Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I drink beer for the flavor, not the intoxicant
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It has alcohol, which is the most important ingredient.

Let's be honest, few people would drink beer if it didn't have alcohol. I wouldn't.

So the "great taste" of snob beers doesn't really mean much.

Yep. I never drink more than 3 beers in a session. Beer is a refreshing beverage, even beer that isn't that great.

If I'm going to drink a sixer or less a week I'm going to get something that tastes great.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:43:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I still drink Bud Heavy. I used to drink Bud Select, back before they made it an ultra light bitch beer.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:44:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I don't think it was ever cool to drink Budweiser.  It's like the McDonald's of beer.
View Quote

Isn't it the official beer of WalMart?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:44:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Since high school.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:45:03 PM EDT
[#5]
That is foam water with a hint of alcohol. Even on a low budget I wouldn't drink that.

Start a thread for shit beer and see what happens to Budweiser
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:45:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I mainly drink bud lite, I don't like the micro brews or heavy beers.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:46:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Christ on a pita! This also. If you drink SOLELY to get drunk, well.... I have nothing positive to say.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let's be honest, few people would drink beer if it didn't have alcohol. I wouldn't.

Christ on a pita! This also. If you drink SOLELY to get drunk, well.... I have nothing positive to say.

I once made a thread asking why people drink with poll.  "The effects" was the leading answer.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:46:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Um, really? If you cant finds a beer that you truly enjoy the flavor of, you either aren't trying very many, or have something wrong with your taste buds. As for the headache, you might have an allergy to one of the core ingredients. For instance: if I drink ONE beer with too much hops, my face gets red, my nose puffs up and I get a headache. Low hops? Could down a keg with no adverse effects. ...or perhaps it's the quantity causing the problem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I still don't get the whole "good tasting" beer snobbery movement. It all tastes like shit and gives you a headache. If you want beer, get the cheap stuff.

Um, really? If you cant finds a beer that you truly enjoy the flavor of, you either aren't trying very many, or have something wrong with your taste buds. As for the headache, you might have an allergy to one of the core ingredients. For instance: if I drink ONE beer with too much hops, my face gets red, my nose puffs up and I get a headache. Low hops? Could down a keg with no adverse effects. ...or perhaps it's the quantity causing the problem.

I won't categorize it as some thing wrong, but some people do have taste buds that simply can't appreciate the goodness that hops adds to beer.

Note that there are some people who even suggest that IPAs should no longer be manufactured.

This, in spite of the large number of drinkers who really love a good IPA.

Now, I have had a couple of bad IPAs, but maybe some one else thought that they were great.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:46:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I mainly drink bud lite, I don't like the micro brews or heavy beers.
View Quote

prepare your anus.......
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:51:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I get it ....it's swill made with rice for the masses and with all of the microbrews out there its not cool.....it has no flavor...its garbage....and all of the other hipster fucking comments....I don't give a shit I'm having a Bud!
View Quote

to each his own.  Personally it at least for me it tastes like crap. That why I don't drink it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:57:06 PM EDT
[#11]

I used to sell all my barley to Bud.  Now it goes to Briess, who supposedly have 80% of the craft beer malt market.  So you guys are probably getting an ingredient

from northwest Wyoming no matter what you drink.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:59:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I won't categorize it as some thing wrong, but some people do have taste buds that simply can't appreciate the goodness that hops adds to beer.

Note that there are some people who even suggest that IPAs should no longer be manufactured.

Now, I have had a couple of bad IPAs, but maybe some one else thought that they were great.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I still don't get the whole "good tasting" beer snobbery movement. It all tastes like shit and gives you a headache. If you want beer, get the cheap stuff.

Why would anybody suggest they stop brewing IPAs? I, personally, find 99% of them repulsive (even neglecting the physiological effect they have on me), but shit tons of folks love 'em. It's not like they contain asbestos, or something.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:59:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote

Back in high school and college, when all people drank was either Bud Light, Coors Light, or Michelob Light, I thought beer was supposed to taste bad and you only drank it to get drunk.  It wasn't until after college I started trying some craft beers and it really opened my eyes.  You should drink beer because it tastes good, getting a buzz is only a nice benefit.

My current favorite:

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:00:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The only thing cool about Budweiser is their commercials.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:01:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Budweiser is #unionmade
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:01:12 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm not proud. If it's free, I'll drink it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:01:40 PM EDT
[#17]
I love "craft beers" for the flavor. If I'm looking for cheap beer to get hammered, I drink Coors Light. Bud Light gives me wicked headaches and I don't care for the flavor.

Edit: I like PBR, too, but I drank so much of it while I lived in Montana that I am a bit burned out on it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:01:51 PM EDT
[#18]
It tastes like asshole, that's why.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:02:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Why? Because rice does not belong in beer, and beechwood aging should be more than throwing some wood strips into the giant metal vat. That wood trick is actually how they pitch the yeast into their wort.

When Bush Gardens Williamsburg still had their "brewmaster course" (actually a somewhat educational tasting experience), I would be sure to give them my dog's name on the sign-up. It was nice to sit in AC for a bit in the summer, and I would leave with laser printer  paperwork that indicated that my dog was a certified Budweiser brewmaster.  :)

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:06:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I get it ....it's swill made with rice for the masses and with all of the microbrews out there its not cool.....it has no flavor...its garbage....and all of the other hipster fucking comments....I don't give a shit I'm having a Bud!
View Quote

I'll drink it because I'm an equal opportunity drinker, but it's low rent ghetto swill, no doubt about it.  

