Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 37
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:23:51 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No, but you're not addressing that point either, so.....

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

but that really isn't your point.

No, but you're not addressing that point either, so.....

Because I already have.

I don't need to move, I live in a free state, on purpose. I chose to live here.

If the gun laws were not to my liking, I would move, yes. No problem.

There, I spelled it out for you. Better?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:24:02 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Not me, I'm following GD's advice to "Just move".
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

All NY has to do is vote out the dems....

Not even close. A republican gave us our last AWB before the SAFE Act.

No shit?

Then you need to unfuck your reps.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:24:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
And you're free to ignore them, too.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why do a majority of LEO on this site insist on being so smug and flippant?
I can think of a handful of good cops that post, but so many of them posts come off as holier than thou.
This thread is a good example of this.

Some post are childish hurt feeling reports or lol.gifs.
It's down right scary to see some post about those that interact often with LEO are either LEO themselves or criminals.
It really speaks to the mindset some have.

What do you expect when people talk mad shit about your job? Smile and say thank you? Who do you think you (collective you, not you personally) are to talk shit then expect nothing but roses and kisses back?
Ignore it.  It's just the internet.  

At 53k + posts I tend to doubt that. You seem to have a lot of opinions.  

I'm not saying you're wrong, actually you are right but what fun would that be?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:25:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The police are the rubber that meets the road when it comes to enforcing tyrannical edicts.  They enforce it without question.  Men who would blindly enforce atrocities such as New York State's SAFE act have absolutely ZERO business being in any position of authority.

If you enforce the encroachment of our civil liberties, there really isn't much to figure out about why people are going to hate you.
View Quote

Even in a skinny knows what's up.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:25:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

By who?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow, thought this would be locked by now.

By who?

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:25:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
There is only one use for the term hate. Hate means someone wants you dead. There are dozens of words you could use. Objections, mistrust, distaste, those are three that do not evoke piles of dead people and genocide.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

When I hear the words "cop hate" It drive me bug shit. Obviously the folks useing those two words dont know what hate is. hate is a word with a very specific defintion. It means someone wants to eat your guts and poop them out and feed them to you. That is hate. Hate isn't shit talk and reasoned objections  on internet forums, HATE is war, death, rage and horror.. Ever seen a muslim cut someones head off that is a little taste of hate. but that isn't the fullest depths of hate, the victim died fairly quickly, hate can make death slow and terrible beyond even the most depraved persons imaginings.. Ever seen an oven that was used to cremate thousands of victims of a pogrom, that is hate. But it can be much much worse.

Hate aint a fucking objection to what looks like the makings for martial law in every town. It just aint. If you think it is , you have obviously not done much of a study on what hate is.

If you want to split hairs and try to use the most literal use of every term and word in our language have fun talking to yourself.

There is only one use for the term hate. Hate means someone wants you dead. There are dozens of words you could use. Objections, mistrust, distaste, those are three that do not evoke piles of dead people and genocide.
Merriam-Webster defines hate as:

: a strong feeling of dislike.

Nothing about wanting someone dead or eating their guts and pooping them out.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:25:43 PM EDT
[#7]
A good read, and spot on.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:26:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
When I hear the words "cop hate" It drive me bug shit. Obviously the folks useing those two words dont know what hate is. hate is a word with a very specific defintion. It means someone wants to eat your guts and poop them out and feed them to you. That is hate. Hate isn't shit talk and reasoned objections  on internet forums, HATE is war, death, rage and horror.. Ever seen a muslim cut someones head off that is a little taste of hate. but that isn't the fullest depths of hate, the victim died fairly quickly, hate can make death slow and terrible beyond even the most depraved persons imaginings.. Ever seen an oven that was used to cremate thousands of victims of a pogrom, that is hate. But it can be much much worse.

Hate aint a fucking objection to what looks like the makings for martial law in every town. It just aint. If you think it is , you have obviously not done much of a study on what hate is.

If you want to split hairs and try to use the most literal use of every term and word in our language have fun talking to yourself.

