BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 37
Posted: 10/25/2014 1:46:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:49:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Site staff throws out a troll thread and the threatens people. Pft.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:50:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

This.

Calculated ad impression generator.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:50:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pretty much. No bias at all here

Im not taking the bait. Off to the track to run I go and let the rest of you get caught up in this thread.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:54:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Agreed. Interesting read. Thought I would throw that in before the shitstorm, which will be along shortly.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:55:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
http://www.breachbangclear.com/why-i-hate-cops/

An excellent read.
I will warn the anti-cop members here..keep your posts with in the CoC or you will be shown the door.
Argue the merits of this article all you want. Attack cops (including our LEO members here) because they are cops and you will be gone from the site.
View Quote

Read it... Don't care. sounds like a bunch of whining to me, Own as a civvie sure, since the police will not be there the exact moment you need (nor more likely several minutes or longer depending upon locale and what else is going on.). but on duty....NOPE They should not have that stuff, you'll have an entire city as backup that will drop everything  and move heaven and earth to save their "brother" who is "walking post." Plenty of help to be had faster thn any ciivvie will ever hope for,
its a dangerous job...you knew when you took it on stop whining about it already or find something ekle to do. Its like teachers whining about low pay..DUH what dod you expect?

Citizen not so much.  So let the joe blow guy have it, and not the copper who does not really need it because he a tons of force to bear when he needs it.

I think the biggest problem that has generated pretty much all the cop hate is that their fellow officer do crap and the are not held accountable to the same level of the law citizens are but are heavily defended. get few days off (with pay) and are back out at it no worse for wear.

Anyway.. it not going to change so...Meh.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:55:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Precisely.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:56:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Click-click-click........................

Click...click...
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:57:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Not a cop basher at all, but why doesn't the author address those states where LEO get special exemptions from gun laws?  Where the equipment they carry is a felony for non LEO to own?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:57:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Heh !

That's a pretty good read, thanks for posting it up.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:57:43 PM EDT
[#10]
The problem with the "militarization" of the police is that, more and more, they're coming to look at average Americans as "the enemy".

It's not only about equipment, though. It's a culture and mindset, too - and as standards are lowered to keep the rosters full, so too will the quality of LEO's deteriorate. Over-the-top violent cops will continue to stomp on the constitution and the good ones left will either become corrupted themselves, or become so disgusted, they'll leave LE altogether.

Either way, it's not a rosy scenario and I don't see it getting better anytime soon.

Oh. And I don't "hate cops". I am quite aware of what's happening, though. All you need are eyes, ears and a fucking brain.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:57:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:58:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:58:14 PM EDT
[#13]
well ok then.......
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:59:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The problem with the "militarization" of the police is that, more and more, they're coming to look at average Americans as "the enemy".

It's not only about equipment, though. It's a culture and mindset, too - and as standards are lowered to keep the rosters full, so too will the quality of LEO's deteriorate. Over-the-top violent cops will continue to stomp on the constitution and the good ones left will either become corrupted themselves, or become so disgusted, they'll leave LE altogether.

Either way, it's not a rosy scenario and I don't see it getting better anytime soon.

Oh. And I don't "hate cops". I am quite aware of what's happening, though. All you need are eyes, ears and a fucking brain.
View Quote

only paranoid people think that.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:00:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Interesting read, thanks.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:00:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
http://www.breachbangclear.com/why-i-hate-cops/

An excellent read.
I will warn the anti-cop members here..keep your posts with in the CoC or you will be shown the door.
Argue the merits of this article all you want. Attack cops (including our LEO members here) because they are cops and you will be gone from the site.
View Quote

Sorry my friend I'm sick of protected classes. Yeah, private site, Avila's rules, I respect that. I just find it beyond hypocritical that certain classes are fair game and others are deemed special.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:00:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Well that wasn't biased at all....
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:00:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-jfSWmlC6iA8/TpCR5-pdqSI/AAAAAAAAJYs/wsFr96jsY0E/s320/Jaws_079Pyxurz.jpg

Click-click-click.......................

Click...click...
View Quote

OP :  "Fish on!"
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:01:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Im not taking the bait. Off to the track to run I go and let the rest of you get caught up in this thread.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's boss, I'm hungover.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:02:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Wat is going on in here.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:03:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Not a cop basher at all, but why doesn't the author address those states where LEO get special exemptions from gun laws?  Where the equipment they carry is a felony for non LEO to own?
View Quote

Yup... I got mine so I'll ignore what's going on around me. Wake up pal, you're next.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:04:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Alot of people hate cops, until their ass is in a shit sandwich and pray for their timely arrival, and that is a fact!  

