BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:53:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Ya, but thank goodness she left this morning
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:55:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I was charged by a dog. Dog was totally silent and had his tail down. I was holding a shovel. I put it between me and him and he circled trying to find an opening. When I stabbed with the shovel and popped him on the noggin, he decided to go somewhere else.

But no, I guess not a wild animal, unless you count a Tarantula Hawk.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:57:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Had a male Mallard jump on my head after I chased him out of my pool.  If video of said event were ever published, I'd change my name and move to Zimbabwe.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:06:47 PM EDT
[#4]
A Blue Jay was my first experience with an attacking animal when I was a kid, dove at my head and drew blood in 2 places while I was running for cover. Shot Blue Jays all summer with my bb gun that year. A few years later an angry opossum bit me on the bare foot, I did harass it quite a bit with a sharp stick before it bit me, got a nasty infection from that one. Had 3 different snake bites but none were from venomous snakes, one of them was last year as I was trying to free a king snake from a net, he didn't appreciate what I was doing for him apparently.

One year I was deer hunting with a friend during archery season. He shot a small buck and came to get my help, he wasn't confident in his shot placement but knew he had hit it. We tracked it for about an hour and had separated a bit after we lost the blood trail. I spotted it and called to him just as I approached it, the damn thing was still very much alive and came after me with a vengeance. I was basically riding its head around in circles trying to stay away from the hoofs and antlers. It collapsed after a few seconds which, to me, seemed like several minutes. I wouldn't let go of it until he had damn near cut its head off. We still laugh about that day.

Several times I have confronted black bears but haven't had any close encounters where I thought I was about to be attacked.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:07:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Garibaldi are mean and territorial.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:36:02 PM EDT
[#6]
No Sasquatch stories?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:46:25 PM EDT
[#7]

I was attacked by a rat.

In all fairness though, I started it.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:51:05 PM EDT
[#8]
sort of, when i was 12-13 my brother and i were riding bikes through the woods.  a an owl swooped down and clawed my head.  luckily i was wearing my helmet (rarely wore one because i was a moron).  a few weeks later someone walking through the same trail had the same thing happen, they ended up with very nasty cuts.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:52:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Had a big ass swan chase me on a jetski.
Didn't catch me tho.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:06:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I was in the bathtub and I was attacked by a marmot..
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:10:42 PM EDT
[#11]
A porcupine .

Correction , an insane porcupine .It was no match for a 50cal muzzle loader at point blank range .

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:42:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was in the bathtub and I was attacked by a marmot..
View Quote

I'll bet someone dropped it in there.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:48:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Trumpeter Swan
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:50:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Do Mosquitoes count ?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:04:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Do Mosquitoes count ?
View Quote

Only if you are in the UP of Michigan
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:10:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Buddy of mine was attacked by a Great Dane.

He fucked that dog ALL up.

Story was, a friend of his (since before I knew him) was going out of town and needed my buddy to go over and check on something. Now, the guy knew his Great Dane could cause some problems. One reason why he sent my buddy, because he knew the dog and he can take care of himself.

Said he unlocked the door, carefully stepped in, and stood there waiting for the dog to show up. Said he was looking and turning around and WHAM!! Never heard the dog coming and never saw it.

Almost had to put the dog down by the time my buddy was through with him. Said he was hoping he would give up or take off before he had to kill it. Story is, from then on, that dog took off running when my buddy came around.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:15:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Corned a raccoon, in drainage ditch, was bad.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:19:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Corned a raccoon, in drainage ditch, was bad.
View Quote

Ahhh..ummm...ok..thanks for sharing...I guess...
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:20:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do Mosquitoes count ?

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:22:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Got jumped by a gang of Obama sons walking past a park 15 years ago.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:34:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Armadillo.
I was drunk and chased him.
Suddenly, he leapt  straight up in the air and came down facing me.
I can still him in mid air, in the headlight glow, with his legs sticking straight out from his shell.
He chased me across a field and onto the hood of my car.
I was loaded.
True story.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:37:26 PM EDT
[#22]
feral dogs

mohave green,only snake I've ever had follow me

ex girlfriend named jennifer,she was the scariest
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:38:31 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

Yes, especially if you are wearing Naval Orange Duck Feet.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:40:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Yeah, got bitten by a garter snake once, guess I should have fed it a little more.  I let it go shortly thereafter.      Otherwise, mostly mosquitoes and yellow jackets as MM has said (well, they aren't really animals).....
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:44:14 PM EDT
[#25]
I sat quietly in the woods a few years back trying to catch a baby turtle i saw disappear in a small pool of water. Figured i'd just sit and wait for him to come back up for air. About 5 min into my sitting a Raccoon came strolling down the path right toward me and i just stayed silent until he was about 3 feet away. He froze in his tracks when he winded me and i moved. Guess he didn't want to risk  turning his back on me that close because it was on at that point.

