? An air bursting shrapnel round? That wiped out a lot of people over a good distance.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:18:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
If fake, it's one of the best ones I've seen.    Even better than the "Eagle pick up Child!!!"    

You can even see the shockwave distortion coming off the fins.    I would bet a Pmag it's real.

View Quote

Looks like a T-72, which has a 125mm smoothbore.

As someone else mentioned, that looked like a HEAT round.  You can see what looks like a probe in front of the round, and I'm just guessing here, but our APFSDS rounds have only four fins, while our HEAT rounds have more.  I'm assuming the Russians came to the same conclusion we did about stabilizing the round, and built theirs the same way for the same reasons.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:54:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

As someone else mentioned, that looked like a HEAT round.  You can see what looks like a probe in front of the round, and I'm just guessing here, but our APFSDS rounds have only four fins, while our HEAT rounds have more.  I'm assuming the Russians came to the same conclusion we did about stabilizing the round, and built theirs the same way for the same reasons.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was me.  It's a Heat round and real imho.

Did you see the Palistinian vid?    What was that?  beehive, or something more Hitech?      We didnt have nothin like that back in '90.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:53:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Lol no teeth or ears just swatches of cloth with medals still attached cut from japanese uniforms.

One was 3 small stars together. Just looked it up, grandpa apparently bagged him a general.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

RIP Grandpa

Why not photograph them, and put the photos on here, and find out what the fuck you have?
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 11:05:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Did you see the Palistinian vid?    What was that?  beehive, or something more Hitech?      We didnt have nothin like that back in '90.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honestly, I don't know.  If it was a Merkava with the 120mm main gun, they must be using an Israeli made "beehive" APERS round of some sort that has a fuze that can be set by the loader before he loads the round into the chamber of the main gun.  That was a bursting charge that disbursed the payload (balls or flechettes) at a set range and killed the cameraman.

We currently use a canister round called the M1028, but it's literally a giant shotgun round with 10 mm-sized tungsten balls that begin disbursing just as soon as they leave the muzzle.  This was something different (like the old 105mm beehive round we used to use in the M60 series (and later M1) MBTs.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 11:27:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Looks like one of these (or something of a similar design).  They go ~900m/s.

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 11:32:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

gravity how does that work?
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 11:42:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I think.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think.

My bad, I see that now  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top