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:04:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm not a cop basher, but yeah, both this thread and that article reek of fail.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:04:51 PM EDT
[#24]
I’ll wrap this op-ed up with this. If you don't like the job cops are doing, then go get the badge and do it yourself. You don't have to do it full time. You can be a Reserve or Auxiliary - at a minimum you can go on a citizen's ride-along and see for yourself what it's like. You don’t like your sheriff’s department? Then go run for Sheriff. Get on the local city council. Demand a higher standard for your own local cops, with better training, decision making, and judgement. Just be willing to pay for that higher standard and training.
View Quote

This.

Complaining on the internet doesnt solve problems. If you think you have the answers then become the Sheriff. Live in the city? Run for city council so you can pick the police chief. That gives you the ability to solve all of the problems with law enforcement in your little slice of the world. The learning curve is going to be really steep though. You dont know what you dont know. Like the soccor mom use of force experts asking "why didnt they shoot the gun out of his hand."
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:05:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

not impressed

i recall _A nother person got booted for that
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:06:17 PM EDT
[#26]
I don't hate cops. But I trust 'em as far as I can throw my pick-up.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:06:51 PM EDT
[#27]
tl.dr
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:07:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm still trying to figure out which part of it was a "good read". Must have been hard to type that piece while drinking so much koolaid.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:07:25 PM EDT
[#29]
I like the writers  bio.:-)

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:07:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Im laughing at you, not with you.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:07:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Meh... article is right... but still just TBL-mastubatory chest thumping.  

I'm all about cops having access to MBTs and naval gun support if the various sets of voters want to pay for it.

Just use it judiciously.  Most officers and departments seem to.  But quite a few don't... and one is too many.  To use a popular quote in a different context, it ain't the arrow, it's the Indian.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:07:57 PM EDT
[#32]
old school tag

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:08:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Talk about a trap.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:08:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-jfSWmlC6iA8/TpCR5-pdqSI/AAAAAAAAJYs/wsFr96jsY0E/s320/Jaws_079Pyxurz.jpg

Click-click-click........................

Click...click...
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:09:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:10:26 PM EDT
[#36]
When law abiding people "hate" cops it is usually rooted in ignorance. Little different than "why didnt they shoot the gun out of his hand"
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:11:23 PM EDT
[#37]
<<comments such as that..are best left un posted.>> Striker

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:12:12 PM EDT
[#38]
An article titled with deceit that slobs cop knob and belittles legitimate complaints.  Im sure it will be slurped up like nectar here.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:12:33 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

ya..I didn't consider it would appear as a troll thread. Just trying to generate good conversation on the "hate for cops" that seems to be very prevalent here. Having said that..if people can debate the article or express their opinions without breaking the site rules..then there is nothing to worry about is there.
View Quote
Yeah. I'm buying that.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:12:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Good Article but I get the feeling Stryker hasn't banned some in a VERY long time.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:13:03 PM EDT
[#41]
From the article:

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:13:42 PM EDT
[#42]
"If you say cops shouldn’t have access to “military” style equipment, then you might as well just say “lets cancel the Second Amendment.” "

OK, then when the 2nd doesn't apply to citizens, is it also fair to apply those same standards to police?  Bullet buttons and 7 rounds mags for LE in those respective states, also.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:14:07 PM EDT
[#43]
This thread is most definitely..... entrapment.

I'll be here all week.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:14:32 PM EDT
[#44]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.misplaced.net/stfu/boldstrategy.gif

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:15:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:15:32 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
ya..I didn't consider it would appear as a troll thread. Just trying to generate good conversation on the "hate for cops" that seems to be very prevalent here. Having said that..if people can debate the article or express their opinions without breaking the site rules..then there is nothing to worry about is there.
View Quote

And it doesn't get more childish than your OP statement.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:16:30 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

lol. Nope and I'm not looking to. But based on my experience here..any type of pro police post here turns into a cop bashing thread..hence the "heads up" to keep that crap out of this thread.

IMHO that article is bang on.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Good Article but I get the feeling Stryker hasn't banned some in a VERY long time.
lol. Nope and I'm not looking to. But based on my experience here..any type of pro police post here turns into a cop bashing thread..hence the "heads up" to keep that crap out of this thread.

IMHO that article is bang on.

Some is, some isn't.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:17:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
From the article:

http://i59.tinypic.com/1z5kw3k.png

View Quote

Yes. We have to fish out dead bodies from water from time to time or gather evidence. What do you expect the cops to do?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:18:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Just seemed to be bitching about the bitching to me. Never really tried to explain "why people hate cops".
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:18:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 37
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top