Dictionaries disagree with you.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:26:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What do you expect when people talk mad shit about your job? Smile and say thank you? Who do you think you (collective you, not you personally) are to talk shit then expect nothing but roses and kisses back?
Ignore it.  It's just the internet.  

At 53k + posts I tend to doubt that. You seem to have a lot of opinions.  

Your avatar frustrates me. It's like that gif of the fat chick pulling up her shirt and right as her tits are about to pop out Jesus comes up and says 'nope'.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:27:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's having an orgasm of elitism. Don't go and bust his bubble.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:28:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Your avatar frustrates me. It's like that gif of the fat chick pulling up her shirt and right as her tits are about to pop out Jesus comes up and says 'nope'.
View Quote

I know.... it sucks doesn't it? I consider it a testament to the absurdity of the avatar rules.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:30:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yes it certainly is.
If by discussing your points you mean make generalize insulting comments about all leo's then you are right..it isn't the place to do that.
If you want to express your opinion and discuss it in a civilized manner..have at it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I agree with several points, but disagree overall.

I guess this isn't the thread to discuss it though.
Yes it certainly is.
If by discussing your points you mean make generalize insulting comments about all leo's then you are right..it isn't the place to do that.
If you want to express your opinion and discuss it in a civilized manner..have at it.

In MY opinion, the militarization of police is a necessity at this point in time. I'll do the usual preface...I have several LEO friends, work out with several LEO, and live within one house of six LEO. I treat most as if they were my brothers. I come from a legacy family of fire fighters as well. There has been a large advancement of citizen based arms as well as a new level of threat from what has now been labeled as "terrorists". In 1900, the normal population had a 22, a 12g, and possibly a bolt action rifle. Today, any thug can go get FMJ rounds for a semiauto rifle with a drum magazine. People have body armor. People have more restricted access to explosives, yet the threat of harm due to those explosives is greater. Times are bad, and getting worse. Many do not realize that agencies are getting MRAPs and Humvees due to surplus/loan rather than their actual need of a mine resistant vehicle, and target the agencies for this. Most here are not that blind.

As stated before, I do not think that the equipment is a main issue with LEOs as a whole. It is with the dickhead cop that almost everyone has had a run in with. It is with the tactics used. It is with the overall attitude portrayed by agencies. All of this goes back to the "bad times" we are currently in. It has to do with the new type of threat to society. It has to do with the new overall ignorance of the presumption of innocence as well. This will draw faces, but it also has to do with the economy.  

Police used to do just that...police. Walk door to door, drive around and spotlight yards, etc. They were friends with citizens, and worked with the public to get things done.  Officers are servants of the public, yet many act as if the citizens are beneath them. Many police officers now treat everyone as if they are guilty. Last time I was pulled over (for changing lanes without a signal), I was handcuffed and placed in the back of a car. Car "positive" by dog search, so they tore my truck apart. I drive a new 4x4 pickup, was in a good part of town, and this was at 2030 on a Friday. I was treated like a criminal for no reason, had a handgun pointed at me by an undertrained officer with his finger on the trigger, and my wife was forced to stand in 25deg weather on the hood of a car for an hour with a dress only.

Without hesitance or weariness, I would assume that more cops would be put in desperate situations....there are a ton of bad guys out there who want to hurt them. Yet I would also assume that remarkably less than 1% of the citizens they interact with are "bad guys".  Training has to change. As much as they focus on situations that go awry, they need to train more on public relations and ethics. Period. You train for what you encounter. Weapons are used as a final effort yet are becoming a primary tool as evidenced by many recent events.

Traffic officers, on the other hand, have zero respect from myself. I feel that they are a misuse of resources. They generally have been the worst to me, and I feel that their daily activities are useless and have nothing to add to society. I watch a state trooper shoot radar every day hiding under a sign on my way to work, yet on the way I go through an intersection that is run constantly, is the host to MVAs almost daily, and I have called in personally many times. Writing a ticket to someone going 5mph over while other cops serve warrants to dangerous and violent offenders is embarrassing. I would assume that real LEO do not respect the traffic enforcement officers as well, as one "bust" a year (if they make that) accounts for 0.00001% of the total narcotics being driven.

