BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 37
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:18:35 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes. We have to fish out dead bodies from water from time to time or gather evidence. What do you expect the cops to do?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

From the article:

http://i59.tinypic.com/1z5kw3k.png

Yes. We have to fish out dead bodies from water from time to time or gather evidence. What do you expect the cops to do?
Drain the ocean, lakes and rivers.  Duh!

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:19:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:19:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Troll tread
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:20:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Sorry my friend I'm sick of protected classes. Yeah, private site, Avila's rules, I respect that. I just find it beyond hypocritical that certain classes are fair game and others are deemed special.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.breachbangclear.com/why-i-hate-cops/

An excellent read.
I will warn the anti-cop members here..keep your posts with in the CoC or you will be shown the door.
Argue the merits of this article all you want. Attack cops (including our LEO members here) because they are cops and you will be gone from the site.

Sorry my friend I'm sick of protected classes. Yeah, private site, Avila's rules, I respect that. I just find it beyond hypocritical that certain classes are fair game and others are deemed special.

Poking at people to get a reaction, then disciplining them for it,  promotes the type of conditioned response being sought. It's a simple strategy really; grade school kids do it all the time.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:22:06 PM EDT
[#5]
fuck the war on drugs and dump the laws associated/resulting from it

and half of the un-COTUS shit would cease.

I didn't say legalize it.

Just add the appropriate amount of extra punishment for crimes
committed while under the influence.

BUTT!!! just because I'm driving with $11K in my truck from Georgia to any other State
doesn't mean Proper Coppers have the right to take it because it's probably drug money.

BUTT!!! just because two fucks decide to do a huge drug deal on my private beach front property
doesn't give the County Mounties the right to also seize my property.

BUTT!!!

Did I mention "Fuck the War on Drugs"?

For those that don't take Patrick Henry's view on such shenanigans...  you are not my countrymen.  You're the King's men.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:22:28 PM EDT
[#6]
The police are the rubber that meets the road when it comes to enforcing tyrannical edicts.  They enforce it without question.  Men who would blindly enforce atrocities such as New York State's SAFE act have absolutely ZERO business being in any position of authority.

If you enforce the encroachment of our civil liberties, there really isn't much to figure out about why people are going to hate you.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:23:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

fuck the war on drugs and dump the laws associated/resulting from it

and half of the un-COTUS shit would cease.

I didn't say legalize it.

Just add the appropriate amount of extra punishment for crimes

committed while under the influence.

BUTT!!! just because I'm driving with $11K in my truck from Georgia to any other State

doesn't mean Proper Coppers have the right to take it because it's probably drug money.

BUTT!!! just because two fucks decide to do a huge drug deal on my private beach front property

doesn't give the County Mounties the right to also seize my property.

BUTT!!!

Did I mention "Fuck the War on Drugs"?

For those that don't take Patrick Henry's view on such shenanigans...  you are not my countrymen.  You're the Queens's men.
View Quote
FIFY - OP is Canadian.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:23:59 PM EDT
[#8]
The only trolling is that of the "militarization of police" crowd by the Left/Libs and don't even see they are playing right into their game.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:24:28 PM EDT
[#9]
The police need that equipment for the appropriate circumstances. Problem is most cops generate revenue. Not fighting ms13 or American Taliban in quiet little towns.
And yes they do view citizens as "the enemy" and will "do what needs to be done" so they "can go home at night". Which means citizens rights and lives are secondary to police.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:24:31 PM EDT
[#10]
I love cops, got some damn fine ones in my family,  I hate hypocrites.  It is when the two are the same that they get my blood boiling.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:24:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:26:06 PM EDT
[#12]
I gave up after the author tried to cite the 2nd Amendment as to justification for LEOs having military equipment. The Bill of Rights isn't about what the government can have.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:27:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

So explain why the citizens of DC still can't get a CCL for a handgun as of today?

If the system works for everyone, why is it still an issue?

Are Washington DC's police still enforcing the clearly unconstitutional laws that their politicians continue to pass?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Excellent article.  Didn't see anything wrong with it at all.

So explain why the citizens of DC still can't get a CCL for a handgun as of today?

Are Washington DC's police still enforcing the clearly unconstitutional laws that their politicians continue to pass?

Elections have consequences.  Or you can just blame the cops.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:27:53 PM EDT
[#14]
I am so tempted to bite....must not...must not...don't do it...don't do it...

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:27:59 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here in Cali.  Why is a blued revolver safe for joe citizen, but the nickel version is only safe for LEO's?

Or why they get a special exemption for standard cap mags?