I don't know what kinda chemical shit they put in it, but 4 rice Buds will make me feel like shit, while 8 good beers has no negative effect.   It didn't use to be that way.   Not sure when or why it changed.    

Ironically, Becks beer made in STL, is still pretty good.  

The MCDees analogy is spot on.  Budweiser is catering to the lowest common denominator.   I didn't leave them, they left me...
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:07:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have tried a bunch. I haven't found a beer that that I like. 1 or 2 will give me a headache depending on the brand. I enjoy a scotch and a smoke much more.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:08:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
One day when you're all grown up you will learn to appreciate different tastes till then I hear all the cool kids drink boones farm.  

Bud and bud light actually make me physically ill after one drink so Coors for me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
One day when you're all grown up you will learn to appreciate different tastes till then I hear all the cool kids drink boones farm.  

Bud and bud light actually make me physically ill after one drink so Coors for me.

Meh. I'm probably older than you.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:08:16 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I have tried a bunch. I haven't found a beer that that I like. 1 or 2 will give me a headache depending on the brand. I enjoy a scotch and a smoke much more.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So do you buy cheap scotch then?

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:08:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Because this is no longer the '80s.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:09:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Er, Bud has never been cool to drink
View Quote

Do you even Spuds McKenzie, bro?

In the mid 80s, if you weren't drinking Bud Light, you were a commie.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:10:10 PM EDT
[#26]
If you're drinking anything "because it's cool"... you aren't cool.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:12:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:12:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Because most men are women these days.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:13:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Because it tastes like crap.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:13:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah-HAH! Headshot! Liquors are essentially in the same boat. Drink a cheap vodka, for instance, and the ridiculous quantities of impurities will give you a headache of incalculable proportions; drink a higher quality vodka (i.e., more expensive), and the headache factor is (usually) greatly diminished!
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:13:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

^Also this^
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:15:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

^Also this^
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

^Also this^

Q: How did the Hipster burn his face?
A: By drinking hot coffee before it was cool.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:17:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Pfffffffffffffft whatevs.........

I love fucking BL/
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:17:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Gives me the squirts.
View Quote

Jesus Christ, man the fuck up.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:18:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I love fucking BL

/
View Quote

In bottles, I bet.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:20:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Why drink shitty beer when great beer can had?

View Quote

He's right. Also, I'm not nearly what could be defined as a hipster.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:20:53 PM EDT
[#37]
I just don't like the taste. I'm not a weirdo hipster that drinks things like "Purple Munchkin chocolate raspberry oaked stout" either.

I prefer amber and red ales. West 6th, Kentucky Ale and Abita Amber are my favorites but I'll drink Amber Bock, Killian's etc. as well.

ETA: For some reason, light beers all give me a headache after only drinking a couple.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:21:27 PM EDT
[#38]
The trend went towards "my beer is cooler because you've never heard of it".  Budweiser is the antithesis of that.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:22:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

He's right. Also, I'm not nearly what could be defined as a hipster.

*ETA*
Quoted:
Shit gives me a headache before I'm even drunk on it.

He is also correct.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:22:24 PM EDT
[#40]

Agreed, but it's 'Czechvar' here.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:22:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't get how wanting good tasting beer makes you a snob.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:23:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Well, for one, it isn't even an American company anymore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, for one, it isn't even an American company anymore.

That doesnt really change the fact that they employ thousands of Americans.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:24:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In addition to flavor, I drink beer knowing that it is the drink of human kind.  The spirit of humanity is in every sip.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:25:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Craft beers, mom and pop eateries, cash only, and lambos.  It's the Afrcom way.
View Quote

Don't forget being 6' 5", only banging Hollywood actresses and supermodels, making 6-7 figures a year, and packing a 14" dick.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:27:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sometimes. My alcohol philosophy is similar to my ammo philosophy.

The cheap stuff is for when you are going for volume and the pricey stuff is the good stuff. Beer is just 7.62x39 in my mind.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:28:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Because Budweiser just wants to be my bud...craft beers, just want to be my beer.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:28:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do whatever makes you happy.  And if drinking Bud makes you happy then I feel sorry for you.  

Twinkies used to make me happy untill I grew up and began to enjoy real dessert food.
Legos used to make me happy untill I grew older and could buy other "toys".
Budweiser used to make me happy untill I graduated college, got a decent job, and could afford to buy real beer.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:28:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Don't forget being 6' 5", only banging Hollywood actresses and supermodels, making 6-7 figures a year, and packing a 14" dick.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Craft beers, mom and pop eateries, cash only, and lambos.  It's the Afrcom way.

Don't get me wrong, I will drink Miller Highlife and like it

Bud though, I can't so I won't.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:29:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

In bottles, I bet.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love fucking BL

/

In bottles, I bet.

Nope!

Cans......

I did have some Shipyard Pumpkin head that a female co-worker gave me.... it was good!
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:29:56 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How old do you think I am? And I known plenty of old people that have never grown up.

Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top