On to the pay- two of the top ten I graduated with are now in law enforcement of some kind. They did it to get federal jobs later on. But LEO pay is low around here. Obviously you draw people with less respect for their jobs, less education, and people that have been turned down for other jobs/college. It sucks, and is not true to all LEO, but happens to be the norm here. I won't forget quotas as well, because that is an issue as well. Less pay/worse economy also adds to the stress of the already stressful job and increases tempers and violence.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:31:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I know.... it sucks doesn't it? I consider it a testament to the absurdity of the avatar rules.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

#freetheARFtits
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:32:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Per Merriam-Webster defines hate as:

Nothing about wanting someone dead.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lots of people are murdered every day because other people feel strong enmical feelings towards them (hate). Hell 60% of murders in this country are between rival drug gangs who have strong feelings of dislike. You could say most genocides are fed by strong feelings of dislike. what the hell man.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:33:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why do a majority of LEO on this site insist on being so smug and flippant?
I can think of a handful of good cops that post, but so many of them posts come off as holier than thou.
This thread is a good example of this.

Some post are childish hurt feeling reports or lol.gifs.
It's down right scary to see some post about those that interact often with LEO are either LEO themselves or criminals.
It really speaks to the mindset some have.

Someone can post about a bad experience with any other job field and not much happens.  Post about a bad experience with LE and you'll most likely get called a liar, criminal, and drug user.

I get it though, you're special.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:34:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I've been told so many times that my stay here will be short. I haven't even got a warning yet. I feel as though I'm not living up to my potential.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That being said, in this instance Striker started what could have devolved into a shitstorm but reminded and even gave examples of how to get a point across without violating the COC.

I have little sympathy for those who don't know how to do that.

Many of them have a (well deserved) short "career" here, and, in general, the site is better off without them.

I've been told so many times that my stay here will be short. I haven't even got a warning yet. I feel as though I'm not living up to my potential.

Try harder.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:35:37 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Lots of people are murdered every day because other people feel strong enmical feelings towards them (hate). Hell 60% of murders in this country are between revial drug gangs who have strong feelings of dislike. You could say most genocides are fed by strong feelings of dislike. what the hell man.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lots of people are murdered every day because other people feel strong enmical feelings towards them (hate). Hell 60% of murders in this country are between revial drug gangs who have strong feelings of dislike. You could say most genocides are fed by strong feelings of dislike. what the hell man.
You are the one that said, and I quote, "hate is a word with a very specific defintion." (That's your misspelling of definition, not mine)

Nowhere does the definition say what you said it does.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:38:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit?

You quitter.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:39:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

In MY opinion, the militarization of police is a necessity at this point in time. I'll do the usual preface...I have several LEO friends, work out with several LEO, and live within one house of six LEO. I treat most as if they were my brothers. I come from a legacy family of fire fighters as well. There has been a large advancement of citizen based arms as well as a new level of threat from what has now been labeled as "terrorists". In 1900, the normal population had a 22, a 12g, and possibly a bolt action rifle. Today, any thug can go get FMJ rounds for a semiauto rifle with a drum magazine. People have body armor. People have more restricted access to explosives, yet the threat of harm due to those explosives is greater. Times are bad, and getting worse. Many do not realize that agencies are getting MRAPs and Humvees due to surplus/loan rather than their actual need of a mine resistant vehicle, and target the agencies for this. Most here are not that blind.

As stated before, I do not think that the equipment is a main issue with LEOs as a whole. It is with the dickhead cop that almost everyone has had a run in with. It is with the tactics used. It is with the overall attitude portrayed by agencies. All of this goes back to the "bad times" we are currently in. It has to do with the new type of threat to society. It has to do with the new overall ignorance of the presumption of innocence as well. This will draw faces, but it also has to do with the economy.  