I'll tell you why - because the Unions, Sheriff's and Chief's have fought to have it that way and the rank and file officers (for the most part) don't stand up and say that's wrong.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:28:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:29:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:29:33 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Same here in Cali.  Why is a blued revolver safe for joe citizen, but the nickel version is only safe for LEO's?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll tell you why - because the Unions, Sheriff's and Chief's have fought to have it that way and the rank and file officers (for the most part) don't stand up and say that's wrong.
Really? How do they justify that?

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:29:51 PM EDT
[#19]

If you don't like the job cops are doing, then go get the badge and do it yourself.
View Quote

I'd get fired for leaving people alone and respecting their rights.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:30:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Same here in Cali.  Why is a blued revolver safe for joe citizen, but the nickel version is only safe for LEO's?   Or why they get a special exemption for standard cap mags?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here in Cali.  Why is a blued revolver safe for joe citizen, but the nickel version is only safe for LEO's?   Or why they get a special exemption for standard cap mags?

Has nothing to do with elected officials?  Yea im just gonna sit out next election because my candidate of choice isnt running.   but hey lets blame cops.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:30:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
From the article:

http://i59.tinypic.com/1z5kw3k.png

As well as retrieve vehicles and other physical evidence from bodies of water.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:30:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The police need that equipment for the appropriate circumstances. Problem is most cops generate revenue. Not fighting ms13 or American Taliban in quiet little towns.
And yes they do view citizens as "the enemy" and will "do what needs to be done" so they "can go home at night". Which means citizens rights and lives are secondary to police.
View Quote

Yes, the blood is literally flowing in the ditches as we speak.

Please do go on about "doing what needs to be done", "going home at night" and all that with that nice little (I agreed to sign up and follow orders) tank icon over there.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:31:03 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Really? How do they justify that?  
It has a different model number, so must be submitted for testing to make sure it's safe for joe citizen.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:31:36 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

An excellent read.

I will warn the anti-cop members here..keep your posts with in the CoC or you will be shown the door.

Argue the merits of this article all you want. Attack cops (including our LEO members here) because they are cops and you will be gone from the site.

I'm agreeing with Hiram just in case it needs clarified.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:32:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:33:00 PM EDT
[#26]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

An excellent read.

http://www.tickld.com/cdn_image_postimage/2202ca75470304ff347209073b44cb2c.png

Actually, he's not. Try posting some (kill em all) banter about Muslims or whomever and see how far that gets you.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:33:40 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Has nothing to do with elected officials?  Yea im just gonna sit out next election because my candidate of choice isnt running.   but hey lets blame cops.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Of course it has to do with elected officials. But those I named back those officials, give them campaign contributions, vocally support the laws they write and in some cases even help draft those laws.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:33:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:34:20 PM EDT
[#29]
I think the article focuses too much on the equipment the cops use as being a source of hate instead the tactics they engage in.  The tactics don't have to be SWAT no-knock raids and post bombing Boston, but nonsensical probable cause, stops with threats and demands just to search a vehicle etc.  I am confident that overall these are rare occurrences, but with an increased flow of information (instant video of misdeeds on Internet and the like) people see this sensational behavior and become sensationalized themselves to it.  So, the next time they see a cop they become "JBT's" and are going to enter into an interaction with a cop with that mentality.  I could be wrong.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:36:11 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

ya..I didn't consider it would appear as a troll thread. Just trying to generate good conversation on the "hate for cops" that seems to be very prevalent here. Having said that..if people can debate the article or express their opinions without breaking the site rules..then there is nothing to worry about is there.
View Quote
I think that "distrust" is sometimes mistaken, even by those who are guilty of it, as "hate".  With so many stories of out of control police forces, corrupt laws, and families that run small towns from the police force to the council, people tend to get jaded.  Hell, almost every cop you talk to will tell you that after some time, they begin to distrust everyone.  They see terrible people every day, and it changes their outlook on citizens until it becomes "us" vs "them" to some extent.  I know there are great cops out there, and I know they have my best interest at heart.  I know there are shitty ones who don't know me from the Trayvon Martin's.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:36:14 PM EDT
[#31]
FPNI
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:36:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Meh... article is right... but still just TBL-mastubatory chest thumping.  

I'm all about cops having access to MBTs and naval gun support if the various sets of voters want to pay for it.

Just use it judiciously.  Most officers and departments seem to.  But quite a few don't... and one is too many.  To use a popular quote in a different context, it ain't the arrow, it's the Indian.
View Quote

Officer Safety does seem to be a catch-all excuse for a lot of questionable practices.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:37:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:37:29 PM EDT
[#34]
The author obviously doesn't live in CT.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:38:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:39:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Alot of people hate cops, until their ass is in a shit sandwich and pray for their timely arrival, and that is a fact!  

View Quote

And a lot of us will never call them.....

Ever....