It was a good fight and i had not so much as a blunt stick. You learn a lot about yourself in situations like this. I learned that at 16 years old in shorts and a t-shirt that I was a dead even match for a 30lb coon. No idea how long the fight actually lasted but it seemed like a long time. In the end we were both bleeding but neither was seriously injured.  I'm calling it a draw but the coon clearly thought he won. I was ok with letting him think that as long as he would quit chewing on me.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:48:15 PM EDT
[#26]
I was in high school, and I was about to leave home. I'm pretty sure it was during the rut. I was loading some things up in my car, and my dog was hanging out with. I heard a crashing noise, and a buck came out of the woods and charged for me. I tried to get my ass in the car, but I was too slow. My dog, a pudgy chocolate lab, growled and barked up a storm and chased it off. If he hadn't done that; I would have been put in a world of hurt.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:49:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Yep.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:52:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Stalked by a big cat in the KOFA game range in Arizona
Got within 60 or so yards
On a bow hunt no firearms permitted

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:55:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Feral Dogs.
Shot and killed one with my .22 rifle and the rest buggered off.
I was about 12.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:56:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I was "investigated" up-close and personal by a black bear while I was sleeping out in the open in Shenandoah National Park. It woke me up with its nose on my face.

Believe it or not you can remain completely still and hold your breath when you wake up and see one.

View Quote

Were you expelling at the other end?

I've been bit by a ground squirrel and chased by geese.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:11:09 PM EDT
[#31]

Walked out to get the paper wearing bath robe as always.

Raccoon darted out from behind the shrubs.

Jumped on and bit right leg.

Beat him off me.

He ran away for about 10ft, turned ran and jumped and bit my left leg.

Retrieved my .22lr and DRT.

Called animal control and reported. Sent off for testing and it was rabid.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:16:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:19:49 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Walked out to get the paper wearing bath robe as always.

Raccoon darted out from behind the shrubs.

Jumped on and bit right leg.

Beat him off me.

He ran away for about 10ft, turned ran and jumped and bit my left leg.

Retrieved my .22lr and DRT.

Called animal control and reported. Sent off for testing and it was rabid.

View Quote
just finished getting our rabies shots after a racoon walked up on my wife and our dog charged it and I shot the coon. Animal control had it tested and it had rabies so we had to get our shots and our dog has a 6 month quarantine

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:20:29 PM EDT
[#34]
I had a swan come after me when I got to close to its cygnets when I was a kid.  The bastard was pretty pissed.

My aunt chased it away before it could do too much to me.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:21:16 PM EDT
[#35]
I got attacked by a juvenile mountain lion when i was a kid.  I still have a few scars on my hand. Dad chased it off.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:24:10 PM EDT
[#36]
I used to be a cop in the ghetto. Of course I have.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:24:31 PM EDT
[#37]
I was attacked by a few feral dogs as a child. Torn up my inner thigh nicely. The rabies shots were even more fun!!
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:28:28 PM EDT
[#38]
I opened the garage door one time when a gigantic roach on the inside launched itself at me.  Luckily I slammed the door just in the nick of time.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:30:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Gator, water moccasin, Eastern Diamondback Rattler, fire ants, wasps and a cornered racoon one time.  The skunk didn't exactly attack me but it made my life miserable and kept me out of school for a week.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:38:45 PM EDT
[#40]
A rutting buck charged me a couple deer seasons ago, coming back from the stand.
Dropped him with a 30-30 to center of mass.
Good eating
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:19:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Blue Jay. Asshole of the bird world.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:22:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Do jealous, crazy, pissed off women wielding a large butcher knife count?  Then, yes.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:23:49 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I was attacked by a rat.

In all fairness though, I started it.

View Quote
LOL..me, too

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:24:20 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Do Mosquitoes count ?
View Quote
stepping on a Yellow Jacket nest????   Yup

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:25:23 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I used to be a cop in the ghetto. Of course I have.
View Quote
LOL...that is the worst and most dangerous

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:26:47 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Do Mosquitoes count ?
I stepped on a fire ant nest this summer down in Oklahoma visiting some relatives.

The good news was by the 2nd day they no longer stung when they bit me. My feet were numb.  Stupid me wearing sandals down there.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:28:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Twice. By squirrels.

In my defense, I was young and trying to rescue the stupid things.

Now I just shoot them.

And, yes, I know it was dumb. I also mentioned I was young. And dumb. Rate of learning increased as i got older.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:30:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
had a beaver take a chunk out of my leg while duck hunting, chased by hogs, and been attachked by two pits.

All ended up dead
View Quote

Good thing you didn't get your nipple bitten off by it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:35:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Had a cow moose charge us one evening up in the Bob Marshal. We each stepped behind a tree and she ran right between us...and kept on truckin'.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:35:24 PM EDT
[#50]
My dachshund surprised a squirrel running under the back yard fence.  Such a sweet dog yet when it got that squirrel in its jaws it thrashed it back in forth like a great white with a seal.  Dog is growling "grrr grr grr", squirrel is screaming "eee eee eee!"  I yelled "Holy shit" and ran over to break it up, pulling the squirrel from certain death and it thanks me by biting my hand.

I went to the ER for fear of rabies and the first thing they ask me is was I trying to pet the squirrel.  LOL
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top