Police used to do just that...police. Walk door to door, drive around and spotlight yards, etc. They were friends with citizens, and worked with the public to get things done.  Officers are servants of the public, yet many act as if the citizens are beneath them. Many police officers now treat everyone as if they are guilty. Last time I was pulled over (for changing lanes without a signal), I was handcuffed and placed in the back of a car. Car "positive" by dog search, so they tore my truck apart. I drive a new 4x4 pickup, was in a good part of town, and this was at 2030 on a Friday. I was treated like a criminal for no reason, had a handgun pointed at me by an undertrained officer with his finger on the trigger, and my wife was forced to stand in 25deg weather on the hood of a car for an hour with a dress only.

Without hesitance or weariness, I would assume that more cops would be put in desperate situations....there are a ton of bad guys out there who want to hurt them. Yet I would also assume that remarkably less than 1% of the citizens they interact with are "bad guys".  Training has to change. As much as they focus on situations that go awry, they need to train more on public relations and ethics. Period. You train for what you encounter. Weapons are used as a final effort yet are becoming a primary tool as evidenced by many recent events.

Traffic officers, on the other hand, have zero respect from myself. I feel that they are a misuse of resources. They generally have been the worst to me, and I feel that their daily activities are useless and have nothing to add to society. I watch a state trooper shoot radar every day hiding under a sign on my way to work, yet on the way I go through an intersection that is run constantly, is the host to MVAs almost daily, and I have called in personally many times. Writing a ticket to someone going 5mph over while other cops serve warrants to dangerous and violent offenders is embarrassing. I would assume that real LEO do not respect the traffic enforcement officers as well, as one "bust" a year (if they make that) accounts for 0.00001% of the total narcotics being driven.

On to the pay- two of the top ten I graduated with are now in law enforcement of some kind. They did it to get federal jobs later on. But LEO pay is low around here. Obviously you draw people with less respect for their jobs, less education, and people that have been turned down for other jobs/college. It sucks, and is not true to all LEO, but happens to be the norm here. I won't forget quotas as well, because that is an issue as well. Less pay/worse economy also adds to the stress of the already stressful job and increases tempers and violence.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I agree with several points, but disagree overall.

I guess this isn't the thread to discuss it though.
Yes it certainly is.

tl,dr
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:40:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

This.

Calculated ad impression generator.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Site staff throws out a troll thread and the threatens people. Pft.  

This.

Calculated ad impression generator.

its  called force shaping
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:42:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

For fucks sake

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hate

a:  intense hostility and aversion usually deriving from fear, anger, or sense of injury

b:  extreme dislike or antipathy :  loathing
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:43:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Holy troll thread Batman

View Quote

So do other site staff get time outs or warnings for troll threads? Just looking to see if all animals are equal.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:44:10 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
For fucks sake

a:  intense hostility and aversion usually deriving from fear, anger, or sense of injury

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

For fucks sake

Which one of those evokes images of piles of dead people and genocide?

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:44:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit?

I wish you would have been my arresting officer in Chesterfield when I was 19 and had beer. You so should have gotten that gig.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:47:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

So do other site staff get time outs or warnings for troll threads? Just looking to see if all animals are equal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Holy troll thread Batman

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:47:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For fucks sake

Both. Words like intense and extreme when used to describe words like hostility and antipathy means stuff. To me those words evoke images of genocide and war.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:47:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Not reading through the whole thread, but this article is bullshit.

As a free American, I can own anything I want, including a machine gun, a silencer or even what the press calls "a tank". I have friends that own tanks and flame throwers, other friends that own anti-tank guns and have legal access to explosives and badass gear, you name it. They are all citizens just like me, and not involved in law enforcement in any way. The funny thing about it is, we all follow the law. Some guys just collect this fun stuff for the hell of it, and others collect if for when there is no law enforcement to be found, like what happened in Katrina or the LA riots.
If you say cops shouldn’t have access to “military” style equipment, then you might as well just say “lets cancel the Second Amendment.”
View Quote

Get back to me when I can own newly manufactured MGs.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:49:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Holy troll thread Batman

Especially when one could be a unlabeled mod who is trying to push the throttle himself to get a ban on somebody.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:49:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I'd like one. Looks like a good car to pick up chicks on main street.