Trust me on this.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:40:38 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Actually, he's not. Try posting some (kill em all) banter about Muslims or whomever and see how far that gets you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

An excellent read.

http://www.tickld.com/cdn_image_postimage/2202ca75470304ff347209073b44cb2c.png

I'm agreeing with Hiram. I guess I should have made that clear in my first post.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:41:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I am glad to answer that question.

It is because the citizens of those locations elect corrupt politicians who pass bad laws.  And they elect corrupt Judges that rule wrongly about the laws.

You are getting mad at the wrong people when you blame cops for bad laws.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am glad to answer that question.

It is because the citizens of those locations elect corrupt politicians who pass bad laws.  And they elect corrupt Judges that rule wrongly about the laws.

You are getting mad at the wrong people when you blame cops for bad laws.

This.  As painful as it is to say it, firearms ownership/possession is moving from being a 2nd Amendment rights issue to trying to preserve the fundamentals of this right, especially at the state level right now.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:41:15 PM EDT
[#39]
This thread has......................possibilities.        

IN
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:41:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-jfSWmlC6iA8/TpCR5-pdqSI/AAAAAAAAJYs/wsFr96jsY0E/s320/Jaws_079Pyxurz.jpg

Click-click-click........................

Click...click...
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:42:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Holy troll thread Batman

Who whines like Internet cops? Jesus Christ, there are threads here constantly bitching about lawyers, union carpenters, auto mechanics, car salesmen. But you know who -sniffle-sniffle- whines and leaves the Internet like a 13 year old who got cut from the junior high cheer team? You know who.

So let me know the first time a cop calls the local TV station and says "Look, I've done this for fifteen years, and really wanted to keep helping my community, but since the passage of the SAFE Act it is clear that I will be required to violate people's constitutional rights so I'm done, and I call on my fellow officers to do what's right. Sure I'm losing free dental and there are not a lot of other jobs for me to go into, but I'm not going to rationalize doing the wrong thing by saying it's okay because the legislature passed this law and I'm just following orders. I'm looking for work, please call if you have any openings."

View Quote

My best friend of 25 years is a cop, and he would tear that article to pieces.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:42:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Pretty much. No bias at all here

Im not taking the bait. Off to the track to run I go and let the rest of you get caught up in this thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Site staff throws out a troll thread and the threatens people. Pft.  

Pretty much. No bias at all here

Im not taking the bait. Off to the track to run I go and let the rest of you get caught up in this thread.

Reading and watching football today...sports!
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:42:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Holy troll thread Batman

Who whines like Internet cops? Jesus Christ, there are threads here constantly bitching about lawyers, union carpenters, auto mechanics, car salesmen. But you know who -sniffle-sniffle- whines and leaves the Internet like a 13 year old who got cut from the junior high cheer team? You know who.

So let me know the first time a cop calls the local TV station and says "Look, I've done this for fifteen years, and really wanted to keep helping my community, but since the passage of the SAFE Act it is clear that I will be required to violate people's constitutional rights so I'm done, and I call on my fellow officers to do what's right. Sure I'm losing free dental and there are not a lot of other jobs for me to go into, but I'm not going to rationalize doing the wrong thing by saying it's okay because the legislature passed this law and I'm just following orders. I'm looking for work, please call if you have any openings."

View Quote

Why would lawyers and car salesmen complain? Lying, cheating, and generally profiting from the misery of others is the exact reason they seek those professions. That type of behavior is the expectation. Why complain about the obvious?

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:44:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Tag for site staff trolling
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:44:14 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Holy troll thread Batman

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:44:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Holy troll thread Batman

View Quote

Click......
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:44:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Site staff throws out a troll thread and the threatens people. Pft.  
View Quote

"If you didn't have anything to hide you wouldn't NEED constitutional rights to protect yourself from US!"

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:44:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Alot of people hate cops, until their ass is in a shit sandwich and pray for their timely arrival, and that is a fact!  

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:44:47 PM EDT
[#49]
The authors bio is f$%king hilarious

About the Author: Nathan "Mad Duo Nate" is a former USMC Sergeant who recently transitioned to being a nasty civilian. He lives largely on nicotine, whiskey and hate and can be frequently found orating Kipling poems to frightened hipsters. A graduate of the Camp Lejeune School for Wayward Boys, he was a Marine NCO, Infantry Platoon Sergeant and Scout Sniper team leader. He is a fully qualified American Jedi, handsome badass and world-renowned field barista. He has numerous deployments to the Middle East and Africa and is something of an idiot savant when it comes finger-fucking stuff to make it work better. Nate drinks every day and only chain smokes when he's drinking. We reckon he is probably best described as a sociopathic philosopher with vestigial cutthroat (though poetic) tendencies. Thus far Murr's writing has appeared in such places as here on Breach-Bang-Clear, on Military.com, in field shitters and portajohns on at least 3 continents, in RECOIL Magazine and of course Penthouse l
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:45:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just like lawyers.
Page / 37
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top