Personally, I'd rather see LEO offices have them than they being crushed for scrap or abandoned in theater for ISIS to use.  A bulletproof cop car could save lives of LEO and non-LEO citizens alike.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I only see one way this whole thing can be resolved.....

Please donate to the "let's give Sysops666 an MRAP" foundation.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d168/sysops666/Mobile%20Uploads/LAND_MaxxPro_Dash_and%20Plus_lg.jpg

Making the world a happier place. One gun owner at a time.

Personally, I'd rather see LEO offices have them than they being crushed for scrap or abandoned in theater for ISIS to use.  A bulletproof cop car could save lives of LEO and non-LEO citizens alike.

They'd be better served running as Bambalances for the poor fucking EMT's that get to go into the ghetto to try to save Ray Ray after he got shot during a riot.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:50:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Good read. Thank you for posting that Striker.

Now I'm off to read the 13 pages of this thread....

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:51:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
tl,dr
View Quote

Shit, I didn't realize I was so involved until looking back at it.

TL,DR- Cops have to have heavier equipment and more violent tactics r/t the shitty times we live in, but need to have more training in public relations and less in show of force. Traffic cops are not in the general description of cops and overall suck in my opinion. Most cops are good, the asshole ones make most people hate them.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:51:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

They'd be better served running as Bambalances for the poor fucking EMT's that get to go into the ghetto to try to save Ray Ray after he got shot during a riot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d168/sysops666/Mobile%20Uploads/LAND_MaxxPro_Dash_and%20Plus_lg.jpg

Actually, that is a fucking brilliant idea.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:52:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Holy troll thread Batman

Who whines like Internet cops? Jesus Christ, there are threads here constantly bitching about lawyers, union carpenters, auto mechanics, car salesmen. But you know who -sniffle-sniffle- whines and leaves the Internet like a 13 year old who got cut from the junior high cheer team? You know who.

So let me know the first time a cop calls the local TV station and says "Look, I've done this for fifteen years, and really wanted to keep helping my community, but since the passage of the SAFE Act it is clear that I will be required to violate people's constitutional rights so I'm done, and I call on my fellow officers to do what's right. Sure I'm losing free dental and there are not a lot of other jobs for me to go into, but I'm not going to rationalize doing the wrong thing by saying it's okay because the legislature passed this law and I'm just following orders. I'm looking for work, please call if you have any openings."

No one I can assure you.

I also can assure you that the vast majority of ARFCOMMERS are honest law abiding citizens who pay their bills, have families and love America. Most are model citizens.

We are a proLEO website and every ruling and official action in regards to LEOs is made with that position as the guiding mindset.

The saddest thing is that for the vast majority of the aforementioned ARFCOMMERs that are honest and law-abiding good decent citizens are WAY more likely to have a negative interaction with a cop here on ARF than in real life and the site continues to support that.

You are proving the point underlined as we speak. The irony is palpable.

Or do you need a hurt feelings report?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:53:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never been inside one, but the interior looks like it would be a bit small for patients+EMTs+equipment....
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:53:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know it. It was mine. lol
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:53:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I wish you would have been my arresting officer in Chesterfield when I was 19 and had beer. You so should have gotten that gig.
View Quote

They had no desire to hire me.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:54:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Never been inside one, but the interior looks like it would be a bit small for patients+EMTs+equipment....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've seen inside one. It would be just fine gutted out.

ETA Ambulances themselves are tight quarters. Really tight.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:55:33 PM EDT
[#38]
The biggest problem I'm seeing is the can't say NO attitude with many agencies. They try to do everything for everyone who calls and end up being hired harassers instead of focusing on the core criminal issues.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:58:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bummer...
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:59:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

If NavyDoc1 said the sky was pink I would have to go outside and check.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

However, issues with law enforcement should really have nothing to do with the gear they have or clothes they wear but the laws they are enforcing. As such, the problem is with the people who vote for those laws, rather than those who enforce it.

Now there is a reasonable thought.

I just visualised  ND1 making you walk outside.....
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:59:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Holy troll thread Batman

Who whines like Internet cops? Jesus Christ, there are threads here constantly bitching about lawyers, union carpenters, auto mechanics, car salesmen. But you know who -sniffle-sniffle- whines and leaves the Internet like a 13 year old who got cut from the junior high cheer team? You know who.

So let me know the first time a cop calls the local TV station and says "Look, I've done this for fifteen years, and really wanted to keep helping my community, but since the passage of the SAFE Act it is clear that I will be required to violate people's constitutional rights so I'm done, and I call on my fellow officers to do what's right. Sure I'm losing free dental and there are not a lot of other jobs for me to go into, but I'm not going to rationalize doing the wrong thing by saying it's okay because the legislature passed this law and I'm just following orders. I'm looking for work, please call if you have any openings."

No one I can assure you.

I also can assure you that the vast majority of ARFCOMMERS are honest law abiding citizens who pay their bills, have families and love America. Most are model citizens.

We are a proLEO website and every ruling and official action in regards to LEOs is made with that position as the guiding mindset.

The saddest thing is that for the vast majority of the aforementioned ARFCOMMERs that are honest and law-abiding good decent citizens are WAY more likely to have a negative interaction with a cop here on ARF than in real life and the site continues to support that.

I hereby award you an extra point for the word "palpable".
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:59:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They won't hire anyone now who isn't <25 years of age, and preferably with .mil experience. They have transformed into something that would be a great topic pertaining to this thread.

Before anyone calls BS on me, of course that isn't their "policy," but as someone deeply acquainted with the Chesterfield County Sheriffs Department, I'm telling you the God's honest truth about who they want and target.

In case I wasn't clear enough, Extorris and I are talking about the PD, not Sheriffs Dept. We have both, as does Henrico County.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:02:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Lots of butthurt in here.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:03:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Holy troll thread Batman

View Quote

Exactly.  Ironically, the OP is from Canada where gun laws are far more draconian than any state in the U.S. and he has no problem enforcing those.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:03:24 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View Quote

Lots of people not appreciating the irony of the whole situation.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:03:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

And a ton of laughs.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:06:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

So you blame it on people who do not want anyone one to own guns? That is convenient. We might as well not have a Constitution or a Supreme Court then. Just let all of the local people decide what they want even if it infringes on the rights of other citizens. How did that work out for Jim Crow? Same thing you know.

Were the cops righteous in enforcing Jim Crow laws just because there were enough idiots that wanted separate facilities for blacks and whites, so they voted for it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I blame it on the voters that elect idiots.  I know the police officers do not pass legislation.  And, as it might surprise you, cops are not allowed to determine what laws are Constitutional and which are not.

An before you support that position, are you sure you want cops being the judges of what is Constitutional and what is not?

So you blame it on people who do not want anyone one to own guns? That is convenient. We might as well not have a Constitution or a Supreme Court then. Just let all of the local people decide what they want even if it infringes on the rights of other citizens. How did that work out for Jim Crow? Same thing you know.

Were the cops righteous in enforcing Jim Crow laws just because there were enough idiots that wanted separate facilities for blacks and whites, so they voted for it?

Exactly.  This is the same "just following orders" excuse.  

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:06:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been in a few and remove the seats in back and make some modifications, it actually might work. We're not talking about "full court press," but rather "scoop and go" for a single patient in a hazardous area.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:06:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

However, issues with law enforcement should really have nothing to do with the gear they have or clothes they wear but the laws they are enforcing. As such, the problem is with the people who vote for those laws, rather than those who enforce it.

Now there is a reasonable thought.

Well I wouldn't go outside now. Fucking crazy ass storm, I'm waiting for my power to go out.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:07:02 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hell I have no idea what's going on.

Is there a TL/DR?

Page / 37
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top